Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,404 members, 7,836,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God (8913 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / @ Italo, Debosky And Others - Re: Bible Study Discourse And Matters Arising / Bible Study For Bible Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by Omosivie1(f): 2:57am On Jan 02, 2013
I totally love this thread!!!! *following*

1 Like

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 4:49am On Jan 02, 2013
Omosivie,:
I totally love this thread!!!! *following*

Thank you so much. You light my spirit. God bless you and others who are enjoying the thread and yet to comment.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
obalola7: God destroyed the earth with water

Genesis 7

Introduction- In our last lesson, we learned about, God's plan to destroy the earth with water, Noah founding grace and its extension to his family, and the plan and design for a saving ark. In today's lesson, we will be learning about how God destroyed the living things on earth with water, except Noah, his family, every male and female animals God instructed Noah to save with him in the ark.

Today's Study

After the ark has been completed, God ask Noah, his family and all the animals to come into the ark, because Noah is righteous in his generation. God instructed Noah to take with him 7 of every clean animals and 2 of unclean animals of the air, water and land. On the seventh day after the instruction God will send rain on the earth for forty days and Night to destroy every living thing on earth. So Noah did as God instructed him. (Genesis 7: 1-5)

On the seven day after Noah enter into the ark with all the animals the rain started. Noah was 600 years when the rain starts. Two months and seven days after Noah's 600 years birthday the fountain and deep water and rain from heaven give lots of water to the earth and Noah, his family and the animals were already in the ark. (Genesis 7: 6-15)

God shut the door of the ark as soon as they went into the ark: male and female of both humans and animals. Then the rain started and the ark started floating. The water covered hills and mountain fifteen fit higher and all living things died, except all that were in the ark with Noah. Then the flood remain on earth for 150 days. (Genesis 7: 16-24)

Reflection

When God pronounce judgement on us as a sinner, no one can save us, but God. As children of God, we should endeavor not to offend God, even though God is slow to anger, his judgements can be devastating and destructive. "31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."(Hebrews 10:31)

Children of God ought not to sin against God. One thing that God hate the more is our sin and our unwillingness to repent. However, if we are doing God's will God is able to make is love in our lives to abound. His mercy is extended to us when we mistakenly sin and repent."18 The Lord is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation."(Numbers 14:18)

The bible make us to understand that:"29 For our God is a consuming fire."( Hebrews 12:29) Yet his loving kindness can not be measured. We should pray at all time to avoid the wrath of God, while we enjoy his continuous mercy, favor and grace. Let us work on our sin's today and pray for God's forgiveness so that we can find God's compassionate love. "12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling"(Philippians 2:12)

Prayer of Forgiveness: Oh lord have mercy on me a sinner, forgive me for all my sin, cleanse sin in my heart and give me a repentant heart. Create in me a new heart that will start doing your will and be willing to repent should i mistakenly fall into sin. Thank you oh lord for you have save me in Jesus Name i pray. Amen

May we continue to live in God hence forth in Jesus Name
have prayed my repentance prayer...thanks dear.

May he sanctify us.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
channel 190: have prayed my repentance prayer...thanks dear.

May he sanctify us.

Amen
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 1:42am On Jan 03, 2013
God Remembered Noah

Genesis 8

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about the destruction of all the living things except for Noah and all that were in the ark he built. In today's lesson we are going to learn about how God remembered Noah and all that were in the ark, the drying of the flood, Noah sacrifice of burnt offering and God's promise for the earth.

Today's Study

After 40 days and nights, God remembered Noah and all that were with him and God made a mighty wind to push off the water from earth. Then the rain, the fountain and all places where water were coming out from were stopped. So all the water were emptied from earth after 150 days and the ark landed upon the mountain of Arafat on the 7th month the 17th day.(Genesis 8:1-5)

When the rained stopped at the end of 40 days and nights, Noah open the window of the ark and sent out a raven and a dove birds, but the dove came back because it has no where to rest. Seven days after the dove returned, Noah sent the dove again and it came back in the evening with an olive leaf that symbolized that the water is drying up. (Genesis 8:6-11)

Seven days after, Noah sent the dove again and it did not returned; then Noah knew that the water had dried up. It was on the 601 year, the 1st month and the 1st day when Noah removed the covering of the ark, that he saw the ground was dry. Then God spoke to Noah to go out from the ark with all that was in the ark with him, so that they may multiply and be fruitful. (Genesis 8:12-19)

Noah then build an altar for God and took all the clean animals to offer sacrifice of burnt offering to the lord. Then God smell a sweet savor; and God promise not to curse the ground anymore for man sake, because the imagination of man is evil and he also promise not to destroy every living things anymore like he did. Then he said as long as the world remain, there shall be season for seeding, harvest, cold, heat, summer, winter, day and night. (Genesis 8:20-22)

Reflection

No matter what we are going through, God knows and he has the best plan for our lives. Sometime, we may think that God has forgotten us, but he does not, he has the master plan and when the time comes, he will perfect it. Noah might have thought like we all do today, that God has forgotten him. But God remembered him and sent the wind to push off the flood. If you are expecting anything from God, have hope, he will bring it to pass. "19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?(Numbers 23:19)May the Almighty send a wind of positive change into our current situation today. Amen

If God has spoken to us and have not materialized, let us wait and continue to pray so that God can remember his promise for us. We might be worried, by trying to send out a dove to check if the water had dried up, but we can do it by praying continually as the bible ask us to do."6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."(Philippians 4:6)

Children of God are advice to make sure they hear from God before making any decision, just as Noah waited until God asked him to come out of the ark. God's time is always the best. When God remembered Noah, he blessed also all that were with Noah by commanding that they should be fruitful and multiply. My prayer today is that, anyone reading this study and waiting for the fruit of the womb, will conceive and multiply as God told Noah, in Jesus Name. "14 Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle."(Deuteronomy 7:14)

When we see God goodness, either by answered prayer, salvation from danger or any other form of success, we should endeavor to show our appreciation to God. Noah offered a burnt offering that symbolized his appreciation for God's kindness; and when God smelled it, he promised never to destroy the earth again with water and not to curse the ground because of man. As children of God, we should always offer our thanks giving, songs of praise and any symbol of gratitude towards God for his goodness on us. "23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God." (Psalms 50:23)

May the almighty remember all of us today and may he help us to offer our sacrifice of thanksgiving and praises always in the mighty name of Jesus. AMEN
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 5:47am On Jan 03, 2013
obalola7: God Remembered Noah

Genesis 8

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about the destruction of all the living things except for Noah and all that were in the ark he built. In today's lesson we are going to learn about how God remembered Noah and all that were in the ark, the drying of the flood, Noah sacrifice of burnt offering and God's promise for the earth.

Today's Study

After 40 days and nights, God remembered Noah and all that were with him and God made a mighty wind to push off the water from earth. Then the rain, the fountain and all places where water were coming out from were stopped. So all the water were emptied from earth after 150 days and the ark landed upon the mountain of Arafat on the 7th month the 17th day.(Genesis 8:1-5)

When the rained stopped at the end of 40 days and nights, Noah open the window of the ark and sent out a raven and a dove birds, but the dove came back because it has no where to rest. Seven days after the dove returned, Noah sent the dove again and it came back in the evening with an olive leaf that symbolized that the water is drying up. (Genesis 8:6-11)

Seven days after, Noah sent the dove again and it did not returned; then Noah knew that the water had dried up. It was on the 601 year, the 1st month and the 1st day when Noah removed the covering of the ark, that he saw the ground was dry. Then God spoke to Noah to go out from the ark with all that was in the ark with him, so that they may multiply and be fruitful. (Genesis 8:12-19)

Noah then build an altar for God and took all the clean animals to offer sacrifice of burnt offering to the lord. Then God smell a sweet savor; and God promise not to curse the ground anymore for man sake, because the imagination of man is evil and he also promise not to destroy every living things anymore like he did. Then he said as long as the world remain, there shall be season for seeding, harvest, cold, heat, summer, winter, day and night. (Genesis 8:20-22)

Reflection

No matter what we are going through, God knows and he has the best plan for our lives. Sometime, we may think that God has forgotten us, but he does not, he has the master plan and when the time comes, he will perfect it. Noah might have thought like we all do today, that God has forgotten him. But God remembered him and sent the wind to push off the flood. If you are expecting anything from God, have hope, he will bring it to pass. "19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?(Numbers 23:19)May the Almighty send a wind of positive change into our current situation today. Amen

If God has spoken to us and have not materialized, let us wait and continue to pray so that God can remember his promise for us. We might be worried, by trying to send out a dove to check if the water had dried up, but we can do it by praying continually as the bible ask us to do."6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."(Philippians 4:6)

Children of God are advice to make sure they hear from God before making any decision, just as Noah waited until God asked him to come out of the ark. God's time is always the best. When God remembered Noah, he blessed also all that were with Noah by commanding that they should be fruitful and multiply. My prayer today is that, anyone reading this study and waiting for the fruit of the womb, will conceive and multiply as God told Noah, in Jesus Name. "14 Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle."(Deuteronomy 7:14)

When we see God goodness, either by answered prayer, salvation from danger or any other form of success, we should endeavor to show our appreciation to God. Noah offered a burnt offering that symbolized his appreciation for God's kindness; and when God smelled it, he promised never to destroy the earth again with water and not to curse the ground because of man. As children of God, we should always offer our thanks giving, songs of praise and any symbol of gratitude towards God for his goodness on us. "23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God." (Psalms 50:23)

May the almighty remember all of us today and may he help us to offer our sacrifice of thanksgiving and praises always in the mighty name of Jesus. AMEN
Amen. May he never let us lack, may he always provide and protect us from the wind of the wicked. My he forgive us and give us his favor.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 6:24am On Jan 03, 2013
wait oooo, so after 7, 7, days of the Dove notifying them of Dry land, God forget or rather remembered them after 160days?
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 7:31am On Jan 03, 2013
channel 190: wait oooo, so after 7, 7, days of the Dove notifying them of Dry land, God forget or rather remembered them after 160days?

No God did not forget them. They had food stuff from the beginning. But the dove was to go and check if the water has dried up. The first time it went there was no tree it could land on, but the second time, there was tree so it did not come back. You know the ark was on mountains of Ararat. However, The water took 150 days to dry up after the rain had finished falling for the 40 days and nights. It was after the 40 days and in between the 150 days that Noah sent out the dove twice. So Noah must have sent out the dove around 130 days or so. So when it was 150 days God ask Noah to come of the ark.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by Omosivie1(f): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2013
Pls i have a question abt d genealogy of Adam, it is written dat Cain bore Enoch nd Enoch bore Irad........ Mathushael bore Lamech. Lamech had two wives: Adah nd Zilah nd they both had children(Genesis 4 vs 17-22) but in chapter 5(d generations of Seth), it is written dat Methuselah bore Lamech nd Lamech bore Noah.(Genesis 5 vs 25-29). So my question is dat is Noah decended frm Cain?
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
Omosivie,:
Pls i have a question abt d genealogy of Adam, it is written dat Cain bore Enoch nd Enoch bore Irad........ Mathushael bore Lamech. Lamech had two wives: Adah nd Zilah nd they both had children(Genesis 4 vs 17-22) but in chapter 5(d generations of Seth), it is written dat Methuselah bore Lamech nd Lamech bore Noah.(Genesis 5 vs 25-29). So my question is dat is Noah decended frm Cain?

No. In (Genesis 5 vs 9 )"9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:" is different from Cain. Also if you go back to Genesis (4: 25 and 26 )"25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. 26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord."

So the Cainan is different from Cain. Cain was Adam's oldest child and Cainan was Enos child. Enos was a child of Seth a child born by Adam after Abel died, so he was Cain's younger brother.

Noah is descendant of Seth
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by Omosivie1(f): 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2013
obalola7:

No. In (Genesis 5 vs 9 )"9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:" is different from Cain. Also if you go back to Genesis (4: 25 and 26 )"25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. 26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord."

So the Cainan is different for Cain. Cain was Adam's oldest child and Cainan was Enos child. Enos was a child of Seth a child born by Adam after Abel died, so he was Cain's younger brother.

Noah is descendant of Seth

Thanks a lot. Keep the fire burning
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
Omosivie,:
Thanks a lot. Keep the fire burning

You are welcome and i will. God bless you
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 1:40am On Jan 04, 2013
God populates the earth

Genesis 9

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God remembered Noah and all that were in the ark, the drying of the flood, Noah sacrifice of burnt offering and God's promise for the earth. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God populate the earth, his covenant for Noah and all that were with him in the ark, The blessing and curse that Noah placed on his children.

Today's Study

God blessed Noah and his family and decreed that they should be fruitful, multiply and replenish the earth. And God put the fear of Noah and his sons in all animals. All living things will be as meet for Noah and his family and the green herb also, but their blood they shall not eat. But who ever kill Noah and his family, be it man or animals will not go unpunished. (Genesis 9:1-5)

Who ever kill man will be killed. Then God told Noah and his sons that he will establish his covenant before them and their descendants. He will also establish his covenant on the animals and no living things will be destroyed by flood anymore. Then God promise a sign that whenever they see the rainbow in the sky, it shall be a sign for remembrance of the covenant he made for them (Genesis 9:6-15)

The children that went into the ark when the rain started were Shem, Japheth and Ham the father of Canaan. Through the 3 sons the world population multiplied and spread. Then Noah started farming and he planted wine in his vineyard and one day he drank wine and was found drunk naked by Ham.(Genesis 9:16-22)

Then Ham the father of Canaan went to tell Shem and Japheth who went with blanket walking backward to cover Noah their father, and they did not see their father unclothedness. Then Noah woke up and found what his younger son did and he cursed Canaan that he will be servant of servant to his brothers. And Noah blessed Shem that he shall be master over Canaan and God shall enlarge Japheth and he shall live in the house that Shem built and Canaan shall be his servant. Then Noah died at age 950.(Genesis 9:23-29)

Reflection

The bible made us to understand that God bless Noah and his children. He also promised them and every other living things that he will not destroy the world with water again and any time there is rainbow in the cloud he will remember his covenanting promise with them. As children of God we should endeavor to keep to our promise. When we promise or make agreement, we should be sure its a promise we can keep and make sure we fulfill them as God fulfills his promise to us in that, whenever their is rainbow, the rain will stop. "37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil."(Matthew 5:37)

It is not doubt that the almighty that created man in his image and other living things can fast track the process of populating the world. But he chose to take his time. Many at times, we expect things as soon as possible or that things should take emergency; but our God that knows all things does take his time. We should endeavor to cultivate the habit of waiting on the lord at all time, especially on his plan for our lives."31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."(Isaiah 40:31)

Christian parents should make sure to pray for their children. When we pray for our children we invoke authority of progress and success on them. That include those children that are not our favorite, we should make sure we pray for God to change them. Also, children of God should make sure we do not frustrate our parents or make them angry to the extent that they will find pleasure to curse us."Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."(Ephesians 6:1-3)

May the spirit of God, teach us his words and help us to apply them to our lives.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 4:25am On Jan 04, 2013
obalola7: God populates the earth

Genesis 9

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God remembered Noah and all that were in the ark, the drying of the flood, Noah sacrifice of burnt offering and God's promise for the earth. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God populate the earth, his covenant for Noah and all that were with him in the ark, The blessing and curse that Noah placed on his children.

Today's Study

God blessed Noah and his family and decreed that they should be fruitful, multiply and replenish the earth. And God put the fear of Noah and his sons in all animals. All living things will be as meet for Noah and his family and the green herb also, but their blood they shall not eat. But who ever kill Noah and his family, be it man or animals will not go unpunished. (Genesis 9:1-5)

Who ever kill man will be killed. Then God told Noah and his sons that he will establish his covenant before them and their descendants. He will also establish his covenant on the animals and no living things will be destroyed by flood anymore. Then God promise a sign that whenever they see the rainbow in the sky, it shall be a sign for remembrance of the covenant he made for them (Genesis 9:6-15)

The children that went into the ark when the rain started were Shem, Japheth and Ham the father of Canaan. Through the 3 sons the world population multiplied and spread. Then Noah started farming and he planted wine in his vineyard and one day he drank wine and was found drunk naked by Ham.(Genesis 9:16-22)

Then Ham the father of Canaan went to tell Shem and Japheth who went with blanket walking backward to cover Noah their father, and they did not see their father unclothedness. Then Noah woke up and found what his younger son did and he cursed Canaan that he will be servant of servant to his brothers. And Noah blessed Shem that he shall be master over Canaan and God shall enlarge Japheth and he shall live in the house that Shem built and Canaan shall be his servant. Then Noah died at age 950.(Genesis 9:23-29)

Reflection

The bible made us to understand that God bless Noah and his children. He also promised them and every other living things that he will not destroy the world with water again and any time there is rainbow in the cloud he will remember his covenanting promise with them. As children of God we should endeavor to keep to our promise. When we promise or make agreement, we should be sure its a promise we can keep and make sure we fulfill them as God fulfills his promise to us in that, whenever their is rainbow, the rain will stop. "37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil."(Matthew 5:37)

It is not doubt that the almighty that created man in his image and other living things can fast track the process of populating the world. But he chose to take his time. Many at times, we expect things as soon as possible or that things should take emergency; but our God that knows all things does take his time. We should endeavor to cultivate the habit of waiting on the lord at all time, especially on his plan for our lives."31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."(Isaiah 40:31)

Christian parents should make sure to pray for their children. When we pray for our children we invoke authority of progress and success on them. That include those children that are not our favorite, we should make sure we pray for God to change them. Also, children of God should make sure we do not frustrate our parents or make them angry to the extent that they will find pleasure to curse us."Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."(Ephesians 6:1-3)

May the spirit of God, teach us his words and help us to apply them to our lives.
may his grace be in abundant. May we never see the unclothedness of our parent like the cursed Ham, we shall always be a beneficial of his blessing. Amen.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 4:25am On Jan 04, 2013
obalola7: God populates the earth

Genesis 9

Today's Study

Reflection

may his grace be in abundant. May we never see the unclothedness of our parent like the cursed Ham, we shall always be a beneficial of his blessing. Amen.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
channel 190: may his grace be in abundant. May we never see the unclothedness of our parent like the cursed Ham, we shall always be a beneficial of his blessing. Amen.

Amen
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:39am On Jan 05, 2013
Noah's Children build cities and re-populate the earth

Genesis 10

Introduction- In our last lesson, we learned about God's covenant for Noah and all that were with him in the ark, how God populate the earth, the blessing and curse that Noah placed on his children. In today's lesson we will be learning on how the children of Noah build cities and repopulate the earth by building cities.

Today's Study

After the flood Noah Sons Shem, Ham and Japheth started populating the world with their children. There families were divided into lands and spoke different languages. Cush the son of Ham was a mighty man on earth and also a mighty hunter before the Lord(Genesis 10:1-10)

The sons of Japheth, Shem and Ham expanded their cities. Then Asshur the son of Cush built Neneveh and many other cities and the sons of Ham also expanded building cities like Canaan. Then the world began to populate and the children of Noah populated the world by building cities and living in them.(Genesis 10:11-32)

Reflection

When God blesses man, it materialized. The blessing of God for Noah and his children started materializing because they took action. The bible made us to understand that they were building cities and expanding their territories. If God have blessed you, take action. Follow his guidance and hold unto the blessing."7 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;"(Genesis 22:17)

My prayer for you is that God will bless today and give us the grace to start something with courage.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
it is a nice thing to involve God in all what we do...as we work each day to own our own city, may he do to us what he did for the children of Noah. Amen. don't stop please. Keep it coming, we will soon get to were my questions will make here interesting.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
channel 190: it is a nice thing to involve God in all what we do...as we work each day to own our own city, may he do to us what he did for the children of Noah. Amen. don't stop please. Keep it coming, we will soon get to were my questions will make here interesting.

Amen. God will help us.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 1:35am On Jan 06, 2013
God disconfounds the language of men

Genesis 11

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how the children of Noah repopulate the earth by building cities. In todays lesson we will be learning about how God dis-confound the language of men, the unity of men and their attempt to build a top building that reaches heaven.

Today's Study

The descendants of Noah have now increased and they all speak in one language. While they were still exploring the earth they found a plain land called Shinar and they live there. Then they thought to build themselves a city and a tall building whose top could reach heaven then God came down and noticed what they were doing.(Genesis 11:1-5)

However, God realized that the people are with one mind, one language and there will be nothing impossible for them to achieve, then God decided to make them speak different languages and when they could not understand each other, they left the building project and wandered to different part of the earth. The placed where God make them speak different languages was called Babel.(Genesis 11:6-10)

Shem the son of Noah live 500 years and had Arphaxad and other children. Then Arphaxad had Salah, Salah to Eber, Eber to Peleg, Paleg to Reu and decant was Terah. Then Terah gave had Abram and Nahor.(Genesis 11:11-28)

Abram married Sarai and Nahor married Milcah the daughter of Haran and the father of Milcah of Iscah. But Sarai had no son because she was barren. Then Terah Abram father took him and his brother with their wives from Ur to the land of Canaan. Then Terah died 205 years at Haran. (Genesis 11:29-23)

Reflection

The bible made us to understand that human beings can achieved impossibilities with one mind and determination. If God created us in his own image and he is God of possibilities then we can surmount mountains, if we believe and work together. There is power in unity."133 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;" (Psalms 133:1-2)Unity brings achievement and help us to activate the possible not only on time, but perfectly. May God give us the spirit of oneness to do things in unison.

In the text, we were made to understand that Sarai had no child, Just had we had in our previous lesson that God does not forget, he has the master plan. There is no doubt that Sarai might be wondering why and Abraham too will be wondering why him, like we all do, when we are pressed with some issues of life. My friend, wait, God has the master plan and in the due time he will address the pressing issue."11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."(Jeremiah 29:11)

May the spirit of unity abides with us.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2013
obalola7: God disconfounds the language of men

Genesis 11

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how the children of Noah repopulate the earth by building cities. In todays lesson we will be learning about how God dis-confound the language of men, the unity of men and their attempt to build a top building that reaches heaven.

Today's Study

The descendants of Noah have now increased and they all speak in one language. While they were still exploring the earth they found a plain land called Shinar and they live there. Then they thought to build themselves a city and a tall building whose top could reach heaven then God came down and noticed what they were doing.(Genesis 11:1-5)

However, God realized that the people are with one mind, one language and there will be nothing impossible for them to achieve, then God decided to make them speak different languages and when they could not understand each other, they left the building project and wandered to different part of the earth. The placed where God make them speak different languages was called Babel.(Genesis 11:6-10)

Shem the son of Noah live 500 years and had Arphaxad and other children. Then Arphaxad had Salah, Salah to Eber, Eber to Peleg, Paleg to Reu and decant was Terah. Then Terah gave had Abram and Nahor.(Genesis 11:11-28)

Abram married Sarai and Nahor married Milcah the daughter of Haran and the father of Milcah of Iscah. But Sarai had no son because she was barren. Then Terah Abram father took him and his brother with their wives from Ur to the land of Canaan. Then Terah died 205 years at Haran. (Genesis 11:29-23)

Reflection

The bible made us to understand that human beings can achieved impossibilities with one mind and determination. If God created us in his own image and he is God of possibilities then we can surmount mountains, if we believe and work together. There is power in unity."133 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;" (Psalms 133:1-2)Unity brings achievement and help us to activate the possible not only on time, but perfectly. May God give us the spirit of oneness to do things in unison.

In the text, we were made to understand that Sarai had no child, Just had we had in our previous lesson that God does not forget, he has the master plan. There is no doubt that Sarai might be wondering why and Abraham too will be wondering why him, like we all do, when we are pressed with some issues of life. My friend, wait, God has the master plan and in the due time he will address the pressing issue."11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."(Jeremiah 29:11)

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2013
obalola7: God disconfounds the language of men

Genesis 11

Today's Study

Reflection

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 10:41am On Jan 06, 2013
1. God came and saw...where was he when they started building?

2. Where is all this people saying Heaven is on earth?
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
channel 190: 1. God came and saw...where was he when they started building?

If we have been following since we started, the bible made us to understand that God comes down in form of God or Angels.
In Adam's time in the garden God will come in the evening to talk to Adam until they ate the forbidden fruit. God has always been a God of free will. He saw them, but never pay attention to what they were doing, until he saw that, if he does not act fast, the people will build to heaven, so he came down to change their language.

channel 190: 2. Where is all this people saying Heaven is on earth?
The people are on earth. Heaven is not on earth. If it was on earth we would have find out by now. If the scientist could visit the moon, they would have probably visit heaven if they could.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
obalola7:

If we have been following since we started, the bible made us to understand that God comes down in form of God or Angels.
In Adam's time in the garden God will come in the evening to talk to Adam until they ate the forbidden fruit. God has always been a God of free will. He saw them, but never pay attention to what they were doing, until he saw that, if he does not act fast, the people will build to heaven, so he came down to change their language.

I know, I wanted us to stress that. So people will see how it was then. And also the category am going to talk about now

obalola7:

The people are on earth. Heaven is not on earth. If it was on earth we would have find out by now. If the scientist could visit the moon, they would have probably visit heaven if they could.
na this Jehova witness people o. They said heaven is on earth. Sms
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
obalola7:

I know, I wanted us to stress that. So people will see how it was then. And also the category am going to talk about now

obalola7:

na this Jehova witness people o. They said heaven is on earth. Sms
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
channel 190: I know, I wanted us to stress that. So people will see how it was then. And also the category am going to talk about now

You see as we continue, you will understand better. For instant, Genesis 19, talk about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Before God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, the bible made us to understand that God: three angels came representing God to Abraham on a sunny afternoon. And when Abraham saw the three angels, he ran to them and welcome them to his house. He made them food and God himself told Abraham what he will do to Sodom. The same thing happens to Lot, Abraham nephew. God is everywhere, but he gives his free will to people and would not interfere. In the Chapter 19, the bible made us to understand that God said he has heard the cry of the sin of the Sodomites and he would go and look at what they were doing. Also, if you go to the time of Jonah which is still far ahead, you will see that God always want to come like he knows nothing. Lets even look at our past lesson.

We learned about God appearing to Adam and Eve after they had eaten the forbidden fruit, he never act like he knew what was going on. He call Adam to ask where he was and Adam told him everything. So he knew when they were eating the fruit and that is the same way, God still work today. You think Jesus does not know that Judas Iscariot will betray him? You would have ask why didn't he destroy him, before he betrayed him, but that is how God operates, creating man in our own image, means, creating people who can do what they want and decide how they want to live their lives.

Also, when Cain killed his brother, God came asking Cain where was his brother, he replied God that he was not his brother's keeper. And God said, he heard the cry of Abel's blood crying from the ground. If God does not know all things, he would have gone to Adam or Eve to ask about Abel, but he knew who to ask. God sees and knows all things. But he is a faithful and a due process Judge, who will like to hear from you first before he pronounces his judgement.

channel 190: na this Jehova witness people o. They said heaven is on earth. Sms

There are many doctrines in the world. However, since word can be interpreted to more than one thing, we can say, heaven on earth also mean: when children of God gather together, and do God's will, worshipping God and love each other with no hatred or malice, then we could say, thats heaven on earth. But the bible made us to understand that we will see God face to Face and we will be with Jesus where he has prepared rooms for us all. It does not appear to me Jesus lives on this earth, if he does, there is no need of him ascending to heaven, three days after he rose again.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
one thing is guaranteed, God lives above all men
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
channel 190: one thing is guaranteed, God lives above all men

Yes he does
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 1:36am On Jan 07, 2013
Abram Left his relatives

Genesis 12

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about the unity of men and their attempt to build a top building that reaches heaven. In today's lesson we will be learning about Abram leaving his relatives, Abram plan to save his life, God plague Pharaoh because of Sarai.

Today's Study

Abram following the instruction of God moved out of from his family and relatives, but departed with is wife sarai and Lot his cousin to a land God will show him. Then God promised him that he will make him to be a great nation, he will be blessed, his name will be great and a blessing. Also anyone that curse him will be curse and whoever, bless him will be blessed. Abram was 75 when he left the land of Haram. (Genesis 12:1-5)

Abram then passed through to Moreh where the Canaanites live. Then God appear to Abram and said his children shall be given the land. Then Abram build God altar there and went forward to the south side where he build a tent. Abram then went to Egypt because there was farming (Genesis 12:6-10)

Then Abram noticing how beautiful Sarai was told Sarai, that if anyone asked about your status she should tell them she was Abram's sister, so that the Egyptians would not kill him. When they got to Egypt the Egyptians princes took Sarai from Abram straight to Pharaoh, because of that, Abram was treated well for Sarai's sake and they gave him lots of live stock animals. (Genesis 12:11-16)

But God strike Pharaoh and his house with plagues because of Sarai.' Then Pharaoh knew that something was wrong and then call Abram asking him why he deceived him that Sarai was his sister . He gave Sarai back to Abram and sent Abram and all that was with him away (Genesis 12:16-20)

Reflection

There is so much blessing in following God blindly. When we put all that we have, including our own understanding to God's hand, we are bound to succeed. We should let God directs our lives and be willing to follow his directives for our lives. "5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."(Proverbs 3:5)

Children of God we should be careful of lies. Our lie or action could make others to sin against God. We should understand that the world is watching us as the light of the world and if we substitute light for darkness then we are not reflecting God in our lives. 16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.( Exodus 20:16)

Its a good thing to be observant. As children of God, sometime we sin and might not even know. However, there are also signs that will prompt us to know that what we are doing is sin and when that happen, its better to stop and make restitution. When Pharaoh knew he was plague as a result of Sarai, he quickly let go. May God give us the heart to let go whatever its hindering our blessing from God."13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."(Proverbs 28:13)

May the spirit of God guide us to rely on his word and protect us from unknown sin.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 3:44am On Jan 07, 2013
amen
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 1:42am On Jan 08, 2013
God's promise to Abram

Genesis 13

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about Abram leaving his relatives, Abram's plan to save his life, how God plague Pharaoh because of Sarai. In todays lesson we will be learning about God's promise for Abram, and the separation of Abram and Lot.

Today's Study

Now God blessed Abraham with so much cattle, silver and gold. He then returned with Lot and all that with him from Egypt to South of Bethel where he had built an altar and tents. Lot also who went with Abraham now has flocks, herd and tents in Bethel. (Genesis 13:1-5)

Abraham and Lot cattles and flocks was so much that the south land of Bethel was too small to contain them with their flocks and there were continuous fight all the time between Abram and Lot's staff. So Abram suggested that they should separate in order to avoid fight. Lot lifting up his eyes saw that the land of Jordan is plain with water and good for his cattle chose Jodan(Genesis 13:6-10)

But Abraham stayed in Canaan while Lot live at plain land of Jordan very close to Sodom. However, the men of Sodom were wicked and sinned against God greatly. After Lot left Abram, God told Abram that he should look to the north, east, south and west; everything he saw, he will give it to him and his children. His children shall be so much like the sand of the earth and their number will be beyond census. Then God ask Abram to walk in the lenght of the land and Abram left Canaan for Hebron in the plain of Mamre and he built altar unto the lord(Genesis 13:11-18)

Reflection

God's blessings can not be hidden. When he blesses you, your friends will see, neighbor will know and outsiders will perceive that there is something good about you. That was the kind of blessing God gave to Abram. Lot his cousin experienced the blessing too. As children of God, we should understand that you do not have to do overtime to experience God's blessing; do your best and live the rest for God."22 The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."(Proverbs 10:22)

Abraham blessing and the extension to Lot was so much that the southern part of the land could not contain them and they knew it when they start seeing that their staff were always fighting. My prayer for you is that God will bless you until you start worrying on how you are going to manage the blessing. "24 And the Lord appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake."(Genesis 26:24)

However, as children of God, we should always note and sense changes around us; especially when we are close to people of God. God will always extend his blessing to people that live or stay closer to men and women of God. It is natural that we exemplify the nature of man, by quarreling and fighting, but we should be willing to live peacefully with all men, especially people of God. Lot could have persuade Abram to come with him or chose a bigger place were they could still be together and then warn his staff to work with Abram's staff. Just like we always do,we are always willing to be independent without first checking from God. Lot left Abram for a better land without asking God will."14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:" (Hebrews 12:14) li

May we never depart from the source of blessing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? / Observing Good Friday Around The World / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.