Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Anti Virus On Windows Vista - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Anti Virus On Windows Vista (739 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Hp Deskjet D2360 Driver For Windows Vista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti Virus On Windows Vista by odunz80(m): 6:44am On Feb 22, 2008
i jst bought a a new dell inspiron 1501 windows vista which came with an anti virus package but mistakenly my cousin deleted the anti virus and i want to ask which is the best way to install a new anti virus package.shld i connect the lappy to d net and download an anti virus or shld i tak it to computer village for the installment.i need ur advise on dis
Re: Anti Virus On Windows Vista by pein(m): 11:36am On Feb 22, 2008
Was the Anti-virus on the laptop or on a CD-bundle that came with the laptop?If it came with the laptop then try and restore but basically most people dont see any reason to do system restore on their PC/laptop etc and if it came with any CD just reinstall but PLS for the Love of GOD don't go to computer village unless you know what your going to do there.Antiviruses there are full of spyware/Bloatware and shit!! angry if you've got a net connection beta just download one of the net. wink
Re: Anti Virus On Windows Vista by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2008
pein:

Was the Anti-virus on the laptop or on a CD-bundle that came with the laptop?If it came with the laptop then try and restore but basically most people don't see any reason to do system restore on their PC/laptop etc and if it came with any CD just reinstall but PLS for the Love of GOD don't go to computer village unless you know what your going to do there.Antiviruses there are full of spyware/Bloatware and shit!! angry if you've got a net connection beta just download one of the net. wink

before they format your system, tell you to pay for reinstallation , drivers etal tongue

the following are freeware

pc tools threatfire
pctools antivirus
avg antivirus

the best antivirus out there- as far as i'm concerned is kaspersky

you can also  try norton or mcafee( i do not recommend them- they are bothe system hogs on their own - conmbine them with vista - and your system will go glacial!)

make sure you gert the LATEST versions of any antivirus software you choose to use. the older versions are probably not compatible with vista. note that you will have to pay or look for a crack if you intend to continue using the antivirusd indefientely)

i'm am not going to give you a fish  smiley , just google any of the names provided

BTW, i seriously doubt if the cousin actually deleted' the application . i'm sure he probbly just turned it off. note that any antivirus shipped with a aystem is normally trial ware and will expire 60 days after you first start up the computer
Re: Anti Virus On Windows Vista by frankike1: 5:12am On Dec 02, 2008
Also, i need your advice, my norton antivirus subscription expires 2months ago, and am ask to pay about $49, for renewal, what do i do, i have not such cash, please advice me on what to do, is there anybody with good knowledge of other reliable antivirus?
Re: Anti Virus On Windows Vista by uspry1(f): 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2008
@frank_ike

Yes both Norton antivirus subscription and McAfee antivirus subscription are yearly renewal fee upon the one-year expiration every years.

Also for newer computer/laptop you buy for the first time with Windows Vista that comes with pre-installed 30-days trail period on Norton antivirus software, once the 30-days trail period expired, it will prompt you asking for a yearly subscription renewal fee to be downloaded the latest virus patch automatically.

If you choose to reject the subscription request, then your antivirus software is locked or blocked with prompted error message appears.

Good news, you don't have to pay for yearly commercial antivirus software such as Norton or McAfee, you can obtain FREE antivirus software by going to either download.com or filehippo.com to type up on the blank search box field without a quotation, "anti-virus". It will prompt getting the search result of all listings of both free edition and commercial anti-virus software that are HOTCAKE (popular).

PAY ATTENTION to choose freeware/free edition for home pc users only, ignore commercial ones that usually paid yearly renewal subscription you don't want that.

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

I Need Nvidia Driver / Crash Harddisk / Whats The Best Internet Connection For A Single User Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.