Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,462 members, 7,861,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 - Business (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 (96821 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by LaconicINC: 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
mawojuuche:

sometyms its better to do ur thing without d bonus... it can cause lots of distraction. imagine, u're not even allowed to loose d bonus. u will make dat bonus amount almost 10times for them b4 u can withdraw. it is not a bonus to me....
hear someone trying to trade 5lots within 1month with $50, haba?
hahahahaha,yes o na me 5 lot in one month on a $50 account,i have already traded 1.56 lot so to me its fun, if i take some crazy lot like 0.2 thats just about 15 or 20 trades i think
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by Bollinger(m): 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
Thank God, i'm starting to mature as a trader. Took some years but it's starting to gel together. My emotional stability is better now. The way i react to a 500 pip loss is the same way i react to a 1000 pip gain, zero emotion, but it's hard. I have a better understanding of where true resistance and support levels are now which helps me to stay in a trend or quit while i'm ahead. I'm getting a better grasp of how to trade without staying glued to my computer all day, which helps since i have a day job. I've learnt that there is a holy grail in forex and that the holy grail is filled with losses but managing my losses is the key to success. I've more losing trades that wins but quitting early and staying with my winners has actualy given me profit. I've not had to re-fund my account since August last year. unbelievable. Once again, thank God.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by jtmoneyjt: 9:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
Bollinger: Thank God, i'm starting to mature as a trader. Took some years but it's starting to gel together. My emotional stability is better now. The way i react to a 500 pip loss is the same way i react to a 1000 pip gain, zero emotion, but it's hard. I have a better understanding of where true resistance and support levels are now which helps me to stay in a trend or quit while i'm ahead. I'm getting a better grasp of how to trade without staying glued to my computer all day, which helps since i have a day job. I've learnt that there is a holy grail in forex and that the holy grail is filled with losses but managing my losses is the key to success. I've more losing trades that wins but quitting early and staying with my winners has actualy given me profit. I've not had to re-fund my account since August last year. unbelievable. Once again, thank God.
thank God 4 u man
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by Bollinger(m): 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
jtmoneyjt: thank God 4 u man

Na God,oooooooooo
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by piphacker(m): 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
Eagle wing: Hi all,am new here,how do i start? I have really watched as a guest for a long time and i must say am impressed...kudos to all who never give up posting,may the the good Lord bless u all.....One Love

Eagle wing: Hi all,am new here,how do i start? I have really watched as a guest for a long time and i must say am impressed...kudos to all who never give up posting,may the the good Lord bless u all.....One Love

first start at babypips.com the learn more at https://www.nairaland.com/1161559/new-trend-forex-indicators-amazing
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by piphacker(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
jtmoneyjt: thank God 4 u man

thank God for you. you can get more intresting things here https://www.nairaland.com/1161559/new-trend-forex-indicators-amazing
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by DAvIt0(m): 10:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
Bollinger: Thank God, i'm starting to mature as a trader. Took some years but it's starting to gel together. My emotional stability is better now. The way i react to a 500 pip loss is the same way i react to a 1000 pip gain, zero emotion, but it's hard. I have a better understanding of where true resistance and support levels are now which helps me to stay in a trend or quit while i'm ahead. I'm getting a better grasp of how to trade without staying glued to my computer all day, which helps since i have a day job. I've learnt that there is a holy grail in forex and that the holy grail is filled with losses but managing my losses is the key to success. I've more losing trades that wins but quitting early and staying with my winners has actualy given me profit. I've not had to re-fund my account since August last year. unbelievable. Once again, thank God.

yur mail pls thNks
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by raycolz84: 9:19am On Jan 19, 2013
Happy weekends peepz
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by leopower(m): 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
good day fellow hunters, pls can anybody in house help with the use of pip locker as i need it dearly. i av the pip locker but i dont know how to use pls help on dat.
rozay5 & endfx pls contact me on ekojamiu@gmail.com
thks every one may the pips be with us.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by ncpat(m): 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
Clean Chart Download HERE

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by infofirst(m): 1:52pm On Jan 19, 2013
3 Things to Take Note Of When Investing Or Trading
1) Capital Preservation
George Soros and Warren Buffett share one thing in common: Both of them make their billions from investing alone, and had started with nothing.
George Soros is famous for his highly leveraged trades in the forex and futures markets, whereas Warren Buffett is famous for buying businesses for less than what he thinks they are worth. Most investors and traders would say that their first goal in investment is to make a lot of money. But the number one priority for both Soros and Buffet is capital preservation.
“Survive first, and make money afterwards.” – George Soros
“Investing Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget Rule No. 1.” – Warren Buffett
It may sound oxymoron to say that winning investors should try their best to preserve their capital when it comes to investing. First of all, why is it so important not to lose money? This is the logic: If you lose 50% of your capital, you have to make a 100% profit just to recoup all your losses. It is very easy to lose money, but extremely difficult to make profits. While it is possible that you eventually make enough to go back to square one, it will take a considerable amount of time to do that. And why would anyone want to spend time recouping instead of using that time to make profits?
Capital preservation must be seen as a long-term rule, and not be based on each and every trade. Limit your risk exposure to only trades that are very likely to go your way than not. Have a method to screen for these high probability trades based on your trading criteria.
2) Risk Management
There is risk in doing and not doing everything in life. Risk is unavoidable, and we can’t get around it. People tend to think that investing or trading is a very risky thing to do. This statement reeks of an absolute bias and contains an assumption. First of all, risk is not absolute; it is relative to the individual undertaking the activity. Second, it assumes that in order to make above-average profits, you must expose yourself to bigger risks.
A competent investor or trader most probably won’t find investing or trading to be a risky thing to do. An experienced pilot wouldn’t find flying a plane to be particularly risky, whereas someone without a pilot’s license would think so. While there is always some inherent risk involved, the magnitude of risk is relative to a person’s knowledge, understanding, experience and competence. Someone new to trading will think that trading is a very risky way of making money, and that is true – but to him. He doesn’t yet have a comprehensive understanding of how the markets work, how to get into high probability trades, how to manage his own emotions, and trading would definitely be very risky for someone like that to take the plunge without proper learning and experience.
As for taking big risks in order to make big profits, that may not necessarily the case when it comes to trading or investing. You can reduce risk by aiming for high probability trades or actively manage risk by monitoring and closing out your open positions if it seems that the market is not going your way. You can even completely avoid risk if there seems to be no good trades. There is risk in everything you do – whether you walk home, drive or date a stranger. It is OK to take risks. Have a risk-minimizing system in place so that you can come out profitable in the long-term.
3) Invest In Your Knowledge
There are 4 stages of learning:
• Unconscious incompetence: doesn’t know that he doesn’t know
• Conscious incompetence: knows that he doesn’t know
• Conscious competence: knows what he knows, and knows what he doesn’t know
• Unconscious competence: knows that he knows
Many new traders are in the first stage of unconscious incompetence. They are more prone to losses because they are quite unaware of what they are doing due to their limited knowledge and experience. If you are a new to investing or trading any particular asset, accept that you really don’t know much about it. Make the subject your expertise and dedicate some time to learning more about it. Once you gain more experience with investing or trading, you may not feel anymore that it is so risky to trade compared to when you were clueless about it.
As Warren Buffett says: “Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing.”
Sorri for the lengthy tins

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by honeric01(m): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2013
Just a post i find interesting and worth reading:

By victoryindia:

Achieving success in futures trading requires avoiding numerous pitfalls as much, or more, than it does seeking out and executing winning trades. In fact, most professional traders will tell you that it's not any specific trading methodologies that make traders successful, but instead it's the overall rules to which those traders strictly adhere that keep them "in the game" long enough to achieve success.

* The following are 10 of the most prevalent mistakes that traders make in futures trading. They are listed in no particular order of importance:

1. Failure to have a trading plan in place before a trade is executed.

A trader with no specific plan of action in place upon entry into a futures trade does not know, among other things, when or where he or she will exit the trade, or about how much money may be made or lost. Traders with no pre-determined trading plan are flying by the seat of their pants, and that's usually a recipe for a "crash and burn."

2. Inadequate trading assets or improper money management.

It does not take a fortune to trade futures markets with success. Traders with less than $5,000 in their trading accounts can and do trade futures successfully. And, traders with $50,000 or more in their trading accounts can and do lose it all in a heartbeat. Part of trading successfully boils down to proper money management, and not gunning for those highly risky "home-run" type trades that involve too much trading capital at one time.

3. Expectations that is too high, too soon.

Beginning futures traders that expect to quit their "day job" and make good living trading futures in their first few years of trading are usually disappointed. You don't become a successful doctor or lawyer or business owner in the first couple of years of the practice. It takes hard work and perseverance to achieve success in any field of endeavor--and trading futures is no different. Futures trading are not the easy, "get-rich-quick" scheme that a few unsavory characters make it out to be.

4. Failure to use protective stops.

Using protective buy stops or sell stops upon entering a trade provide a trader with a good idea of about how much money he or she is risking on that particular trade, should it turn out to be a loser. Protective stops are a good money-management tool, but are not perfect. There are no perfect money-management tools in futures trading.

5. Lack of "patience" and "discipline."

While these two virtues are over-worked and very often mentioned when determining what unsuccessful trader's lack, not many will argue with their merits. Indeed. Don't trade just for the sake of trading or just because you haven't traded for a while. Let those very good trading "set-ups" come to you, and then act upon them in a prudent way. The market will do what the market wants to do--and nobody can force the market's hand.

6. Trading against the trend--or trying to pick tops and bottoms in markets.

It's human nature to want to buy low and sell high (or sell high and buy low for short-side traders). Unfortunately, that's not at all a proven mean of making profits in futures trading. Top pickers and bottom-pickers usually are trading against the trend, which is a major mistake.

7. Letting losing positions ride too long.

Most successful traders will not sit on a losing position very long at all. They'll set a tight protective stop, and if it's hit they'll take their losses (usually minimal) and then move on to the next potential trading set up. Traders, who sit on a losing trade, "hoping" that the market will soon turn around in their favor, are usually doomed.

8. "Over-trading."

Trading too many markets at one time is a mistake--especially if you are racking up losses. If trading losses are piling up, it's time to cut back on trading, even though there is the temptation to make more trades to recover the recently lost trading assets. It takes keen focus and concentration to be a successful futures trader. Having "too many irons in the fire" at one time is a mistake.

9. Failure to accept complete responsibility for your own actions.

When you have a losing trade or are in a losing streak, don't blame your broker or someone else. You are the one who is responsible for your own success or failure in trading. You make the trading decisions. If you feel you are not in firm control of your own trading, then why do you feel that way? You should make immediate changes that put you in firm control of your own trading destiny.

10. Not getting a bigger-picture perspective on a market.

One can look at a daily bar chart and get a shorter-term perspective on a market trend. But a look at the longer-term weekly or monthly chart for that same market can reveal a completely different perspective. It is prudent to examine longer-term charts, for that bigger-picture perspective, when contemplating a trade.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by infofirst(m): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2013
support at 1.3269, and resistance at 1.3387, its taken from the daily chrt n just decided to save from 15 tf hmm

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by jamace(m): 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
Happy tweaking weekend. grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by Bollinger(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
DAvIt0:

yur mail pls thNks

check your box.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by Bollinger(m): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
A break of 13190 may take eurcad 15min time frame to 13087. But be mindful that the trend is still very bullish on the daily, and a fib expansion target of 13400 still stands. The fib expansion was generated on the 9th and 22nd of october 2012 respectively. Also usdcad on the daily chart is very bearish because of the break of 9823 and 9835 respectively. So with the use of fib expansions, a target of 9622 is envisioned. At present price, one can sell audusd 15min for a tp of 10458, but a break of 10516, in this case, which is our stop loss, also serves as entry point to fib target of 10542. Lastly, an opportunity for a sell off appears on the gbpchf 5min time frame for a fib target of 14720. A break of 14838 voids this trade. Good luck.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by LaconicINC: 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
I HAVE 50 UNITS OF LIBERTY RESERVE TO SELL AT #165
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by rozayx5(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
hi traders, how is your weekend going cool
* continues drawing earning projections and targets for the week *
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by lawson007(m): 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
^^^@Rozayx5,i just dropped something for you at the research room,put on your lab coat b4 checking it out. wink
weekend is looking too long already .
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by Concept(m): 12:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
Check the site out, may be that strategy you have been building is the bomb. Who knows? http://screencast.com/t/XUCSQxXw http://forexsb.com http://www.fileguru.com/apps/forex_expert_advisor_builder
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by jtmoneyjt: 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
LaconicINC: I HAVE 50 UNITS OF LIBERTY RESERVE TO SELL AT #165
i nid 30 units of dis do u hav 2 sel stil,how do we go abt it.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by BTFormular: 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
jtmoneyjt: i nid 30 units of dis do u hav 2 sel stil,how do we go abt it.
what is all these sellings abt? what do you need 30units for? pls answer me
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by natruetalk: 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
rozayx5: hi traders, how is your weekend going

* [continues drawing earning projections and targets for the week *

doing same here boss, i dey pity all those euro pairs, 'll continuing enjoying the weekend sha as am preparing to watch super sunday's match.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by zinosleek(m): 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hello house, been going through bbstop strategy, its a very good system with lots of potential but the problem I'm having is how to place TP. Anyone?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by prowitin(m): 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hv been looking at my chart I no de see any thing...I wonder what u guys are seeing in EU.........abeg I can't shout.side line things for this week open.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by prowitin(m): 2:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
BTFormular: what is all these sellings abt? what do you need 30units for? pls answer me

Pls let them sell any thing they like now....that is the fruit of their labour
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by natruetalk: 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
prowitin: Hv been looking at my chart I no de see any thing...I wonder what u guys are seeing in EU.........abeg I can't shout.side line things for this week open.

too early to predict, but i saw bearish of atleast 100pips on EG and EC only time will tell sha
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by teeboy4x(m): 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
natruetalk:

too early to predict, but i saw bearish of atleast 100pips on EG and EC only time will tell sha

Nice 2 meet u here,we still need u d oda side boss...pls check ur mail

HAPPY SUNDAY

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
Concept: Check the site out, may be that strategy you have been building is the bomb. Who knows? http://screencast.com/t/XUCSQxXw http://forexsb.com http://www.fileguru.com/apps/forex_expert_advisor_builder

were have you been bro, inbox jor cheesy
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
zinosleek: Hello house, been going through bbstop strategy, its a very good system with lots of potential but the problem I'm having is how to place TP. Anyone?
I think if you enter the trade early enough you can keep locking your profits until the trend reverses and then you exit the trade.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 by zinosleek(m): 6:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
lari03: I think if you enter the trade early enough you can keep locking your profits until the trend reverses and then you exit the trade.

thanks. i can see the strategy is based on trend and i intend to start using it this week after the backsteping i have done on the strategy. a very profitable system that let you start trend early.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (102)

Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate From 1972-2017 Will Amaze You (photos) / Who Are The Top Ten Richest People In Nigeria Now? / Football Betting Season 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.