Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660817 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by hilaryxoxo(f): 5:58pm On May 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Okoyeifeanyi95(m): 10:50pm On May 02, 2018
NICE
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by sparkle6(m): 1:39pm On May 03, 2018
All newbies/noobs should start with QBASIC. Python itself is hard when you venture deeper.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Unlimited22: 9:24am On May 06, 2018
How do you guys see learning online from udemy.com?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 9:47am On May 06, 2018
Unlimited22:
How do you guys see learning online from udemy.com?
I think udemy has plenty of courses to help you get up and running, it just depends on how you plan your path.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Unlimited22: 9:51am On May 06, 2018
vickzdvipe:

I think udemy has plenty of courses to you up and running, it just depends on how you plan your path.
I have no programming experience, just a burning desire to learn the real language of our universe grin wink
And I've already been scouting courses. Settled on three that seem to match my objectives. They are the highest rated in the three sections.(Swift, Python/PHP and one called 'The complete Web developer in 2018)
Oh, and I'm an Optometrist cheesy.
How you see am?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 10:12am On May 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

I have no programming experience, just a burning desire to learn the real language of our universe grin wink
And I've already been scouting courses. Settled on three that seem to match my objectives. They are the highest rated in the three sections.(Swift, Python/PHP and one called 'The complete Web developer in 2018)
Oh, and I'm an Optometrist cheesy.
How you see am?
I'm a beginner too! I'm actually enrolled in that web developer course, I believe it is taught by Kalob tualen. When I say path, I mean what you plan on majoring on, say software development, data science, Iot, CEH etc.
For instance, I plan on being proficient in software development so my 'path' for this is;
learn web development and mobile app development too. You're an optometrist? Your own better o, me I be jambite.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Unlimited22: 10:15am On May 06, 2018
vickzdvipe:

I'm a beginner too! I'm actually enrolled in that web developer course, I believe it is taught by Kalob tualen. When I say path, I mean what you plan on majoring on, say software development, data science, Iot, CEH etc.
For instance, I plan on being proficient in software development so my 'path' for this is;
learn web development and mobile app development too. You're an optometrist? Your own better o, me I be jambite.
We seem to have similar path goals.
When did you enrol for the course?
How're you finding it so far?
Software/Web development is my primary area of interest.

You're a jambite? Imagine where you'll be in 6 years of hard coding.
I wish I had come across software development when I left secondary school.
And I'm in my final year in Optometry school shaa(6th year), but I'm so close to being a doctor that I like to refer to myself as such wink

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 10:25am On May 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

We seem to have similar path goals.
When did you enrol for the course?
How're you finding it so far?
Software/Web development is my primary area of interest.

You're a jambite? Imagine where you'll be in 6 years of hard coding.
I wish I had come across software development when I left secondary school.
And I'm in my final year in Optometry school shaa(6th year), but I'm so close to being a doctor that I like to refer to myself as such wink
I haven't started the course yet, I'm taking a course on Cisco networking academy on introduction to linux. By the way, did you purchase the course? I didn't purchase mine, I got enrolled for free.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Unlimited22: 10:28am On May 06, 2018
vickzdvipe:

I haven't started the course yet, I'm taking a course on Cisco networking academy on introduction to linux. By the way, did you purchase the course? I didn't purchase mine, I got enrolled for free.
How, please?
Was about to purchase the three at once.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 10:35am On May 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

How, please?
Was about to purchase the three at once.
If you're a Facebook user, search "udemy coupon codes" without the quotes. Also, you can search on google too. I'm enrolled in over 10 courses, all for free. Furthermore, The tutor of the web developer course also runs a website that has tons of courses all for FREE. Arkmont.(I can't tell if it's.com or net) just google arkmont.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Unlimited22: 10:44am On May 06, 2018
vickzdvipe:

If you're a Facebook user, search "udemy coupon codes" without the quotes. Also, you can search on google too. I'm enrolled in over 10 courses, all for free. Furthermore, The tutor of the web developer course also runs a website that has tons of courses all for FREE. Arkmont.(I can't tell if it's.com or net) just google arkmont.
Thanks. It's .com.
Will do the coupon code search later. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 10:50am On May 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

Thanks. It's .com.
Will do the coupon code search later. Thanks.
You're welcome brother, by the way, there are many other websites you can learn from too. Edx.org, udacity.com etc.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Unlimited22: 10:59am On May 06, 2018
vickzdvipe:

You're welcome brother, by the way, there are many other websites you can learn from too. Edx.org, udacity.com etc.
Them plenty. I just liked udemy.com. Check out codecademy.com too.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

Yeah, they're plenty, happy learning, cheers!!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigboy289(m): 2:32pm On May 07, 2018
Can anybody teach me about programming
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 5:12pm On May 07, 2018
Bigboy289:
Can anybody teach me about programming
I'm still a fresh learner but I think I can help.
First things first, what do you want to do with programming? Web development? Mobile app development? Both?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by JoshMedia: 5:33pm On May 07, 2018
Unlimited22:

Alright, Thanks.

I'll check them out.

Check my signature
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by arizonal2012(m): 5:42pm On May 07, 2018
@Bigboy289

It's pretty cool you wanna learn to programme smiley. One thing is for sure, you need practices!!!!HTML is a good place, to begin with. And with persistent learningundecided, you will excel smiley. You can begin with this Video blog post series at https://blog.atopwebtech.com/html-and-css-for-beginners/ which at the end of it, you will be able to build your first resume website from scratch. In the end, you can host it and use it has your portfolio during your journey in programming.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 2nioshine(m): 6:35pm On May 07, 2018
Just to correct an impression.
For the guy who said Python gets difficult as you progress, I think that statement is misleading.

All programming language follows same principle ie Logic connected by syntax so if you get it right from the scratch, you will always find it interesting. And yes it is possible to become so good in a short time with python.

And i think it necessary we point out also that programming is not limited to building web and apps... Creating prediction models and Co are also part of programming .

Infact complex machine learning algorithm can be carried out with ease using python, R etc ....

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigboy289(m): 9:36pm On May 07, 2018
arizonal2012:
@Bigboy289

It's pretty cool you wanna learn to programme smiley. One thing is for sure, you need practices!!!!HTML is a good place, to begin with. And with persistent learningundecided, you will excel smiley. You can begin with this Video blog post series at https://blog.atopwebtech.com/html-and-css-for-beginners/ which at the end of it, you will be able to build your first resume website from scratch. In the end, you can host it and use it has your portfolio during your journey in programming.
thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigboy289(m): 9:37pm On May 07, 2018
vickzdvipe:

I'm still a fresh learner but I think I can help.
First things first, what do you want to do with programming? Web development? Mobile app development? Both?
Both
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 2:18am On May 08, 2018
Bigboy289:
Both
If you've got a laptop and access to the internet, I'd advise you start from https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:HarvardX+CS50+X/course/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by JoshMedia: 6:49am On May 08, 2018
I love this thread

Check my signature
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigboy289(m): 8:24am On May 08, 2018
vickzdvipe:

If you've got a laptop and access to the internet, I'd advise you start from https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:HarvardX+CS50+X/course/
thanks but i have only a phone

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.