Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? (19353 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students / New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Navalsadiq(m): 8:58am On Dec 29, 2012
why do people mistake agressive action for effective action.as for the expelled students do not allow your right to be infringed and your future ruined as well.thats one of the reasons you hav NUC to lodge a complain.so you can write to them.that decision is just to harsh and against humanity.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by omicron(m): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2012
But yet, adults should behave like adults and take responsibilities for their decisions. If the rules say u should do "A" and u keep doing "B", you are wrong and should face the stipulated penalties. Afterall, they were well aware of such rules before then. I didnt have such rules in my University, but I knew if I had I would just obey them or simply leave, if I can't change them. To me, it is this attitude of 'deliquency' that makes them look like secondary schools, not the primary existence of the rules.
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2012
vykte: Even students don't read documents they sign,i'm pretty sure a good number of d students ar unaware of such laws n punishment.
Btw Which is more frequent on front page Tonto Dike's threads or Convenat/Oyedepo thread?
wah do u mean?...as u r entering d school...u r c'lecting ur handbook...
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by condralbede(m): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2012
So pagans,muslims and hindus cn nt study in such school or wat
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Engineer1985(m): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2012
What a pity
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by IYANGBALI: 9:00am On Dec 29, 2012
Adufaye: am i mad? I go colect my sch fees bak,or i set d sch ablaze
God bless u jare
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by pwiz(m): 9:01am On Dec 29, 2012
SamConquer: U GUYS ARE JOBLESS...@OP AND NAIRALAND..Y IS IT THAT IF COVENANT UNIVERSITY SNEEZE U WILL MAKE NOISE ABOUT IT.,IS IT THE ONLY UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA OR U GUYS ARE JUST LOOKING FOR TROUBLE COS IS A XTIAN UNIVERSITY..Y DNT U GUYS ATTACK CRESENT UNIVERSITY AND THEIR LIKES WHICH ARE ISLAM UNIVERSITY...OHH I GET IT WHEN U ARE JUST XCEPTIONAL GREAT,NUISANCE WIL TALK ABOUT U..IS JUST BECOS COVENANT UNI. IS THE BEST SCHOOL IN NIGERIA..CHRISTIANPHOBIA HAVE BCUM THE ORDER OF THE DAY IN NAIRALAND..U GUYS TALK EVIL ABOUT OUR SPIRITUAL LEADERS ANYHOW..WAT OF THE BOKO-HARAMIZED IMAM AND SHEIK??CRAZY AND STUPID PEOPLE..U GUYS SHOULD MIND UR BIZ..MTCHEW
You are an idiiiot. Tell me when you heard of other private Uni's expelling their students cos of small offences.
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Ninilowo(m): 9:01am On Dec 29, 2012
...not only that.....when he could not fishout the students that rushed to the chapel on seeing him, he started raining heavy curses on them.....
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by IYANGBALI: 9:02am On Dec 29, 2012
Naval sadiq: why do people mistake agressive action for effective action.as for the expelled students do not allow your right to be infringed and your future ruined as well.thats one of the reasons you hav NUC to lodge a complain.so you can write to them.that decision is just to harsh and against humanity.
God bless u
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 29, 2012
greatgod2012: In a university?
Abeg, somebody to tell me its a lie, how can adults be forced to do something against his will.

The school is better called a secondary school.

yeah it's for real.What do people learn in a cage for fucksake ?
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by shadelek(m): 9:03am On Dec 29, 2012
Its absurd to expel students for not attending church service. God did nt even ask us to serve him by force so whats d reason 4 expelin those students! Bulshit
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by IYANGBALI: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2012
p.wiz:
You are an idiot. Tell me when you heard of other private Uni's expelling their students cos of small offences.
no mind the hediot
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Adufaye(m): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2012
slimyem: lmao...
Why are these private institutions being called universities sef?
Nonsense upon ingredient!!
Chasing adults to the chapel?
Chai!!!
Dem don suffer!
abi rubish...na by force 2 login heaven
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Adufaye(m): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2012
IYA NGBALI: God bless u jare
amen o! n u 2
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Ahmedie25(m): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2012
J12: Boko Haram university.
u are a fool,must u attribute anything to bokoharam?
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by IYANGBALI: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2012
Ninilowo: ...not only that.....when he could not fishout the students that rushed to the chapel on seeing him, he started raining heavy curses on them.....
just imagine and he called himself a man of God,sango will never do such a terrible thing to his shedrens
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Navalsadiq(m): 9:06am On Dec 29, 2012
why do people mistake agressive action for effective action.that decision is just to harsh and against humanity.as for the expelled students do not allow your right to be infringed and your future tempered with.
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Adufaye(m): 9:07am On Dec 29, 2012
Ninilowo: ...not only that.....when he could not fishout the students that rushed to the chapel on seeing him, he started raining heavy curses on them.....
realy?
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by IYANGBALI: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2012
shadelek: Its absurd to expel students for not attending church service. God did nt even ask us to serve him by force so whats d reason 4 expelin those students! Bulshit
it shows the kind of people we have at the helm of affairs including religion
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 29, 2012
IYA NGBALI: no mind the hediot

what else do you expect from deluded bootlickers who see the inactions of oyedepo as unquestionable ? God help your folks in that shithole called Nigeria.
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by IYANGBALI: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2012
Engineer1985: What a pity
pity na ni
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by IYANGBALI: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2012
Rolling.:

what else do you expect from deluded bootlickers who see the inactions of oyedepo as unquestionable ? God help your folks in that shithole called Nigeria.
kai nigeria shit hole?I don die
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Olastep1(m): 9:14am On Dec 29, 2012
*......sipping garri.....*
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 29, 2012
Shollypopz: LoL, the parents who take their kids to this school want this type of discipline though

It's a christian school, u know there are rules on going to chapel. Even here in the states, christian schools have weekly services and they are not to miss Sunday chapel. I think you're allowed to miss chapel thrice in a semester and if u exceed the time stipulated, there is punishment.

Bishop Oyedepo's decision might be a little rash but u expected this before deciding to apply and attend the university. We can't blame the man for the standards he wants his university to uphold.
Thank you.
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by specialguest(f): 9:15am On Dec 29, 2012
Convenant seminary expels 200 students for not attending sunday school.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by andyzoga: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2012
Most times, i wonder what's behind many peoples' minds before they write or talk.
CU isnt the only university in the country and Nigerians are free to attend any univ of their choices. I strongly believe no one was forced to apply into the univ(CU), as such, students are free to leave even before they're expelled if they feel they cant cope with the school's standards.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 29, 2012
IYA NGBALI: kai nigeria shit hole?I don die

Honestly,this is kinda weird and it can only happen in a place like Nigeria.the best universities in the world are not built on religion fanaticism.
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Clemzy16(m): 9:20am On Dec 29, 2012
You guys seems not to get the deal here. More church attendance, more offering and tithe. Pastors are not smilling oo!
Re: Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? by Clemzy16(m): 9:21am On Dec 29, 2012
You guys seems not to get the deal here. More church attendance, more offering and tithe. Pastors are not smilling ooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike / ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? / School Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.