Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. (9189 Views)

How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers / Submitting CV Manually: How To Prepare & Package Your File / Who Else Is Tired Of Job Search In Nigeria,why Not Work In Dubai. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by hienyimba(m): 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
1, Create a vision.
What are you looking for in a job? Take some time to do what I call your
Inner Job Search , until you have a vision of what you want in your
next job. You can make lists, draw pictures or cut photos from
magazines, but think big and make it feel as real as you can.

2, Make a plan.
The best job searches are systematic and focused. Create a plan for
yourself. How much time will you spend on your job search? What websites
will you use? Set some targets and goals for activities and make lists
of people youwant to network with and companies you wantto talk to.
Writing it down will make you feel more control.

3. Update your resume.
Notice this isn't the first thing to do? That's because you need to know
what you want and have a plan before you can create a resume that opens
the doors you want. If you're in thebusiness world, it's probably worth
looking intogetting some professional help, too, which will save you
time and get you a better job faster in the long run.

4. Create a Yolpe profile.
Yolpe is a critical place for you to have a strong presence. imagine
being a job seeker and being lazy about your job search.thats what this
new site Yolpe wants you to do-be lazy.by simply completing a cv profile
page you let recruiters and employers find you with just a click of
their mouse.Set to launch in 2013, i wld recommend you be among the
first there are recruiters are going to be flocking.

5. Set up a filing system.
You'll need a central place to manage a job search, and some kind of
system for saving and filing job postings, and for tracking your
applications. It doesn't matter if it's paper and manila folders or all
on your iPhone, as long asit's easy for you to manage.

6. Do some casual job window shopping.
Give yourself a couple of weeks to just look at all kinds of job
listings on job sites and company sites. Start a file of bookmarks of
jobsthat sound kind of interesting, but don't do anything more than
that. You're just warming up first.

7. Make a resume business card.
A personal card that includes some brief highlights of what you do or
what you're looking for, with your contact information and your photo,
is a great way to cement who you are and what you do in the minds of
people you meet.

8. Reconnect with your references.
People give better references when they're prepared for the call, and
they'll feel better about vouching for you if you reach out to them
before you need them. Now's a great time to send a message on Facebook
or send a holiday card to the people you'll use as references to touch
base and let them know your new year may bring a new job search, too.

There's a lot more to prepare for a job search, but these are easy
things that you can take care of during the down time of the holidays,
so you're primed and ready to find a job fast when you hit the ground
running come January.
And may i add; visit Yolpe.com now to join the revolution

source: blog.yolpe.com

http://work.lifegoesstrong.com/article/eight-ways-prepare-job-search-new-year

1 Like

Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by hienyimba(m): 4:38am On Dec 28, 2012
apart from all these advises as seen on blogs, i wonder if there are still any jobs left in Nigeria
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by mascot87(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2012
cheesy
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by Arsenate(m): 9:18am On Dec 28, 2012
hienyimba: apart from all these advises as seen on blogs, i wonder if there are still any jobs left in Nigeria
stay there and continue to whine while the positive guys grab the jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by k2039: 9:25am On Dec 28, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]With the current situation in Nigeria #8 is very important. [/color]
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by honestivo(m): 9:27am On Dec 28, 2012
I pray der wu b sufficient job com 2013
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Self employment
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by AnitaMandy: 9:34am On Dec 28, 2012
D most important way is to get connected. Use dis x-mas season to meet influencial persons n every other thing will fall in place.

1 Like

Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:36am On Dec 28, 2012
U cannot prepare what what does not exists even if u prepare in 99 ways
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by nenergy(m): 10:02am On Dec 28, 2012
There are jobs, only determined and equipped "seekers" get them. Watch for my best-seller. The Job Seeker's Creed!
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by ignis: 10:25am On Dec 28, 2012
hienyimba: apart from all these advises as seen on blogs, i wonder if there are still any jobs left in Nigeria
There are, but just that the available space is limited.
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by moneyhungry(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2012
Get some guns, get some partners, get a target, draw a plan and....KIDNAP!!!!.

2 Likes

Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by moneyhungry(m): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2012
nenergy: There are jobs, only determined and equipped "seekers" get them. Watch for my best-seller. The Job Seeker's Creed!
u also need to buy that 'BEST-SELLER" for yourself too.... cuz i don't think u got a job yet.

1 Like

Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by emekson(m): 10:39am On Dec 28, 2012
abeggy, dis is just 4d media. Nowadays job nah man-know-man

1 Like

Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by isaanyoha: 10:44am On Dec 28, 2012
You just have to advertise your choose of job on www.demandfinder.com
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 28, 2012
Job search? Call evryone u knw(wit minimum exclusions), tell dem u nid a job, ofcourse u mst av a cv since u left sch(no be naija we dey?), do anyoda thng to stay alive, and hope ur phone rings...
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by An0nimus: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2012
nenergy: There are jobs, only determined and equipped "seekers" get them. Watch for my best-seller. The Job Seeker's Creed!
Is it selling already or still in the works? :/
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 28, 2012
An0nimus:
leave dis guy him go chop ur money, if u like go, my naija, my country.
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 28, 2012
An0nimus:
leave dis guy or him go chop ur money, if u like go, my naija, my country.
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by jamale: 11:20am On Dec 28, 2012
[quote author=money-hungry ]Get some guns, get some partners, get a target, draw a plan and....KIDNAP!!!!.
[u are a big fool,is everything a joke 2 u?na u we go first kidnap.]
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by nenergy(m): 11:42am On Dec 28, 2012
An0nimus:

Book is finished. Proof-reading and publishing plans in progress. Please like the facebook page to get update. My job search lasted an amazing 9 months, but i now work with MTN Nigeria!
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by nenergy(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2012
Pyrrho:
leave dis guy him go chop ur money, if u like go, my naija, my country.

Very immature comment. Have i "chop" your money before? Typical of your kind- quick to judge, slow to act sad
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by gbokukueba(m): 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
@ Poster, where is LinkedIn in all of these?
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by jadajada: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
gbokukueba: @ Poster, where is LinkedIn in all of these?
nt dat effective in 9ja. Man know man works betta.
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nice one.
Re: Eight Ways To Prepare For A Job Search In The New Year. by Revolva(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
Story look in nigeria if you don't know anybody in higher grounds or a reccomendation keep dreaming -- na hungry oo better make connections first it saves time.
Na man no man be naija o , even your masters no sure you at all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Registered Uber Or Taxify Driver Needed (car Is Available) / See What This Slayqueen Was Caught doing In A Bank That Got People Talking(photo / My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.