Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,379 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. (9184 Views)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / AIT Yanks Atiku Off The Air At Leadership Newspaper Award. / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Ramtzy: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
kaorama: Yar'dua was a silently corrupt. Ibori who is languishing in UK prison today was his close associate. He deceptively removed Ribadu from EFCC and took media houses who reported abt his healthj to corut. GEJ is far better

Yar'Adua wasn't anyway corrupt as compare to Jonathan whom has given birth to 100 Iboris..His health was his major challenge why in office yet He was able to resolved ND militant issue, even reduced pump price twice without scarcity of the product with 1/3 of GEJ subsidy money now... Why GEJ till date is yet to figure-out solution on many problems bedeviling the country...Yar'Adua all the way i beg!!(may His soul rest in perfect peace)

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2012
ehie: yaradua gave us fuel for 60 naira instead of 65,Gej gave us for 100 naira and it still aint enuf...plus the fact that his police killed people for that fact,any frigging contest?i do not think so

it ws d reduction of d pump price of fuel from #65 to #60 dat triggered d increase in subsidy payments. Yar'adua used dat reduction to gain some level of legitimacy,following wide condemnations dat trailed hs election.
D FIFA under 17 world cup in Nigeria in 2009 preventd yar'adua from total removal of subsidy cos he didnt want Nigerians to protest while we had foreigners in our midst. He travelled 2 saudi 2days b4 d policy could be effectd & never came back. (olusegun adeniyi - politics,power n death)

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
ARES:
Once a creature comes to a public forum and writes something this long in defence of a government that is so inept, that creature has sold his soul, mortgaged the lives of his kids and will be ready to sell his mother for money.
He has already sold his mother for money

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
Knowledge9000: [b]I can say confidently that most of the people saying that Yar'Adua was better are the same naive, gullible individuals who voted for Jonathan while Buhari was a formidable option. Like they didn't expect Jonathan to be a failure. Trust me, go and check their voter's registration record or click on their Username and see their past posts during 2011 election...make sure you click their username and read their past posts during the 2011 election before attacking me as I have done this. Useless swines. The same id$iots will bypass Buhari again in 2015 and vote for another Retardeen and cry corruption, fuel scarcity, e.t.c. Some of us need to be dealt with mercilessly until we can say...I know the right thing to do. Here we have man like Buhari, who took out loans ( borrowed money from Bank) in the 80s and 90s to build the houses he owns in Abuja and Kaduna. Had he borrowed these monies, let's say 5 yrs ago, 10 yrs ago, then it would have been suspicious, as though he is trying to fuss himself as a righteous man. But he took out these loans more than 20yrs ago not knowing that he would be looked up to today as the ONE. This shows the kind of man he his. [/b]

why would buhari borrow to build houses in kaduna, kano, katsina, abuja &l agos? Hw many houses will he stay in at d same time? Is ds nt dat corruption & greed we ar talking abt?
Must truth be as seen by u?
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Kewt: 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
Yaradua

-Demonstrated that he had a mind of his early in his administration by reversing some anti-people policies of the immediate Govt which he happens to be a beneficiary of. Reversal of petrol from N70 to N65.. Release of Lagos withheld funds..Reversal of sale of refineries to friends and cronies of immediate past administration.
-Had a clear vision and economical blueprint emasculated in the 7 point agenda
-Maintained and grew foreign reserves from $36B to $45B.
-Declared his assets on assumption of office
-Demonstrated commitment in solving the niger delta menace by creating ministry of niger delta
-Less corruption as less than N350NB was paid as subsidy in 2009
-Less interest in globe trotting and only embarks on religious pilgrimages or health trips
-Demonstrated free-ness when he openly announced his unwillingness to appeal should the supreme court rule against him on the elections that brought him to power
-Started the electoral reforms which he promised in his electoral speech
-Showed prudency and left more than N9b in the coffers of Kastina state govt after ruling for 8 yrs
-Built more roads in Kastina than any other state govt since inception
-Was never mentioned by EFCC as having a case to answer while he was governor of Kastina state
-Bode George was convicted and sentenced under his administration
-No fuel scarcity during his tenure despite that fuel sold for N65/litre pump price

Jonathan

-Has no mind of his. Always openly manipulated by his handlers.
-No clear vision of development or agenda for country’s growth only transformation and fresh air.
-Depleted foreign reserves by sharing same to governors in a bid to secure their support for his 2011 presidential ambition
-Was forced to declare his assets as vice president and openly admitted he does not not give a damn as president.
-Highest level of monumental corruption under his watch. Subsidy payment grew from N350B during Yaradua/OBJ tenure to close to N1 trillion and from about 15 licensed
companies to more than 100.
-Always globe trotting for every form of world occasion which included the world head of govt summit where Nigeria had the largest number of delegates
-Has always been cunny, desperate and power drunk. Bribing over 5,000 PDP delegates with $7,000 each during 2011 convention to beat Atiku, and His body language towards 2015 lays credence to this fact.
-No reasonable achievement can be traceable to him during his stay as Bayelsa Governor.
-He and his wife were accused of corruption by EFCC while he was Governor. Case file is now missing with no traces or links.
-No known criminal however small has been convicted under his administration. Alameseigha is a constant figure in Aso Rock and Tony Anenih sits as the chairman of NPA despite alleged fraud when he was minister of works. Several ministers in his govt have been accused of corruption without he doing anything about it.
-Misled Nigerians by claiming his fight aginst corruption is only second to that of US and that Nigeria under his watch attained 3rd postion in the fight against corruption.
-Failure to take a stand on the Farouk/Otedola mess which is still hanging without balance till today. (Otedola is also a regular face in Aso rock and is alleged to be a friend of Mr President)
-Unpecedented and high level of loss of lives and properties without he taking any decisive step. Instead, he keeps making unguarded statements like.. Terrorism is everywhere in the world, We should pray that behind BH should have a change of mind etc
-Keeps forming committee upon committee without any visible progress.
-Fuel scarcity despite buying fuel at between N110 and N120/litre.
-Penchant for excesses and wastages; N1b per day for food, N20B for purchase and maintenance of presidential jets, N16B for vice presidents lodge in Aso rock, N2B for Banquet hall etc

Summary
A reasonable ground for comparison is Motives and Antecedents.

While I will score Yaradua high on his motives and intention for Nigeria, GEJ scores abysmally low on that.

On antecedents while they were both Governors, Yaradua still beats GEJ hands down again.

All records are verifiable.

These are my thoughts.

11 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by taharqa: 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
*laugh wan killi me*... Smone once ask me one of d reasons why I support GEJ and i said cos of d people opposing him. That guy shld read dis thread to know what i meant.... Hw can a SANE person choose a Yar'adua who stalld everything Obj was doing (d only 'achievements' in 3yrs been reducing fuel price by #5 and granting amnesty to ND militants) to a President who in just 2 yrs hv bn clearing the MESS dat was Nigeria more than any Nigerian president within d period. Hw is dat even possible? Cos those ppl that oppose him so hv vowd to do so for ethnic, religious and political reasons, PERIOD..... And d great tin: THEY DONT MATTER, except on NL of course

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by coolted(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2012
I AM YET TO GET A SINGLE AGENDA OUT OF THE SEVEN POINT WHICH YARADUA PROMISE TO IMPLEMENT.
SECONDLY, WE ARE USED TO SEEING THE GOOD IN THE PAST PRESIDENTS. IS OBJ NOT BASHED DURING HIS TENURE? WHAT ABOUT YARADUA? TODAY, THEY ARE GOOD LEADERS. IF POSSIBLE WE CRAVE FOR THEIR RETURN TO POWER ONLY TO CONTINUE BASHING THEM.
GOSH! I LOVE NAIJA!
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
ehie: u think u are funny...funny thing is that...Death is knocking at ur door,but like a fool u dont even know it and am laughing at u..DYCKHEAD
You don't get it,Sour Cunthead.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by KnowAll(m): 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2012
[size=16pt]This time ladies and gentlemen give your votes to Buhari. The 74 Year old man would not steal your money, what does he want to do with it. Jo-Boy and his cronies has given governance their best shot, I must say thus " they are better than Yardua" whose(yardua's) regime allowed the country to be swaying rudderlessly all over the place, the treasury became the purvey of court-throats, undesirables, and fraudsaters like James Ibori who were playing to the gallery. Yes GEJ regime is better than Yar-dull, but Buhari would be a million times better than these chartalans, pretenders and bench-warmers in power.[/size]
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by muktarmtt(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, you dont have to tell us you'r from Niger delta or wherever. It is immaterial, even if you'r from Ghana. And for the fact that you did that, it makes your submission very suspicious. How can we confirm you'r from the Niger delta even if we want to go that route? You'r not a prophet that we can believe whatever you'v stated here as the truth.
Initially I didn't want to engage in this childish comparison but I changed my mind to avoid some mischief makers and depraved minds misleading children on this forum. If we sincerely want to compare two different govt, we should do that using parameters to measure the performance. It is not enough for political jobbers and depraved minds to say GEJ is better or Yar Adua is better. Lets take the parameters that matter one after the other
1) Elections: were our elections better organised during Yar Adua or GEJ. The Ekiti re-run election done under Yar Adua was a disaster. Every right thinking person will agree that elections under GEJ are better
2) Security: for me it worsened under GEJ SOLELY because of boko haram. But Yar Adua started boko haram when under his regime, the leader of boko haram was extra-judicially killed. During the Yar Adua period, there was also rampant kidnapping and all sorts of atrocities we see now
3) Power supply: Yar Adua stopped all the power projects started by OBJ. The construction of those power infrastructure only began again when GEJ came to power. Power supply is definitely better under GEJ
4) Aviation: our airports infrastructure and other aspect of aviation have definitely faired better under GEJ
5) Education: it should be remembered that it was under Yar Adua, when Sam Egwu was education minister, that our universities were shut for several months. Definitely, without iota of doubt, education is better under GEJ
5) Corruption: it was under Yar Adua that the EFCC and its leadership then, Ribadu, was completely dismantled. In the exact words of Ribadu "corruption took over the EFCC in 2007". The GEJ govt has re-focused the EFCC to a much better institution now. There is lot of exposure of corruption under GEJ- subsidy thieves, pension thieves,etc. I rate the incumbent slightly better in this regard
5) rail transport: definitely better under GEJ
6) road construction: i cant recall any major road re-construction or rehabilitation that took place under Yar Adua. It was under Yar Adua that Dieziani, as then minister of works, wept at the Benin-Ore road but still nothing was done on that road. I rate GEJ far far better
7) press freedom: media houses were hounded and sometimes closed under Yar Adua. I recall vividly that Gbenja Arulegba, the presenter of Focus Nigeria on AIT was forced out of the screen by the Yar Adua foot solders. The press is far far freer under GEJ
POINT 8: job creation: can anyone remind us of any direct job creation programmes under Yar Adua? I cant recall any. Under GEJ we had YOUWIN programme to empower 1,200 entrepreneurs annually, the women and youth empowerment scheme meant to employ 370,000 persons annually,etc I rate GEJ better
well don my broder. Hw much did dey pay funk ass u should ashame of ur self

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
[size=8pt][/size][b][/b]yaradua for president 2015
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by julianauche19: 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
yar adua good pass my people,as goodluck enter so many people no fit afford 3 square meals
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, you dont have to tell us you'r from Niger delta or wherever. It is immaterial, even if you'r from Ghana. And for the fact that you did that, it makes your submission very suspicious. How can we confirm you'r from the Niger delta even if we want to go that route? You'r not a prophet that we can believe whatever you'v stated here as the truth.
Initially I didn't want to engage in this childish comparison but I changed my mind to avoid some mischief makers and depraved minds misleading children on this forum. If we sincerely want to compare two different govt, we should do that using parameters to measure the performance. It is not enough for political jobbers and depraved minds to say GEJ is better or Yar Adua is better. Lets take the parameters that matter one after the other
1) Elections: were our elections better organised during Yar Adua or GEJ. The Ekiti re-run election done under Yar Adua was a disaster. Every right thinking person will agree that elections under GEJ are better
2) Security: for me it worsened under GEJ SOLELY because of boko haram. But Yar Adua started boko haram when under his regime, the leader of boko haram was extra-judicially killed. During the Yar Adua period, there was also rampant kidnapping and all sorts of atrocities we see now
3) Power supply: Yar Adua stopped all the power projects started by OBJ. The construction of those power infrastructure only began again when GEJ came to power. Power supply is definitely better under GEJ
4) Aviation: our airports infrastructure and other aspect of aviation have definitely faired better under GEJ
5) Education: it should be remembered that it was under Yar Adua, when Sam Egwu was education minister, that our universities were shut for several months. Definitely, without iota of doubt, education is better under GEJ
5) Corruption: it was under Yar Adua that the EFCC and its leadership then, Ribadu, was completely dismantled. In the exact words of Ribadu "corruption took over the EFCC in 2007". The GEJ govt has re-focused the EFCC to a much better institution now. There is lot of exposure of corruption under GEJ- subsidy thieves, pension thieves,etc. I rate the incumbent slightly better in this regard
6) road construction: i cant recall any major road re-construction or rehabilitation that took place under Yar Adua. It was under Yar Adua that Dieziani, as then minister of works, wept at the Benin-Ore road but still nothing was done on that road. I rate GEJ far far better
7) press freedom: media houses were hounded and sometimes closed under Yar Adua. I recall vividly that Gbenja Arulegba, the presenter of Focus Nigeria on AIT was forced out of the screen by the Yar Adua foot solders. The press is far far freer under GEJ
POINT 8: job creation: can anyone remind us of any direct job creation programmes under Yar Adua? I cant recall any. Under GEJ we had YOUWIN programme to empower 1,200 entrepreneurs annually, the women and youth empowerment scheme meant to employ 370,000 persons annually,etc I rate GEJ better
bro dont mind these people, they keep reasoning as if they are mentally tormented by satan, these group of people deserve to be ruled by a brute tyrant . everyone must benefit from this so called national cake.no group will dominate the other group
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by KnowAll(m): 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
Why compare 2nd best and 3rd best, and leave the main or best man(Buhari) out of the equation. This time Nigerians should vote for the best man, and forget all this ethnic loyalties. At least now all major tribes have tested power, it is time we put on our thinking cap and relegate sentiments to the dust-bin of history.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Taiw(m): 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, you dont have to tell us you'r
from Niger delta or wherever. It is
immaterial, even if you'r from Ghana. And
for the fact that you did that, it makes your
submission very suspicious. How can we confirm you'r from the Niger delta even if
we want to go that route? You'r not a
prophet that we can believe whatever
you'v stated here as the truth.
Initially I didn't want to engage in this
childish comparison but I changed my mind to avoid some mischief makers and
depraved minds misleading children on this
forum. If we sincerely want to compare two
different govt, we should do that using
parameters to measure the performance. It
is not enough for political jobbers and depraved minds to say GEJ is better or Yar
Adua is better. Lets take the parameters
that matter one after the other
1) Elections: were our elections better
organised during Yar Adua or GEJ. The Ekiti
re-run election done under Yar Adua was a disaster. Every right thinking person will
agree that elections under GEJ are better
2) Security: for me it worsened under GEJ
SOLELY because of boko haram. But Yar
Adua started boko haram when under his
regime, the leader of boko haram was extra-judicially killed. During the Yar Adua
period, there was also rampant kidnapping
and all sorts of atrocities we see now
3) Power supply: Yar Adua stopped all the
power projects started by OBJ. The
construction of those power infrastructure only began again when GEJ came to power.
Power supply is definitely better under GEJ
4) Aviation: our airports infrastructure and
other aspect of aviation have definitely
faired better under GEJ
5) Education: it should be remembered that it was under Yar Adua, when Sam Egwu
was education minister, that our
universities were shut for several months.
Definitely, without iota of doubt, education
is better under GEJ
5) Corruption: it was under Yar Adua that the EFCC and its leadership then, Ribadu,
was completely dismantled. In the exact
words of Ribadu "corruption took over the
EFCC in 2007". The GEJ govt has re-focused
the EFCC to a much better institution now.
There is lot of exposure of corruption under GEJ- subsidy thieves, pension thieves,etc. I
rate the incumbent slightly better in this
regard
6) road construction: i cant recall any major
road re-construction or rehabilitation that took place under Yar Adua. It was under Yar
Adua that Dieziani, as then minister of
works, wept at the Benin-Ore road but still
nothing was done on that road. I rate GEJ
far far better
7) press freedom: media houses were hounded and sometimes closed under Yar
Adua. I recall vividly that Gbenja Arulegba,
the presenter of Focus Nigeria on AIT was
forced out of the screen by the Yar Adua
foot solders. The press is far far freer under
GEJ POINT 8: job creation: can anyone remind
us of any direct job creation programmes
under Yar Adua? I cant recall any. Under GEJ
we had YOUWIN programme to empower
1,200 entrepreneurs annually, the women
and youth empowerment scheme meant to employ 370,000 persons annually,etc I rate
GEJ better

ur post shows how biased, childish and defencive u are.1. U forgot to mention how yar adua slashed d price of fuel and how GEJ increased it back. 2. What about the debt rate?since ur man became the prezido, nigeria's debt has been on the rise. 3 what about corruption? its obvious it worsened under GEJ. I can go on and on. I'm not a fan of both GEJ and yar adua, and even though yar adia ruled for a short time, he was better off

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by danny301: 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
There is not point comparing the two leaders.... Yar' dua, in my opinion had a program that come to be either becos of his ill-health or whatever, however he left his mark in the sand of time particularly in restoring peace to the Niger-delta region and he was able subdue boko-haram in his time but as for GEJ Nigerians have no reason to blame him becos it was evident even from his campaign that he had no clear cut vision or agenda for the country, he only talked about 'fresh air' and the fact that he had 'no shoes when he was in primary school' and majority of us who have humble backgrounds fell for him.... Nigerians' supports for GEJ was not based on any manifesto but purely on sentiment....... During the tussle for pdp candidacy, Atiku proved to have a better vision/ program for the country, though am not his fan but he had a salable program...... During the campaign for the general election Mallan Shekaru of ANPP proved to be ahead of all other presidential candidates by his manifesto-es..... GEJ on his part is lucky that Nigerians supported him sentimentally and not logically and i don't see that as his fault, we have to live with the out come of our decision and also learn our lesson that choosing a leader for a country like our takes something more than sentiment.......
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Mohammedekete: 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2012
I respect buhari all the way!
Knowledge9000: [b]I can say confidently that most of the people saying that Yar'Adua was better are the same naive, gullible individuals who voted for Jonathan while Buhari was a formidable option. Like they didn't expect Jonathan to be a failure. Trust me, go and check their voter's registration record or click on their Username and see their past posts during 2011 election...make sure you click their username and read their past posts during the 2011 election before attacking me as I have done this. Useless swines. The same id$iots will bypass Buhari again in 2015 and vote for another Retardeen and cry corruption, fuel scarcity, e.t.c. Some of us need to be dealt with mercilessly until we can say...I know the right thing to do. Here we have man like Buhari, who took out loans ( borrowed money from Bank) in the 80s and 90s to build the houses he owns in Abuja and Kaduna. Had he borrowed these monies, let's say 5 yrs ago, 10 yrs ago, then it would have been suspicious, as though he is trying to fuss himself as a righteous man. But he took out these loans more than 20yrs ago not knowing that he would be looked up to today as the ONE. This shows the kind of man he his. [/b]
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by miiraaj: 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
@op, how many times do you want to hear that GEJ is the worst ever President in the history of Nigeria? angry angry angry mtCHeeeeeeeW!
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Paulaok4(f): 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
Between the rock and a hard place.....I would just say both have bad points which nullify each other and leave them at the same point. Niether have been much good to Nigeria, both should have not ruled be ruling and continue ruling Nigeria
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2012
[quote
author=Knowledge9000][b]I can say confidently that most of the people
saying that Yar'Adua was better are the same naive, gullible individuals
who voted for Jonathan while Buhari was a formidable option. Like they
didn't expect Jonathan to be a failure. Trust me, go and check their
voter's registration record or click on their Username and see their
past posts during 2011 election...make sure you click their username and
read their past posts during the 2011 election before attacking me as I
have done this. Useless swines. The same id$iots will bypass Buhari
again in 2015 and vote for another Retardeen and cry corruption, fuel
scarcity, e.t.c. Some of us need to be dealt with mercilessly until we
can say...I know the right thing to do. Here we have man like Buhari,
who took out loans ( borrowed money from Bank) in the 80s and 90s to
build the houses he owns in Abuja and Kaduna. Had he borrowed these
monies, let's say 5 yrs ago, 10 yrs ago, then it would have been
suspicious, as though he is trying to fuss himself as a righteous man.
But he took out these loans more than 20yrs ago not knowing that he
would be looked up to today as the ONE. This shows the kind of man he
his. [/b][/quote]

You are a bad example of the product you are advertizing. The bitterness of mind with which you want to coax Nigerians into voting for your master, Buhari is something akin to Buhari's philosophy of violence. Just know that the worst of GEJ is better than the best of Buhari

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by donpeluchi(m): 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2012
How can u compare a president who reduced fuel price to one who increased it
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Mustymohd2: 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2012
onatisi: na wah ooooo . gej no dey get votes here ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
eventhough gej nama papa yaradua better pass am trillion times
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Lawalemi(m): 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
Warped minds and kids on NL! How did a sick irritating Yaradua that we all complained about performed better than Jonathan? Confused Nlanders.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Hardfact: 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2012
GEJ/Yaradua? GEJ may be not be my choice, but Musa is not better either.
For those extoling Yaradua, what better move could he have made than to relinguish power knowing full well his health status which makes him most unfit rather than cling till death took him some three years after!
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
A living Joe is better than a dead Umoru.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Hardfact: 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2012
KnowAll: [size=16pt]This time ladies and gentlemen give your votes to Buhari. The 74 Year old man would not steal your money, what does he want to do with power. Jo-Boy and his cronies has given governance their best shot, I must say thus " they are better than Yardua" whose(yardua's) regime allowed the country to be swaying rudderlessly all over the place, the treasury became the purvey of court-throats, undesirables, and fraudsaters like James Ibori who were playing to the gallery. Yes GEJ regime is better than Yar-dull, but Buhari would be a million times better than these chartalans, pretenders and bench-warmers in power.[/size]

74 years old Buhari is Nigeria's best candidate for presidency? Without him no one else can, not even among the opposition Mega coalition? undecided
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by eseosa77(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:

my friend if u are dizzy,u better go and sleep nd wake up.during yar adua na jand we dey,we were enjoying,economy far stable nd better.GEJ administeation is no time near yar adua.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by onagoodday1: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
brother, you are on point jooh...God bless ya..lov ur name
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by onagoodday1: 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
oluface: UNCLE PLEASE TELL US A STOWI... STORY STORY... (STORYYYYYYY)
how old are you? You just spoke like a neonate...run go fix the new year light we are discussing important matter here ok..be a good child!!
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2012
Kewt: Yaradua

-Demonstrated that he had a mind of his early in his administration by reversing some anti-people policies of the immediate Govt which he happens to be a beneficiary of. Reversal of petrol from N70 to N65.. Release of Lagos withheld funds..Reversal of sale of refineries to friends and cronies of immediate past administration.
-Had a clear vision and economical blueprint emasculated in the 7 point agenda
-Maintained and grew foreign reserves from $36B to $45B.
-Declared his assets on assumption of office
-Demonstrated commitment in solving the niger delta menace by creating ministry of niger delta
-Less corruption as less than N350NB was paid as subsidy in 2009
-Less interest in globe trotting and only embarks on religious pilgrimages or health trips
-Demonstrated free-ness when he openly announced his unwillingness to appeal should the supreme court rule against him on the elections that brought him to power
-Started the electoral reforms which he promised in his electoral speech
-Showed prudency and left more than N9b in the coffers of Kastina state govt after ruling for 8 yrs
-Built more roads in Kastina than any other state govt since inception
-Was never mentioned by EFCC as having a case to answer while he was governor of Kastina state
-Bode George was convicted and sentenced under his administration
-No fuel scarcity during his tenure despite that fuel sold for N65/litre pump price

Jonathan

-Has no mind of his. Always openly manipulated by his handlers.
-No clear vision of development or agenda for country’s growth only transformation and fresh air.
-Depleted foreign reserves by sharing same to governors in a bid to secure their support for his 2011 presidential ambition
-Was forced to declare his assets as vice president and openly admitted he does not not give a damn as president.
-Highest level of monumental corruption under his watch. Subsidy payment grew from N350B during Yaradua/OBJ tenure to close to N1 trillion and from about 15 licensed
companies to more than 100.
-Always globe trotting for every form of world occasion which included the world head of govt summit where Nigeria had the largest number of delegates
-Has always been cunny, desperate and power drunk. Bribing over 5,000 PDP delegates with $7,000 each during 2011 convention to beat Atiku, and His body language towards 2015 lays credence to this fact.
-No reasonable achievement can be traceable to him during his stay as Bayelsa Governor.
-He and his wife were accused of corruption by EFCC while he was Governor. Case file is now missing with no traces or links.
-No known criminal however small has been convicted under his administration. Alameseigha is a constant figure in Aso Rock and Tony Anenih sits as the chairman of NPA despite alleged fraud when he was minister of works. Several ministers in his govt have been accused of corruption without he doing anything about it.
-Misled Nigerians by claiming his fight aginst corruption is only second to that of US and that Nigeria under his watch attained 3rd postion in the fight against corruption.
-Failure to take a stand on the Farouk/Otedola mess which is still hanging without balance till today. (Otedola is also a regular face in Aso rock and is alleged to be a friend of Mr President)
-Unpecedented and high level of loss of lives and properties without he taking any decisive step. Instead, he keeps making unguarded statements like.. Terrorism is everywhere in the world, We should pray that behind BH should have a change of mind etc
-Keeps forming committee upon committee without any visible progress.
-Fuel scarcity despite buying fuel at between N110 and N120/litre.
-Penchant for excesses and wastages; N1b per day for food, N20B for purchase and maintenance of presidential jets, N16B for vice presidents lodge in Aso rock, N2B for Banquet hall etc

Summary
A reasonable ground for comparison is Motives and Antecedents.

While I will score Yaradua high on his motives and intention for Nigeria, GEJ scores abysmally low on that.

On antecedents while they were both Governors, Yaradua still beats GEJ hands down again.

All records are verifiable.

These are my thoughts.
I think in whatever we do TRUTH should be constant. It is DEVILISH to use bare faced LIES to justify our points. If we dont have points, you can state whoever is your choice and move on rather than resort to LIES! Like I always say shame on all liars.
POINT OF CORRECTION:
1) fuel subsidy payments in 2009 was not N350billion. It N463billion
http://www.ghanamma.com/2012/03/pppra-neiti-reconcile-fuel-subsidy-expenditure/
2) It is a shameless LIE to say there was no scarcity under Yar Adua. In the whole of 2009, there was acute and SEVERE fuel scarcity nationwide.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201001110687.html
http://fnc0486./2010/03/12/rilwanu-lukman-the-controversial-mr-fuel-scarcity/
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by eseosa77(m): 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:

my friend if u are dizzy,u better go and sleep nd wake up.during yar adua na jand we dey,we were enjoying,economy far stable nd better.GEJ administeation is no time near yar adua.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by ProfSule(m): 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:

U re very very stupid, where were u wen yardua settled niger delta's issue. who brought about seven point agenda? hw did hw leave in his account b4 he died? nt upto a billion!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Henry Okah's Accomplice, Edmond Ebiwere, Jailed For Life / BOKOHARAM Is Dead!Celebrating no xmas bombing first time in 6yrs,Yeepee!!! / Enugu Group Raises Alarm Over Destruction Of PDP Billboards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.