Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,075 members, 7,821,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders (6320 Views)

Traffic Offenders Arraigned At Mobile Court Launched By The LASG (pics) / Lagos Government Launches Mobile Court For Traffic Environmental Offenders / We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
[size=16pt]I SALUTE THE PEOPLE OF JIGAWA! THIS IS A COMMENDABLE ACTION TO HELP OUR POOR MISUSED FEATHERED FRIENDS!

THIS IS THE LEAST WE CAN DO FOR THEIR ETERNAL SERVICE TO US! I REALLY WANT TO MEET THIS GUY WHO THOUGHT UP THIS LAW! IT THE BEST

I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN HOW CHICKEN ARE MANHANDLED IN MARKETS ! EVEN THE SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE WAS CRACKING DOWN ON PEOPLE WHO CARIED CHICKEN UPSIDE DOWN OR KEPT THEM IN TINY TORTURE CELLS!

GREAT MOVE! SAARKIN ALJANNU BE PRAISED![/size]
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2012
tevinsolt:

what makes you think you or any other human is worth more than a chicken? aren't you the same product of cosmic accident and evolution?
comparing chicken and mosquito is way off......you're more like the mosquito because you feed off the chicken like other parasites. smiley

WELL SAID BROTHER! YOU HAVE TRUE HEART AND MIND! THE GODS BLESS YOU!

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by tevinsolt: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
Mynd_44:
I give up. Seriously?

ok in all seriousness, i do understand what you're trying to say, but putting one down to elevate the other is not right. the idea of the law is good and it shouldn't be about only fowls, it should be extended to other domestic animals as well.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
FULL STORY:

Anybody who manhandles chicken and other poultry in Jigawa will be prosecuted
The Jigawa State Government has threatened to prosecute traders who manhandle chickens and other poultry animals in the state.
The Chairman of the Consumer Protection Agency in the state, Abdulkadir Hadejia, gave the warning on Saturday during a sensitisation exercise at Furji Market in Yankwashi Local Government Area.
He said the government had placed a ban on the manhandling of chickens in all markets across the state and warned that defaulters would be prosecuted.
“The action is cruel, inhuman and exposes the animals to maltreatment. Hawkers of chickens should pack their animals in a crate rather than hanging them with their head down in the name of marketing.
The ban applies to all poultry sellers, such chicken, guinea fowl, duck and pigeon. Anybody found manhandling the animals will be prosecuted,” Mr. Hadejia warned.
Mr. Hadejia said the action was part of a comprehensive campaign to check the abuse and encourage proper handling of chicken and other poultry animals by traders. He said the agency had conducted similar sensitisation exercise in more than 40 village markets across the state.
According to him, the government has also worked out modalities to upgrade some markets in the state to enhance commercial activities at the grassroots.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-MddPTmHSz1Q/Tt1BQt-RixI/AAAAAAAAAd4/B7ed6DHwAw8/s1600/01%2Bchickens%2Bto%2Bmarket.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_R11lgGHGGgo/TCEQKvaadWI/AAAAAAAAAAM/8-WDE7HCSIU/s1600/ChickenSlaughter.jpg[/img]
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by cecegorz(m): 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ptimes: The Jigawa State Government has threatened to prosecute traders who manhandle chickens and other poultry animals in the state.

The Chairman of the Consumer Protection Agency in the state, Abdulkadir Hadejia, gave the warning on Saturday during a sensitisation exercise at Furji Market in Yankwashi Local Government Area.

He said the government had placed a ban on the manhandling of chickens in all markets across the state and warned that defaulters would be prosecuted.

Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/113148-jigawa-bans-poultry-brutalization-to-prosecute-offenders.html
Wow!
You mean citizens right is now fully protected in Jigawa to the overflowing measure that it is now chicken's time of enjoyment.
Who says democracy is not working in Nigeria?
Meanwhile, what exactly does 'manhandling chickens' stand for. Do they engage in humans/chickens fight in Jigawa?
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2012
cecegorz:
Wow!
You mean citizens right is now fully protected in Jigawa to the overflowing measure that it is now chicken's time of enjoyment.
Who says democracy is not working in Nigeria?
Meanwhile, what exactly does 'manhandling chickens' stand for. Do they engage in humans/chickens fight in Jigawa?

its not a question of human rights overflowing/exceeding chicken rights. both have equa rights to survive in their own different spheres. always we hear of human development schemes, right now t is the chickens chance.

manhandling involves rough handling, beating, putting in extremely tiny cages all their lives without movement space, for pvt. pofits (to make chicken fat), dumpig, injuring, etc.

it seems you have never been to a poultry market before. .
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by koolg: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2012
Y is this coming during xmas and applicable to chickens and not rams shocked
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by PehaKaso: 7:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
koolg: Y is this coming during xmas and applicable to chickens and not rams shocked
Exactly my thoughts
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ptimes: The Jigawa State Government has threatened to prosecute traders who manhandle chickens and other poultry animals in the state.

Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/113148-jigawa-bans-poultry-brutalization-to-prosecute-offenders.html

abeg how do you manhandle chickens ?

so sule lamido, who had no problem with the manhandling of someone who insulted him on facebook is now an advocate for chickens?

what next?
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by Omen100(m): 7:16pm On Dec 31, 2012
The ways we humans abuse these animals are ridiculous, I know of a lady that used her bare hands to kill 34 chickens in less than 2hours, angry angry angry. We can imagine the agendas of these guys chasing those chic's, sorry I mean chickens
grin grin grin

Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2012
dulphines:
Honestly, u need to see the way this malams handle animals. Those creatures feel pains just as we do. I see some wicked Nigerians stack over 20 goats in a car trunk and u will see the poor animals gasping for breath and space. Animals are treated better in more civilized contries. I think the law to protect chickens and animals in general is nt out of place.
how about d laws to protect humans e.g humans also get beatn and burnt to death etc
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
tevinsolt:

what makes you think you or any other human is worth more than a chicken? aren't you the same product of cosmic accident and evolution?
comparing chicken and mosquito is way off......you're more like the mosquito because you feed off the chicken like other parasites. smiley
in ansa 2 ur first three lines humans are obviously that. One human's life is worth more dan a billion chickens.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by fm7070: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
useless, baseless law by useless, nonsense, dry-headed government.
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by CGKing(m): 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
Lol. Make una run go collect una state from mumu.pls we need young minds desperately now. These old expired ppl have completely run out of batteries.quick o. Before them begin kill ppl wey violate chicken their rights.
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by CGKing(m): 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
How r ppl supposed not to violate the chicken? R they supposed to carry them with care n love, n gently place them on the chopping board with affection n kindness, raise the ask with consideration before they chop off the freaking head?

Who r these leaders in jigawa for goodness sake?
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by billyG(m): 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
Tusky44: There are more humane ways to kill the animal for sure. Go to the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf2ByM_NByI

Sad news is that the chicken die either way sad
Chei chicken don suffer no dead is humane all death are wicked
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by tevinsolt: 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ify Angela:
in ansa 2 ur first three lines humans are obviously that. One human's life is worth more dan a billion chickens.

on what basis do you make that claim?
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
tevinsolt:

on what basis do you make that claim?
on d simple fact that one human's life is worth more than a billion chickens. Btw hapi new year.
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ify Angela:
how about d laws to protect humans e.g humans also get beatn and burnt to death etc

arent they sent to the police station mumu!
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ify Angela:

humans are worthless. pray tell me why your life is worth more than that of just 1 chicken? (forget millions). are you doing any good for this world? are you saving lives or improving the environment? or are you just consuming resources and wasting away?

I tell you woman, if My Gods require sacrifice, and if i had to choose between you and a chicken, i would not hesitate for either, given which is more easier to obtain.
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
Re: Jigawa Bans Poultry Brutalization, To Prosecute Offenders by tevinsolt: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ify Angela:
on d simple fact that one human's life is worth more than a billion chickens. Btw hapi new year.

lol what fact cheesy.......anyways Happy New Year to you too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Odunnu & Mrbrownjay Are Romance Section Posters Of The Year - 2010 / Bride’s Breast Almost Fell Down From Her Exotic Gown (PHOTO) / *~ BlueSpice Voted The Literature/writing Section Member Of The Year*~ !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.