Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,209 members, 7,860,357 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss - Education (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss (130111 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / FUT Minna 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Meet Here / Breaking News: A.b.u Zaria Admission List Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 8:51am On Sep 12, 2013
Lateef9961: Gtd mawni pals.aw was ur nyt.
was gud and urs??
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 10:55am On Sep 12, 2013
Ikemsinachi: was gud and urs??
alhamdulilah. Xpeting more qstn 4rm u
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Odoetonu(m): 11:48am On Sep 12, 2013
Q1. In government, "caucus" means? Q2. When a party is filled wit notable men, prestigeous skill men, it is known as? Q3. The concept of seperation of power was propounded by? Q4. A typical example of fascism or fascist government was the one adopted by? Q5. Who are d Bourgeoisie? Q6. Outline the characteristics of elite parties and mass parties? Q7. Enumerate the significance of public opinion in a modern political system? Q8. Name d parties present durin d 2nd republic? Q9. Civil service Reform of 1988 provided that the? Q10. Non-alignment movement was found in? Q11. "Nze" in the igbo traditional political system was a? Q12. National congress of british west Africa (NCBWA) was formed in wat year and by who? Q13. The first Election was held in? Q14. Durin d colonial ere, which constitution was accused of sectionalism? Q15. Which constitution granted antonomy to the region? Q16. Macpherson constitution was regarded as?
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Shimasparkle(f): 11:57am On Sep 12, 2013
What is the difference between empirical formular and molecular formular.
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by JewelBukky(f): 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
olumorinmoses: pls any prospective architecture studen? kindly drop me ur no here. i need pieces of info plssss.
wow! Ure wlcm. A pal here has been longing to meet a course mate. - Idowu where art thou
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by lirusehn(m): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
ave learnt alot from dis trend. Guess am an empty headed fool. More fluids to u guyz cerebrum

2 Likes

Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
Shimasparkle: What is the difference between empirical formular and molecular formular.
Molecular formula is the number and the type of atoms that are present in a single mole of a substance.
While empirical formula is also known as the simplest formula. It is the ratio of elements in the compound.
Some examples are (I): Glucose has a molecular formula of C6H12O6. But the empirical formula of CH2O. The combining ratio of Hydrogen to Oxygen is 2:1. (II) Hydrogen peroxoide has a molecular formula of H2O2. But empirical formula of HO etc..

1 Like

Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
Biology
1. Odontophore is a skeletal structure in the phylum of?
2. The palisade parenchyma is found in the?
3. Crenations occur in the red blood cell when?
4. The outer membrane covering the brain is?
5. On storage, the sweetness of corn is lost. This is because........
6. Lampbrush chromosome occurs in?
7. One example of a mutation that is NOT hereditory is?
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ikemsinachi: Biology
1. Odontophore is a skeletal structure in the phylum of?
2. The palisade parenchyma is found in the?
3. Crenations occur in the red blood cell when?
4. The outer membrane covering the brain is?
5. On storage, the sweetness of corn is lost. This is because........
6. Lampbrush chromosome occurs in?
7. One example of a mutation that is NOT hereditory is?
1.mollusc
2.on the leaf
3.crenation is the contractiön of a red blood cell when placed in a hypotonic <water wil move out of the cell>
4.the outer coverage of the brain is called the CEREBRAL CORTEX or GREY MATTER.
5.sweetness of corn is lost bcus monosacharide sugar of the corn has bin convertd 2 polysaccharides.
6.no idea SIR
7.cancer {caused by radiation}.
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by musty001: 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
speechlessssss!

1 Like

Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by musty001: 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
ikemsinachi,re u einstein`s younger broda?
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by musty001: 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
God ooooo!!, i missed a lot cry
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
musty001: ikemsinachi,re u einstein`s younger broda?
dat guy b ril GURU o
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
@musty001, lateef....God bless u. We all are learners. I've even learnt more from you guys. You all are great. One thing is sure...ABU here we come!! Allah will grant you your heart desires and you will be admitted into your different choices of studies......so also my Jesus will fulfill my heart desire!
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lateef9961:
1.mollusc
2.on the leaf
3.crenation is the contractiön of a red blood cell when placed in a hypotonic <water wil move out of the cell>
4.the outer coverage of the brain is called the CEREBRAL CORTEX or GREY MATTER.
5.sweetness of corn is lost bcus monosacharide sugar of the corn has bin convertd 2 polysaccharides.
6.no idea SIR
7.cancer {caused by radiation}.
Nos 1, 2 are correct and I'll give you half in number 5. You tried!!!

CORRECTIONS!
No 3: hypertonic solution
No 4: Dura mater
5. Conversion of sugar to polysaccharide
6. Oocyte
7. Germinal mutation
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by BabatundeGPD(m): 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TODAY
There is nothing like “we are the leaders of tomorrow” we are the leaders of today, tomorrow will keep coming everyday and now the day have come, we are the leader of today. Before the existence of the 3rd republic, Nigerians have been clamoring for the leaders of tomorrow, the generations that will change, transform Nigeria from grass to grace, from underdevelopment to development, from insecurity to security, from autocracy to democracy in which the voices of the masses will count, from poverty to riches for all masses not just for the political office’s holders but for also the market women as well.
Before the birth of our past presidents: Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Musa Yaradua and the current president Ebele Goodluck Jonathan, Nigerians were waiting and are still waiting for the dream leaders to bring the hope and aspiration of Nigerians into reality, yet we still look desperate, unsure, unaware and unwilling to accept the fact and face reality that the tomorrow is already here to stay. We are the leaders of today; as a leaders of today, we need to be equipped with the right instrument that will enable us perform successfully the tasks bestowed upon us as the leaders to take Nigeria to the promise land, education is one of the main key to good leadership, it open the eyes and mind for what the need is actually is and it set out our minds and strength towards achieving these aim, according to Nelson Mandela; Education is the instrument that you can use to change the world: it is an equipment of transformation. My greatest grieves is the fact that our so called leaders of today who acquired this “instrument\education” on a platter of gold , failed and are failing to maximize the opportunity granted to them by God. They failed and are failing to entrust the generation, masses, less privileged with the fruits of good and well equipped leadership.
It is totally uncalled for and sadden to be heard of that Nigeria a country were over one hundred and forty million Nigerians (140,000,000) the world at large look upon as a mirror, the giant of Africa, the eagle with great insight for the future and the horse strength to defense our integrity and stood by and uphold the masses has failed in disseminating her duties as a mother, a leader, a voice for the voiceless, the hope for our entrusted rights unto the integration of Nigeria as a whole. In April 22nd ASUP embarked on national strike that shut down all federal and state polytechnic for almost four (4) months and presently right now ASUU is on strike that shut down all federal and state university, which have made about five hundred thousand (500,000) students roaming the street of Nigeria jobless for about four months, I don’t know why an issue of such magnitude and important will be treated with jeopardy and reckless abandoned, this is a bad image for Nigeria and Nigerians.
This article is meant to be an eyes opener to the cries of the masses and a petition to those heads in charge of the administration of the federal republic of Nigeria to run the government with the interest of the masses at heart and, an eyes opener to every humanity at large to always take responsibility as the leaders of today, start from your home, community, personality, do what is within your disposal to make the world a better place for all humanity.
By: BABATUNDE ADEDAPO GODPASSDEM

2 Likes

Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ikemsinachi: @musty001, lateef....God bless u. We all are learners. I've even learnt more from you guys. You all are great. One thing is sure...ABU here we come!! Allah will grant you your heart desires and you will be admitted into your different choices of studies......so also my Jesus will fulfill my heart desire!
amin o,may God hep all a.b.u aspirant in this thrend.

1 Like

Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ikemsinachi: Nos 1, 2 are correct and I'll give you half in number 5. You tried!!!

CORRECTIONS!
No 3: hypertonic solution
No 4: Dura mater
5. Conversion of sugar to polysaccharide
6. Oocyte
7. Germinal mutation
i made a mistake in dat no 3 i want 2 ryt hypertonic solution.
I got dat number 5 nw.
I got dat number 6 too. it is nt Oocyte,it cerebral cortex or grey matter.
Oocyte simply mins immature egg or ovum in the ovary.
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lateef9961: i made a mistake in dat no 3 i want 2 ryt hypertonic solution.
I got dat number 5 nw.
i v sin my mistake,i misd dat numba 6 tøo sha
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Jsplash(m): 6:33am On Sep 13, 2013
Hiiiiiii!
Gud a.m 2 ye all!

1 Like

Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 6:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Jsplash: Hiiiiiii!
Gud a.m 2 ye all!
uncle J!!! Hw was ya nyt?
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 7:28am On Sep 13, 2013
I got dat number 5 nw.
shebi I've explained to you the reason why you failed on 2go! Lampbrush chromosome is found in the oocyte of amphibians.
NOT all sugars are monosaccaride.

Good morning all!
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 7:31am On Sep 13, 2013
I got dat number 5 nw.
Note, OOCYTE is simply mother EGG CELL. Tnx
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 7:32am On Sep 13, 2013
Jsplash: Hiiiiiii!
Gud a.m 2 ye all!
same to u bro!

1 Like

Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 8:22am On Sep 13, 2013
1.Apart from silical gel,what oda compound has the ability to absorb HN3 gas?
2.why is it that H2SO4 is nt use in the productn of Co2?
3.state the mechanism of blood clothing
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 13, 2013
any prospective Architecture student? i wanna tok wit u cos im based in LAGOS and i nid pieces of info from u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 9:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Lateef9961: 1.Apart from silical gel,what oda compound has the ability to absorb HN3 gas?
2.why is it that H2SO4 is nt use in the productn of Co2?
3.state the mechanism of blood clothing
In NO1: I think there is an error there. Silica gel is used to dry all gases. If any compound has the ability of absorbing certain gas, it isn't a good drying agent to the compound. And two, the gas which you wrote HN3 I think it should be NH3 (ammonia) gas. If it's NH3 gas, apart from silica gel which dries all gases, another suitable compound is CaO (quick lime) which is a hygroscopic substance.
2). H2SO4 readily reacts with the CO2 thus:

H2SO4 + CO2 -----------> H2CO3 + SO3

3). The mechanisms for blood clotting aren't only three.
(i) Formation of prothrombinase
(ii) Prothrombin converted into the enzyme THROMBIN
(iii) Fibronogen (soluble) converted to fibrin (insoluble)

To some it may include; I) vascular spasm (ii) platelet plug formation (iii) coagulation
These are the first step as it involves a complex factors including Ca ion, enzymes, platelets and damage tissues activating each.
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 10:10am On Sep 13, 2013
Ikemsinachi: In NO1: I think there is an error there. Silica gel is used to dry all gases. If any compound has the ability of absorbing certain gas, it isn't a good drying agent to the compound. And two, the gas which you wrote HN3 I think it should be NH3 (ammonia) gas. If it's NH3 gas, apart from silica gel which dries all gases, another suitable compound is CaO (quick lime) which is a hygroscopic substance.
2). H2SO4 readily reacts with the CO2 thus:

H2SO4 + CO2 -----------> H2CO3 + SO3

3). The mechanisms for blood clotting aren't only three.
(i) Formation of prothrombinase
(ii) Prothrombin converted into the enzyme THROMBIN
(iii) Fibronogen (soluble) converted to fibrin (insoluble)

To some it may include; I) vascular spasm (ii) platelet plug formation (iii) coagulation
These are the first step as it involves a complex factors including Ca ion, enzymes, platelets and damage tissues activating each.
èeyah i dnt even dat v commitd a lot of blunder oo,bcus i typed the qstn wen i was working.bt stil u got it sha. U got dat numba 1.
U didnt get dat numba 2 at al.
I wil gve u halve in dat numba 3.

Correction.
2.generally,Co2 is producd in the lab by the reactn of mable CaCo3 with all acid xcept H2So4 bcus H2SO4 wil coat a layer on the mable chip and form Ca(So4)2.
CaCo3 + H2so4---->Ca(so4)2.
3.the blood platelet wil secrete thrombokinase or thromboplastin.
-Thrombokinase wil convert prothrombin into thrombin.
-thrombin in the presence of calcium ion wil convert fibronogen into fibrin and fibrin wil form a mesh on the surface of the wound.
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Lateef9961: èeyah i dnt even dat v commitd a lot of blunder oo,bcus i typed the qstn wen i was working.bt stil u got it sha. U got dat numba 1.
U didnt get dat numba 2 at al.
I wil gve u halve in dat numba 3.

Correction.
2.generally,Co2 is producd in the lab by the reactn of mable CaCo3 with all acid xcept H2So4 bcus H2SO4 wil coat a layer on the mable chip and form Ca(So4)2.
CaCo3 + H2so4---->Ca(so4)2.
3.the blood platelet wil secrete thrombokinase or thromboplastin.
-Thrombokinase wil convert prothrombin into thrombin.
-thrombin in the presence of calcium ion wil convert fibronogen into fibrin and fibrin wil form a mesh on the surface of the wound.
I failed NO2: but in NO3: we are saying the same thing. Review my answer once again!
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Ikemsinachi(m): 10:50am On Sep 13, 2013
But wait ooo! The CO2 is absorbed by the H2SO4 thus the release of CO2 becomes impossible. The equation for the reaction: H2SO4 + CO2 --------> H2CO3 + SO3.
However your explanation more accurate. When CaCO3 reacts with acid e.g HCl, CO2 is liberated:
CaCO3 + 2Hcl -------> Cacl2 + H2O + CO2.
Thermal dissociation of the marble liberates the gas as follows; etc but H2SO4 doesn't give the reaction!
CaCO3 ------------->CaO + CO2
The thing went off my memory!
Thanks bro!!
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 11:01am On Sep 13, 2013
Ikemsinachi: But wait ooo! The CO2 is absorbed by the H2SO4 thus the release of CO2 becomes impossible. The equation for the reaction: H2SO4 + CO2 --------> H2CO3 + SO3.
However your explanation more accurate. When CaCO3 reacts with acid e.g HCl, CO2 is liberated:
CaCO3 + 2Hcl -------> Cacl2 + H2O + CO2.
Thermal dissociation of the marble liberates the gas as follows; etc but H2SO4 doesn't give the reaction!
CaCO3 ------------->CaO + CO2
The thing went off my memory!
Thanks bro!!
All is well bro.
Re: A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss by Lateef9961(m): 11:14am On Sep 13, 2013
1.what is EGESTION?
2.what is the usefulnes of vasopresin in the body?
3.what is responsible for the toughness and flexibility of the skin?
4.what is the name of the blood vessel that supply blood to gonads?
5.what is the function of MEDIAN FISSURE in the brain?
6.how meni cranial and spinal nerves ar in a somatic nervous system?
7.out of the three types of iron,wich of them is the most pure?

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (143) (Reply)

Federal University Oye Ekiti Post Utme / Free Nigerian Navy Past Questions And Answers For Everyone - Download / WAEC WASSCE 2020 Timetable - Click Here To View WAEC Timetable 2020/2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.