Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,455 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) (5135 Views)

Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria? / How To Start An Sms Short Code Business / How To Start An Home Based Import Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
I have been seeing a lot of people on Nairaland asking for information on starting an online business and making money online in Nigeria. Well, I have created this thread to discuss online business in Nigeria and also teach the newbies. I am an experienced online business consultant and I will give you all the info for free.

Ask your questions and lets keep the thread lively.

1 Like

Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by kaybest1: 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
thanks for the kind gesture, how do i start
actually am interested in this kind of biz
scare whhen it go to issue of paypal credit card i got confused
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
Well Kaybest, Paypal don't accept Nigerians again due to the fact that Nigerians are involved with scam always. Anyway, let me know the particular online business you're interested in and I will tell you how to start.

The most profitable online businesses are:

Blogging (Google Adsense)

Affiliate Marketing

Information Marketing

Fiverr

etc
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by udemzyudex(m): 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
TheJames: Well Kaybest, Paypal don't accept Nigerians again due to the fact that Nigerians are involved with scam always. Anyway, let me know the particular online business you're interested in and I will tell you how to start.

The most profitable online businesses are:

Blogging (Google Adsense)

Affiliate Marketing

Information Marketing

Fiverr

etc
Thanks for opening this thread...
I'll like to go into blogging,i av created a blog but my problem is making my blog to appear in google search engine..
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by maxibrainz: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
I wud like to start fiver but i dont know wot to market there and how do i withdraw the money i get from fiverr because i learnt u paid tru paypal and dis paypal stuff opening and managing it so it wont get frozen or blocked how do i go about that, lastly how do i make my blog to qualify for adsense my blog contain mostly browsing cheat and phone tutorials i get 100-400 visits everyday wot do i do.tanx
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
udemzy_udex:
Thanks for opening this thread...
I'll like to go into blogging,i av created a blog but my problem is making my blog to appear in google search engine..

It is very easy. Just follow the steps below:

- Always post on your blog daily. At least 2 posts a day.

- Whenever you post, bookmark your post using some social bookmarking sites like Reddit.com, Digg.com, Dropjack.com and Bibsonomy.org. That will enhance your SEO.

- Do basic Search engine optimization (SEO) and link building for your blog.

Try all these first, I will come back with more tips for you.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
maxibrainz: I wud like to start fiver but i dont know wot to market there and how do i withdraw the money i get from fiverr because i learnt u paid tru paypal and dis paypal stuff opening and managing it so it wont get frozen or blocked how do i go about that, lastly how do i make my blog to qualify for adsense my blog contain mostly browsing cheat and phone tutorials i get 100-400 visits everyday wot do i do.tanx

You can create any kind of gigs on Fiverr. When I started my fiverr business last 2 years, I always sold what I knew how to do best.

e.g I designed company logos for 5$, sold some weight loss ebooks, designed mini websites and things like that. Just search through the categories. There will be something you will be able to do. For me, the main thing that fetches Fiverr money for me is the weight loss ebook I sell in the health section of the site. Most of all these foreign people are fat and they keep contacting me and purchasing the book. Its so easy.

I will send you a manual on how to withdraw your fiverr earnings when you start.

Bless

Concerning your blog, make sure the design of your blog is unique, also make sure your blog has quality content and you have up to 20 posts on it. Adsense don't accept any how sites again. After doing all these, re-apply and I am sure they will accept you
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by udemzyudex(m): 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
TheJames:

It is very easy. Just follow the steps below:

- Always post on your blog daily. At least 2 posts a day.

- Whenever you post, bookmark your post using some social bookmarking sites like Reddit.com, Digg.com, Dropjack.com and Bibsonomy.org. That will enhance your SEO.

- Do basic Search engine optimization (SEO) and link building for your blog.

Try all these first, I will come back with more tips for you.
Okay...thanks
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Zagala: 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
Tanx man,and GOD bless u for ur gud work.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by uwem18: 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
hw cn i start exporting food item in household quantities and hw can i get customers frm other countries

1 Like

Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
Zagala: Tanx man,and GOD bless u for ur gud work.

Thanks. God bless
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
uwem18: hw cn i start exporting food item in household quantities and hw can i get customers frm other countries

This thread is for Online Business in Nigeria

Check out this thread for exportation: https://www.nairaland.com/1131220/profitable-businesses-start-little-capital
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by phreddie(m): 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
This is a very nice thread, concerning that bro who has probs wit his SEO. Go to ur privacy settings, and make sure ur site is visible to every1 including search engines.
You also need to check ur permalinks and make sure the links to ur post contain the title not just codes.
And you must also get essential plug-ins like the all in one seo pack, google xml sitemaps, etc.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by nimwin(f): 11:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
I'm interested in affiliate marketing. D few products I've seen need you to have a paypal account for payment. How can a nigerian be involved in affiliate marketing pls?
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by demoreon: 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
maxibrainz: I wud like to start fiver but i dont know wot to market there and how do i withdraw the money i get from fiverr because i learnt u paid tru paypal and dis paypal stuff opening and managing it so it wont get frozen or blocked how do i go about that, lastly how do i make my blog to qualify for adsense my blog contain mostly browsing cheat and phone tutorials i get 100-400 visits everyday wot do i do.tanx
Hello bro,
Paypal isn't the only payment option available, fiverr will provide you with it mastercard which you can use anywhere in the world including nigeria.the only catch is that you need to be a level 2 seller(must have made 50sales).
Your blog won't qualify for adsense if it contains cheats as that violate google adsense terms of use, is this traffic unique visitors or average page view?
If its unique visitors why don't you try cpa offers, you can make between 1-5$ per lead,better still try building a list from the visitors, you can rake tons of $$ from that.
nimwin: I'm interested in affiliate marketing. D few products I've seen need you to have a paypal account for payment. How can a nigerian be involved in affiliate marketing pls?
there are tons of affiliate sites that accept nigerians technically,whoever accepts paypal obviously supports direct deposit into a us bank,you can signup for payoneer account, it does come with a us bank account that can be used anywhere in the world and you cashout at any atm location here in nigeria.
What exactly would you like to promote, that way I will be able to help further?
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by dejiyusuf: 12:16am On Dec 29, 2012
I like this thread because the poster made complete things simple, and that is a rear thing to do.
Well.. My advice to any one interested in running an online biz is this.
1) follow the KISS rule; Keep It Stupid Simple. Don't complicate things life is so simple it you think that way..
2) Be Highly focused. With the internet you can do thousands of job and this will definitely make you lose your focus but the funny thing is that instead of making money with that thousands of jobs and biz, you CAN focus on one job that can MAKE you brake the bank or you might end up earning nothing at all!
3) Sell something if you want to make it big.
Sell informational, sell physical stuffs to people, sell advert space on your blog, sell your realistic Ideas to people if you really can , sell your service. And I will see you in the bank! grin

4) MYB! Mind Your Business; Never ever poke nose in another man biz, have you make yourself there is not time, you see, when did enter year 2012? Now we are in the end of the year,so 2013 Is here, what great thing can you use your life to do before the end of 2013? Instead of following the guru, following that wizard map out your strategy critically and follow it through diligently, the sky will only be your starting point! So..MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!! ;(

5) YOU CAN MAKE IT! grin
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by maxibrainz: 1:12am On Dec 29, 2012
Tanx@TheJames and Demoreon. @Demoreon am sorry if i ofended you with my response on domain biz, i was just trying to be inquisitive, i did some research and got some info about it tanx
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 29, 2012
phreddie: This is a very nice thread, concerning that bro who has probs wit his SEO. Go to ur privacy settings, and make sure ur site is visible to every1 including search engines.
You also need to check ur permalinks and make sure the links to ur post contain the title not just codes.
And you must also get essential plug-ins like the all in one seo pack, google xml sitemaps, etc.

Good advice too....welcome to the lounge
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 29, 2012
demoreon:
Hello bro,
Paypal isn't the only payment option available, fiverr will provide you with it mastercard which you can use anywhere in the world including nigeria.the only catch is that you need to be a level 2 seller(must have made 50sales).
Your blog won't qualify for adsense if it contains cheats as that violate google adsense terms of use, is this traffic unique visitors or average page view?
If its unique visitors why don't you try cpa offers, you can make between 1-5$ per lead,better still try building a list from the visitors, you can rake tons of $$ from that.
there are tons of affiliate sites that accept nigerians technically,whoever accepts paypal obviously supports direct deposit into a us bank,you can signup for payoneer account, it does come with a us bank account that can be used anywhere in the world and you cashout at any atm location here in nigeria.
What exactly would you like to promote, that way I will be able to help further?

Great answers bro. Welcome to the Lounge Demoreon
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 29, 2012
Affiliate Marketing is a very lucrative online business and you don't need a Paypal account before you go into this business. Though, one of the Biggest affiliate programs (Clickbank) no longer accept Nigerians, there are other profitable Affiliate Networks you can register on to earn profitable income.

Other Profitable Affiliate Programs are:

- CommissionJuntion.com

- Amazon.com

- HighProfits.com

At the end of the month, these companies send your cheque directly to the Address you used when signing up. Then you catch your money using a domicilliary account. Its so easy.

Later, I will post tips on how you can make $100 daily with Affiliate Marketing
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by demoreon: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2012
TheJames:

Great answers bro. Welcome to the Lounge Demoreon
You most welcome smiley
maxibrainz: Tanx@TheJames and Demoreon. @Demoreon am sorry if i ofended you with my response on domain biz, i was just trying to be inquisitive, i did some research and got some info about it tanx
I took no offence, glad you found your answers.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by emailguru: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2012
One of the best and most effective ways to promote your blog is through the use of article marketing. Once you know how to do this, it might just be the only marketing tool you should concentrate on. Write keyword rich articles and submit them to article directories for back links (this will automatically increase you page ranking on Google)

1 Like

Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by nimwin(f): 11:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
What kind of products do you think are the best to market? How do I open a payoneer account?
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by gbolakpine(m): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
Pls am a student of funaab, abeokuta na dull place to work.... Pls i need to start making or earning a living
by working online, pls how can i go about this.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by dejiyusuf: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
to start an internet biz today is not so easy but the easiest biz you can do today is selling a short report to a big problem....

1 Like

Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by demoreon: 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
gbolakpine: Pls am a student of funaab, abeokuta na dull place to work.... Pls i need to start making or earning a living
by working online, pls how can i go about this.
Look around the business section, lots of threads have been created about getting started. Don't pay anyone for any material as there have been issues of scams lately.
If you need more help ask questions here
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by VickyHills(f): 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
Please I'd like to know how to market/advertise/sale my product online. I make local juices(Kunu and Zobo)which are very medicinal.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by nimwin(f): 11:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
@TheJames
@demoreon
Thanks for the comments but please, I can anyone here teach me step-by-step, all I need to know about affiliate marketing to start making money soon no matter how small? I want to get into affiliate marketing and some of the things I'm seeing here on it are like greek. Please, help me. If you want to send me an email- seyimc2008@yahoo.com. Thanks!
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by demoreon: 11:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
VickyHills: Please I'd like to know how to market/advertise/sale my product online. I make local juices(Kunu and Zobo)which are very medicinal.
this is some lowly targeted product but you can still make some sell by following this steps.

1:Sell it to yourself first. Before doing anything else, stop and ask yourself the major reason why you would want to order online rather than go to the local sellers. Now, think about how to translate that to an online profile(short article including the known sicknesses they cure).
Bring out the most salient features of your juices, your experience, your passion, and your reasons for making them. Make it clear to readers and JV partners why they should buy from you. If you're not great with words, find a friend who can help you with this really important aspect of selling online – the establishment of your credibility and reliability.

2: Join online juice communities. Depending on what scale you intend to sell your juices(individuals or corporate bodies), you may want to get an account on sites that provides recipes for zobo and kunu. Discuss with the article poster and tell them to market and write a review on your juices for a commission(you can offer them free test of both , also give them 20% commission on every referral)
Read the terms and conditions of every site very carefully. Know what commission or cut the site takes, know what protections (or lack of them) that the site offers, know what clientele generally peruse the site, know the general sales brought in by each sites (you need some tracking tools on your site), know everything you can that is relevant to your sales.
If your goal is to turn your juices into an investment property, then selling online is likely to be a much longer path to this end. This is largely because it is generally more difficult for unknown individuals to buy juice especially kunu and zobo online than it is through a traditional brick and mortal where such concrete decisions can be made safely. It is best to see selling juices online as an adjunct to your usual methods of selling juices, not your only means.

3: Make yourself public. Get yourself out there as best as you can by advertising yourself. Publish some "recipe on zobo" pieces around the web to show what you can do and to demonstrate your style. Be sure to add a link to your website or blog after every post.

Blog about your juices. Given the hundreds of free blogging websites, you have a lot of choice in keeping a blog. Most importantly, it's extremely useful to keep it updated regularly - this gives people something "pretty to look at", and a story to follow as your reputation increases and your sales story grows. A blog can pick up a lot of hits from search engines if you utilize the keywords feature accurately; use it to your advantage. Be sure to name your blog something simple but memorable – you'll want people to be able to find you with ease.
Read How to start a blog and How to increase website traffic

5: Create a mailing list. This could be your most effective tool if managed well. For every sale you make, every person who sends you an email that might be interested, get all of their email addresses in digital database ready for mass emailing. At designated intervals (once a month, every other week, whenever you start a new series) send them all nice, grammatically correct, friendly emails, complete with a neatly set-out testimonies as you claim its medicinal. This keeps you on the radar of past customers, which is important. And if it's a really wonderful newsletter, you might get lucky and they might send it to all of their friends as well – then even more eyes are seeing your work!
Every thoughtful mailing list includes an opt-out option. Don't be threatened by this; see it as good housekeeping and as retaining the clients who really do want to see your items.

8: Consider the option of creating your own site. Having your own site means that you can optimize every page for search engines and it sets you apart from the many recipe writers who only use general juice sales sites. Having your own website means that the viewer is not distracted by other juice makers . You can sell directly from your site via email correspondence with potential buyers (ask them to contact you for prices, location to deliver the juice etc.).
If you're serious about selling your juice online with your own site, then it's essential with a domain name that is either your own name or the name that you want people to associate you with your juice. For example, you could use a domain made up of your first and last name such as vickyhills.com or if you work under a pseudonym then you could use a domain name using that i.e. pseudonym.com.

9: Expect this to be a gradual process and don't expect to sell a lot right away. An online sells business needs to be built up little by little. It's much the same as putting together a company (indeed, you should treat your online juice sales as a business) – you will try to make your name known, or at least give people a hint on who you are as a juice maker, develop your services as you grow, and gain in reputation as time goes on. It may feel like a long time at the beginning but solid and patient foundations will set you up for a good future, as well as maintaining a positive attitude about what you're doing.
Attend as many relevant medical lectures to show your juice as you can. If the shows are juried, display the testimonies your zobo and kunu has attracted as part of your profiles or website backgrounds.
Sorry for the long post smiley
All the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

100 Small-scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / Be Your Own Boss With ORIFLAME, Own A Business With N3000 / Promasidor Secures N5.6bn Boi Facility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.