Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave (20786 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Help My Mother-inlaw Asked My Husband To Walk Out Of Our Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by babymama3: 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
donchris369:

Hahahahaha. Baby the mama!! Take am easy ooo. This op is not matured at all. He should be like 23 or 24 years. When he grows up, he will look back regret all his actions
. Mum and girlfriend in a meeting?

I don't want this to the misunderstood but I can bet my last dime,this poster cannot be an Igbo man
Most Igbo men won't even introduce their girl to their mother unless they have become 100% sure she is the one and there is no way on earth he will be shacking up with the woman on a permanent basis while his mother is under the same roof.
If he is in Lagos shacking up and mama is about to embark on a journey from Onitsha,the woman will go find a temporary abode quick quick and visit from there. grin

I had a non Igbo friend that was unsure if her man was about to propose
He is an Igbo guy
I asked two questions,have you met his family members,have you met his mother?
She said yes,he has taken her to meet his mother and his Older sister
I said eziokwu
Una dey altar already for St Paul's Nnobi na
I said Nne relax now the ring is on the way.
You met mama and older sister?
That is the sure sign
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by bukatyne(f): 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
baby_mama:

With who and who?
What an insult
[size=18pt]
How dare you have round table meetings between your mother and a girlfriend
Are you crazy?
As I type,the woman you will eventually marry may be in Asaba right now hopping unto an Ekene bus bound for Jibowu
oh yes,,after all you have not paid bride price on anyone yet,it could be anyone
and you are in Lagos doing round table
If I were your mother I won't take kindly to that rubbish[/size]
We don't know the kind of meeting the OP wants to have with the both of them. I like the idea of the meeting since the event involved them both at the same time. However, the way the OP handles the meeting determines the outcome. He should make sure his babe apologizies to his mother. Besides, he intends to marry her in 3 mths so she is no longer a GF and I believe she's not a stranger to the OP's mother. If they don't agree now, when will they agree? Change is gradual and not sharp that's why a MIL to be that doesn't respect the DIL to be can't suddenly change after marriage and vice versa. We complain that men over demand respect yet we are guilty of the same thing. We maltreat house - helps, younger ones, DILs, and everyone below us by age or position. Why can't the OP's mom have a meeting with the OP's wife - to - be?
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ Baby_mama You should have asked round table with who instead of throwing insults.

Why would I set a round table meeting involving my mum with my woman.
Please, spare me. I have respect and I can't even imagine myself insulting her (my mum)

I asked the house what to do, because I had never experienced or seen my mum react that way, maybe because I never brought girl to the house. Until I left her house.

The best way to deal with family issues is when outside or unrelated families tell you the truth. That's what nairalanders seek to do.

POINT OF CORRECT --- THERE WAS NO MEETING involving MY woman AND my MOTHER.

HOUSE ask questions BEFORE adding to the aforementioned topic
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by babymama3: 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
YoungSalute: @ Baby_mama You should have asked round table with who instead of throwing insults.

Please, spare me. I have respect and I can't even imagine myself insulting her (my mum)

I asked the house what to do, because I had never experienced or seen my mum react that way, maybe because I never brought girl to the house. Until I left her house.

The best way to deal with family issues is when outside or unrelated families tell you the truth. That's what nairalanders seek to do.

I for say
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
@bukatyne.... Thank you o !
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by bukatyne(f): 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
YoungSalute: @bukatyne.... Thank you o !

you could have the round table talk with them both after seeing them individually. The joint round table will just be for joint apologies! You know all the 'she's your daughter','she didn't mean it that way'etc while kneeling and prostrating lol! However, I don't support co - habiting. Let your baby winklook for a place to stay for the next 3mths till the wedding. I wish you all the best.
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by bukatyne(f): 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
YoungSalute: @bukatyne.... Thank you o !

you could have the round table talk with them both after seeing them individually. The joint round table will just be for joint apologies! You know all the 'she's your daughter','she didn't mean it that way'etc while kneeling and prostrating lol! However, I don't support co - habiting. Let your baby winklook for a place to stay for the next 3mths till the wedding. I wish you all the best.

My 2kobo
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by donchris369: 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
bukatyne: We don't know the kind of meeting the OP wants to have with the both of them. I like the idea of the meeting since the event involved them both at the same time. However, the way the OP handles the meeting determines the outcome. He should make sure his babe apologizies to his mother. Besides, he intends to marry her in 3 mths so she is no longer a GF and I believe she's not a stranger to the OP's mother. If they don't agree now, when will they agree? Change is gradual and not sharp that's why a MIL to be that doesn't respect the DIL to be can't suddenly change after marriage and vice versa. We complain that men over demand respect yet we are guilty of the same thing. We maltreat house - helps, younger ones, DILs, and everyone below us by age or position. Why can't the OP's mom have a meeting with the OP's wife - to - be?

Hey, I don't blame you. if your children grow, you can be having meetings with their girlfriend. No wahala. That's for you sha, stop misleading the op, its a big insult. Well no need to argue with you, as you lay your bed so you lie on it.
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
First I must appreciate each and everyone of you contribution, the fight, argument and etc

I took some of the write up and neglected some though, not because I didn't respect their views.

My woman did nothing and never exchanged words with my mum. She was shocked too

Like I said, she was cooking yam, gas got finished and she left the food without storage. My mum got angry because my woman didn't put the yam inside fridge.

Well... Back to verdict

They must live in peace or I will ask THEM to stay away from me. I can't imagine myself having BP ( Blood Pressure ) now.

I asked mum to correct my woman and she agreed to educate her more about KITCHEN now that she's around us.

Finally, my woman came around to say SORRY.

I went out to get chicken, before I got back. They were watching THE TUDORS

Wedding things now.

THE END.

Thank you Nairalanders
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by postemail: 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
bukatyne: you could have the round table talk with them both after seeing them individually. The joint round table will just be for joint apologies! You know all the 'she's your daughter','she didn't mean it that way'etc while kneeling and prostrating lol! However, I don't support co - habiting. Let your baby winklook for a place to stay for the next 3mths till the wedding. I wish you all the best.

My 2kobo

Joint apology ko! Abi I no understand you well. You mean say babe go apologize to mama, then mama go apologize to babe? " when trouble sleep, yanga go wake am, na palava e dey find".
Guy, if you read all the yans for here, you go see say babes on NL dey support their fellow babe pass mama.
But as I like you reach, make you no support your babe infront of your mama. Remember you na guy man. If say na the babe make mama unhappy, try make mama happy....kill fowl for mama. Whenever mama no dey house, make you flog that babe toto well well so that she no go ever make mama angry again. After that come follow us sitdown for Alhaja place make we watch ManU vs Chelsea. Nothing do you... One gulder for you.
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by donchris369: 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
Nice one bro. May they stay in peace in jesus name. But no send your mama away ooo because of your so-called high pressure. No even try am. Kudos anyway.
YoungSalute: First I must appreciate each and everyone of you contribution, the fight, argument and etc

I took some of the write up and neglected some though, not because I didn't respect their views.

Like I said, she was cooking yam, gas got finished and she left the food without storage. My mum got angry because my woman didn't put the yam inside fridge.

Well... Back to verdict

They must live in peace or I will ask THEM to stay away from me. I can't imagine myself having BP ( Blood Pressure ) now.

I asked mum to correct my woman and she agreed to educate her more about KITCHEN now that she's around us.

I went out to get kitchen, before I got back. They were watching THE TUDORS

Wedding things now.

THE END.
E
Thank you Nairalanders
T

Nice one bro. May they stay in peace in jesus name.
But, never for any reason send your mum away, because of your so-called high pressure. Hahahahaha. Kudos man

Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
[quote author=donchris369][/quote]

Amen . No reasons for her (mum) to be angry again.

I intentionally allowed days to pass, came to Nairaland to solicit for undiluted solution.
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
First I must appreciate each and everyone of you contribution, the fight, argument and etc

Well... Back to verdict

Wedding things now.

THE END.
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Ashmark(m): 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
Honestly am nt goin 2 blame your mummy.Al you jst ve 2 do is talk 2 ur mummy nd let her realize somethings which I believe she'll listen 2 you.Who knws maybe ur wife can't cook or she's lazy dt's why she's actin dt way...For all you ladies that are castigatin ds woman,dnt worry ur tyme wil soon reach...
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by SisiKill1: 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
LMFAO @ having a round table meeting with momma and GF.

He da man and he gon lay the law down like da man he is. cheesy cheesy
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by SisiKill1: 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
YoungSalute: @ Baby_mama You should have asked round table with who instead of throwing insults.

Awww there is some sense in there after all!!

Good for you!!! grin grin
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by kaboninc(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
bukatyne: you could have the round table talk with them both after seeing them individually. The joint round table will just be for joint apologies! You know all the 'she's your daughter','she didn't mean it that way'etc while kneeling and prostrating lol! However, I don't support co - habiting. Let your baby winklook for a place to stay for the next 3mths till the wedding. I wish you all the best.

Do really know what you're saying? Hw can you have a round table talk about issues like this between you, your son and a woman who's not even your daughter in law? There's what they call respect. And by not having such a round table means you have respect.

Pls that advice, I don't go with it. Personally I think the mum is trying to send across a message to her son that she's not comfortable with this arrangement. He has to marry her.
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Beync(f): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
YoungSalute: First I must appreciate each and everyone of you contribution, the fight, argument and etc

Well... Back to verdict

Wedding things now.

THE END.
This movie suppose get part two

waitin 4 d invite
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by bukatyne(f): 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
post.email:

Joint apology ko! Abi I no understand you well. You mean say babe go apologize to mama, then mama go apologize to babe? " when trouble sleep, yanga go wake am, na palava e dey find".
Guy, if you read all the yans for here, you go see say babes on NL dey support their fellow babe pass mama.
But as I like you reach, make you no support your babe infront of your mama. Remember you na guy man. If say na the babe make mama unhappy, try make mama happy....kill fowl for mama. Whenever mama no dey house, make you flog that babe toto well well so that she no go ever make mama angry again. After that come follow us sitdown for Alhaja place make we watch ManU vs Chelsea. Nothing do you... One gulder for you.
you didn't read well my broda. I said d OP and babe should jointly apologize to mama kneeling and prostrating o. I don't support people unnecessarily.
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Mercyu1(f): 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ Youngsalute,U are very wrong 2 let ur mother live under d same roof wit u n ur wife in d 1st place .Dt union is b/w u n ur wife alone n ur privacy is very important.Ur mother can come visiting but nt 2 stay pemanently wit u.Dt she was rubbed is nt even enof reason 4 her 2 come live wit u n ur wife.Send ur mother 2 her home respectfully now b4 it becomes too late cos one day,ur wifey may no longer b able 2 tolerate her n dis may ruin ur marriage.It is never advisable 2 let a 3rd party cum into one's marital affairs. BE WISE
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by bukatyne(f): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
donchris369:

Hey, I don't blame you. if your children grow, you can be having meetings with their girlfriend. No wahala. That's for you sha, stop misleading the op, its a big insult. Well no need to argue with you, as you lay your bed so you lie on it.
I don't understand dis do you know who I am mentality we have. Who is misleading d OP? Did you read my post at all? What's wrong with d OP and the gal apologizing together to d mom? Is the babe not leaving with d OP
P? I don't know why some people can't think outside d box n re so stereotyped. If I were d OP's mom, I would appreciate d joint apology.
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
God has really blessed u with a quiet wife.God will intervene soon.But my guy I no go lie for u for say I be ur wife.You no go get problem at all.Na my in-I law go run comet for the house.You can imagine coming home to see ur mom singing "...Satan don fall for ground o" and I will shaking my bombom ,stomping my feet on the ground with a thunderous "macham macham".or she starts complaining of waist pain becos there seems to be groundnut oil on everywhere she steps her feet in the house...... grin
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by bukatyne(f): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
kaboninc:

Do really know what you're saying? Hw can you have a round table talk about issues like this between you, your son and a woman who's not even your daughter in law? There's what they call respect. And by not having such a round table means you have respect.

Pls that advice, I don't go with it. Personally I think the mum is trying to send across a message to her son that she's not comfortable with this arrangement. He has to marry her.
Each man to his own. We see things in different ways. Reread my post without preconceived bias and tell me what is wrong.
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Goldieluks: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
KenGali: Tired of reading all these skewed post.

[size=16pt]The Lady in Question is not the OP's wife, just a live-in Lover!!!![/size]

Even if she's just a girl friend. The OP is a man and he's suppose to handle situations like a real man. Don't be surprise if he's married today, I believe the mother is also going to look for faults in the wife also.
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Ashmark(m): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
I dnt knw why al ds ladies r tryin 2 mislead ds guy....Guy am sure witout anybody's advice,U shld b able 2 create peace in ur home..What if you're nt on NL?...Ask ur girl what she's doin dt mama doesn't like e.t.c and solve d issue amicably.U'r nt d 1st 2 xperience ds kind of tin and u wnt be d last...I wish you joy in ur marriage#Sorry you neva marry#...Joy in ur relatnshp
Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by Abali1(m): 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2013

Well... Back to verdict

Wedding things now.

THE END.

Op, congrats. Finally you were able to resolve this conflict amicably.

Some people here were making all type of conclusions... how the mother was annoyed that the girl is a live-in lover and should take hike bla bla bla.

In some situation, you don't just rush into conclusion. If mama was indeed pissed that baby-gal was living with her son before marriage, what will it take to call the son and say "boy, I don't like the idea of co-habiting with a girl you are not married to, I want her to leave this house soonest "
It was all a kind of power show on the part of mama and I believe this will not be the last of this kind of power show. Even when op finally marries that girl, she better find a way of managing mama's ego or else....

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave by dayokanu(m): 3:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
Goldieluks:

Even if she's just a girl friend. The OP is a man and he's suppose to handle situations like a real man. Don't be surprise if he's married today, I believe the mother is also going to look for faults in the wife also.

[size=18pt]Thats wrong. Only a wife has a right a Girlfriend has no right either culturally or even Legally[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Study On How To Avoid Adultery In Your Marriage / Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? / How To End A Marriage In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.