Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Love Your Enemies. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Your Enemies. (610 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Satan Ministry: How To Curse Your Enemies. / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Your Enemies. by pastorprosper(m): 7:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
As peace loving Christians I think its right for us to love everyone, even boko haramist, especially now in the light of the unprecedented assault against the church. Jesus commanded us to love our enemies and that includes boko haram. Besides the greatest force on earth is love, that's the only thing in the world that can change the vilest of persons, let's be sure that only love can overcome wickedness. God bless boko haram. I think its high time we started showing love to all those who have taken up arms against harmless Christians, what do u think?
Re: Love Your Enemies. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
This is the kind of love Jesus meant:

John 2:15
So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.
Re: Love Your Enemies. by pastorprosper(m): 11:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
MrBible: This is the kind of love Jesus meant:

John 2:15
So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.
Re: Love Your Enemies. by pastorprosper(m): 11:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
Actually he meant turn the other cheek after u hv been hit. Give your under garment to he who takes ur coat. Revenge is mine says the lord.
Re: Love Your Enemies. by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 26, 2012
John 18:22
22. When Jesus said this, one of the officials nearby struck him in the face. “Is this the way you answer the high priest?” he demanded.
23. “If I said something wrong,” Jesus replied, “testify as to what is wrong. But if I spoke the truth, why did you strike me?”

But Jesus did not turn the other cheek above.

pastor prosper :
Actually he meant turn the other cheek after u hv been hit. Give your under garment to he who takes ur coat. Revenge is mine says the lord.
Re: Love Your Enemies. by pastorprosper(m): 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
He actually did, if he didn't he wldnt hv hung on the cross.
Re: Love Your Enemies. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
Good Evening Prosper,
I am really happy that in the midst of the violence we still have people who would come out to say love is the way to go. I believe firmly in showing love to all, even if the object of our love decides to be an enemy.

I know how difficult it is to show love to members of Bokoharam but I am of the opinion that we are meant to hate the act but love the person. My words are not empty cause I have lost an Uncle to a suicide Bomber from Bokoharam.

Having said that, I also believe firmly that despite the love we are bound to show to our enemies, we are duty bound to protect our loved ones. I believe every Christian in the North should as a matter of urgency defend themselves since the government have decided to look the other way.

Thank you!
Re: Love Your Enemies. by AtheistD(m): 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
pastor prosper :

He didnt have much of a choice. He was in roman custody.
Re: Love Your Enemies. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
pastor prosper :
Luke 22:42
"Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me."

(1) (Reply)

Trust God To Answer Your Prayers / Is It Compulsory I Must Attend My Parents Church Or Get Married There. / TB Joshua Facebook Traffic Increases After Victory Of AFCON Final Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.