Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? (1178 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / Divorce: He Claimed To Have A Degree In Mass Comm But He Has Just A Sch. Cert. / Marriage Is BORING! Fact! Soul mate or JUST MATES? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 31, 2012
I'm an avid reader of the family section on Nairaland and would have continued reading topics and people's views on issues i can relate to until i realized that could only do so much so i decided to come outright with my issue.

I found out that my boyfriend of over 2 years cheated on me.. barely 3 months after i traveled out of the country no less. I had that gut feeling but he swore time and time again that he was completely faithful and made me feel i was being paranoid. I was shattered after i found out. completely broken. His sister that used to vouch for him told me that just cos he had a one night stand doesn't mean he doesn't love me. He's been under a lot of pressure to get married and on one of the occasions he traveled to see his parents, his dad brought a lady for him to marry and his parent know me and that i exist. H's told them that i'm the one he wants to get married to but that didn't stop his dad. He didn't tell me. he stayed back one more day to meet her. His sister mentioned it when she was trying to prove a point. He had absolutely no plans to tell me that.

Now, he wants to get married. I don't know if i can look past his cheating. he claimed it was once btw. I know it'll slow me down but i'm not sure if i should compromise.. meet him halfway. The fact that he cheated though. I'm not exactly sure what i'm asking you guys though. I guess i just need somebody to talk to. I'm confused and don't want to take this into the new year. It's done enough damage in 2012. I would edit and ask specific questions when i can think straight. Sorry i'm rambling. My mind's everywhere at the moment.
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by theolar: 6:45am On Dec 31, 2012
@ OP. I know u must feel betrayed and upset but u should be rational when looking at the whole issue and emotional. Its a hard thing to do. Talk to him directly and ask him what went on. My problem with him however is not the cheating but how eAsy it is for his parents to sway him. He slept with d girl to prove to his parents dat he is a man? Aside from thatm does his parents really like u enough to marry dere son. I might be able to understand if it was a lady been pressurised. Ultimately d decision is urs.
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by Odunnu: 6:55am On Dec 31, 2012
ms.anon:
I'm an avid reader of the family section on Nairaland and would have continued reading topics and people's views on issues i can relate to until i realized that could only do so much so i decided to come outright with my issue.

I found out that my boyfriend of over 2 years cheated on me.. barely 3 months after i traveled out of the country no less. I had that gut feeling but he swore time and time again that he was completely faithful and made me feel i was being paranoid. I was shattered after i found out. completely broken. His sister that used to vouch for him told me that just cos he had a one night stand doesn't mean he doesn't love me. He's been under a lot of pressure to get married and on one of the occasions he traveled to see his parents, his dad brought a lady for him to marry and his parent know me and that i exist. H's told them that i'm the one he wants to get married to but that didn't stop his dad. He didn't tell me. he stayed back one more day to meet her. His sister mentioned it when she was trying to prove a point. He had absolutely no plans to tell me that.

Now, he wants to get married. I don't know if i can look past his cheating. he claimed it was once btw. I know it'll slow me down but i'm not sure if i should compromise.. meet him halfway. The fact that he cheated though. I'm not exactly sure what i'm asking you guys though. I guess i just need somebody to talk to. I'm confused and don't want to take this into the new year. It's done enough damage in 2012. I would edit and ask specific questions when i can think straight. Sorry i'm rambling. My mind's everywhere at the moment.
Its okay darlyn. Take your time and relax, when you get a clear picture of the above bold part, you may do a better writing. In the meantime, relax. Everything, except death has a solution.
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by maryini(f): 11:50pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hi ms.anon. Sorry to derail.

Is this the same guy that offered to pay your school fees? Did he eventually pay?
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 02, 2013
maryini: Hi ms.anon. Sorry to derail.

Is this the same guy that offered to pay your school fees? Did he eventually pay?
My oh my...
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by greatgod2012(f): 2:57am On Jan 02, 2013
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by dayokanu(m): 6:03am On Jan 02, 2013
Inspector gadgets full this nairaland ooo

So when I wan marry Beyonce na so una go tell am say I don marry 5 women on family section before
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 02, 2013
maryini: Hi ms.anon. Sorry to derail.

oh yes. Its the same guy. And no, he didn't eventually pay. I didn't want to bring that up cos I didn't want people to be biased based on that thread but in retrospect I should have. Its the same person.
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 02, 2013
greatgod2012: @ op, are you talking about d same guy here? https://www.nairaland.com/1009265/getting-married-without-financial-security#11684100
yes, ma'am. Same guy.
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by maryini(f): 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
You must really love him because I can see from your posts whenever you seem to want to end the relationship you keep holding on hoping he'll change.

I can't make the decision for you but from the little you've said about him things are not looking too good. I'ld advice you to go with your instinct as I've come to realise over time it is usually right.

Hope you've been able to resolve your fees issue?
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by Callotti: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
Where are you gonna find the one that will not cheat?
Abi nor be Nigerian man again? grin
Abeg, before or after marriage. . .THEY WILL ALL CHEAT! kiss
Just learn to cheat back! Period.
The devil you know is better than the DEMON you do not know!
All those ones swearing up and down they will not cheat are the MOST DECEPTIVE OF ALL.

The fact that a man or WOMAN cheats has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with not loving a spouse.
Relationships get stale FAST! kiss

He was only looking for 'small breeeeeeze' to 'blow' him! wink

As for feeling 'shattered'. . . You nefa start o! You berra develop SUPER-DUPER-THICK-SKIN! kiss
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
maryini: You must really love him because I can see from your posts whenever you seem to want to end the relationship you keep holding on hoping he'll change.

I can't make the decision for you but from the little you've said about him things are not looking too good. I'ld advice you to go with your instinct as I've come to realise over time it is usually right.

Hope you've been able to resolve your fees issue?
I can't say I love him the way I used to. I'm definitely fond of him though. Not to mention used to him. I need to see if its worth it. I've resolved my fees issues. Thanks
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
Callotti: Where are you gonna find the one that will not cheat?
Abi nor be Nigerian man again? grin
Abeg, before or after marriage. . .THEY WILL ALL CHEAT! kiss
Just learn to cheat back! Period.
The devil you know is better than the DEMON you do not know!
All those ones swearing up and down they will not cheat are the MOST DECEPTIVE OF ALL.

The fact that a man or WOMAN cheats has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with not loving a spouse.
Relationships get stale FAST! kiss

He was only looking for 'small breeeeeeze' to 'blow' him! winkcallotti, I'm all for being happy. At this point, that's all. If I would derive any sort of joy cheating on him, I probably would. I've been unhappy for way to long. Happiness is all I want. He's not made me happy in a long time and that was why I made this thread. Will cheating ensure my happiness? Or just make me sadder and lonelier? Therein lies the question. Thanks for your comment.

As for feeling 'shattered'. . . You nefa start o! You berra develop SUPER-DUPER-THICK-SKIN! kiss
Re: Are These Signs...or Just A One Time Slip Up? by obicentlis: 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
What's up gal! Hope you ve resolved the issue with your Boyfriend?

(1) (Reply)

Mind Your Language Pregnant Women / The Effects Of Overprotective Parenting / 6 Tips To Consider Before Choosing A Life Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.