Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Driving With Or Without Shoes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving With Or Without Shoes (12793 Views)

Does Driving With The AC On Actually Use More Fuel? / Driving With Or Without Shoes / Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by richfaxy: 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
It depends, i drive with shoes when am wearing sneakers or simple shoes, but pull off my shoes wen am wearing corporate shoes

Can forget the day i forgot my palm slippers by the road side. i was waiting for someone and on his return, i just
removed my legs from the slippers to pedal and zoomed off, by the time i realized it, the new owner of the slippers
had taken it before i could negotiate the next u-turn.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2012
chyket: I use to drive with my shoes on but it spoils the back of my right shoe so I stopped

Your shoes are replaceable. Your feet aren't.

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by eaglechild: 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
Siena:

Your shoes are replaceable. Your feet aren't.
Lol That's true, but i wouldnt want to crease a new pair of Italian shoes the first time i'm wearing them.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
Without shoes....I wear heels alot and driving with them is out of question. Even when I wear flats, I still drive bare foot, I just luv the feel of the pedals n also it gives me that feeling of direct control of the pedals.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Newcrescent(m): 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
With or without shoes on, I love driving.

I started off without shoes, then later with shoes on and it's pretty interesting 'cos the type of shoe determines how u press the accelerator e.g. with utility boots you'll probably press gentler 'cos pressing harder due to the boots will kind of make the car jerk forward. I guess in that situation, somebody not too experience will have to drive with shoe/boot off.

Driving with office shoe will cause wrinkles and may deform the shoe. That is the essence of removing shoes while driving. If you can't do without shoe, then get a pair of slippers (I gat one in the car).
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by zikclassiq(m): 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
I prefer driving without shoes bcoz it gives me better, firm and more comfortable grip on the throotle, brk n acelerator. Bt i can manage with shoes wen drivin an automatic car.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by babestella: 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sometimes, I do drive with my shoes on. Bur there are shoes meant for driving anyway.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by hardbody: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
I drive in long traffic going to and returning from the office, so I pull my shoes and drive with slip on. However, if I anticipate a stoppage on the drive, like I have to enter ikoyi club or something to that effect, I leave my shoes on. Essentially either way, I can drive, but I had long realized that it affects the right hand side of your shoe bottom
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by alleviate2002us(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2012
@Topic, Lovely insight...

Am so used to driving with my footwears on. When i wz much younger, i did drive a couple of times with my Timberland boots.

Thou av tried driving with my bare foot but that day i wz on boxers and cuz of the emergency i'd turned the engin over before i realized i was bare footed.

I suscribe 2putting a footwear on while driving...in addition to the safety implications but because i am very comfy with it
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by hoomogh(m): 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2012
I can drive with or without shoes. I feel more comfortable driving without shoes on due 2 naija factor(long hours traffic). Moreso, shoes with soft soles are nt suitable 2 drive with.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by masterpiecer(m): 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2012
i drive with safety boots on mostly at work
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
i prefer to drive with shoes of course.
but there have been times where i've worn pumps or flip flops
and wasn't very comfortable in them so i'd kick them off and drive barefoot.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
Seun: Driving with shoes on must be much harder for women, because women's shoes are far less comfortable than men's shoes.

spot on.
i used to keep a pair of kicks in my trunk sometimes to put on when i'd wear boots/flip flops grin and if i didn't feel like putting them on, the i'd go barefoot (it wasn't often though).
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by dayokanu(m): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
I dont like driving without shoes cos I dont like the feel on the pedals on my feet
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by masterpiecer(m): 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
*Kails*:
i prefer to drive with shoes of course.
but there have been times where i've worn pumps or flip flops
and wasn't very comfortable in them so i'd kick them off and drive barefoot.

y do women have odd driving habits?, i have also notice dat most women drive without fastening their seat belts
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
I always drive with shoes on. I usually do not feel comfortable driving on heels so I carry along a pair of flip-flops to drive with and then change afterwards. I hate hate hate the feel of the pedals on my feet...
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
I drive with bathroom slippers. I dislike driving with shoes or palms sandals. It gives me full control of the pedals to the minutest feeling. I cant drive bare feet.

Formula 1 racer.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by eddy18(f): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
I drive without shoes. Driving with shoes makes me feel like i'm loosing grip of the pedals and control.

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by masterpiecer(m): 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
All the ladies driving with bare feet obviously do not drive long distance, cos if you do, ur foot will hurt and burn after too much friction.

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by sambos994(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2012
Both, depends on how i feel.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Exponental(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2012
It all depends on how one learnt how to drive.....
I can drive without shoes but it's a big inconvenience, so I rather use a dunlop slippers than my feet.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by sambos994(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2012
Both, depends on how i feel like driving.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by ireneidiva(f): 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
i drive without shoes.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
For the 'dunlop fans', it isn't safe driving in them.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by femi4: 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2012
Both, but when I want to do some dangerous Lagos driving, I prefer to do it without shoe
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by eddy18(f): 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
masterpiecer: All the ladies driving with bare feet obviously do not drive long distance, cos if you do, ur foot will hurt and burn after too much friction.

Well it depends on what distance is to you, i've done 8 hours without shoes...just last friday.

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
Shoes ON
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Rastamann: 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
without shoes
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by tomzman: 5:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
I drive mostly with shoes on.I think it is advisable for starters to drive without shoes for ease of control and then as time goes on learn to drive with shoes on.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
Me, i always drive with shoes on(be it palm, flip flop, boot, anything). I can also drive without shoes but in d last five years, i can't remember driving without shoes. I use a manual transmission though.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
trae_z: haha, when you're first learning you'd want to feel the raw impact and would prefer driving without shoes; but when your hand don strong you wouldn't mind either with or without. Enjoy!
I drove without shoes when I was a learner, but after about 6months, I started driving with shoes on including Timberland boots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO / 5 Annoying Things Nigerian Drivers Do With Their Car Horn / See How To Debadge A Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Or Any Car Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.