Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert (23914 Views)

D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela / D'banj Koko Concert To Be Hosted By Idris Elba. / Cabo Snoop Live In Lagos for the Koko Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by adelaja70(m): 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
Onegai: It was a flop. My family attended with friends, they're swearing never to do it again.
Did he beg them in the first place?...So,cause your family trek means the na concert na flop?....
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by buchibabe: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
grin koko crusade
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
Dbanj killed it, no doubt. Let the haters hate... Kokomaster all the way. badoski!! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by nollywood20: 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
Funny Nigerians.
The good, the bad and the ugly. grin
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by meekas(m): 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
cameronese:

My brother, you cant judge from pictures showing people on front seat -- the show was a huge flop considering the amount of pub.

please try to search for the video online, by then you'd understand people's frustration
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
shy-mmex:
@Safarigirl

How's your opinion relevant??

And who cares about P-Square and EME??

You Nigerians make me sick with your innate hatred - the guy brought superstars to your shytehole of a country, yet you stay hating on him... Get a freaking life...

PSquare and EME would have done the same thing if they had the star-power - GTFOH with your bitterness and enjoy the pics...

shocked you mean naija na shytehole? Don't forget Peckham is a mini naija o and your single grin mummy still leaves there.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by omiobo: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
While Dbanj is at the comfort zone of his house counting his gains,haters are online running their mouth. O ma se o!
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
That fat guy still de do follow follow shocked
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by RedLight1: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
Tusky44:

shocked you mean naija na shytehole? Don't forget Peckham is a mini naija o and your single grin mummy still leaves there.
i dont think its the real shymexx ... this one registered today... real shymmex cant be that daft and stuppidd
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by adaptor4all: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
shy-mmex:

Everyone knows naija is a massive shytehole...

I still don't know anyone who has visited Naija and come back with any good news about the country...

Be proud of Dbanj, end of...
Easy man..u sound like who's afraid f poverty n may never c d lite..Don't generalise pls..though I knw u'r nt sensible enof 2 listen
Meanwyl,whr r u frm..perhaps Heaven..cos dats d only place i respect wt all my life..if not,den 4eva hold ur peace..u've js got me offended..won't 4get ur name in a hurry..of course,as a registered idiot..slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by deenee: 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
I was there. The show was a flop....PERIOD!. There was a lot of hype and no substance to back the hype up. I attended the Hurricane Sandy concert on 12-12-12 headlined by Kanye West and his performance wasn't at par. He came out and admitted this and promised to raise the bar.

A lot people are not speaking because they hate Dbanj but dude needs to step up his game. After "Oliver Twist"....which other hit/club banger has he churned out.

People keep saying that he has made money but in the entertainment.....continuity and sustainability is the key word. If you doubt me ask the duo that sang Danfo Driver......Daddy Showkey etc

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by airmark(m): 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
safarigirl: All of you no go the place where they. Said it flopped, it's to come here for pictures.

It was a flop, but it sold tickets, the organisationwas disapponting, the performances were even worse, people were standing instead of sitting cos he sold more tickets than there was space for, people trekked a distance of 1 hour and were exhausted when they got home

There are even reports of concert-goers being beaten and man-handled by the touts the king of all touts hired in the name of bodyguards.

Your koko master reportedly asked the regular and vip attendees to apologise to those at the table because 'na dem dey pay am'

And instead of the blinded, bigoted oafs to for once accept that their con-artist idol still flopped despite all the international acts he had to bring just so people can come, they're still supporting his lack of proper planning.

P-square didn't have to bring Big Sean or Tinie Tempah to sell out, EME didn't have to cross the border to hold a sterling show, but Koko master foreign acts and all still had woeful reviews, na wa. #D'banj HATER

I watched the show live online and there was never a time dbanj asked those regular attendees to apologise to vvip. It's a fiction borne out of jealousy and hatred for the brand- dbanj. Dbanj knew that the organisation was below par and had to apologise personally to them. The concert really was average in organisation because of the distance peeps trekked to the venue. Also the concert started behind schedule. All these really took toll on the fun seekers even before the show started.

Red-Light:
i always wonder what is the major problem with all these 2nd class citizen working as slaves in another country really is .... he is probably another gaynian angry

So every nigerian abroad working are slaves? You are so daft.

deenee: I was there. The show was a flop....PERIOD!.

I'm very sure you were nt there. You are a known-dbanj-hater. Who performed last before dbanj rounded off the show?
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by RedLight1: 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
airmark:

So every nigerian abroad working are slaves? You are so daft.
u are a f00l of the highest order ... Was i talkin to u ... or did i generalize my post? .. are u working as slave?
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by deenee: 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
@ airmark........I don't need to prove anything to you. I still stick to my statement. I was one of those that trekked so you can imagine how frustrating it was after all the media hype and publicity.......

We like to celebrate mediocrity in all that we do. I wish Dbanj the very best but his current hype should be backed up by action.

Let me ask you...how many of his new hits enjoy air play? We need to be fair in our appraisal. It is only in Nigeria that we praise and worship our entertainers even when it is apparent that standards are dropping.

Let me ask you..do you think Mr Kokomaster can put together such a dismal concert in NYC, London etc and get away with it. The answer is a big "NO". People will surely ask for a refund. He is top of his game supposedly but he needs to wake up.

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by RedLight1: 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
^^
then why dnt u just answer his question if u are truly at d concert

Who performed
last before dbanj rounded
off the show?
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by alaoeri: 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
deenee: @ airmark........I don't need to prove anything to you. I still stick to my statement. I was one of those that trekked so you can imagine how frustrating it was after all the media hype and publicity.......

We like to celebrate mediocrity in all that we do. I wish Dbanj the very best but his current hype should be backed up by action.

Let me ask you...how many of his new hits enjoy air play? We need to be fair in our appraisal. It is only in Nigeria that we praise and worship our entertainers even when it is apparent that standards are dropping.

Let me ask you..do you think Mr Kokomaster can put together such a dismal concert in NYC, London etc and get away with it. The answer is a big "NO". People will surely ask for a refund. He is top of his game supposedly but he needs to wake up.

I agree with u Dbanj doesn't have any hit right now despite that why did fans still troop to his show? U said u attended the concert knowing fully well Dbanj doesn't have any hit what your mission there? Let me tell u something there's is a thing about Dbanj u don't know he's not the best lyrically, vocally yet still makes a huge sell more than the best. Those condemning Oyato still go to the concert to listen to it and if the same guy organises another concert those condemning 'll still attend, one thing is working for him God blessing, forget all the analysis & grammar pray to God to bless your hustling.
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by airmark(m): 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
Red-Light:

u are a f00l of the highest order ... Was i talkin to u ... or did i generalize my post? .. are u working as slave?

Aint working as a slave. Gat ma own ish, don't go there. Concerning your comment, it means you failed to effectively communicate what you conceived. Also you dont need to call peeps, slaves, when this is a faceless online forum. Only dumbass does that.

Red-Light:
^^
then why dnt u just answer his question if u are truly at d concert

Trust me, he would nt answer. Coz he was nt there.
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by RedLight1: 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
^^
then may be u should go thru his post first b4 jumping unto mine.. Trust me only baboons judge like that
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
Red-Light:
i dont think its the real shymexx ... this one registered today... real shymmex cant be that daft and stuppidd

True but the real Shymmexx or whatever his dodgy name is has been exposed once. He is Bittyend too. Anyway its all fun to be wild under the cover of anonymity
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by deenee: 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
Apparently, I have wasted my time on this thread. Just for the record,I left before the end because as I rightly indicated I was amongst those who trekked and was really pissed off after witnessing for 45mins a total lack of organization called KoKo Concert!

More so, I got friends that stayed till the end and all I need do is put a call through to them to answer your question but as I have mentioned, I have nothing to prove to you (I am not one of those that come on a public domain for cheap publicity) ...the show is a FLOP....period! The success of a concert is not determined by ticket sales alone....a good marketing plan and aggressive awareness can earn you that. It is also not determined by the array of stars headlined (Apparently, I fell for the two above referenced). It goes way beyond that!

Look at the Breezy concert....and look at Dbanj. I mean people trekked, show didn't start on time, the main host (Idris Elba) only appeared like twice, the entry and exit of the array of stars was not properly executed and yet you still give accolades?

If you have attended concerts abroad, you will appreciate the intended message herein. Or better still go to Youtube....search for "Kanye West Cochella" "Beyonce Glastonbury" or "Watch the throne concert", watch and maybe you will understand better.
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by alarm4: 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
Has Pusha T left his half brother-no malice......the half of clipse boyz....this guyz ve been in games since 90s
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 29, 2012
e be like say dbanj pack the whole pple wey him know since hin start show biz put for stage.
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Monzuur(m): 1:24am On Dec 29, 2012
REALITY101: It looks like someone was taking the pictures from satellite! And the place look like my grandmas kitchen

Btw first time I'm being 4th to comment! Drinking lime-margarita
.........2face na Baba

Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by airmark(m): 1:30am On Dec 29, 2012
deenee: Apparently, I have wasted my time on this thread. Just for the record,I left before the end because as I rightly indicated I was amongst those who trekked and was really pissed off after witnessing for 45mins a total lack of organization called KoKo Concert!

More so, I got friends that stayed till the end and all I need do is put a call through to them to answer your question but as I have mentioned, I have nothing to prove to you (I am not one of those that come on a public domain for cheap publicity) ...the show is a FLOP....period! The success of a concert is not determined by ticket sales alone....a good marketing plan and aggressive awareness can earn you that. It is also not determined by the array of stars headlined (Apparently, I fell for the two above referenced). It goes way beyond that!

If after callin dbanj all sorts of names on nairaland and you still paid and went to his concert, then you need to get ya head checked. Knowing-full well that dbanj is wack as you claimed few weeks ago, he served you well.
deenee: Very soon, Mr "I am Dbanj" will release an album consisting of only animal sounds and we will all say it is a "club banger". We love to worship and celebrate mediocrity in all that we do. No wonder we have not made any considerable progress as a collective entity and country. The single is not in my opinion worthy of a "mixtape status".

Red-Light:
^^
then may be u should go thru his post first b4 jumping unto mine.. Trust me only baboons judge like that

I dont need to go thru nada. He called nigeria a shytehole, and you called him mor.on and slave. Are you Mr. Nigeria? Our leaders made it a shytehole, not you. Even on the show, one of the foreign artistes, Big sean said his luggage got lost in nigeria.
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 29, 2012
Tusky44:

True but the real Shymmexx or whatever his dodgy name is has been exposed once. He is Bittyend too. Anyway its all fun to be wild under the cover of anonymity

Wild under anonymity like I'm not wild under my handle... How about get my nuts out of your mouth, pillock?? I don't even have your time right now and I also don't have time for the other handle and bittyend handle - I'm bored of the nonsense!!

Eat a fat dyck and tusk it in your mouth like your handle implies, you protruding teeth having plonker!
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by deenee: 7:54am On Dec 29, 2012
@airmark.......Well.....this will be my last post on this matter. I will like to indicate certain things though. You can't force people to see things from your own perspective, you can only present your case logically and hope that they reason with you. Secondly, please learn to treat issues as they come up in isolation. I don't know why you are so obsessed with this "Nigeria is a shythole" phrase. I could be wrong but you come across as one of stranded lot outside doing all sort of menial jobs to eke out a living. Try and come back home like some of us do. Trust me there are opportunities abound in this country ( you are also quick to attack a harmless poster who made a simple comment along this line)

Also learn to read people's comments before posting. Replying to people's comments without reading and understanding the content herein just makes a huge mockery of your IQ

Still on Dbanj....yes I criticize him not out of hate but because I believe he can do better that what he is doing now esp with the resources and connections. Let's be sincere you don't need a good music deal or collabo to churn out below average songs like "cashflow oyato and bachelor". In my own opinion. He is "over promising and delivery is below expectation" I have attended his shows in the Mohit days and now this...no doubt he is making money but only time will tell, let me say this again...you can only make so much noise in the music industry. However, it is the quality of songs that you churn out that will determine your longevity and quite frankly he is churning out mediocre songs now

Yes.......I paid and went for the concert. I mean who wouldn't with Tinie Tempah, Idris Elba, Pusha T, BIG Sean Ice Prince and other stars on parade I thought it would be worth it but I guess I made a wrong call!

Finally, you really have ample time on your hands going through people's profile to dig out posts....Well go through mine again dig deeper and you will see that "Shoe get Size"

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by safarigirl(f): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2012
alaoeri:
I agree with u Dbanj doesn't have any hit right now despite that why did fans still troop to his show? U said u attended the concert knowing fully well Dbanj doesn't have any hit what your mission there? Let me tell u something there's is a thing about Dbanj u don't know he's not the best lyrically, vocally yet still makes a huge sell more than the best. Those condemning Oyato still go to the concert to listen to it and if the same guy organises another concert those condemning 'll still attend, one thing is working for him God blessing, forget all the analysis & grammar pray to God to bless your hustling.
you must be in lala land if you think people came for D'banj, when Idris Elba was hosting and Tinie Tempah was performing, only a quarter of the guests remained as at D'banj's performance.

It was the foreign acts that people came to see, why can't these Koko monsters use their brains for once, istead of bbeing myopic?
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 29, 2012
shymexx:

Wild under anonymity like I'm not wild under my handle... How about get my nuts out of your mouth, pillock?? I don't even have your time right now and I also don't have time for the other handle and bittyend handle - I'm bored of the nonsense!!

Eat a fat dyck and tusk it in your mouth like your handle implies, you protruding teeth having plonker!

Aww don't be too sad shymexx. Just cos i know the chav who used your single grin mummy to have you in Peckham shouldn't make me your enemy.
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Exclibur(m): 9:14am On Dec 29, 2012
D'Banj didn't invite Tonto Dikeh to perform? grin
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 29, 2012
Exc@libur:
D'Banj didn't invite Tonto Dikeh to perform? grin

Why would he? Tonto Dike is a first-year undergraduate, while DBanj is a PHD holder in d music industry.
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by razznaija(f): 10:01am On Dec 29, 2012
You all are saying that this was a flop, but you all will be the main people rushing to buy tickets to attend the show next year.
Re: Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert by Rocktation(f): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2012
That the show was bad this year, shouldn't be an indication that more shows in the future will be the same. Stop trying to kill people's careers, people...or how again, do they say that?cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. / Wizkid Turns Rapper On Master Kraft New Song Tagged "Yapa" Ft Reekadobank & Cdq / Benson Boone – Beautiful Things Mp3 Download, Video & Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.