Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven (109576 Views)

How Can We Improve The Celebrities Section? / *~ Missy B Voted Celebrities Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Do's And Don'ts Of Celebrities Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 6:03am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan: Another excuse that the "pro gun lobby" usually trot out when there is a discussion on gun control, is that the citizens need to be armed to effectively battle a 'tyrannical' govt.

Apparently, they've never heard about impeachment or... elections. SMH
That is the biggest load of poo ever. I wonder if those that belive such logic have a brain
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Have any of you seem the movie "Runaway Jury"?

CFC bobo, make you say yes o. You wey dey read PoliSci lol.[/size]

Sorry to disappoint u, but I've never heard of it, let alone watched it. I would check if it's still available at Blockbusters.Lol.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 6:06am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan:

Sorry to disappoint u, but I've never heard of it, let alone watched it. I would check if it's still available at Blockbusters.Lol.
Missing out bro.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
Missing out bro.

It was a 2003 film, so I'm partially off the hook cool
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 12, 2013
[size=13pt]Lol. I never read the book but the film's pretty good. I'm always amazed at how the gun company in that movie felt no liability at all for the shooting. We had to watch it for a politics class years back. I always wondered if that's how gun companies really felt. Considering that there have been several shootings since then and very little concern from such companies and the NRA, I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to the truth.[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 6:15am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan:

It was a 2003 film, so I'm partially off the hook cool
You are still missing out

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
You are still missing out

Noted. I will "un-miss" out.Lol
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 6:16am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Lol. I never read the book but the film's pretty good. I'm always amazed at how the gun company in that movie felt no liability at all for the shooting. We had to watch it for a politics class years back. I always wondered if that's how gun companies really felt. Considering that there have been several shootings since then and very little concern from such companies and the NRA, I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to the truth.[/size]
It is simply business na. Same way big arms manufacturers have no problem selling guns to rebel groups in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 6:16am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan:

Noted. I will "un-miss" out.Lol
Aight
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMwXlikoFrM

The above is a link to one of Alex Jones videos. He is the guy that said he owns 50 guns.
Here he is talking about the FDA conspiracy to poison Americans.

I apologize to those viewing this thread from a phone, please bear with me.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 6:24am On Jan 12, 2013
Mynd_44: It is simply business na. Same way big arms manufacturers have no problem selling guns to rebel groups in Africa.

[size=13pt]Sure, but they're heartless people. If I knew that what I was producing was harming and killing people, the very least I'd do is show concern. They simply don't care about human life, as long as they're not affected.[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Sure, but they're heartless people. If I knew that what I was producing was harming and killing people, the very least I'd do is show concern. They simply don't care about human life, as long as they're not affected.[/size]

That is capitalism at it's worst. Profit trumps concern for the society.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 6:40am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88:

Capitalism, free market and the likes. The moral burden has been substituted for yatches and private jets. They couldn't care less who gets caught as long as their interests are protected

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by ijebabe: 6:54am On Jan 12, 2013
Im too lazy to read through all those pages, hope I didn't miss much! Abeg someone should please break it down for me. God bless you.

Good morning o! grin
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 12, 2013
ijebabe: Im too lazy to read through all those pages, hope I didn't miss much! Abeg someone should please break it down for me. God bless you.

Good morning o! grin

We were talking about the Gun-control debate here in the US; the NRA's opposition to it and the necessity to have a ban placed on the purchase of assault weapons by civilians.
There was another shooting that occurred in a California high school, one student was hurt. But the Police was on the scene in time to prevent further carnage.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by EzePromoe: 7:10am On Jan 12, 2013
Oguguachi and CFCfan, good morning! Why are you two scaring my troubled a$$ with your gun stories! cry
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: Oguguachi and CFCfan, good morning! Why are you two scaring my troubled a$$ with your gun stories! cry

We didn't mean to scare you, we were only highlighting what needed to be done.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: Oguguachi and CFCfan, good morning! Why are you two scaring my troubled a$$ with your gun stories! cry

[size=13pt]Ignore CFC bobo. What he meant to say was "Una nko? We wey dey hear of kidnapping and armed robbers every day. U tink say we no dey fear your own?

CFC bobo, you don't have to thank me wink[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 12, 2013
^^
Noted, Your Highness cool
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by EzePromoe: 7:21am On Jan 12, 2013
Na wa o. For U.S.A too. Place I've thought to be Heavens branch on Earth. Please is Maiduguri in U.S.A?
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: Na wa o. For U.S.A too. Place I've thought to be Heavens branch on Earth. Please is Maiduguri in U.S.A?

LMAO grin. Thankfully it isn't in America. I don't think there are any fishes in Maiduguri.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by EzePromoe: 7:27am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan:

LMAO grin. Thankfully it isn't in America. I don't think there are any fishes in Maiduguri.
You better come back to AlaIGBO before they blow you together with your NL. Here is peaceful o. BTW Where were you when Hurricane Sandy dey blow abi e no carry you
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Lucenzo, what's up?[/size]
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
You better come back to AlaIGBO before they blow you together with your NL. Here is peaceful o. BTW Where were you when Hurricane Sandy dey blow abi e no carry you

I was/still here in California. The hurricane only affected the North-east coast of America.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 12, 2013
Hi, lucenzo.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 12, 2013
I position
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 12, 2013
Una don turn this thread to political debate. na wa oo
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 12, 2013
^^^
We couldn't help it. Terrible things dey happen for our backyard.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 12, 2013
[size=13pt]Lucy nwa mama. Ke kwanu? kiss[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 12, 2013
with all the dicovery ID and crime wey I dey watch and still this mofos still want to keeps guns. Make I hear say gun dey my house or my wife get gun.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by EzePromoe: 7:37am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan:

I was/still here in California. The hurricane only affected the North-east coast of America.
For Christ sake, are north easts all around the world cursed Maiduguri too is in North east coast of Nigeria.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 12, 2013
@Lucenzo: Lol. The perpetrators of such mass shootings are motivated by the desire to be famous, for their case to be featured in the Discovery ID shows. It's so sad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (62) (Reply)

Davido To Move To His House With An Elevator In Banana Island / Graphic Photos Of Ebony Reigns’ Corpse & Accident Scene / Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.