Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (659252 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Litmus: 7:25pm On Jan 12
I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language

The old ways are dying. Now the only language you need is English and an LLM.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by tom4greatness: 9:38am On Jan 13
Are you good at mathematics?
Do you have what it takes to render online mathematics problem solving?
I will be linking you to a foreign site where you can make at least $200 if you work really hard.
I will also guide you on how you can pass their test so as to enable you become their tutor.
If you are interested chat me up on WhatsApp ( 07031912193). Note: only for those tutors that are good at mathematics.
See you on the top!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Kingsleyawoke(m): 3:04pm On Jan 13
MrSuama:

Specs and price?
seems I missed this quote
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MrSuama(m): 8:34pm On Jan 14
Kingsleyawoke:
seems I missed this quote
Most probably.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Kingsleyawoke(m): 8:49am On Jan 15
MrSuama:

Most probably.
you still need it, cause it's still available
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MrSuama(m): 7:34pm On Jan 15
Kingsleyawoke:
you still need it, cause it's still available
Specs and price.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Olamine123(m): 2:33pm On Jan 17
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.
Hello.
I'm Ajiboye Simeon (Olamine123), I'm a certified copywriter and translator with a 3 years experience.
I want to offer a free copywriting to any product or client after you place an order in my account on Upwork...
Place an order in my account on Upwork and get 1 for free.

The services I offer for Copywriting:
Webpages
Blogs
Ads
Social media posts
Emails
Posters
Billboards

Search for my account on Upwork via : Ajiboye Simeon
Email: yomiajao123@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bbr2(m): 4:27pm On Jan 23
PS5 NEXTORAGE NEM-PA 1TB NVMe SSD with Heatsink (7,300 MB/s read speed & 6,000 MB/s write speed)
Brand New Sealed
₦98,000

PS5 NEXTORAGE NEM-PA 2TB NVMe SSD with Heatsink (7,300 MB/s read speed & 6,900 MB/s write speed)
Brand New Sealed
₦195,000

BEATS Studio Pro Wireless Noise Canceling Stereo Headset (Navy)
Brand New Sealed
₦295,000

Available in Lagos
0 7 0 4 2 5 0 9 0 0 7
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by BIGTInfotechLtd: 9:56am On Jan 25
Training Band 4.0! Your Digital Skills Accelerator! πŸŒπŸ’‘

Ready to amplify your digital prowess? 🎸 Unleash the power of Band 4.0, our exclusive training program designed to transform you into a digital maestro in just two months! πŸš€πŸŽ“

🌟 Skills You'll Master:

Digital Marketing Symphony:

Benefit: Boost your brand's online presence and captivate audiences.
Coding Crescendo:

Benefit: Unlock the language of the future, empowering you to build and innovate.
Data Harmony:

Benefit: Harness the melody of data for informed decision-making and insights.
Graphic Design Crescendo:

Benefit: Create visually stunning narratives to captivate your audience.
Social Media Symphony:

Benefit: Learn to orchestrate engaging campaigns and build a digital community.
Cybersecurity Overture:

Benefit: Safeguard your digital endeavors and navigate the online world securely.

Register with the link below: https://bigtinfotechsolutions.com/course-registration/

For more information call/WhatsApp : 09069241131

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Funmy23: 10:04am On Jan 26
Go to python.org and download the Python 3.12.1
Join a developer community online
Get your hands on all the free and paid courses you can.
Learn learn learn and re learn. Let it be your food and water i.e. dedicate your time to it

Live and breathe it.
Be practical and play with it.
You don't have to be perfect just keep learning

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by whitejs: 12:56pm On Jan 28
ibnquasale:
i am a very confused person when it comes to choosing an "appropriate" programming language cry cry. i know the gurus here can help me. i read statistics and maths.
my desire is to be able to design front ends for my databases, design GUIs and desktop applications that can also serve as front ends or data analysis applications.

i know little of PHP, Python, CSS, Mysql (through video tutorials). one of my main challenge is i don't know what to do with them, especially after learning the basis..... i don't mind being an apprentice to an expert here wink grin grin

thanks in advance.

Edit: 2023
It’s really bn long i made this post (over 10 years). Today, a lot have changed and I work as a senior data engineer now , having worked as software developer, data analyst, ML engineer etc in the past. Thanks to all who helped on this thread.

Congrats sir

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fixzycode: 4:17pm On Jan 28
Everything you need to be a successful programmer as a beginner can be found on codefixzy(coders home).

Follow the footstep of those who have gone before you and your programming journey will stress free.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by codesquadz: 8:30am On Jan 31
In this competitive landscape, every student needs to learn new-age skills, especially Java to secure a high-paying job that also offers security. However, students are consistently searching for the best Java training institute in Noida and they can get it at CodeSquadz which is one of the best institutes to get Java training.

Offline and Online Batches
Up-to-date Study Material
Industry Expert
Doubt-solving Session

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hormor14(m): 1:59pm On Jan 31
Funmy23:
Go to python.org and download the Python 3.12.1
Join a developer community online
Get your hands on all the free and paid courses you can.
Learn learn learn and re learn. Let it be your food and water i.e. dedicate your time to it

Live and breathe it.
Be practical and play with it.
You don't have to be perfect just keep learning

do you know any community for python i just started myself and i believe having a group of people doing the same thing will really help me out
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Shashank05(m): 5:18pm On Jan 31
I want to venture into AI development. Since its such a vast field I am unable to understand where should I begin with. Which languages to focus on so that I can start developing an AI based products based on API available from platforms like OPENAI
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by TimePiece(f): 12:20am On Feb 01
I am in need of a private tutor who is very knowledgeable of statistics and how to use Rstudio on it. This is like an intro class into statistical inferences.

I want the class to take place 2-3 times weekly online.
Reply to this post if you’re interested.
Thank you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Funmy23: 1:08pm On Feb 01
Hormor14:

do you know any community for python i just started myself and i believe having a group of people doing the same thing will really help me out
Follow the first instruction and all u need is there
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by SIXFEETUNDER: 12:46pm On Feb 02
Shashank05:
I want to venture into AI development. Since its such a vast field I am unable to understand where should I begin with. Which languages to focus on so that I can start developing an AI based products based on API available from platforms like OPENAI

Start with Python then learn small bits of data analysis
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MasterGramnet(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05
TimePiece:
I am in need of a private tutor who is very knowledgeable of statistics and how to use Rstudio on it. This is like an intro class into statistical inferences.

I want the class to take place 2-3 times weekly online.
Reply to this post if you’re interested.
Thank you.
I.e Statistics With R Programmin Language Using RStudio Software Or Learning Statistics As A Subject Seperatly And Applying Them In RStudio --- Tagged +++ You Can Do Statistical Funtions On MicroSoft Excel, Stata, RStudio Etc, Yes For Data Analysis, And Programming Languages Used Are Python, Sql, R(RStudio), Also, You Can Learn Statistics On Its Own Entirely And Then Learning How To Apply Them On MS Excel, (maybe this what u meant on Rstudio) Without The Use Of Any Programming Language.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by AfDapone: 5:43pm On Feb 05
For those who are interested in partaking in the currently free international Isc2 Cybersecurity Certification Examination, https://www.isc2.org/landing/1mcc I have the Exam Guide book for a token. WA me +2349zero19778789

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Solarex1: 9:27am On Feb 09
Solarex IT World Online Classes is ongoing.... You can still join the class by clicking on the link below

www.solarexitworld.com.ng/classroom/newstu.php

Contact us for further enquiry: 0706 228 4261

After you register for a course click on the link below to start your class. Sign in to have access to the Online Class Tools

www.solarexitworld.com.ng/classroom

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by shreygautam: 9:56am On Feb 10
When starting to learn programming, it's essential to choose a language that strikes a balance between beginner-friendliness and versatility. Python is an excellent choice for beginners due to its simple and readable syntax, making it easier to grasp fundamental programming concepts like variables, loops, and functions. Moreover, Python's extensive documentation and large community support provide ample resources for newcomers to seek help and guidance.

Additionally, Python's versatility extends across various domains, including web development, data analysis, artificial intelligence, and automation, making it a valuable language to learn regardless of your eventual specialization. Its broad applicability ensures that the skills you develop while learning Python will remain relevant and useful as you progress in your programming journey.

If you're eager to get started, consider enrolling in a Python course for beginners. Such courses typically offer structured learning paths, hands-on projects, and mentorship to help you build a solid foundation in programming with Python. By immersing yourself in a beginner Python course, you'll quickly gain confidence and proficiency in coding while laying the groundwork for more advanced studies and projects.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by metamax24: 8:10am On Feb 12
Discover the ultimate online shopping experience with Metamax's Dstore – India's [url]best online store app[/url]. Shop effortlessly for your favorite products and enjoy unparalleled convenience and quality. Explore the best of online shopping with Metamax's Dstore today
https://metamax.net.in/dstore/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by comfygentech(m): 6:45am On Feb 15
Embarking on the journey to learn programming is an exciting endeavor, especially if you have aspirations in app development. The choice of programming language can significantly impact your learning experience and the types of projects you can undertake. In the context of aspiring developers in India, here are some recommendations:

1. Java
Java is a versatile, object-oriented programming language widely used in Android app development. Learning Java can open doors to becoming a proficient Android app developer. Java's syntax is easy to understand, making it suitable for beginners, and its popularity ensures ample resources and community support.

2. Python
Known for its readability and simplicity, Python is an excellent language for beginners. It is used in a variety of applications, including web development and data analysis. While not the primary language for Android development, it serves as a great introduction to programming concepts and provides a strong foundation for learning other languages.

3. Kotlin
Kotlin is another language for Android app development and is considered more modern and concise than Java. As Google's preferred language for Android development, learning Kotlin directly can be advantageous. Many developers appreciate its interoperability with Java, making it easier to transition from one language to the other.

4. JavaScript
JavaScript is essential for web development, and its frameworks like React Native and NativeScript enable cross-platform mobile app development. Learning JavaScript provides a pathway to both web and mobile app development, making it a versatile choice.

5. Swift
For those interested in iOS app development, Swift is the go-to language. Developed by Apple, Swift is known for its speed and ease of use. While it is specific to iOS development, mastering Swift can lead to opportunities in one of the world's most lucrative app markets.

6. C# (C Sharp)
C# is the primary language for developing applications on the Microsoft platform. If you are interested in Windows app development or game development using Unity, C# is a valuable language to learn. It's known for its simplicity and versatility.

7. HTML and CSS
While not programming languages in the traditional sense, HTML and CSS are fundamental for web development. Learning how to structure content and style web pages is crucial for full-stack developers and those interested in creating web-based apps.
As you embark on your programming journey, consider the type of apps you want to build and the platforms you want to target. Additionally, keep in mind that the best app development companies in India and top Android development companies often seek developers with proficiency in specific languages. Tailoring your learning path to align with industry demands can enhance your employability in the competitive app development landscape.

In conclusion, embarking on the journey to learn programming is an exciting and rewarding endeavor, especially for those aspiring to become app developers. Choosing the right programming language is a crucial first step, and the recommendations provided here cater to the diverse interests and goals of individuals in India looking to enter the dynamic field of app development.

Whether you opt for Java, Python, Kotlin, JavaScript, Swift, C#, or even HTML and CSS, the key is to align your learning path with your aspirations. Consider the specific platforms you wish to target, be it Android, iOS, or cross-platform development, and explore languages that resonate with your project goals.

As you progress in your programming journey, it's essential to stay informed about industry trends and demands. Keeping an eye on the preferences of the best app development company in India and the top Android development companies can provide valuable insights into the languages and skills in high demand. This strategic approach ensures that your programming skills are not only honed for personal satisfaction but also tailored to meet the expectations of the thriving app development industry.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by elija6266: 11:01am On Feb 29
Hi,

See as a programmer myself I can say Choosing the right programming language to start with depends on your goals, interests, and the type of projects you want to work on.

By the way I can surely suggest you some of most demanding languages like Python, AWS, Java and many more.

You can also go through this for more related resources.

I hope this will be helpful.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PNomsule: 11:49pm On Mar 03
Who can hack into WhatsApp or Instagram, there's a job, message me asap
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Kappa6823: 6:02pm On Mar 10
Just in case anyone still needs a programmer, I'm always available for you.

WhatsApp: +234 8136554302
Email: johnpaulchigozie@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.