Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (661007 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibnquasale(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
Bestintheworld1:

I'm at this point where I'm confused about which path to follow. What helped you?

1. Personal development: doing everything to ensure I grow. Training, studying and buying of materials. Went into ghost mode for 3-6 months. No party, no outing etc

2. Growing my circle of friends. Having people who do what you do in ur circle is a great way to grow.

3. Always focus on where you are and where you are going because all others are distractions. I try to do everything possible to sustain where I am at a particular time AND also do everything possible to prepare me for where I want to be.

So if I work with BestIntheworld1 Nigeria limited, I would do everything possible to make myself relevant there and then do everything possible to move to Amazon from there. So, surviving every stage and preparing for next phase even if there were no need for it

4. Be willing to help others grow… if helps you know more and also help connect you to help and helpers

Eat and digest these 4 lol
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by shreygautam: 10:57am On Sep 28, 2023
If you're new to programming, Python is an excellent language to start with. Its clear and concise syntax makes it beginner-friendly, allowing you to focus on fundamental programming concepts. Python is versatile, used in web development, data analysis, artificial intelligence, and more. Start with basic Python tutorials and gradually progress to more complex topics. To accelerate your learning journey, consider enrolling in a Python course for beginners at The IoT Academy. Their expert-led courses provide structured, hands-on learning experiences, helping you build a solid foundation in programming. Don't miss the chance to kickstart your programming journey with The IoT Academy's Python course for beginners.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by oastechltd: 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2023
Lenovo Budget Laptops For Business, Data Analysis, School, Programming [Foreign used (USA)]...

Lenovo X13 || 13inch Touch screen FHD 1920x1080 Wide viewing angle & High density FlexView Display || Fingerprint unlock || Facial unlock || Intel Corei5 10th gen (10210U) || Backlit keyboard || Dolby Audio Speaker System || 256GB SSD || 16GB RAM || Windows 11 Pro

Lenovo X270 || 13inch HD display || Fingerprint unlock || Intel Corei5 6th gen (6200U) || 256GB SSD || 8GB RAM || Windows 11 Pro

Lenovo X280 || 13inch FHD 1920x1080 Wide viewing angle & High density FlexView Display || Fingerprint unlock || Intel core i5 8th gen || Intel UHD Graphics 620 || 256GB SSD || 8GB RAM || Windows 11 Pro

Lenovo X390 || 13inch Touch screen FHD 1920x1080 Wide viewing angle & High density FlexView Display || Fingerprint unlock || Intel core i5 processor 8th gen || Intel UHD Graphics 620 || 256GB SSD || 16GB RAM || Windows 11 Pro

080 8119 1233
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2023
Things I do...

iCreate & sell US & UK number, Google Voice at affordable price✅

iSell Netflix logins (Highest quality, premium)✅

iPick (Cashapp, Zelle, Venmo, Apple pay all for fast payment)✅

UK bank also available for pickup (Any UK bank can Transfer to it).✅

Send an email now; topnotch services await you✅💯💫
ryanssbbaa@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bestintheworld1: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2023
ibnquasale:

1. Personal development: doing everything to ensure I grow. Training, studying and buying of materials. Went into ghost mode for 3-6 months. No party, no outing etc

2. Growing my circle of friends. Having people who do what you do in ur circle is a great way to grow.

3. Always focus on where you are and where you are going because all others are distractions. I try to do everything possible to sustain where I am at a particular time AND also do everything possible to prepare me for where I want to be.

So if I work with BestIntheworld1 Nigeria limited, I would do everything possible to make myself relevant there and then do everything possible to move to Amazon from there. So, surviving every stage and preparing for next phase even if there were no need for it

4. Be willing to help others grow… if helps you know more and also help connect you to help and helpers

Eat and digest these 4 lol

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate this.
What would you advise someone who's about to start this to begin with in terms of choosing which to learn.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by shreygautam: 11:51am On Oct 04, 2023
If you're new to programming, Python is an excellent choice to start with. It's beginner-friendly, has a clean syntax, and is widely used in various fields like web development, data analysis, and artificial intelligence. Learning Python provides a solid foundation for programming. To kickstart your journey, consider enrolling in The IoT Academy's Python training in Noida, where you can receive expert guidance and hands-on experience to become proficient in this versatile language.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by xpologista(m): 11:53am On Oct 17, 2023
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, <a href="https://devsort.net/"> software developers </a> and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by xpologista(m): 11:53am On Oct 17, 2023
[quote author=xpologista post=126454351][/quote]
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Getsaved(m): 10:02am On Oct 19, 2023
There is this very important part of programming that is rarely emphasize, which is having a guru (an expert) programmer who will mentor you with real life projects and also give you some jobs from his numerous jobs. Also, he would be the one through which other clients would recognize you.
I am passionate about data security and I am willing to go into python & MYSQL. Please, who can mentor me?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bossman(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2023
Everything you need is online. Mentoring is not needed at all. Just ask questions and folks will respond.
Getsaved:
There is this very important part of programming that is rarely emphasize, which is having a guru (an expert) programmer who will mentor you with real life projects and also give you some jobs from his numerous jobs. Also, he would be the one through which other clients would recognize you.
I am passionate about data security and I am willing to go into python & MYSQL. Please, who can mentor me?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Getsaved(m): 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Bossman:
Everything you need is online. Mentoring is not needed at all. Just ask questions and folks will respond.

I have tried what you said with java an HTML I got discouraged and stop because many people appear very busy. The ones who are willing need some money too (I don't mind to pay though).
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bossman(m): 8:30pm On Oct 19, 2023
Here is a whatsapp group specifically for Java. It has a lot of beginners and advaqnced folks as well - https:///ELxsL1h9RdPGIUKJTzIRij

You can also try the beginners forum for Python/Java etc.
Here is one for java - https://coderanch.com/c/java
Getsaved:

I have tried what you said with java an HTML I got discouraged and stop because many people appear very busy. The ones who are willing need some money too (I don't mind to pay though).
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Getsaved(m): 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2023
Bossman:
Here is a whatsapp group specifically for Java. It has a lot of beginners and advaqnced folks as well - https:///ELxsL1h9RdPGIUKJTzIRij

You can also try the beginners forum for Python/Java etc.
Here is one for java - https://coderanch.com/c/java

Thank you for the response. I have dropped java for now. Because of my interest in data security I will tryout the link for python. I am grateful

Modified
I have checked the link, it is only for java. I couldn't find python or SQL. Thanks anyway.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
Getsaved:

Check w3school dot come.

Currently learning SQL over there and to be frank so far so good it's been a smooth ride. You don't have to pay anyone a dime for anything. Just have the right mindset and stay focused. Good luck.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Getsaved(m): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2023
Emeskhalifa:

Check w3school dot come.

Currently learning SQL over there and to be frank so far so good it's been a smooth ride. You don't have to pay anyone a dime for anything. Just have the right mindset and stay focused. Good luck.

Thank you so much. I will try this.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by emiron18(m): 9:13am On Oct 28, 2023
Taaooma tells how much Cristiano Ronaldo earns and how
Click to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0fuXzl7Zcg
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by alaxander: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2023
Social media has revolutionized the way businesses connect with their target audience. With over 3.6 billion active users worldwide, platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. social media marketing company in Kerala can help businesses reach unprecedented levels of success.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by joshuherart: 11:14am On Oct 30, 2023
When you're just starting to learn programming, it's a good idea to begin with a language that is beginner-friendly and widely used. Python is an excellent choice for beginners due to its simplicity and readability. It's versatile and has a large, supportive community, making it easier to find resources and assistance when you need it.

If you're interested in getting started with Python and need software or tools for your programming journey, consider visiting https://keysomatic.com/ for access to genuine and legally obtained software licenses that can support your programming endeavors.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by HassieMalcomson(f): 10:02am On Nov 01, 2023
If you don't have any knowledge then simply begin with HTML and CSS.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by opeyemioguns: 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2023
I need to join an R programming WhatsApp group. Can you help me with the link of anyone you know?

My WhatsApp number +2348034979170
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nebestore: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
*Unlock Your Creativity with Frontend Development!*

Ready to dive into the world of web design and user experience? Join our Frontend Development program and embark on a journey of creativity innovation and opportunity.

*What You'll Learn:*
- HTML and CSS: Master the building blocks of web design.
- Bootstrap: Bring your websites to life with interactive features.
- Responsive Design: Create sites that look great on any device.
- User Experience (UX): Design interfaces that captivate and engage users.

Contact +2349061978141 or email info@cybite.com.ng and enroll in our Frontend Development course today. Your creative journey begins here!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nebestore: 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2023
opeyemioguns:

I need to join an R programming WhatsApp group. Can you help me with the link of anyone you know?

My WhatsApp number +2348034979170

*Unlock Your Creativity with Frontend Development!*

Ready to dive into the world of web design and user experience? Join our Frontend Development program and embark on a journey of creativity innovation and oppurtunity.

*What You'll Learn:*
- HTML and CSS: Master the building blocks of web design.
- Bootstrap: Bring your websites to life with interactive features.
- Responsive Design: Create sites that look great on any device.
- User Experience (UX): Design interfaces that captivate and engage users.

Contact +2349061978141 or email info@cybite.com.ng and enroll in our Frontend Development course today. Your creative journey begins here!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by osedumandre(m): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by yinkeys(m): 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2023
Found

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by AllDModsAreMaad: 11:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
Please, is there any mobile app development tutor here?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bossman(m): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2023
What exactly do you need a tutor for? Everything you need is online...just google it! A lot of programmers/devs are self taught. It's all about dedication and hard work.

AllDModsAreMaad:
Please, is there any mobile app development tutor here?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2023
Bossman:
What exactly do you need a tutor for? Everything you need is online...just google it! A lot of programmers/devs are self taught. It's all about dedication and hard work.

I have tried the online tutorial but to be honest one need a guide.

I started the app development training myself but something happened, maybe I clicked on something and I couldn't get the exact result the tutor in the video got.
So, I deleted that project and tried starting another one but it is not getting that result that the person got in the video.
It is not even creating the two folders that were created when I created the first project.

That alone has made it a dead end because without a guide I can't scale through that part.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by jikins(m): 6:48pm On Nov 16, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

I have tried the online tutorial but to be honest one need a guide.

I started the app development training myself but something happened, maybe I clicked on something and I couldn't get the exact result the tutor in the video got.
So, I deleted that project and tried starting another one but it is not getting that result that the person got in the video.
It is not even creating the two folders that were created when I created the first project.

That alone has made it a dead end because without a guide I can't scale through that part.

The problem is you haven't learnt the basics. Try to go back to the foundation of whatever language you are learning. Don't skip the basics and jump to building complicated stuffs. You will be lost.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
jikins:

The problem is you haven't learnt the basics. Try to go back to the foundation of whatever language you are learning. Don't skip the basics and jump to building complicated stuffs. You will be lost.

Let me ask you, the language the software I'm using is using is Kotlin.
Which/what should I begin with now, since you said I should first learn the basic of it.

I have basics knowledge of coding because I have done web design and development in the past
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by jikins(m): 9:36am On Nov 17, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Let me ask you, the language the software I'm using is using is Kotlin.
Which/what should I begin with now, since you said I should first learn the basic of it.

I have basics knowledge of coding because I have done web design and development in the past

Learn the language syntax get comfortable with it. The basics are everything. Then get into the docs. Most times these videos online use old version of different tools its why you might not get the same result as you are most likely using the latest version where one or two things have changed.

With the basics and documentation you should be okay. It won't be easy learning new stuff isn't easy normally but the trick is to keep at it. If you are using an external library go to the docs. Granted some people's docs are all over the place. But it helps a lot especially if you are following a video as you can see if there's any breaking changes.

Self learning is hard you have to put in a lot of work.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by AllDModsAreMaad: 9:59am On Nov 17, 2023
jikins:

Learn the language syntax get comfortable with it. The basics are everything. Then get into the docs. Most times these videos online use old version of different tools its why you might not get the same result as you are most likely using the latest version where one or two things have changed.

With the basics and documentation you should be okay. It won't be easy learning new stuff isn't easy normally but the trick is to keep at it. If you are using an external library go to the docs. Granted some people's docs are all over the place. But it helps a lot especially if you are following a video as you can see if there's any breaking changes.

Self learning is hard you have to put in a lot of work.

Ok thank you bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.