Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,040 members, 7,810,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? (4186 Views)

7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year / How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by pafegs(m): 9:48am On Apr 10, 2009
I always feel that ny mandate to this generation is to help people become better in their personal and proffessional lives, and blogging seems to be one effective way you to reach people interested in your stuff. And more, it is financially profitable if you know how.
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by grailife(m): 10:20am On Apr 10, 2009
I started blogging cus i like the internet, my first blog is about internet security etc, my second blog is about my faith, catholic catechism
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by mykali(m): 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2009
blogging is like a feeling of freedom
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by bigrovar(m): 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2009
I blog is about how my live mash with Technology. I blog mainly about Free and Open Source Technology and how we can use it to improve our everyday lives using my experiences as a guide. Bloging got me my current job without even applying. But my main motivation is not money but the desire to share knowledge. My Target Audience is anyone who uses technology, and i have had my some of my posts translated to Chinese, Russian, Spanish and some other language idk.  in all i love my blog and bloging is always a favourite past time.  this quote is my motivator
Collecting data is only the first step toward wisdom but sharing data is the first step toward community

Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by BajaGold(m): 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2009
Interesting topic. . .
I've only been blogging for two months. . .
With - http://www.rocnaija.com

Won an award for 'Newbie blogger of the year' at the Naija Bloggers Awards. . .
And I've been fortunate to get loads of positive reviews & feedback. . .

My motivation for starting it was just to tell the story of the life I've lived and the life I'm living,

Plus I been making a bit off google as well. . .

So I can't complain. . .

http://www.rocnaija.com
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 10, 2009
Nice start and contributions to this blog thingie.
@Seun or any other pro. How does blogging pays? I mean how do one generate a steady income from startin a blog, im asking this because frm all classified posts, none has vividly analyse the financial benefit side of blogging.
I hope the an@wer helps others who are not yet tempted to blog.
Thanks all.
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by carlos222(m): 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2009
the google money motivated me cos i have gotten their check for more than 8 times here
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by arogbowei: 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2009
I've really been missing out on the big fun of being heard by others, I thought the forum (Nairaland) was sufficient, but now I've realized I could do even better.

I've got loads and loads of unpublished (stuffs) articles in my library. Will use this to bring them on.

Will catch up with ya!
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by kadman(m): 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2009
I started my blogs in Jan 2008 when Hillary Clinton was gunning for President,and I was trying to support. Started the other one when Donna Summer released her first album in 17 years,and I was promoting it in my little way.
Oh I didn't have facebook then,if not I won't have borthered.
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by Joan4427(f): 5:16pm On Apr 13, 2009
The compound question I want to throw to the bloggers in the house is this:
- What motivated you to start your blog?
- And what's your primary reason forcontinually updating your blog?

For me my motivation came from my job. I am a book publicist and I'm working on promoting an upcoming novel FEDDIE GIRL in the international adventure/thriller category. Novel is about the experiences and adventures of an American teenager that is enrolled in a Nigerian Federal school.

Reason for the blog is to enable readers and fans of the novel get to know the major character personally. The blog is written in the voice and seen through the eyes of this American teenager (Aka Feddie Girl). She communicates directly with her fans and periodically updates interesting bits of information about her personal life and family.
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by invisible2(m): 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2009
I started blogging to express myself primarily, and to educate and entertain people.

I also wanted to gain an online identity.
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by gaylordess(f): 1:20am On Apr 18, 2009
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by NaijaEcash(m): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2009
@gaylordess

Does the link provide the answer to the question? What Motivated You to Start Your Blog?
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by Nidral(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2010
I started blogging on Taciturn Turned Talkative as a way of compensating for my reticent manner. If there is one lesson to be learnt, it is 'that one who doesn't talk much doesn't necessarily have nothing to say'.
Taciturn Turned Talkative is all about me, my thoughts, my experiences and knowledge. I assure you an interesting read.

Udechukwu Nonso Osita
Taciturn Turned Talkative
http://uononso..com
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
Seun:
I started out blogging for adsense, but to succeed as a professional blogger it has to be your primary pre-occupation. You have to be able to project an interesting, likeable personality and write about popular topics, or else you'll need to pick a topic where you're the expert. (That's why I moved to forums; so people can discuss issues they love but I have absolutely no interest in - like Sports)!

Back to the topic: Bloggers in the house, what motivated you to start your blog?
Seun, I like how you keep low profile, but I really want to ask you a question, but I don't know if you will answer me... anyway, I believe there is not harm in trying ... my question goes like this "How much do you make on Nairaland Per Month- Nairaland Targeted Ads ".
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by FroshGirl(m): 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
Learn how to stream ShowBox to your Google Chromecast.
The latest ShowBox update no longer requires MX Player and you may download AllCast to stream videos to the Chromecast. . This tutorial will show you how to stream free HD movies/tv shows from the Show Box app to your TV via Google Chromecast. . Read Full here>>> http://www.showboxmoviesdownload.com/showbox-chromexast/
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by incomeboostng: 9:57am On Nov 04, 2016
One important motivation was and is the 'passion to share good information'. www.incomeboostng.com
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by ericadianas(f): 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
I started blogging to find expression and to inspire others.
Really didn't initially start for the money.
http://www.ericadianas.com
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by Neozy(m): 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
I want to share my views about sports, politics etc and as well make money. www.neozyonline.
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by tck2000(m): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
Thinking of starting
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by successincentiv(m): 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2019
I started blogging because i needed knowledge on internet marketing and online business as a whole.

Through my blog, I have been able to

- know how to write
- Do keyword research
- Affiliate Marketing

Etc.

I have never regretted learning these for once.

However, I will keep on building my skills

www.passionentrepreneurs.com
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by Plomo: 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2021
So, who’s still blogging here?
Re: What Motivated You To Start Your Blog? by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
When I saw someone and a close guy making this daily from adsense I open mouth..

Las las he come teach me the way..I go show others sef free

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Unlimited Web Hosting With Real 100% Uptime + FREE SSL Certificate for Life / 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine / Fraud Alert: Can This Be A Handiwork Of A Nigerian Webmaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.