Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,564 members, 7,850,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:02 AM

Nairaland Mathematics Clinic - Education (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Mathematics Clinic (484286 Views)

Mathematics Clinic / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / Lead City University Clinic Welcomes First Ever Baby Since 10 Years Of Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by jackpot(f): 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
labodinho: Jackpot scares me off here i must say...

A lady??

hmmm!
shhhhh. . . Easy oooo. wink

The questions I solve are often very cheap left-overs. You should be giving credit to my fellow hommies and 5-STAR Generals kiss who left them for me to use and shine. wink

They solve the harder ones. More credits to them cheesy cool
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Richiez(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
jackpot: shhhhh. . . Easy oooo. wink

The questions I solve are often very cheap left-overs. You should be giving credit to my fellow hommies and 5-STAR Generals kiss who left them for me to use and shine. wink

They solve the harder ones. More credits to them cheesy cool
You're such a girl....very funny

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mickywonder: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Pls guyz help me solve this.its giving me headache
the sum of 3 7/8 and 1 1/3 is less than the difference between 3/8 and 1 2/3 by...........answer
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
I nac ees ym m464m n1 3h7 d esouh...greetins 2u ma.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by AlphaMaximus(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by AlphaMaximus(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Alpha Maximus: you can see your madam in the house and you are greeting her eh? Decode this: 123()_-%. Dgdtz2135^3)5x@ srw(:
..sharp guy.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by wisemania(m): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
@benbuks are you an 31337?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
wisemania: @benbuks are you an 31337?
...mayb..am
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by AlphaMaximus(m): 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mickywonder: 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Are you serious? undecidedwhy not just ask what 1 times 1 is? grin
Alpha Maximus: Are you serious? undecidedwhy not just ask what 1 times 1 is? grin
your post just showed ur upbring.
Did i tell u i was competing with you.y cant u just live n let others live.arrogance diminishes knowledge,its an advice to you to go see a psychologist its obvious ur nat normal.smellos
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mickywonder: 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
Pls guyz help me solve this.its giving me headache
the sum of 3 7/8 and 1 1/3 is less than the difference between 3/8 and 1 2/3 by...........answer
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Alpha, warnin 2u. Any level of mathematics is accepted here,be it d simplex, average, complex, hyper advanced...even professors's math..bring it up, dats y its called a "mathematics clinic"...if u can solved any problem posted , solve..if u cnt , leave, nd wait 2 c solution frm anoda general ok..?..u kw say u b ma guy bt u dey fall ma hand bigtime...hope say u get ma gist.?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by AlphaMaximus(m): 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Solve the simultaneous equations
(10^x)(4^y) = 1
8^x = 10^(y+1)
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by AlphaMaximus(m): 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
mickywonder:

your post just showed ur upbring.
Did i tell u i was competing with you.y cant u just live n let others live.arrogance diminishes knowledge,its an advice to you to go see a psychologist its obvious ur nat normal.smellos
Hey, we don't use such words here, please. He was just kidding when he said that. Go back to his older posts and you'll get what I'm saying. ...peace!
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
mickywonder: Pls guyz help me solve this.its giving me headache
,.i guess dis question is frm "comprehensive mathematics"...first add d first two fractions..then keep ur answer.. Then find d difference in d 2nd two fraction( e.g difference btw 6 n 3 =6-3=3)..then finaly get d difference in both answers...hope my explanation helps..
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by johnpaul1101(m): 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
goodevening every1, plz i need ur help here:
find the value of k given that logk - log(k-2) = log5
(WASSCE JUNE 1995 GENERAL MATHEMATICS THEORY, QUESTION 6b)
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Laplacian(m): 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
smurfy: Solve the simultaneous equations
(10^x)(4^y) = 1
8^x = 10^(y+1)
tak d log of both equations...& solv 4 x and y
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Laplacian(m): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
...there is no analytic solution to:
3^x+4^x=5^x, 4^x=2x, etc...
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
Laplacian:
tak d log of both sides...& solv 4 x and y
It's not that simple, my dear. I'd like to see one of you guys solve it smiley
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
johnpaul1101: goodevening every1, plz i need ur help here:
find the value of k given that logk - log(k-2) = log5
(WASSCE JUNE 1995 GENERAL MATHEMATICS THEORY, QUESTION 6b)

logk - log(k-2) = log5
log [k/(k-2)] = log5
k/(k-2) = 5
k = 5(k-2)
k = 5k - 10
5k - k = 10
4k = 10
k = 5/2
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mickywonder: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Alpha Maximus: ....my post just showed my UPBRING? Don't you mean UPBRINGING? And you're judging me from just one of my posts? Well, if that's the standard method of judgment in vogue, I will have to assert that you are an intractable illiterate who has origins from the lower rungs of the society!!! grin How does my post even give the slightest hint of undue competition? The question was so simple , it had to be a joke!!! Maybe you're an adult who is still in pry 5!! And you say I'm the one one that needs a psychologist!! You must be drinking a bicycle/jonezing!!!!!! *flushes him down the toilet*
Alpha Maximus: ....my post just showed my UPBRING? Don't you mean UPBRINGING? And you're judging me from just one of my posts? Well, if that's the standard method of judgment in vogue, I will have to assert that you are an intractable illiterate who has origins from the lower rungs of the society!!! grin How does my post even give the slightest hint of undue competition? The question was so simple , it had to be a joke!!! Maybe you're an adult who is still in pry 5!! And you say I'm the one one that needs a psychologist!! You must be drinking a bicycle/jonezing!!!!!! *flushes him down the toilet*
lol.there's something wrong.i cant believe a guy is acting this way just because of i corrected him.
For ya info that math question was a jamb past question n if u think its a "1 times 1" question i also think u could have solved it.i forgive u
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mickywonder: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Oga I sabi your yarn wella!! But that question just dey one kind!! No be pikin wey fit punch all those values for calculator and find answer!!! I no even directly insult the guy, I just ask am whether na joke!! Alright, alright...I hear you
Alpha Maximus: Oga I sabi your yarn wella!! But that question just dey one kind!! No be pikin wey fit punch all those values for calculator and find answer!!! I no even directly insult the guy, I just ask am whether na joke!! Alright, alright...I hear you
mr alpha i now get ur point.u actually thought the question is an easy calculation punch question.why dont u try it and understand why i actually brought it on nairaland.as u can see i dont sound dull neither do i sound like someone in a secoundary sch.pls next time know that no body on earth wud take that as a joke.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
jackpot: i hope you meant 1/[(cuberoot2)-1]

Now, since
1/(x-1)=(x2+x+1)/(x3-1),

we have (upon setting x=cuberoot2=21/3) that

1/[(cuberoot2)-1]

equals

(22/3+21/3+1)/(23/3-1)

which simply equals

22/3+21/3+1.

cool cool cool
hmmm ...... smart
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by AlphaMaximus(m): 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by AlphaMaximus(m): 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by MrCalculus(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
I-am-Winner:
there are certain tins in maths that I cant forget.. Smtin lyk dis..

Ans is (root 2) + 1
WRONG
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by MrCalculus(m): 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
jackpot: i hope you meant 1/[(cuberoot2)-1]

Now, since
1/(x-1)=(x2+x+1)/(x3-1),

we have (upon setting x=cuberoot2=21/3) that

1/[(cuberoot2)-1]

equals

(22/3+21/3+1)/(23/3-1)

which simply equals

22/3+21/3+1.

cool cool cool
sis u got me wrong.
d ques is not 1/[(cuberoot2)-1] but 1/(cuberoot2) -1
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by MrCalculus(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Calculus: sis u got me wrong.
d ques is not 1/[(cuberoot2)-1] but 1/(cuberoot2) -1
& DAT MAKES UR ANSWER WRONG......
WEN I DID IT I GOT
-1/(2^1/3+2^2/3+2)
but i dont know if am right.
plz try again and others plz help out
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Ortarico(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Finally back with some questions!
Question 1 : The equivalent of Mr Coker's grandson's life lived in days is Mr Coker's son's life lived in weeks, and also, the equivalent of his grandson's life lived in months is Mr Coker's life lived in years. Altogether, the sum of their ages is 120 years. In how many years will the ratio of Mr Coker's son's age to his grandson's age be 1/15 of Mr Coker's age and also how old was Mr Coker when the sum of the past ages of him , his son and grandson was 9 less than the current sum of their ages?

Bro are you a social science student?

To your question:

A. Reading over the questions one will observe that;
Mr cooker is the grandpa
His son is the father
His son's son is the grandson.

So let grandson age = gs old. If gs is x days old then father is x weeks old i.e 365/52 = 7gs
And if gs is y months old then grandpa =12gs
Now, the total age of all the 3 added together is 120yrs which brings the equation: gs + 7gs + 12gs = 120
20gs = 120
gs = 6
.: grandson = 6yrs
father = 7(6) = 42yrs and grandpa = 12(6) = 72yrs

B. 5yrs
C. 66yrs and 6 months old or 67yrs

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (284) (Reply)

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.