Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660350 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MrSuama(m): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
MasterGramnet:
There Are Many Good Laptop Out There. 90% Of The Laptops Sold In The Nigeria Market Are Basically 4educational Purposes And Businesses As Well. You Can Ask Google To See Minimum System Requirements For The Type Of Coding You Want To Learn Or More Generally CODING As Some Coding Languages Would Need Ur System To Meet Some Certain System Requirements As You Progress In It. I've Been Teaching Coding For Quite Some-Times And Doing That With Different (My Client's) Systems Even A Desktop Computer And I Will Tell You That They're All At Least OK For Beginners. I Can't Point At One System Then Tell You That One Or This One, You Can Ask Google And Make Ur Choice.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MasterGramnet(m): 9:36am On Aug 16, 2023
MrSuama:
Thanks.
You're Welcome
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Mathias2015(m): 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2023
Pls how can AI(CHATGPT) help one to learn programming this days
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by plero(m): 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2023
Hey everyone,
I just published a new video on the top 10 DevOps tools you need to master before 2024 in 10min. In this video, I give the overview of most important DevOps tools for automating your CI/CD pipeline, managing your infrastructure, and monitoring your applications. I also provide links to resources where you can learn more about each tool for free.

If you're interested in learning more about DevOps, I encourage you to watch the video and subscribe to my channel. I will be posting more and new content on topics related to DevOps.

Here is the link to the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNvDAYmT09U

I did love to read your comments and feedbacks. Am open for suggestions and collaboration. Do have a great week

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Kingsleyawoke(m): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
MrSuama:

Thanks.
Do you want to buy a laptop?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MrSuama(m): 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kingsleyawoke:

Do you want to buy a laptop?
Yeah, do you sell?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hezzy4pf: 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2023
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.

Start with this ; https://www.fiverr.com/s/pxE1A8
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bbr2(m): 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2023
Dell Latitude 5420
14-inch FHD Display
Intel Corei5-1145G7 (11th gen) upto 4.40GHz
16GB RAM
512GB NVMe SSD
Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Windows 11 Pro
Backlit keyboard
Long-lasting battery (8hrs)
SIM card slot
₦280,000

Available in Lagos
0 7 0 4 2 5 0 9 0 0 7

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Mecylinda1: 12:37am On Aug 29, 2023
Please I need mentorship plsquote author=ibnquasale post=124499932]

Teaching no, mentorship yes and for free. I don’t have time for teaching again. I used to do it so well and even for free.

[/quote]
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibnquasale(m): 9:37am On Aug 29, 2023
Mecylinda1:
Please I need mentorship plsquote author=ibnquasale post=124499932]

Teaching no, mentorship yes and for free. I don’t have time for teaching again. I used to do it so well and even for free.

Messaged you already
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bbr2(m): 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2023
Bbr2:
Dell Latitude 5420
14-inch FHD Display
16GB RAM
512GB NVMe SSD
Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Windows 11 Pro
Backlit keyboard
SIM card slot
₦280,000

Available in Lagos
0 7 0 4 2 5 0 9 0 0 7
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by plero(m): 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ezugegere(m): 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2023
Can a core i5 8th generation laptop (8 gig RAM) be used for programming?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Kingsleyawoke(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2023
I'm not a laptop seller; but i have one for sell, mine that I'm using
MrSuama:

Yeah, do you sell?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Businessmanure: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
aloshio:
I'm a UI designer with 3 years experience looking for a job

Please help

While searching for a job, are you interested in contributing to a project remotely?

If yes, please shoot me a mail: dumathew730@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MrSuama(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
Kingsleyawoke:
I'm not a laptop seller; but i have one for sell, mine that I'm using
Specs and price?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2023
to be popular,attend conferences
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bbr2(m): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2023
Dell Latitude 5420
14-inch FHD Display
16GB RAM
512GB NVMe SSD
Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Windows 11 Pro
Backlit keyboard
SIM card slot
₦280,000

Available in Lagos
0 7 0 4 2 5 0 9 0 0 7
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by osedumandre(m): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
BOLA625:
What is the amount charge. Fees.

Its New - This is our Web Skill Empowermment. You can gain access to some of the topics on our Website Design Course and the Attention of an Instructor if need be. Our Lecture notes are self-explanatory and you get to study at your own pace online for at least 3 hours every day for a full week. The college shall via instructors respond to our questions, concerns,and clarifications of students of this package in batches as need arises on our social platform. We work with at most 40 per batch so we can attend to all within a week. Questions must come from the topics treated here at the college.

Please Note:

The charge for this web design skill empowerment Package is N1000.00 (Non-refundable) to gain access per week (at least 3 hrs a day). After payment, do well to contact the College. You can subscribe for more weeks. For more enquiries, you can contact: +2348062879165; +2348112676222.

AWNET ICT College reserves the right to make changes in the policies guiding the smooth running of this programme. We assure our students; both those already studying home and abroad that every policy served stems from our passion to help those who actually are interested in our Skill empowerment program. You are welcome!

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by metamax08: 7:24am On Sep 07, 2023
Great blog post! I really enjoyed reading about the latest trends in web technology. It's amazing how fast things are evolving, and your insights were spot-on. Looking forward to more informative content like this
<a href="https://metamax.net.in/ecommerce-app-providers-in-pondicherry.html">Best Ecommerce App Providers in pondicherry</a>
<a href="https://metamax.net.in/ecommerce-app-providers-in-salem.html">Best Ecommerce App Providers in Salem</a>
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by boxoftech08: 11:23am On Sep 11, 2023
Unlock the power of digital transformation with Box of Tech, acclaimed as the best software development company in Salem. Our expert team delivers cutting-edge solutions, driving your business to new heights. Trust us to bring your vision to life.
https://boxoftech.in/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by osedumandre(m): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2023
MrSuama:

Thanks.

Subscribe to Learn how to code via AWNET ICT COLLEGE Skill Empowerment Scheme. Click on the link below to Subscribe with JUST N1K per week.

https://www.paystack.com/pay/awnetict-skillempowerment
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by codexinfotech(m): 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2023
if you want to start programming it depends on what you you actually want to accomplish, i would suggest you start with python because it is a very robust language or you start with PHP
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by shreygautam: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2023
If you're new to programming, I recommend starting with Python. Python is beginner-friendly with a clear syntax, making it easier to learn and read. It's a versatile language widely used in web development, data analysis, and AI. To kickstart your Python journey and gain valuable skills, consider enrolling in the "Best Python Certification Course" at The IoT Academy. This course provides comprehensive Python training and a certification to boost your career prospects. Get started today and embark on a rewarding programming journey with Python at The IoT Academy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fixzycode: 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2023
This is where all aspiring programmers go https://codefixzy.com/?p=92
you can ask your questions there and professionals in the field will happily guide you free of charge.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Dashlish: 9:54am On Sep 24, 2023
Please who has Google voice for sale?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by gcp12: 11:20am On Sep 25, 2023
GCP stands for Google Cloud Platform. It is a suite of cloud computing services that runs on the same infrastructure that Google uses for its end-user products, such as Google Search and YouTube. GCP offers a broad range of services, including computing, data storage, data analytics, and machine learning.

Here are some unique aspects of GCP:

Global infrastructure: GCP has a global network of data centers, which means that customers can deploy their applications and data close to their users.
Security and compliance: GCP offers a wide range of security and compliance features, including encryption, access control, and auditing.
Innovation: GCP is constantly innovating and adding new services and features.
Open source: GCP is committed to open source software, and many of its services are built on open source technologies.
GCP masters training in Hyderabad is a program that helps businesses and professionals learn about Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and how to use it to build and manage cloud-based applications. The program is offered by a number of different providers, including Google itself, as well as third-party training companies.

The training typically covers a wide range of topics, including:

What is GCP and how does it work?
The different types of GCP services available
How to create and manage GCP projects
How to deploy and manage applications on GCP
How to use GCP to store and manage data
How to use GCP to secure your applications and data
The training is typically delivered in a variety of formats, including online courses, in-person workshops, and bootcamps. The duration of the training can vary depending on the provider and the specific course or program you choose.

Benefits of GCP masters training in Hyderabad[/https://gcpmasters.in/]

Learn from experienced and certified GCP instructors
Gain hands-on experience with GCP services
Prepare for GCP certification exams
Network with other GCP professionals
Who should attend GCP masters training in Hyderabad?

IT professionals who want to learn about GCP and how to use it to build and manage cloud-based applications
Business owners and decision-makers who want to learn more about GCP and how it can benefit their businesses
Anyone who is interested in learning about cloud computing and how to use it to build and manage applications
How to find the best GCP masters training in Hyderabad:

There are a number of different factors to consider when choosing a GCP masters training program in Hyderabad, including:

The reputation of the provider
The experience and qualifications of the instructors
The format and duration of the training
The cost of the training
It is also important to make sure that the training program covers all of the topics that you are interested in learning about.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by plero(m): 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2023
Are you preparing for the AWS SAA exam? If so, you need to check out these on-the-go fun and captivating AWS SAA exam questions and answers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYYwWfoDQnQ

#aws #awssaa #awsdump #awssaacert #solutionarchitect #cloud #examquestions #awscert
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by awesomeb1783(m): 10:07am On Sep 26, 2023
ICE network comes from America, miners are increasing very quickly, reaching 3.8 million people
✓Every day, 53 thousand new people register to mine
✓If you haven't registered yet, please register quickly while the speed is still high
✓Launched on July 7, 2023 and now has more than 3.8 million users

DOWNLOAD ICE NETWORK FROM PLAYSTORE.

Invitation code: awesomeb( use the code to get instant 10 ice coins upon registration)
1️⃣ Register by email (phone number), go to Mail and click to verify login.
2️⃣ Enter your name as you like, this name will be used as your invitation code.
3️⃣ Enter my invitation code: ~awesomeb~ to get instant 10 ice coins!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by gbapre: 4:44am On Sep 27, 2023
Who want free data
With this app u Will get free data everyday
Download https://reachout.chat very your number use my referral codeto get free data
Per referral is 1GB.
Reerral code👉 CF1E37377CEF
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bestintheworld1: 7:34am On Sep 27, 2023
ibnquasale:
i am a very confused person when it comes to choosing an "appropriate" programming language cry cry. i know the gurus here can help me. i read statistics and maths.
my desire is to be able to design front ends for my databases, design GUIs and desktop applications that can also serve as front ends or data analysis applications.

i know little of PHP, Python, CSS, Mysql (through video tutorials). one of my main challenge is i don't know what to do with them, especially after learning the basis..... i don't mind being an apprentice to an expert here wink grin grin

thanks in advance.

Edit: 2023
It’s really bn long i made this post (over 10 years). Today, a lot have changed and I work as a senior data engineer now , having worked as software developer, data analyst, ML engineer etc in the past. Thanks to all who helped on this thread.

I'm at this point where I'm confused about which path to follow. What helped you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.