Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660899 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 8:28am On May 08, 2018
Bigboy289:
thanks but i have only a phone
Oh I can't help you then, sorry.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigboy289(m): 8:32am On May 08, 2018
vickzdvipe:
Oh I can't help you then, sorry.
no problem
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 5:20pm On May 09, 2018
Bigboy289:
hello guys can i use hp 635,windows 7 laptop for programming.if yes,please what language.
What are the specs?
Processor
Ram
Hard disk
What you intend to do with programming.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigboy289(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2018
vickzdvipe:

What are the specs?
Processor
Ram
Hard disk
What you intend to do with programming.
hard disk:320gb, ram:2gb, max supported size:8gb ,core:dual core, cpu:AMD E-350 1.6 Gtz, graphics processor:AMD Radeon HD 6310,i intend to program games,apps,websites,and etcetera
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 4:24pm On May 10, 2018
Bigboy289:
hard disk:320gb, ram:2gb, max supported size:8gb ,core:dual core, cpu:AMD E-350 1.6 Gtz, graphics processor:AMD Radeon HD 6310,i intend to program games,apps,websites,and etcetera
Hmm, from all I've read on PC/laptop review for programming, I think you're good to go with web development, but games and apps? I don't think so, I think you'd have to upgrade to something better, maybe an i3 or i5 for your processor needs and 4gb or 8gb of ram for memory needs.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigboy289(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2018
vickzdvipe:

Hmm, from all I've read on PC/laptop review for programming, I think you're good to go with web development, but games and apps? I don't think so, I think you'd have to upgrade to something better, maybe an i3 or i5 for your processor needs and 4gb or 8gb of ram for memory needs.
how do I upgrade it.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 9:24pm On May 10, 2018
Bigboy289:
how do I upgrade it.
By getting an all new laptop with the specs I mentioned earlier.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigboy289(m): 5:02pm On May 11, 2018
Vick scope:

By getting an all new laptop with the specs I mentioned earlier.
hello,please can I use HTML on it and how do I use it, what can I use the HTML for.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 6:21pm On May 11, 2018
Bigboy289:
hello,please can I use HTML on it and how do I use it, what can I use the HTML for.
I'll try to compile a list of online resources with which you can become proficient in web programming.
Please note that I'm still a fresher like you!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigboy289(m): 9:52pm On May 11, 2018
vickzdvipe:
I'll try to compile a list of online resources with which you can become proficient in web programming.
Please note that I'm still a fresher like you!
thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 8:37am On May 12, 2018
Bigboy289:
thanks
[url]freecodecamp.org[/url]
[url]udacity.com[/url]
[url]edx.org[/url]
These are some of the resources I recall. I'd advice you start from freecodecamp and when you become a bit, comfortable search for other resources.
You should cultivate the habit of making searches on google, it's a good way to discover many online resources.
Good luck grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by diamond88: 8:30pm On May 12, 2018
Pls can anyone help me where I will download latest w3school folder?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 9:19pm On May 12, 2018
diamond88:
Pls can anyone help me where I will download latest w3school folder?
Google 'w3schoos offline download', without the quotes. You should find something helpful.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 13, 2018
Bigboy289:
thanks but i have only a phone

When says you cant code on your phone

There are lots of apps and IDEs on mobile like AIDE which you can use to make apps and even apks. And for web development there's AIDE Web and also some other Web IDEs
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lekzytaker(m): 6:46pm On May 13, 2018
hello,please I want to go for computer training. and these programs I see on the course list I don't understand their meanings.please let someone here help me simplify them in a layman's term. and tell me their relevance in relation to job opportunities.

1CCNA
2CWNA
3.MCSE SERVER
4.COMPTIA A+
5MICROSOFT SQL
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigboy289(m): 9:48am On May 14, 2018
Darivie04:

There are lots of apps and IDEs on mobile like AIDE which you can use to make apps and even apks. And for web development there's AIDE Web and also some other Web IDEs
THANKS
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2018
hilaryxoxo:
HEY GUYS,

what do you guys think about this online python course?
gurus in the house? Please advise on this.

This is the absolute beginner course https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-python-absolute-beginner
This are all the other python courses they have https://www.edx.org/course?search_query=python
Hello, I'd advise you start with CS50's introduction to computer science and the art of programming. The course is still hosted on the same edx platform.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Unlimited22: 8:23am On May 18, 2018
Is it worth it using a Hackintosh to learn Swift?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by CharlesJok3r: 4:34pm On May 19, 2018
Darivie04:

Trust me, this is extremely stressful, and not effective and efficient.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 19, 2018
CharlesJok3r:

Trust me, this is extremely stressful, and not effective and efficient.

It might not be as good as a laptop but they are quite OK if you don't have a laptop
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 10:59pm On May 19, 2018
Darivie04:

It might not be as good as a laptop but they are quite OK if you don't have a laptop
Mind pasting any relevant link(s) to useful programs written/created on mobile phones ?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Unlimited22: 11:02pm On May 19, 2018
vickzdvipe:

Mind pasting any relevant link(s) to useful programs written/created on mobile phones ?
Unlimited22:
Is it worth it using a Hackintosh to learn Swift?
Oga o, Is it useful?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 11:16pm On May 19, 2018
Unlimited22:

Oga o, Is it useful?
To learn, I'd say it's advisable.
To develop "real-time" apps/programs? Nay.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by CharlesJok3r: 10:27pm On May 20, 2018
vickzdvipe:

To learn, I'd say it's advisable.
To develop "real-time" apps/programs? Nay.
It's not good for any either learning or building
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vickzdvipe(m): 12:43am On May 21, 2018
CharlesJok3r:

It's not good for any either learning or building
I wouldn't know, I've never practiced it. But from what I read on blogs and forum, and all I know of Apple's stringent measures, I'd say it's inadvisable to use a Hackintosh for real-time development.

Edited: I just saw the "not" in your reply, my bad. We're both saying the same thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.