Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays (26625 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Debeloved87(m): 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
coogar:

the church is actually meant for people like cossy, not for the saints. if jesus could allow a prostitute kiss his feet in the gathering of other rabbis, why would cossy be denied entry into a church? only in nigeria people get discriminated against because of what they wear to church.....bunch of hypocrites!
if the lovepeddler has dressed like someone going for business, she wouldnt have gotten the chance to enter that house where jesus and other rabbis were talkless of kissing the LORD's feet. She couldnt do that nor even utter a word, when she was caught redhanded and about to be devoured yet the MASTER saved her again. Let the truth be told our body is the Temple of God and our heart HIS Throne, not the church building and its service attendees. Moral values is nothing to write home about in this present, however let everyman hold on to what he or she believes Revelation 22:11. Shalom.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by ignis: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
seunny4lif: That is the reason,i like pastor w.f.kumuyi of deeper life bible church becos he's always telling the true......Damn
And that's the reason why most of these girls don't like going to his church.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by reagand200(m): 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
Whatever and all, yes it is true that the church is meant for the so-called "worldly sinners" eg ARMED ROBBERS, KIDNAPPERS, PROSTIT, RITUALIST, and maybe the mass murderers called BH , however displaying their " selling points" at the church premise should/must be checked.

Religion should not just be a measure of BELIEF, but rather a measure of BEHAVIOUR...
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by moneyhungry(m): 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
durobraham: This is such a sad topic. Its really disheartening how far christian women have come.

I have a friend like that though and I have honestly struggled with how to tell her without hurting her feelings. She's such a sweetheart regardless of her thrashy dress sense..

But how can a christian woman over twenty five not know that she should wear formal clothes to church on sunday morning?
Every thing must be tight, revealing or sexy.O ma se o

Clearly some women don't know that sexy isn't the same thing as beautiful, they just live for the stares&the remarks.
I just really feel sorry for such women.

God bless u sister. ur type is very rare nowadays.
@COOGAR: this is what a decent lady should sound like. can u see d difference? i bet ur mom is very ashamed of u. ashi.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by BARRISTERS: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
let me remind everyone on the tread, the real 'road' or 'church' that leads to life will always be 'an unpopular road' and unfortunately 'few' are those 'going thrugh it'!

but as for the 'broad road' 'broad church' it entertains 'all sorts' ............read for yourself below;

Matthew 7:13-14

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and[b] many enter through it[/b]. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and [size=18pt]only a few find it.[/size]

jesus concludes in mathew 7, that; by their fruit 'ye shall know them'

unfortunately, fraudulent pastors and overseers who themselves are currupt always manuever Gods standard to suit their own currupt standards,they disguised as angel of light,but inside them,they have a selfish scheme that they want to execute, but know them by their fruit!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by tlops(m): 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
Naked we came naked shall we go to church!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by LogicSense: 11:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
ignis: Please, who are we to judge. The bible said judge not that ye might not be judged.
this is the most subjective statement some christians readily employ to defend something evil being perpetrated by their people.if it is done by people from another religion they can criticise it. The import of this is that nobody is allowed to comment about evil thing. To my mind this kind of problem is common in churches because the westernised pastors of ours dare not speak against it because they value what they are getting from the congregation than the reward they will get from God by telling the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Roon9(m): 11:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ironically, advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.".... BOTTOM LINE; on the last day ignorance will not be an excuse

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by adbaba(m): 1:15am On Dec 31, 2012
Pple of dis generatn when wil they get ova thier insanity .GOD HELP US!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 31, 2012
This whole nonsense of women supposedly dressing ''indecently'' is based on nothing but christian brainwashing, and is a gross insult to women.

Who the hell are you to decide what constitutes ''indecent dressing'' for any human being?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with showing flesh. Even before our lands were invaded by christianity, we took pride in displaying flesh, and God knows there was absolutely nothing 'indecent' about it. Get your heads out of the white man's bible and start to think for yourselves.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 31, 2012
Its simple, its becoz they lack manner n home training their mum neva gave to them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by SELFWORTH: 1:32am On Dec 31, 2012
ROSSIKE: This whole nonsense of women supposedly dressing ''indecently'' is based on nothing but christian brainwashing, and is a gross insult to women. Who the hell are you to decide what constitutes ''indecent dressing'' for any human being?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with showing flesh. Even before our lands were invaded by christianity, we took pride in displaying flesh, and [b]God knows there was absolutely nothing 'indecent' about it. Get your heads out of the white man's bible and start to [/b]think like free people.

Which God are you quoting?

Which God are you representing? That attitude kinda gives you away but I still want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Originalsly: 2:06am On Dec 31, 2012
How do you expect them to dress at the Sunday Fashion Parades? Didn't you read Bishop what's his name boasting that some suit he wore was the same one by Dolce and Gabana worn on the runway? What do you think his wife hmmm....his girlfriend would wear?.... and his followers? Hey....many churches many purposes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by MOBBDEEP: 2:18am On Dec 31, 2012
Tusky44: It is good. That was why i attended House on the Rock back in the days. We enjoyed getting the ladies bend over for us after service tongue

Today, many of them are married to very *unlucky men*

Comments like this instils the fear of God in me.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GooseBaba: 2:18am On Dec 31, 2012
All this so we do not go to hell. Think about it fellows so we worship a god that gives us life for 100 yrs and if we fail to pass his test we get to burn in hell for eternity. White man god get wahala..!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Bokoharam: 3:33am On Dec 31, 2012
drmary: I was so disgusted in church today, when I saw how ladies, both married and single wore micro mini gowns and bossom revealing tops to d house of God without any fear.I kept asking myself why ? Pls reasonable contribution

Do you want to know why? Because the very pastor of that/those church(es) want and like it so. An Igbo saying goes, "a man is like his belongings". My church used to (past tense) send people out of the church for indecent dressing; even on wedding services, I'll-clad visitors were prevented from coming in. But today, because these ladies are the 'financiers', it appears things have changed. And like someone said on the first page here, the devil appears to be winning the war.

By the way, should a Christian dress well to church and go naked outside the church premises? Isn't that hypocrisy?
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by oraclefemi(m): 3:37am On Dec 31, 2012
Show me the leaders of such churches then we can start from there...there is no church ! just a gathering of people
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Hardfact: 3:39am On Dec 31, 2012
Hey, very many females these days have long cast decency to the wind. Decency is stupidity, naivity, being outdated. Some wont mind walking the street barely clothed once their celebrity role model does so or if so says the dictates of current fashion. Dont even bother, you'll be the fo.ol if care so much, just learn to put up with it. One of the 'gains' of foolishly following fashion trends, being in vogue, 'modernization', . . .name it. These days it's abnormal to see a woman who doesnt leave portions of her private parts or innerwears on display for public viewing!
Not denying some still strive to maintain high moral standards.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by toygod2: 4:22am On Dec 31, 2012
Na God go jst helep person o
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 4:24am On Dec 31, 2012
ROSSIKE: This whole nonsense of women supposedly dressing ''indecently'' is based on nothing but christian brainwashing, and is a gross insult to women. Who the hell are you to decide what constitutes ''indecent dressing'' for any human being?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with showing flesh. Even before our lands were invaded by christianity, we took pride in displaying flesh, and [b]God knows there was absolutely nothing 'indecent' about it. Get your heads out of the white man's bible and start to think like free people.

SELFWORTH:

Which God are you quoting?

Which God are you representing? That attitude kinda gives you away but I still want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm representing GOD, not your bible 'God'.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 31, 2012
Regimental: it is God that looks at the inward. Don't forget that men are moved by what they see.
if u like jumop d 1st quote...indecent dressing its a sin...u r suppossed 2 respect Gods temple(ur body)....if u like say am lying..bt galatians say..d justice of 5od cant b mocked
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by supercolez: 7:53am On Dec 31, 2012
floriana:
Who told you modern day church building is the house of God. If you let devil catch you for dashing out his property!

Lmfao .... grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:03am On Dec 31, 2012
Why are there so many ill-mannered people on this thread just cursing and swearing? Is it so difficult for you to act modest? GO GET A LIFE!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by delkuf(m): 8:11am On Dec 31, 2012
[quote
author=Glorified_Tunde]Why are there so many ill-mannered people on
this thread just cursing and swearing? Is it so difficult for you to act
modest? GO GET A LIFE![/quote]Thats wht make it interesting. thats y is nl
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by xamilola(f): 8:14am On Dec 31, 2012
They cant fear who they dont knw or acknowledge. God is greater than anybody or thing. if they fear him they wont dress indecently even to work talk less of church.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:26am On Dec 31, 2012
donroxy: seconded!!!!

When u go to church with a clean mind..........the mind to worship and praise your God,the most high............and a lady whose thigh and boobs were revealing sit by your side............how do man concentrate his faith towards his LORD......without u deceiving urself!!!!

House of worship should be off-limits to indecency..........whomosever approached the House of God should supposedly come for reflection and repentance to God the most high but bringing immoral along is Abomination!!!! Satan has taken over most of these places we called of House of God!!!

Am not surprised because historically,it used to be like this where MAN worship satan and convinced their minds they are worshipping God,when it becomes too rampant, A SAVIOUR SHALL EMERGE!!!!

These are some of the things Jesus shall come-back to revived......as little shall have that ''faith'' when he arrives!!!!

Some religion still sanctify and Respect there place of worship,muslims!!!

We have not seen anything yet!!!

I really agree with u on that, one can hardly concentrate when sitting by them. Thats why I usually do what the Bible says, Flee!
If it takes insisting the usher seats u somwhere else, please do. Sebi na God we go meet. Even my friends know I avoid them during service, I do not like talking or being distracted during service. THATS JUST ME!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Agbada/Native (Picture) / Surprise Book Presentation On Pastor Adeboye In Pix With AgPresident, OBJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.