Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today (21911 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Road Construction At Azikiwe Street, Port Hacourt,Rivers State / Crowds Besiege INEC Office In Port-Hacourt / Ameachi And Dakuku Peterside Stroll Casually On The Streets Of Port-hacourt.pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by gogodaye(m): 12:07am On Jan 01, 2013
Come to think of it, the OP should know that he's alarmist thread on the Gov's action won't earn him our (right thinking NLs) approbiumonce. As once more one is left to ponder on the rationale for the criticisms of the OP for the Gov's action. Not too long ago when he meted out this same measure to the NDDC chieftain we all applauded. We should learn to not only do but be heard and seen standing up for what is right as well not minding whose ox is gored. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by demmy55(m): 1:00am On Jan 01, 2013
checkeni9:

Wonder about how some people think. Has he not tried enough? He is one of three or four good governors in nigeria. He can't fix everything alone but he has more than tried. Haba. Were those drivers doing the right thing?

Did Amaechi himself do the right thing by taking the "5th" lane meant for oncoming vehicles while leaving? Leadership is by example sis.
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by kawkab: 1:25am On Jan 01, 2013
debrief08: Serves you right. Are you meant to form multiple lanes?
Nigerians are horrible traffic offenders, they form multiple lanes get on side walks, abuse you for obeying traffic lights, Blosck intersections, block the path to the left or right in traffic even when they are going straight.
I don't blame Governors like Fashola and Ameachi who to deal with thugs become thugs to as it is the only language we understand. Like Fashola said if you won't obey traffic laws go back to your village.
The way we act sometimes makes me think animals are better. As long as they can't pass in traffic no one else must pass, They wickedly take a street and make it one way abusing you who has the right of way

Anytime there is a slight hold up, most Nigerians would form 3 or 4 lanes whereas if everyone stays on a single lane movement may be slow but there would still be movement.

Have you ever wondered why people would spend hours on Lokoja-abuja Road, Benin Ore Road etc, aside from the fact that the roads are not too good, anytime there is a slight obstruction people would form form multiple lanes, even blocking the on-coming vehicles and totaling halting traffic.

In the cities once there is power outage at traffic junctions the madness in most motorist manifest. For every slight hold up people form multiple lanes. The painful fact is that you see them with big cars well dressed and supposedly looking responsible. A lot of these cars have religious stickers on their cars yet, they cant conduct themselves properly.

It so frustrating, some even get up to the extent of abiusing traffic wardens. Force and brutish action is the only thing these set of motories understands. Unfortunately they are in the majority in Nigeria
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by todasensual: 1:28am On Jan 01, 2013
[left][/left]
Technocracy: This is to inform the generality of Nigerians on the near draconian attitude of Gov ameachi,who today seized the car keys of motorist along transwoji road popularly known as slaughter.

This incident occurred about 12.30pm due to congestion on that road,there is always a tradition encouraged by law enforcement agents to prevent the traffic from getting to Ykc juntion a four way junction notorious for its bottle neck,3 to 4 lines were formed.

The Gov was passing this afternoon and was forcefully seizing peoples car key on the 3rd and 4th line. This is not the first time this incident has happend,yet most times u hardly find traffic officials there.

Abuse of power, such things only hapen in africa,
how can you cease somebody car keys?
that is human right abuse ohhhh
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by vandarsar(m): 3:25am On Jan 01, 2013
He needs dopes. Very haggard looking guy am sure he can finish a plastic bucket of cocaine in a day or wait maybe they were delaying him while he was rushing down to get some! wink
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by Dyke400: 8:01am On Jan 01, 2013
My friends, do u know that this bridge leading to slaughter that was congested was built by the Odili administration which built the bridge that collapsed near airforce base in PH. Secondly it is wrong to say there are no traffic officials at that point b/c i know Woji town very well those traffic guys are always there. It is very wrong for you to say 3 to 4 lines are formed in other to decongest YKC junction, where will on coming vehicles pass thru, remember, that bridge will soon collapse with the static load that it is bearing currently.For me i would have preferred the governor turn those in lines 3 and 4 back rather than seizing there car keys and for God's sake how can you form 4 lines for a bridge that can only takes 2 cars side by side, make we yarn as e dey abeg. Trucks are not allowed to pass thru that bridge but trust 9ja's, u will still see them on dat bridge why can't we start behaving well and see if these politicians can learn from us.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by swtbb(f): 8:14am On Jan 01, 2013
kunletech:

Point of correction, don't said all Nigerians are Animals.
Grammer indeed
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by MadCow1: 9:31am On Jan 01, 2013
[b]THE OP IS A person AND ONE OF THE PROBLEMS WITH THIS COUNTRY

I know that YKC/slaughter junction in Port-harcourt.. It's the worst area of port harcourt with regards to traffic..

The people that live and operate in that area are so impatient. Odili constructed a 1 lane bridge that created chaos. I once had an accident that cost me 98,000 to fix on that road all because of this multipla lane nonsense. The OP said there is always no traffic warden in that area which is a fat big lie. Infact, there is a combination of the Nigerian Police, Rivers traffic unit (TIMARIV) and traffic police there, yet it's still a clusterfuck of madness. The traffic build up in that area has led to residence leaving home by 5:30 just so they can cross that bridge before the madness starts. People drive and form as much as 5 lanes on that road. Then some smart ass idiiot with a police siren or a bank bullion van will come and block off the bridge.

Since my accident, I have never passed that road again.

Amaechi should have impounded and maybe arrested those drivers to serve at least 3 months in Port Harcourt prisons. [/b]
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by olaheavy: 9:39am On Jan 01, 2013
swtbb: Grammer indeed
It should be GRAMMAR and not ''Grammer.'' Before you criticize others, make sure that both your spoken and written English are flawless. I'm talking to all of you holier-than-thou baboons.
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by kenlash: 10:40am On Jan 01, 2013
kunletech:

Point of correction, don't said all Nigerians are Animals.
gbagaun
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by Damilorlah(m): 11:27am On Jan 01, 2013
that he's a governor does not means he should not drive a car. Haven't we saw a governor that pilot chopper? We all know how it ends. If should be prepare 4 d aftermath.
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by Damilorlah(m): 11:28am On Jan 01, 2013
that he's a governor does not means he should not drive a car. Haven't we saw a governor that pilot chopper? We all knew how it ends. He should be prepare 4 d aftermath.
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by subzero2(m): 11:53am On Jan 01, 2013
aguiyi: which kind alarm be this na?
shey im go own the car or na just to tell una not to form plenty line. relax abeg, na this ph all of us dey and i never hear say amaechi seize person car keys for any reason come own am angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
No mind d poster jare. The Amaechi dat i know can not try dat nonsense. I guess d poster is seekin cheap attention.
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by texazzpete(m): 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2013
Alex Obellq: That served them right, how can you formed 2 extra lane on a one lane route? Thats madness, when can we maintain orderliness in this country? Are we never tired of short cut? That impetient led to corruption most time in Nigeria

I agree that the attitude of the drivers that form those extra lanes worsens things, but even if one or two lanes were strictly followed, there's a SERIOUS traffic bottleneck there that is purely Amaechi's fault. None other!

Typical Nigerian leader will deflect that blame on to others.

PS: 99% of the time, those extra lanes are formed by police vehicles that drive anyhow just to beat the traffic. People follow them and then when the Police vehicles pass, there's pandemonium and the extra lines remain in place.
The Nigerian Police is BY FAR the biggest lawbreaker as far as road traffic is concerned. Amaechi's pet police and traffic monitors are the biggest culprits!
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
texazzpete:

I agree that the attitude of the drivers that form those extra lanes worsens things, but even if one or two lanes were strictly followed, there's a SERIOUS traffic bottleneck there that is purely Amaechi's fault. None other!

Typical Nigerian leader will deflect that blame on to others.

PS: 99% of the time, those extra lanes are formed by police vehicles that drive anyhow just to beat the traffic. People follow them and then when the Police vehicles pass, there's pandemonium and the extra lines remain in place.
The Nigerian Police is BY FAR the biggest lawbreaker as far as road traffic is concerned. Amaechi's pet police and traffic monitors are the biggest culprits!
possibly a culprit speaking from experience lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by bulDozer: 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
Amaechi,
Una well done oooooooo!!!
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by ayi1513(m): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
Amaechi oo
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by gp66(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2013
Godjone: he must becareful b4 river kidnapers wil kidnap him

them they kidnap area boy? Hv u seen wher thief will steal from thief? Amaechi can walk on the street of diobu alone no one dares to misbehave or kidnap him.

If u hv nt heard about diobu pikin in PH pls go and ask hw they behave.
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by Mospring(m): 9:15am On Jan 02, 2013
obongtunji: .
Thank you very much you have said it all. We like to be forced to follow law and order........lop
we nid to ensure decency and oderliness in our doings! sure
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by Ninilowo(m): 10:46am On Jan 02, 2013
Our husband has gone MAD again! somebody HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!
Re: Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today by BrosG: 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
DANILSA: UNA DE CRAZE FOR THIS COUNTRY NI? [b]JONATHAN TO SLOW
FASHOLA TO FAST
AMEACHI NA DICTATOR[/b]

UNA DE MADT ABI UNA CONFUSE NI?[b]
WHO UNA WANT? cool
WE NO KNOW! [/b]

On point. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody / BREAKING: Senate Stops Nigerian Customs Vehicle Duty Ultimatum / FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.