Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Reseller Hosting Made Easy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reseller Hosting Made Easy (2335 Views)

Double Your Money Over The Weekend In Sports Bet Made Easy / FX Trade Made Easy / America, Dubai, South Africa ...... Visa Made Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
Some days ago I wrote about making money without spending a dime but today I will be starting a new series along the MMO topic. The online business idea for today is reseller hosting which I believe can help you make a lot of money with minimal initial investment and support mechanism.

What is reseller web hosting?
Reseller hosting is a business model whereby your web hosting account resources (disk space, bandwidth, cpanel like tools, software etc) can be shared with your own customers or third parties to help host their websites.

How can the reseller hosting business work for you?
The money making opportunity that I would like to discuss here can work very well in nigeria where web hosting is still an expensive thing due to localization. I am talking about $4 or 5 for very basic hosting services unless somebody opts for hosting abroad.
Now if you are able to provide quality hosting services for something like $2 per month, there will be a lot of blogs and mini websites that will be interested in your services. Now let’s calculate what it takes to run such a reseller business.

1. Find a good reseller host provider

You can find excellent reseller hosting services. They will provide you all technical infrastructure for disk space, bandwidth, email accounts,website design, maintenance and billing management of your own customers.

2. Brand name & website for your hosting service
Next, you need to have a website where you provide your hosting services. You need to have basic interfaces to promote your services, offer your packages etc. Rest of the things (e.g. billing modules) will be provided by the hosting service. If you are providing very cheap hosting service, you may not need to provide customer support. Otherwise, you may need to provide contact information for support. By the way, if you are a blogger, you can even offer these services on your blog itself. I know this part sounds difficult, well its very easy as all you need will be provided.

3. Create your hosting plans
Here we are talking about splitting your $20 per month reseller plan into something like 50 or 100 slices whereby you charge your customers $1 to $3 per month.
An example is given below.

Your investment
Your premium reseller package: $20
(Note: There are much cheaper options available)

Your returns
Please note that you can get up to 240 clients that fetches up to $480 pm on an investment of $20, just charge 2$ monthly and you good to go.

The tricks of the reseller business model
The following are the tricks and challenges for the reseller hosting online business model.
Go local

A lot of people who are exposed to unlimited good quality shared hosting for $5 or $7 per month may ridicule this idea. But to be frank, there are 1000s of people who pay big hosting charges in their local currencies every month – either due to their lack of awareness or they want to pay in local currencies only and want to be in touch with the local people.
Cheap service, good quality

Of course, nobody can provide unlimited bandwidth and disk space for a $1 or $2 service.
Offer attractive packages without support

Minimizing the customer support effort is the key to make a good margin in the case of reseller hosting business. You have to make the offers at very cheap prices with a disclaimer on no customer support. You can add a premium for email or phone support but even in this case it works out cheaper.
Low initial investment

You can start with one reseller account and keep upgrading it or go for additional accounts (recommended) as your business grow.
Challenges
Hosting is steadily becoming cheaper and cheaper especially due to dropping hardware prices and increased bandwidth availability. Hence at some point, it is going to affect your margins. But in developing nations, it is going to take five or ten years before hosting services are available at dead cheap prices.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
Which we hosting provider has the cheapest reseller bargains.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
Brand_new: Which we hosting provider has the cheapest reseller bargains.
You will need to check google for the cheapest but resellerpanel offers 2.5$ monthly
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2012
demoreon:
You will need to check google for the cheapest but resellerpanel offers 2.5$ monthly
Is it unlimited domains? That means you will have to design ur website where people can place orders from but it won't be automated.
Like customers will make payments to you and you will in turn fulfill their orders for them after confirming such payments.
Am I correct?
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
Brand_new:
Is it unlimited domains? That means you will have to design ur website where people can place orders from but it won't be automated.
Like customers will make payments to you and you will in turn fulfill their orders for them after confirming such payments.
Am I correct?
Everything is automated, go to there website to get more details
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
demoreon:
Everything is automated, go to there website to get more details
But they don't have Naira on their currency list and that would be a big problem here in Nigeria.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 9:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
Brand_new: But they don't have Naira on their currency list and that would be a big problem here in Nigeria.
No website has naira on its currency list
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 01, 2013
demoreon:
No website has naira on its currency list
That's not true because I know one that has but their price is not competitive enough so I suggest you should do your research well before conclusion.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 1:38pm On Jan 01, 2013
Brand_new:
That's not true because I know one that has but their price is not competitive enough so I suggest you should do your research well before conclusion.
Give one website that has naira on its list,I don't use resellerpanel, I only pointed at it cos you requested for the cheapest. Aiit its obvious you good with google, try get more info.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by haruna1970(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
@demoreon: I registered with payoneer but they are demanding for the scan of my national id or drivers' license. What if I don't have? The alternatives? Thanks for being there for us.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
haruna1970: @demoreon: I registered with payoneer but they are demanding for the scan of my national id or drivers' license. What if I don't have? The alternatives? Thanks for being there for us.
If you can't provide the alternatives then you get no accountsmiley intl passport cost abt 14k,try get one, I heard drivers licence is abt 3500 nt too sure but you need a verification Id to proceed.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by haruna1970(m): 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
demoreon:
If you can't provide the alternatives then you get no accountsmiley intl passport cost abt 14k,try get one, I heard drivers licence is abt 3500 nt too sure but you need a verification Id to proceed.
I'm just asking. I have national Id.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
haruna1970: I'm just asking. I have national Id.
National Id can be used, jst scan and send it to them.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by arbitrage: 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
demoreon:
Give one website that has naira on its list,I don't use resellerpanel, I only pointed at it cos you requested for the cheapest. Aiit its obvious you good with google, try get more info.

smartwebng.com
whogohost.com
and many others that charge in naira.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by CarlosDopipi: 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
demoreon:I need that package on domain flipping please. Any help will be appreciated thomfitz@ymail.com
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 12:51am On Mar 05, 2013
CarlosDopipi: demoreon:I need that package on domain flipping please. Any help will be appreciated thomfitz@ymail.com
check ur mail
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by Knaruto(m): 3:44am On Mar 05, 2013
demoreon: check ur mail
plz i need the package on domain flipping also. My mail address is timothyonwuzulike@yahoo.com
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by Osaenoma: 6:53am On Mar 05, 2013
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 9:25am On Mar 05, 2013
Knaruto: plz i need the package on domain flipping also. My mail address is timothyonwuzulike@yahoo.com
Osaenoma: @ Demoreon, pls kindly help me with the package. andy200ic@yahoo.com
Chk ur mail
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by haruna1970(m): 11:32am On Mar 05, 2013
@demoreon: plz i need the package on domain flipping
also. My mail address is harunanosiru@yahoo.com
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
haruna1970: @demoreon: plz i need the package on domain flipping
also. My mail address is harunanosiru@yahoo.com
I haven't heard from your regarding fiverr.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by haruna1970(m): 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
@demoreon: {I haven't heard from your regarding fiverr.} Its not working for me. I am confused.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
haruna1970: @demoreon: {I haven't heard from your regarding fiverr.} Its not working for me. I am confused.
Send a mail to me
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by emailguru: 6:03am On Mar 07, 2013
All it takes is your determination to succeed in this business, have a website built for you, determine your price, then drive traffic to your business. That is it.

You can make lots of money by doing this business on a large scale provided you have the know how. Proving Hosting Services is one business that I know will last for a very long time to come and it will keep generating recurrent revenue for you till death. Its one of the internet business model I will advice people to consider.
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 10:31am On Mar 07, 2013
emailguru: All it takes is your determination to succeed in this business, have a website built for you, determine your price, then drive traffic to your business. That is it.

You can make lots of money by doing this business on a large scale provided you have the know how. Proving Hosting Services is one business that I know will last for a very long time to come and it will keep generating recurrent revenue for you till death. Its one of the internet business model I will advice people to consider.

That's what I call passive income smiley...work once nd d money keeps spinning
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by Iykecollins(m): 11:44am On Mar 07, 2013
demoreon:

That's what I call passive income smiley...work once nd d money keeps spinning
Please I am interested in material on domail flipping and comprehensive material on this reseller hosting, my email is iykecollins@gmail.com, thanks 4 d info
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by tabletgirl: 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
Me too pls. I'm interested. Rebekaholayemi@yahoo.com
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 9:02am On Mar 22, 2013
Iykecollins:
Please I am interested in material on domail flipping and comprehensive material on this reseller hosting, my email is iykecollins@gmail.com, thanks 4 d info
tablet_girl: Me too pls. I'm interested. Rebekaholayemi@yahoo.com
Check your mails
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by tabletgirl: 4:40am On Mar 23, 2013
Hello, so sorry. Could you send it again? Couldn't find it. Thank u so much
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by tabletgirl: 4:42am On Mar 23, 2013
rebekaholayemi@yahoo.com
Re: Reseller Hosting Made Easy by demoreon: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
tablet_girl: rebekaholayemi@yahoo.com
Chk ur box

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deals.vconnect.com: Great Choice For Online Shopping? / Procedures And Guideline On Business Permit And Expatriate Quota In Nigeria. / Download Proposals For Your SMS Business FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.