|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,054,887 members, 4,421,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 August 2018 at 09:59 PM
|22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by k2039(m): 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2012|
I clocked 22 a day ago, I decided to share some of the lessons about life in general that I picked up in my few years on earth.
1. Failures are only lessons. Failure gives you another opportunity to achieve success. Until you give up you are not yet a failure.
2. You can’t take things too personally, rarely do people do things because of you. They do things because of them.
3. Two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different, eventually it boils down to understanding the other person's perspective.
4. Never hesitate to apologise when you are wrong, it doesn't signify weakness, it only shows that you are brave enough to acknowledge your mistake.
5. Law of attraction is real, as a man thinketh so he is, do not allow yourself to be limited by your beliefs. In the end, you will achieve what your mind believes.
6 Never force a relationship. If somebody doesn't want to stick with you, take it as a signal that you are better off without them.
7. The day you realise that you are the custodian of your destiny, that you are responsible for all that happens to you, is the day you have grown.
8. Don't ever judge any one until you have been in their shoes. Until you have been through what they have been through, you can't feel the same way they felt.
9. No matter how much you try to please everyone, you will always have haters, so the smartest thing is to please the one person that matters, yourself.
10. No one is indispensable, evident by the fact that when people die, we live on with our lives. So never allow your life to be dependent on someone else.
11. Karma is real, what you sow you shall reap.
12. Don’t worry too much about what other people think about you. That someone think you are a fool doesn't necessarily mean you are. Take critisism positively, examine it from the others point of view and learn if there is anything to learn or discard it. You will not get to your destination if you pay attention to every dog that barks.
13. Life is'nt a smooth ride on your way to success, you will encounter obstacles and take detours while realizing your dreams. Never lose focus of your dream, stick to it.
14. Never start what you won't finish, always begin with the end in mind, be certain you have enough resources to go through the journey, figure out all that can go wrong and make necessary correction factors.
15. Words are powerful, be careful what you say to people, because words can destroy relationships.
16. Read a lot. You’ll be exposed to more ideas. For every important moment and stage in your life, there is a Great Book that can offer you invaluable lessons and place your unique experiences in a larger perspective.
17. There’s a big difference between knowing and doing. Knowledge is basically useless without action.
18. Life isn’t fair, bad things happen to good people and good things also happen to bad people so never get bitter about your situation.
19. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
20. There is absolutely nothing you can do about your past, except to learn and move into your future. If you live in the past, you will never have a future.
21. There is something good in everyone and there is something bad about everyone. So focus on their good qualities, what you focus on you magnify.
22. No one is infallible, always make provision for human errors, the people you trust will hurt you at a point, human beings will always be human beings
I got this from a friend this morning and I decided to add it.
So much can happen in a year. No matter where you are in your life, or where you want to go, it will not be the same place as one year ago, today; and if it is then you are doing something wrong. In one year, you can fall or rise, bend or break, love or hate hundreds of times and all that matters is whom you become while standing on the other side of that year. A year can make all the difference. Just give yourself a year.
Happy new year, I wish everyone an adventurous and glorious 2013, I love you all.
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Chokolee(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2012|
Nice piece, i must say; this could make a good book if only you would elaborate on your very good points you have got.
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Caseless: 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2012|
hmmmmm......nice and sumtous!
i couldn't skip any line until i got to the last one.............this is thoughtful of u!
1-10......dey break my head, but na number 6 $ 10 hammer my head pass.
happy belated birthday,bro!
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Caseless: 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2012|
Chokolee: Nice piece, i must say; this could make a good book if only you would elaborate on your very good points you have got.he was trying to play to ur signature by not elaborating more on some points.......'him no wan chop alone , die alone'. u fit help sha...............
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by k2039(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2012|
Chokolee: Nice piece, i must say; this could make a good book if only you would elaborate on your very good points you have got.I will write a book later in the future, more like autobiography, I had to make it brief because personaly for me I'm not a fan of long post so I had to make it as brief as possible. Thanks for the nice word, I'm grateful.
caseless: hmmmmm......nice and sumtous!i couldn't skip any line until i got to the last one.............this is thoughtful of u!Thank you so much.
Beside, points 6 and 10, sounds like someone has a crush on someone who just doesn't seem to care. It is well.
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Chokolee(m): 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2012|
caseless: he was trying to play to ur signature by not elaborating more on some points.......'him no wan chop alone , die alone'. u fit help sha...............Hihihihihihihihihi; uncle, sure i will
k2039:You are welcome bro, i like reading too; though mostly found with inspirationals and qoutes..
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Mynd44: 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2012|
Can't read that
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 01, 2013|
Great lessons for us all.
Hope 2013 brings you new life lessons and many blessings.
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2013|
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by k2039(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2013|
Wizee: Nice piece.Thank you so much.
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 01, 2013|
k2039: Thank you so much.ur welcum, hope ur flexing the new year
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by greatgod2012(f): 5:50am On Jan 02, 2013|
Wonderful write-up, im always thrilled with d way you write and i wouldnt be surprised, if after a short while, i start seeing books written by you on bookshop shelves.
Happy New Year, bro.
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Tobbylobar(m): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2013|
Nice 1 bro....keep it up...dat no 6 got me thinking...
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by k2039(m): 10:06am On Jan 02, 2013|
Tobbylobar: Nice 1 bro....keep it up...dat no 6 got me thinking...
The way relationship works, she also has to be attracted, you can't keep chasing, she also has to chase, attraction is like a magnet with opposite poles. The more you chase, the more she repels if she is'nt attracted. If she is not attracted, there is little you can do, it doesn't mean she is bad, it just means she doesn't feel the attraction for you just as you also are not attracted to every single girl on earth.
@Wizee, new year is ok and I'm fine.
@Greatgod2012, e se pupo ma.
@SniperInADiaper, thank you dear.
@Mynd_44, they are actualy stuffs you know anyway. [/color]
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Caseless: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2013|
k2039:u are welcome , bro!
About 6 $ 6, u've said it all.
|Re: 22 Lessons I Have Learnt In 22 Years by Caseless: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2013|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80