Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem (3378 Views)

Church Aborts Couple’s Wedding Over Groom’s Refusal To Remove Designer Shoes / Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. / How to differentiate the Spirit Of God from the diabolical spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
wiegraf:

Beautiful bro, now all you need do is show me how atheist scripture justifies killing....

How many times has it been pointed out to you there's no such thing as atheist scripture, hmmm? Last I checked we don't have any books we hold as the infallible word of "no god" in which "no god" performs genocides for mysterious reasons. Come to think about it, theists don't have such a book by default. Some do of course, christians, yes?
My point exactly. There is no atheist scripture, but atheists have killed people because they believe that religion is a poison that must be eradicated. Their belief motivates their murder
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:
My point exactly. There is no atheist scripture, but atheists have killed people because they believe that religion is a poison that must be eradicated. Their belief motivates their murder

Funny that atheist terrorism is non-existent while christian and islamic terrorism are very much alive
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Funny that the most peaceful countries are very secular with a significant amount of atheists
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by wiegraf: 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:

This one is for the ages. Thank you very much. I will make sure to treasure it.

My work is done here I suppose
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2013
wiegraf:

The bolded, genius
I thought atheism was not a religion when last I checked. A person who kills religious people so as to enforce state atheism and wipe out religion - terrorizing and starving them to death - so that they can lose their belief in God is killing to bring about a state of no religion. That is what your Godless brothers namely; Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao and Lenin did. Happy now?
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by wiegraf: 2:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I thought atheism was not a religion when last I checked. A person who kills religious people so as to enforce state atheism and wipe out religion - terrorizing and starving them to death - so that they can lose their belief in God is killing to bring about a state of no religion. That is what your Godless brothers namely; Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao and Lenin did. Happy now?

And they followed atheist doctrine you deluded fanatic, yes?
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:
Funny that the most peaceful countries are very secular with a significant amount of atheists
Funny how most peaceful countries are steeped in a strong Christian historical foundation. Also funny how all atheist states are characterized by heavy religious persecution and mass murder.
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:

It is funny how christians forget the dangers of communism and then force it on atheism.

Muskeeto said it the best. Christians will not lie because of the fear of hell but will lie to defend their religion or to accuse unbelievers
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 2:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
wiegraf:

And they followed atheist doctrine you deluded fanatic, yes?
Did they do it to enforce atheism or not?
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Funny how most peaceful countries are steeped in a strong Christian historical foundation. Also funny how all atheist states are characterized by heavy religious persecution and mass murder.

Explain how Japan has a christian background as one of the peaceful countries.

All atheist states are characterized by mass murder and religious persecution? Christian Germany killing Jews? Christian Europe spreading christianity by slavery and conquest? The bloody beginnings of the USA?

The question remains why the secular countries ecame peaceful when they moved away from their bloody religious history

#Anony destroyed
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Enforce atheism or a totalitarian communist regime?
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:
It is funny how christians forget the dangers of communism and then force it on atheism.

Muskeeto said it the best. Christians will not lie because of the fear of hell but will lie to defend their religion or to accuse unbelievers

Lol, isn't it funny that Venezuela, Vietnam, Laos happen to be a communist states yet you don't find the same atrocities you find in those countries who combined their communism with atheism and killed people with the purpose of trying to make them lose their belief in God?
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Lol, isn't it funny that Venezuela, Vietnam, Laos happen to be a communist states yet you don't find the same atrocities you find in those countries who combined their communism with atheism and killed people with the purpose of trying to make them lose their belief in God?

I have always maintained that you are ignorant of politics. Better remain in your theology/philosophy corner

Communism in Vietman

[size=14pt]Democratic Republic of Vietnam
Further information: North Vietnam
In the early 1950s, the Communist government in North Vietnam launched a land reform program, which, according to Steven Rosefielde, was "aimed at exterminating class enemies."[142] Victims were chosen in an arbitrary manner, following a quota of four to five percent.[143] Torture was used on a wide scale, so much so that by 1954 Ho Chi Minh became concerned, and had it banned.[143] It is estimated that some 50,000[143] to 172,000[142] people perished in the campaigns against wealthy farmers and landowners. Rosefielde discusses much higher estimates that range from 200,000 to 900,000, which includes summary executions of National People's Party members.[142][/size]
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Explain how Japan has a christian background as one of the peaceful countries.
I said "most" learn to read.

All atheist states are characterized by mass murder and religious persecution? Christian Germany killing Jews? Christian Europe spreading christianity by slavery and conquest? The bloody beginnings of the USA?
Really? were they following Christ by killing Jews? If you don't know what it means to be Christian, please stop using the term.

The question remains why the secular countries ecame peaceful when they moved away from their bloody religious history
Yeah, like the Soviet Union and China....very peaceful indeed.

#Anony destroyed
Grow up
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by wiegraf: 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:

No, you clown. They did it to establish power. To enforce their own religion as well, communism or whatever they were selling. Like our dear father and his 9 hole in one miracles.

And you're still trying to dodge the question? Why do you insist on misdirecting. What atheist doctrine guided their actions, hmm?
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

I have always maintained that you are ignorant of politics. Better remain in your theology/philosophy corner

Communism in Vietman

Source please
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
wiegraf:

No, you clown. They did it to establish power. To enforce their own religion as well, communism or whatever they were selling. Like our dear father and his 9 hole in one miracles.

And you're still trying to dodge the question? Why do you insist on misdirecting. What atheist doctrine guided their actions, hmm?
What is atheism if not the rejection of God? These people hoped that by means of terror, they could make their citizens reject God.
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Enforce atheism or a totalitarian communist regime?
Enforce atheism as well as a communist regime.
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Enforce atheism as well as a communist regime.

cheesy
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2013
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I said "most" learn to read.

Really? were they following Christ by killing Jews? If you don't know what it means to be Christian, please stop using the term.

Yeah, like the Soviet Union and China....very peaceful indeed.

Grow up

Hitler believed he was doing Christ's work by killing Jews and he said so himself. Afterall, Christ wanted to move away from old Jewish laws.

Anyways, I see that your points have been debunked. cool
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by wiegraf: 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:
What is atheism if not the rejection of God? These people hoped that by means of terror, they could make their citizens reject God.

Silly deluded fanatic, understand this, the world does not revolve around you or your faith. Your silly dog doesn't exist, but they thought your priests etc had too many sheeple. Their aim was to create their own type of sheeple, your dog just happened to be in the way so they got rid of it. They created another tyrant to achieve their aims, replace your dog with theirs. Mao, pol, kim, whoever. Russia still tries with putin. If hugo chavez had his way as well, luckily he can't. Lenin, stalin, and most importantly, the state or communism. The great motherland is dog, you will sweat for her unquestionably. That pretty much sounds like dogma to me, yes? You make it sound as if satan came down himself and led the charge to 'reject god'. Stop reading those fairy tales.

Btw, I'm still waiting for atheist dogma. Perhaps you could give me theist dogma as well. That would be much appreciated.
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by wiegraf: 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2013
Double post
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Denial
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_under_Communist_regimes#Democratic_Republic_of_Vietnam
Now I am indeed beginning to love this wikipedia of a site.

You said:
Democratic Republic of Vietnam
Further information: North Vietnam
In the early 1950s, the Communist government in North Vietnam launched a land reform program, which, according to Steven Rosefielde, was "aimed at exterminating class enemies."[142] Victims were chosen in an arbitrary manner, following a quota of four to five percent.[143] Torture was used on a wide scale, so much so that by 1954 Ho Chi Minh became concerned, and had it banned.[143] It is estimated that some 50,000[143] to 172,000[142] people perished in the campaigns against wealthy farmers and landowners. Rosefielde discusses much higher estimates that range from 200,000 to 900,000, which includes summary executions of National People's Party members.[142]

Like other states based upon Marxist-Leninist ideology, Vietnam's communists embraced a militantly atheistic stance against religion. At the same time, they were also influenced by anti-colonial and nationalist traditions in Vietnam, including the writings of Phan Boi Chau. During the First Indochina War (1946–1954), despite its doctrinal atheism, the Indochinese Communist Party made efforts at recruiting religious believers to its side. The Catholic minority, while being obviously linked to the French presence, were seen as potential allies rather than ipso facto opponents, provided they could be recruited to the anti-colonial side. Catholic missionaries were condemned in party propaganda, but Vietnamese Catholics were called upon as compatriots to embrace nationalism. Anti-Catholic criticism was thereby focused on French Catholic clerics as a foreign element and avoided doctrinal criticism of the beliefs of the church. In an effort to reach out to Vietnamese Catholics, Ho Chi Minh attended Christmas Mass in 1945 and included Catholics in his cabinet.[1]

In 1954, it was because of the communists' anti-religious stance that Eisenhower's government decided to promote the leadership of a devout Catholic named Ngo Dinh Diem for South Vietnam. It was assumed that he would protect the rights of freedom of religion in South Vietnam, due to his deep faith, but instead he used his power to suppress Buddhism (which was the majority religion of South Vietnam) and promote Catholicism.[2]

When you read through the bolded, you will come across a character called Ho Chi Minh who was a Confucian and would disagree with the militant atheist stance of communism that led to the killing of Catholics. It is also interesting how these Catholics would in turn suppress Buddhists.

The reason why communism was so terrible was because it was atheistic. That is a fact you cannot deny.
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
wiegraf:

Silly deluded fanatic, understand this, the world does not revolve around you or your faith. Your silly dog doesn't exist, but they thought your priests etc had too many sheeple. Their aim was to create their own type of sheeple, your dog just happened to be in the way so they got rid of it. They created another tyrant to achieve their aims, replace your dog with theirs. Mao, pol, kim, whoever. Russia still tries with putin. If hugo chavez had his way as well, luckily he can't. Lenin, stalin, and most importantly, the state or communism. The great motherland is dog, you will sweat for her unquestionably. That pretty much sounds like dogma to me, yes? You make it sound as if satan came down himself and led the charge to 'reject god'. Stop reading those fairy tales.

Btw, I'm still waiting for atheist dogma. Perhaps you could give me theist dogma as well. That would be much appreciated.
I will not dignify your foulmouthed outburst with a response. Go clean your mouth then come back and talk to me.
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Hitler believed he was doing Christ's work by killing Jews and he said so himself. Afterall, Christ wanted to move away from old Jewish laws.

Anyways, I see that your points have been debunked. cool
And so I ask you again; If I go about killing people and saying that logicboy wants me to kill people een when it is clear that you utterly detest my actions. Should we go ahead and conclude that that is what it means to follow logicboy?
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Now I am indeed beginning to love this wikipedia of a site.

You said:

When you read through the bolded, you will come across a character called Ho Chi Minh who was a Confucian and would disagree with the militant atheist stance of communism that led to the killing of Catholics. It is also interesting how these Catholics would in turn suppress Buddhists.

The reason why communism was so terrible was because it was atheistic. That is a fact you cannot deny.

1) So, we should ignore the lie you just said? Were there not the same atrocities in Vietnam as in communist Russia?
Mr_Anony:

2)Ho Chi Minh was an atheist. So I dont know what you are trying with your christian nonsense.
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by wiegraf: 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I will not dignify your foulmouthed outburst with a response. Go clean your mouth then come back and talk to me.

What? You claimed my beliefs, or lack of I'm not sure what your whargarrbl is anymore, would motivate me to murder yet you feel slighted by 'dog'?

You 4king m.oron. Wtf do you think are? A fanatical one at that. $deity damnes stoopid lol
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:
And so I ask you again; If I go about killing people and saying that logicboy wants me to kill people een when it is clear that you utterly detest my actions. Should we go ahead and conclude that that is what it means to follow logicboy?

Christianity is more than the message of Christ. Christ did not talk about many things- slavery, just war theory, self defence.

The bible justifies Hitlers killings with all the genocides that are defended by christians.

There is no scripture by Logicboy or atheism. By the way, my words are very straightforward- even more straightforward than the bible because when I am quoted in full, I dont start claiming that "they took it out of context" or "you need the holy spirit to understand my quotes"
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2013
wiegraf:

What? You claimed my beliefs, or lack of I'm not sure what your whargarrbl is anymore, would motivate me to murder yet you feel slighted by 'dog'?

You 4king m.oron. Wtf do you think are? A fanatical one at that. $deity damnes stoopid lol

They guy called me a Stalin follower, and when I returned the favour by calling him out on his bigotry, he started playing the victim.
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 4:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:
1) So, we should ignore the lie you just said? Were there not the same atrocities in Vietnam as in communist Russia?
An honest mistake from my ignorance of Vietnam but that doesn't change the point I am making which is that the violence against religion was caused by a promotion of atheism......even in Vietnam

2)Ho Chi Minh was an atheist. So I dont know what you are trying with your christian nonsense.
What I have read about him tells me that he was a confucian.
Re: School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem by MrAnony1(m): 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Christianity is more than the message of Christ. Christ did not talk about many things- slavery, just war theory, self defence.

The bible justifies Hitlers killings with all the genocides that are defended by christians.

There is no scripture by Logicboy or atheism. By the way, my words are very straightforward- even more straightforward than the bible because when I am quoted in full, I dont start claiming that "they took it out of context" or "you need the holy spirit to understand my quotes"
We both know that you have no case against Christ. I see no part of following Christ that leads to violence and you have failed to show me one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rewards Of The Christian Life / “ Love Your Neighbour” And Martian’s Antithesis / Reflection/homily: Third (3rd) Sunday Of Lent Year C (march 3 2013)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.