Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,249 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Driving With Or Without Shoes - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving With Or Without Shoes (12770 Views)

Does Driving With The AC On Actually Use More Fuel? / Driving With Or Without Shoes / Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by An0nimus: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
Shaw007: It actually depends on the type of shoes I'm wearIng .. .If i'm wearing corprate shoes or footwears with Laces that wont go off easy,drive with shoes,

but if I'm wearing slippers or maybe even sandals,subconsciously it'LL be bare-foot on d pedals,without me actuaLLy fully knowing. . .

And i beLIeve,generally it kinda depends on d type of shoes ur wearing!
spoke my mind.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by An0nimus: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2012
Shaw007: It actually depends on the type of shoes I'm wearIng .. .If i'm wearing corprate shoes or footwears with Laces that wont go off easy,drive with shoes,

but if I'm wearing slippers or maybe even sandals,subconsciously it'LL be bare-foot on d pedals,without me actuaLLy fully knowing. . .

And i beLIeve,generally it kinda depends on d type of shoes ur wearing!
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by vislabraye(m): 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
I can drive with or without shoe equally well. But I'm always careful when driving with palm slippers

There was an instance I was driving with my palm slippers. I removed it and drove with my bare feet. Something almost tragic happened: the palm slippers went behind the brake pedal.
When I wanted to match the brake, the slippers prevented it from going down. I was quite fast and a car was ahead of me. I had to swerve. Luckily for me the brake worked before any collision.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by surveyProf(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
vislabraye: I can drive with or without shoe equally well. But I'm always careful when driving with palm slippers

There was an instance I was driving with my palm slippers. I removed it and drove with my bare feet. Something almost tragic happened: the palm slippers went behind the brake pedal.
When I wanted to match the brake, the slippers prevented it from going down. I was quite fast and a car was ahead of me. I had to swerve. Luckily for me the brake worked before any collision.

This is terriable!
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by abiL(f): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
I can never drive without shoes, done it once (never again) and it felt really weird.

I even drive with me heels on, only if I'm not driving anywhere too far though.

Plus I've got boot-slippers to wear for long distance driving.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
i don't drive with my shoes, i actually drive my shoes to work, i wish to buy car soon grin.

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by BabaEto1: 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
I learned driving without my shoes on n got used to it until I lost my wedding ring in d process of putin off d shoe before driving and this taught me a lesson so I started wearing my shoes when driving. I got used to within a day. Its good for one to learn driving a car with d shoes on so that there won't be d hassle of tryin to put on and put off d shoes after and before driving.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by akorlade(m): 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
Am two weeks into driving couldn't do it with my shoes on. Thank God I adapted pretty quick. It aint that hard afterall.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by sego1988(m): 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2012
I feel more comfortable driving without shoes...
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by oluite(f): 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
I can't remember ever driving without shoes.I always drive with my shoes.The first time I thought of driving without shoes,I had on heels and no other shoes around but the cold feel of my bare feet quickly changed my mind,was so cold and uncomfortable.I hated it and drove with the heels.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by jmoore(m): 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
goldfish80: Any guy that puts off his shoes b4 driving,has strong gay tendency #imho#
you escaped from which rehab center?

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by wiseman2011(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
Driving with my shoes on is must for me. I am perfectly good in that act. And it works for me well.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by tolukatey(f): 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
I drive shoeless or wt dunlop on buh prefer it wt bare foot
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by austinebode: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
I am very comfortable with or without shoe
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
aieromon: After friends laughed at me for lacing and unlacing my shoes before driving, I had no other choice than to adapt.

I can only imagine!
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by skyfall: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2012
It's more common with women & it's to have a better feel of the pedals. But it's not ergonomic as it strains the wrong muscles and bones of the feet.

I did it briefly while I was learning driving with a manual trans. Volkswagen beetle many many years ago.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by SisiKill1: 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2012
masterpiecer: All the ladies driving with bare feet obviously do not drive long distance, cos if you do, ur foot will hurt and burn after too much friction.

Ah! So men have special padding on their own feet that's why they don't feel the friction? I had no idea.

You learn something new everyday I tells ya

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by abiL(f): 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Ah! So men have special padding on their own feet that's why they don't feel the friction? I had no idea.

You learn something new everyday I tells ya

Hahahahaha cheesy grin
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by sycamore(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
I actually feel more comfortable driving bare footed, I wear shoes to drive, only if they're sports shoes, and avoid driving with my corporate shoes cos it chops the right heel rather fast.

PS: I've. Actually driven from lagos to Abuja barefooted.. But paid dearly for it after some days
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by pekelepekele(m): 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
Always drive without your shoes on . Most people that hit people's bumper in the traffic are the ones driving with their shoes on. When you are driving without shoes it will give you full control of your pedals and you can easily feel how much you have step on the pedals.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
I prefer driving without my shoes.i feel more comfortable driving without so i can easily step on the clutch and break on time.the shoe will be inhibiting me especially on lagos roads where mad driving is now becoming normal
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by henrysam(m): 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] I drive with my shoe on but just of recent I found out the hill of all my right leg shoes are bent. I looking towards another option that will not affect my shoes.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by greggng: 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
my brother am happy you brought out this topic . i thought is only me that does it. one day i was driving along agege when a crazy motorist hit my car from behind. when i came out to inspect my car the entire people around starts laughing. i was embarrassed cos but i was later told i had no shoes on me...the next day i started using my shoes. Today i can drive with or without shoe.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by yuzedo: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
Omo, dunno if it's my foot-mat, but every time i drive with shoes on i scruff the heels of my shoes badly, so i remove my shoes every time i get behind the wheels... cry
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by kalufelix(m): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2012
ah need nat to remove ma shoes when am in the air....
Ah fly ma private jet wit ma shoes on....
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
I drive with shoes on, I don't feel comfortable driving without shoes on.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by hackbros(m): 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2012
4 me I drive............the haul,out of my rum witout her shoes on,while I drive my babe{car} around town with my shoes on!!!
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by leonshom(m): 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
I do make use of both methods !
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by P4VS20: 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
in naija, i drove without shoes on. where i am now, -20 degrees, them no born u well drive without shoes. lol
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by jeok(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
While taking driving lessons,I usually take them off but I remember a time when I totally forgot and hit the road wearing flip flops,on the very moment I remembered,you all needed to see how I instantaneously flinged the flip flop out of my feet!...lol...like it was HOT,molten metal!...trying to get used to wearing shoes now;its better that way
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Freiburger(m): 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
I once tried it, but i can tell you it is not something i'll attempt next time. The shoes even help in applying more force to the pedals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Challenges Of Vehicle Maintenance - There Are More To Engine Oil Than Sae20w-50 / How to Ruin a Car (photo). / How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.