Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,704 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:04 PM

Banks no longer eager to deploy ATMs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks no longer eager to deploy ATMs (557 Views)

Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Banks no longer eager to deploy ATMs by naja2: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
Please i wish this makes front page so we can have a robust debate on this. I want to know what the advantages of banks not charging 100naira is to the customer in the long run.I noticed during this xmas that a lot of banks just didnt bother to load, or even power there ATMs in some cases. Please can someone explain to me what banks like first bank or ecobank stands to gain if they deploy ATMs in all the nooks and crannies of the country and some banks like enterprise bank or keystone bank dont deploy any at all. After all Customers of the two latter banks can simply just use the ATM of the "generous" banks. Considering the high cost of deploying this machines, the huge cost of maintaining i.e 24hr power and internet supply, dedicated staff for sorting cash and replenishing the machines, dealing with network issues and the rest. Even though i am benefitting by saving a few hundreds of naira on some transactions in a month, but the cost of having to drive
round town just to do a little withdrawal does not seem cost
effective either. Now that banks are not bothered about deploying more ATMs or even maintaining existing ones,do we not feel the pinch more. I think the charges should have been reviewed downwards to say 50naira which will serve as incentive for banks to invest at the same time guarantee reliable services. Please let me know what you guys feel.

(1) (Reply)

Lead And Zinc Ore Suppliers Needed Urgently!! / Emo Group Diary / Can Any1 Here Give Me A Gud Affliate Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.