Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,778 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? (5374 Views)

Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention / Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by ambrosini593(m): 11:55am On Jan 01, 2013
I believe they don't even celebrate birthdays also. Is it bad to say happy new year to them and then the next thing they go angry with you. What kind of religion that will not allow its followers to give thanks to God for seeing a new year. What kind of religion that believe in God and not Jesus. What's your point on this.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by iamSi(m): 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
LoL!!!! Angry??.... They dont Give thanks?_ hahahahahaah!!! Na wa Ooooo_ I have most of 'em as my friends _ why wuld someone just come up with wroooong accusations? Lol_ sorry are u a pastor or wat?_ try search for the origin of christmas and new year urself_ do research pls and kindly feed us back with honest points_

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Ymodulus: 1:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
ambrosini593: . Is it bad to say happy new year to them and then the next thing they go angry with you.

Next time dont lie to pass a point. i hate it.

If you say happy new year to a witness there are 2 response.

1. if he knows you are fully aware he doesnt celebrate new year he will just be silent. or tell u straight up i dont clbrate new year.

2. if he knows you are not aware of the fact he dont clbrate new year and he just want to be silent he simply say THANKS and not SAME TO YOU.

Also go check the history of New Year festivity it has pagan Origin. thats why they dont clbrate such. they have the belief of not clbrating anytin pagan over what the bible says.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
I wonder why they haven't yet done away with the 'pagnistic' calender the world is using in favour of the biblical hebrew calender.I tire for their hypocrisyoo
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Ymodulus: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
chukwudi44: I wonder why they haven't yet done away with the 'pagnistic' calender the world is using in favour of the biblical hebrew calender.I tire for their hypocrisyoo

its obvious you are a catholic.
sir but the catholic also engage in pagans activities alot.

And please before you criticise your fellow christian why not go have a view on the origin of pagan activities in todays christendom and you would see the catholics have done more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by ijawkid(m): 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
chukwudi44: I wonder why they haven't yet done away with the 'pagnistic' calender the world is using in favour of the biblical hebrew calender.I tire for their hypocrisyoo

You stiLl wan mumu yourself here I think??.......
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Ymodulus: 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
chukwudi44: I tire for their hypocrisyoo

Also the catholics are very hypocritical.

1. Pope going against Turkey joining the EU.

2. they are quick to condem pagan practises why their own beliefs are deeply rooted in paganism.

Infact Catholics openy accept the fact that their beliefs are from traditions

This can be seen in the CATHEISM BOOK OF THE CATHOLICS.

nasty hypocrite

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Rich4god(m): 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ymodulus:

Also the catholics are very hypocritical.

1. Pope going against Turkey joining the EU.

2. they are quick to condem pagan practises why their own beliefs are deeply rooted in paganism.

Infact Catholics openy accept the fact that their beliefs are from traditions

This can be seen in the CATHEISM BOOK OF THE CATHOLICS.

nasty hypocrite
In as much as i dont support anyone calling some one else hypocrite, that does not mean that you should just write things without having proper information about it.
@1...Pope Benedict XVI said his forthcoming visit to Turkey was a sign of the friendship he held for the Turkish people. “As you all know I am leaving for Turkey on Tuesday,” the Pontiff said in his weekly Angelus prayer in Rome on Sunday. “Starting right now, I want to send a cordial greeting to the dear Turkish people, rich in history and culture. To these people and their representatives I express feelings of esteem and sincere friendship.”[50]

Pope Benedict XVI said he backs Turkey's bid to join the European Union, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said after meeting the pontiff upon his arrival in Ankara for his first visit to a Muslim country. The Pope told Erdoğan that while the Vatican seeks to stay out of politics it "desires Turkey's membership in the EU" ....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XVI_and_Islam
@2... The church teaches that our beliefs stem from the bible and traditions. For something to be of tradition, does not mean that its from pagan belief/origin.
One thing i believe and stand for in this life is that everybody is entitled to his or her own belief, and should just hold up to it and stop criticizing one another cos am pretty sure that no matter what you believe in, there is always a loop hole in your belief that makes it look odd to that of another.So bottom line is just stay put with your faith and live others to practice theirs. All that matters is your heart and your way of life. "Of what use is your believe/faith if you dont have love for your brother/sister."

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2013
The last time I chevked the op asked why JEHOVAH'S WITNESS does not celebrate christmas and new year, and gradually you guys are derailing the thread simply because a CATHOLIC wrote about his observation. I guess anything 'catholic' should be attacked by my fellow protestants.

@op... It baffles me too but did you say they believe in God and not Jesus? If yes then They are not fit to be called christians cos they aren't 'CHRISTLIKE'.
Christians believe that JESUS is GOD.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by DANILSA(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
ambrosini593: I believe they don't even celebrate birthdays also. Is it bad to say happy new year to them and then the next thing they go angry with you. What kind of religion that will not allow its followers to give thanks to God for seeing a new year. What kind of religion that believe in God and not Jesus. What's your point on this.
THAT'S HOW YOU OVERZEALOUS SO CALLED CHRISTIANS GO SPOILING OTHER PEOPLE'S RELIGION,THEY BELIEVE IN JESUS.
THEY DONT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS BECAUSE ITS NOT IN THE BIBLE,SAME GOES FOR BIRTHDAY. YOU CAN NEVER TELL THEM HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THEY GET ANGRY WITH YOU, PLS STOP THE LIES,THEY ONLY REPLY THANKS. THANKING GOD SHOULD BE ON A DAILY BASIS OR HOURLY BASIS NOT THANKING GOD ONES IN 366 DAYS. WHAT MAKES THE NEW YEAR SPECIAL FROM OTHERS? PLS RESEARCH DUDE. MY 2 CENT
WWW.JW.ORG

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by DANILSA(m): 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
Why Do Some People Not Celebrate Christmas?

Around the world, nearly two billion people celebrate Christmas each December 25, while at least 200 million others celebrate the birthday of Jesus Christ on January 7. However, there are also millions who choose not to celebrate Christmas at all. Why?

For one thing, they may belong to a religion that is not part of Christendom. They may be of the Jewish, Hindu, or Shinto faith, to name a few. Others, such as atheists, agnostics, freethinkers, or secular humanists, view the Christmas story as a myth.

Surprisingly, though, a sizable number of people who believe in Jesus reject the Yuletide traditions. Why? They point to at least four reasons.

First, they do not believe that Jesus was born in either December or January. The Bible does not give a specific date. It simply states: “There were also in that same country shepherds living out of doors and keeping watches in the night over their flocks. And suddenly Jehovah’s angel stood by them, and . . . the angel said to them: ‘. . . There was born to you today a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.’”​—Luke 2:8-11.

Facts point to Jesus’ birth at approximately the beginning of October when shepherds with their flocks would still spend the night in the fields. The countryside around Bethlehem experiences the coldest weather during the months of December and January. Hence, to keep them warm at night, flocks are herded into protective shelters.

A second reason: The only event Jesus specifically instructed his followers to commemorate was his death, not his birth, and this was to be done as a simple communion meal. (Luke 22:19, 20) Note, too, that the Gospels of Mark and John are silent about Jesus’ birth.

The only event Jesus specifically instructed his followers to commemorate was his death, not his birth

A third reason: There is no historical evidence that the early Christians celebrated the birth of the Christ. But they did memorialize his death. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26) It was not until more than 300 years after Jesus’ birth that Christendom officially began to observe Christmas on December 25. Interestingly, in the mid-17th century, an act of parliament banned Christmas celebrations in England. In the United States, the Massachusetts General Court did the same. Why? The book The Battle for Christmas, says: “There is no biblical or historical reason to place the birth of Jesus on December 25.” It adds that to the Puritans, “Christmas was nothing but a pagan festival covered with a Christian veneer.”

That brings us to a fourth reason: The unsavory origin of the celebration itself. The roots of Christmas can be traced back to pagan Rome with its mixture of festivals for honoring the agricultural god Saturn and the sun god Sol Invictus, or Mithra. Anthropologists Christian Rätsch and Claudia Müller-Ebeling, coauthors of the book Pagan Christmas, write: “Like many pre-Christian customs and beliefs, the old feast commemorating the yearly return of the sun was rededicated to the birth of Christ.”

In view of the foregoing, can you see why true Christians do not celebrate Christmas?
WWW.JW.ORG

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by DANILSA(m): 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
HOPE I DID JUSTICE TO UR QUESTION OP IN HIS CHRISTMAS MESSAGE PASTOR CHRIS OHYAKILOME SAID JESUS WAS NOT BORN ON 25TH DECEMBER BUT THAT IT SHOULD NOT STOP MEMBERS FROM CELEBRATING IT. SO DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL NEXT TIME.NTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ymodulus:

And please before you criticise your fellow christian why not go have a view on the origin of pagan activities in todays christendom and you would see the catholics have done more harm than good.

This post is about JWs non acceptance of xmas on the basis that it has a 'pagan' origin.Considering the fact that the calender months and dates also have pagan origins why don't they also discard it.

Is the continued use of this 'pagan' calender not hypocrital?

If you know anything about catholic ionvolvement in paganism kindly spill it here and stop blabbing.

Catholics and the rest of christendom celebrate the birth of Jesus on xmas Day and not any pagan god.Get that into your head.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ymodulus:

This post is about JWs non acceptance of xmas on the basis that it has a 'pagan' origin.Considering the fact that the calender months and dates also have pagan origins why don't they also discard it.

Is the continued use of this 'pagan' calender not hypocrital?

If you know anything about catholic ionvolvement in paganism kindly spill it here and stop blabbing.

Catholics and the rest of christendom celebrate the birth of Jesus on xmas Day and not any pagan god.Get that into your head.

Next time before you lie against the pope get your facts right and not come here to advertise your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Ymodulus: 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2013
Rich4god:
In as much as i dont support anyone calling some one else hypocrite, that does not mean that you should just write things without having proper information about it.
@1...Pope Benedict XVI said his forthcoming visit to Turkey was a sign of the friendship he held for the Turkish people. “As you all know I am leaving for Turkey on Tuesday,” the Pontiff said in his weekly Angelus prayer in Rome on Sunday. “Starting right now, I want to send a cordial greeting to the dear Turkish people, rich in history and culture. To these people and their representatives I express feelings of esteem and sincere friendship.”[50]

Pope Benedict XVI said he backs Turkey's bid to join the European Union, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said after meeting the pontiff upon his arrival in Ankara for his first visit to a Muslim country. The Pope told Erdoğan that while the Vatican seeks to stay out of politics it "desires Turkey's membership in the EU" ....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XVI_and_Islam
@2... The church teaches that our beliefs stem from the bible and traditions. For something to be of tradition, does not mean that its from pagan belief/origin.
One thing i believe and stand for in this life is that everybody is entitled to his or her own belief, and should just hold up to it and stop criticizing one another cos am pretty sure that no matter what you believe in, there is always a loop hole in your belief that makes it look odd to that of another.So bottom line is just stay put with your faith and live others to practice theirs. All that matters is your heart and your way of life. "Of what use is your believe/faith if you dont have love for your brother/sister."

Mr man that was what the pope wud tell the public this is what really happened.

WIKILEAKS RELEASED IT. AND VATICAN DENIED.

http://m.guardiannews.com/world/2010/dec/10/wikileaks-pope-turkey-eu-muslim
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by gst101: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
when people say the birth of jesus is not in the bible i just laugh. But we know what is recorded in luke 1 and 2. Xmas has no pegan origin. Are we saying the birth of jesus is a pegan thing? Or is it becos of the day most people celebrate it? Ok, what about those christians especially coptics and eastern orthodox that celebrate theirs in january? What wrong with replacing a pegan practice with christian revelation,xmas
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by gst101: 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
the idea that christmas has 'pegan origin' as spread by JWs is absolute falsehood and this has to be debunked! Bring your evidence to show that the pegans celebrated the SOLEMNITY of the BIRTH OF JESUS. These are people how did not even know jesus so tell me how the solemnity of jesus' birth has pegan root.

The birth of jesus is recorded in the bible and we cant deny it. The only thing early christians did is to take a divine revelation of great and profound truth in xmas, and put it in place of the worship of a sun god as peganism was being kicked out of rome.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Ymodulus: 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
chukwudi44:

Are U for real?
Are u aware to this day catholic are deeply involve in pagan activities?
what will u call the kneeling down to that carved ceramic u guys call holy mary? is dat not pagan acts?
Are u aware catholics are the real problem to christian of today?

Are u aware catholics brought in lies thousands of lies to proppagate their message?

my friend get ur facts right before saying things for your info this set of christians dont celebrate Xmas.

1. Latter day saint
2. 7th day adventist
3. Jehovahs witness
4. Messianic
5. fundamentalist megachurch
6. Amish/Mennonite groups
7. Worldwide Church of God
under founder Herbert Armstrong
and his son Garner Ted Armstrong
did not celebrate Christmas,
Easter, or even birthdays

8. puritans under Oliver
Cromwell
9. and so many odas dont clbrate christmas. so pls get your facts right.
also google search on d origin of christmas and read for yourself.
even d catholic encyclopedia admits it well that jesus was not born on 25th or do u call me a liar?

Next time before you lie against the pope get your facts right and not come here to advertise your ignorance

mr i didnt lie against your idolised pope. see the links below.
it was wikileaks cable exposion on how the pope neva wanted turkey in eu.

or do u still call me a liar?
before u idolise your pope get to know him better.

FINALLY ARE YOU A LEARNER? chukwudi your stupidity is taking over you. ignorant catholic.

dont insult me next time.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Adesiji77: 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
gst101: the idea that christmas has 'pegan origin' as spread by JWs is absolute falsehood and this has to be debunked! Bring your evidence to show that the pegans celebrated the SOLEMNITY of the BIRTH OF JESUS. These are people how did not even know jesus so tell me how the solemnity of jesus' birth has pegan root.

The birth of jesus is recorded in the bible and we cant deny it. The only thing early christians did is to take a divine revelation of great and profound truth in xmas, and put it in place of the worship of a sun god as peganism was being kicked out of rome.

Take note of this with an open mind- Jesus never celebrated his birthday (he lived some 33 1/2 years on earth) neither did any of his disciples and he did not command his followers to do so. Even the Jews who preceded him did not. See what historians have to say on the Jews and early Christians below...

The notion of a birthday festival was far from the ideas of the Christians of this period in general.”—The History of the Christian Religion and Church, During the Three First Centuries (New York, 1848), Augustus Neander (translated by Henry John Rose), p. 190.
“The later Hebrews looked on the celebration of birthdays as a part of idolatrous worship, a view which would be abundantly confirmed by what they saw of the common observances associated with these days.”—The Imperial Bible-Dictionary (London, 1874), edited by Patrick Fairbairn, Vol. I, p. 225.

The two recorded instances of birthday celebrations in the Bible were not portrayed in a positive light

To be a ''Christian'' should mean following the teachings and direction of Christ, not what has been handed down as traditions. Why would he ask his disciples to commemorate his death and NOT his date of birth i.e. birthday?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by gst101: 9:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
i want to ask JWs a question. Do you know that baptism and the 'evening meal' as you call it, were first practiced by the pegans long before jesus was born? But you dont see it as a 'pegan' practice. You dont see it as a copied ritual from peganism
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by ijawkid(m): 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
gst101: when people say the birth of jesus is not in the bible i just laugh. But we know what is recorded in luke 1 and 2. Xmas has no pegan origin. Are we saying the birth of jesus is a pegan thing? Or is it becos of the day most people celebrate it? Ok, what about those christians especially coptics and eastern orthodox that celebrate theirs in january? What wrong with replacing a pegan practice with christian revelation,xmas

The commemoration of Jesus' birth is what is the fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............no 1st century christian(the apostles) commemorated the birth of Jesus.....not even mary and John....NONE of them........if you see nothing wrong with replacing a pagan festival with the commemoration of Christ birth(which Jesus himself never commanded or practiced) then you need to check if you are really a follwer of Christ or some presumptuous professed christian..........Jesus wasn't born on xmas day.....anyone who says that is as fraudulent as december 25th......

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by ijawkid(m): 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
gst101: i want to ask JWs a question. Do you know that baptism and the 'evening meal' as you call it, were first practiced by the pegans long before jesus was born? But you dont see it as a 'pegan' practice. You dont see it as a copied ritual from peganism

You errr....

Jesus got baptized and also took part in the evening meal......did Jesus celebrate his birthday let alone given a go ahead for his birthday to be celebrated??......

And please don't tell me pagan celebrated the passover.....smh!!!!....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by gst101: 9:31pm On Jan 01, 2013
@adesiji, show me where any christian who does xmas say he is celebrating the BIRTHDAY of jesus? Just show me. and i promise you, you will never find. Secondly dont go about quoting people whos authority is not proven and much less an editor of "IMPERIAL" bible. You need to look at that word imperial and see where you fault is.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by gst101: 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2013
ijawkid:

You errr....

Jesus got baptized and also took part in the evening meal......did Jesus celebrate his birthday let alone given a go ahead for his birthday to be celebrated??......

And please don't tell me pagan celebrated the passover.....smh!!!!....
why dont you just find out. Information is soo soo availiable.
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by ijawkid(m): 9:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
gst101: why dont you just find out. Information is soo soo availiable.

What info??.............which of the info??....that Jesus commemorated his own birthday or what??..........
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by plappville(f): 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
DANILSA: HOPE I DID JUSTICE TO UR QUESTION OP IN HIS CHRISTMAS MESSAGE PASTOR CHRIS OHYAKILOME SAID JESUS WAS NOT BORN ON 25TH DECEMBER BUT THAT IT SHOULD NOT STOP MEMBERS FROM CELEBRATING IT. SO DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL NEXT TIME.NTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*MEN TRADITION * , IF THIS IS NOT IN THE PRACTICE INITIATED BY THE APOSTLES OR CHRIST HIMSELF, THEN ITS THE KIND OF TRADITIONS JESUS WARNS AGAINST. *but* e no mean, hahaha....how many will miss it!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by gst101: 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
ijawkid:

What info??.............which of the info??....that Jesus commemorated his own birthday or what??..........
no body is commerorating any BIRTHDAY. Get that straight!
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by plappville(f): 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ymodulus:

Are U for real?
Are u aware to this day catholic are deeply involve in pagan activities?
what will u call the kneeling down to that carved ceramic u guys call holy mary? is dat not pagan acts?
Are u aware catholics are the real problem to christian of today?

Are u aware catholics brought in lies thousands of lies to proppagate their message?o

my friend get ur facts right before saying things for your info this set of christians dont celebrate Xmas.

1. Latter day saint
2. 7th day adventist
3. Jehovahs witness
4. Messianic
5. fundamentalist megachurch
6. Amish/Mennonite groups
7. Worldwide Church of God
under founder Herbert Armstrong
and his son Garner Ted Armstrong
did not celebrate Christmas,
Easter, or even birthdays

8. puritans under Oliver
Cromwell
9. and so many odas dont clbrate christmas. so pls get your facts right.
also google search on d origin of christmas and read for yourself.
even d catholic encyclopedia admits it well that jesus was not born on 25th or do u call me a liar?

mr i didnt lie against your idolised pope. see the links below.
it was wikileaks cable exposion on how the pope neva wanted turkey in eu.

or do u still call me a liar?
before u idolise your pope get to know him better.

FINALLY ARE YOU A LEARNER? chukwudi your stupidity is taking over you. ignorant catholic.

dont insult me next time.

@OP, did you see this? THE JW ARE NOT THE ONLY eye opened Christians...there many more outside this list. I advise you study your bible with open mind. Similar issues has been discussed recently, take a look.

This thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1140240/christians-trace-history-feastival#13512419

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Rich4god(m): 10:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
ijawkid:

I keep on telling you this... We are rejoincing over the birth of Christ...
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Ymodulus: 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
plappville:

*MEN TRADITION * , IF THIS IS NOT IN THE PRACTICE INITIATED BY THE APOSTLES OR CHRIST HIMSELF, THEN ITS THE KIND OF TRADITIONS JESUS WARNS AGAINST. *but* e no mean, hahaha....how many will miss it!!

u are a darling. we need ladies like u in this section.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by gst101: 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
JWs when you read the stroy of the birth of jesus in mattew and luke, what come to your mind? What does the holy spirit (if you believe in him and reverence hm) minister to you as you study the birth of jesus (the begining of the fufilment of Gods promise to mankind) as reported in mattew and luke? I want you all to reply this post god bless you
Re: Why Are Jehovah Witnesses Not Celebrating Christmas And New Year? by Ymodulus: 10:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
Rich4god:
I keep on telling you this... We are rejoincing over the birth of Christ...

mr have u seen the link to my article ? i didnt lie against the pope so pls next time i will apppreciate it if u ask me for proves before calling me a liar. thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Irete Odu Ifa / MUST READ: Doctor Narrates His Lovely And Scary Near-death Experience / 12 Kinds Of Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.