Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (22554 Views)

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 9:48am On Oct 18, 2013
Why are ladies opening their head in church? Is it to display their new hairstyles or what? Is it proper?

Now, some questions we would be confronted with is as follows:

1. When ladies open their head in church, does it not contradicts paul's teaching in 1corinthians 11:1-16.

2. Are they not usurping men's authority for not putting a covering on their head?

3. Does women in bible days go to church without covering their head with a veil or a scarfs? Or they open it.

4. Is the symbol of authority that paul talks about in 1corinthians 11:10 the woman's long hair or what?

5. If the woman's long hair is her glory does she suppose to display that glory in God's presence? Or cover it up and submit to his glory? Isaiah 42:8.

6. When a lady display her long hair in church is she not competing with God's glory? And that she lacked submission to God's authority and the headship of the man?

7. Is it really true that women's long hair is given to them for a covering?

8. Are ladies suppose to prophesy, pray etc without covering their head or hair?

I want you to drop your comment and provide answers to these questions.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 18, 2013
A lady should cover her while in d church, if she must open her head, den she has 2 cut/barbe her hair bald, dats wat i knw.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Andyblaze: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2013
One thing i still fail to understand is why a woman cannot just have her hair covered for just 3 to 4 hours of service. If a lady is truly beautiful she doesn't have to leave her hair to full display before she is counted as pretty. I guess its the vain mind of today's women who believe the church is a place to show off and flirt.

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Tobiustobius: 12:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
How does it concern you? Go to church and listen to the Word, not peer about looking at uncovered female heads. Does the covering (or lack thereof) make them more/less faithful or spiritual? Making nountains out of molehills. Misogyny according to Apostle Paul.

23 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Tobius tobius: How does it concern you? Go to church and listen to the Word, not peer about looking at uncovered female heads. Does the covering (or lack thereof) make them more/less faithful or spiritual? Making nountains out of molehills. Misogyny according to Apostle Paul.
you see that your comment doesnt make sense but is a piece of trash?

44 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Andyblaze: One thing i still fail to understand is why a woman cannot just have her hair covered for just 3 to 4 hours of service. If a lady is truly beautiful she doesn't have to leave her hair to full display before she is counted as pretty. I guess its the vain mind of today's women who believe the church is a place to show off and flirt.
i no no say u get brain so
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by rickymartin: 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
I think you meant "leave their hair uncovered". if I see a lady with an open head, in church or anywhere, I would run!

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
rickymartin: I think you meant "leave their hair uncovered". if I see a lady with an open head, in church or anywhere, I would run!
read ur bible it is head cos the hair is part of the head. I mean ladies not putting a covering on their head during worship. Something like veil or scarf.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Tobiustobius: 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: you see that your comment doesnt make sense but is a piece of trash?

Yes, Pastor Holier-than-thou.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 8:26am On Oct 19, 2013
Tobius tobius:

Yes, Pastor Holier-than-thou.
must you comment on a thread at all. If u dnt know what to comment dnt just comment. Anyway, i see that u dnt know laws that govern the spirit realm.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 7:24am On Oct 20, 2013
From the scripture, it is not right 4 ladies to open their head in church. They ought to cover their hair with a scarf or head tie

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2013
I think this is a new trend cos in those days when u see a lady goin to church with her hair covered decently and well dressed u see the glory of God around her but now things have changed.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by RationalDude(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2013
Have you been to all churches in the world before making such a bogus claim? Well, in my church, ladies don't open their head because it's impossible to do that without surgery.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
RationalDude: Have you been to all churches in the world before making such a bogus claim? Well, in my church, ladies don't open their head because it's impossible to do that without surgery.
ok opening their hair. Are u ok now
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Andyblaze: 12:45am On Oct 21, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:

i no no say u get brain so
na when i take aba made weed, i dey misbehave grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 11:32am On Oct 21, 2013
Andyblaze: na when i take aba made weed, i dey misbehave grin
serious thing
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 9:54am On Oct 27, 2013
Andyblaze: One thing i still fail to understand is why a woman cannot just have her hair covered for just 3 to 4 hours of service. If a lady is truly beautiful she doesn't have to leave her hair to full display before she is counted as pretty. I guess its the vain mind of today's women who believe the church is a place to show off and flirt.
u are on point.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
Maybe d questions are too difficult 4 u guys to answer

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
you all fail to read I Cor. 11:16
But if any man seem to be contentious (that is to disagree with the doctrine of covering the hair), we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
it means if you go to some churches in Western countries, you'll classify all their women as sinners.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2013
vickyO: you all fail to read I Cor. 11:16
But if any man seem to be contentious (that is to disagree with the doctrine of covering the hair), we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
it means if you go to some churches in Western countries, you'll classify all their women as sinners.
so what is that doctrine i disagree with?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ukuts gp: so what is that doctrine i disagree with?
Not you, but the women who do not agree with that doctrine are free to do so. it isn't wrong to leave your hair uncovered to church.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
vickyO:
Not you, but the women who do not agree with that doctrine are free to do so. it isn't wrong to leave your hair uncovered to church.
did u agree with d doctrine of hair covering?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by babestell(f): 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
I think one of the reasons why the practice of women covering their hair is losing ground and probably fade very soon is because it is being enforced for the wrong reasons. Most people talk about submission, authorithy or power. In this age and time when females are accomplishing as much as their male peers, those words are a big turn off. At least it is for me. Is it the hanky some ladies use or flimsy scarf that is now the covering of hair, the only reason I cover my hair in church is as an act of humility before God, just a little way I show him that I depend totally on him and I only do that in front of the blessed sacrament. Just my own take

Also considering the verses below, is there any other way we can choose to intepret the context. Perhaps to mean that the issue is subject to the prevailing culture of the enviroment
13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. 16 If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Goldenheart(m): 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
Saw two ladies in church today, they came late, probably during announcement, hair uncovered, n they are both pinging n playing solitaire.
And i thought to myself. Why should i judge this people. Its not my concern.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ichommy(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
vickyO: you all fail to read I Cor. 11:16
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Cos everybody is writing their own bible and interpreting it the way they like.

ET... grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by mkoabiola: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Covering brazillian and synthetic hair of 300K which enof to buy a plot of land in my village.
Mos ladies dnt blv in covering dier hair,

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Codedrock(m): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
THE WORLD IS CHANGING.. PEOPLE HAS TO GET MORE CIVILIZED!
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Propty247(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
Tobius tobius: How does it concern you? Go to church and listen to the Word, not peer about looking at uncovered female heads. Does the covering (or lack thereof) make them more/less faithful or spiritual? Making nountains out of molehills. Misogyny according to Apostle Paul.

Now I understand why people say common sense is not common. Is it right for a Lady to leave her hair uncovered in the church?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by devour129: 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
The weaves and braids have covered the "hair". Let me know if I should explain further

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? / Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? / South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.