Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return (19275 Views)

Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities / Confusion In Enugu As Chime Revokes Ex-governors' Lands, Demolishes Houses / Nnamani Crashes, As Chime, Saraki Hold Sway In Enugu, Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Lbrasi: 7:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
I LOVE NIGERIA!
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Blueboy0402: 7:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
What is happening to our state governors
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ok
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by mymadam(m): 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
"Hello, Chime. This is OBJ. Are you dead?"

No response. Still waiting though! God bless Nigeria.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
dayokanu: Umaru Sullivan YarAdua Chime where are you?

You no well lai lai.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by danniekute(m): 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
Na wa oooo, so dia are no more elders in Enugu state... Ifeoma Nwobodo,de facto governor..mtcheeeeeew.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by playahP(m): 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
The guy is suffering from diabetes... The severe type that has messed with his organs! He is currently on life support.... Coupled with the fact that he was diagnosed with hiv last year. He was getting better but all of a sudden, he relapsed. He needs our prayers!
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by PalmTree(m): 7:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
Highbros: Somebody should give me his number, I want to call him to confirm.

+447-8046-7823-91, just called him though and he permitted me to give you his digits. You need not ask me what we discussed 'cos now you can ask him yaself. grin grin grin
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by back2sender: 7:54pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nemesis catchin up wit PDP Gov or how can u explain disĀ» all mishaps n sickness na dem alone. Retardeen na remain I will dance azonto dat day. He cannot put pain on pple n expect to live happily
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nightshift(m): 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
playah P: The guy is suffering from diabetes... The severe type that has messed with his organs! He is currently on life support.... Coupled with the fact that he was diagnosed with hiv last year. He was getting better but all of a sudden, he relapsed. He needs our prayers!
Did you get your information from Garriki motor park? It sounds much like that.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nuzo1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
This delay and lack of regards for the constitution is simply for the fear of Chime's zone loosing out from the gubernatorial seat to the deputy's senatorial zone.

Yaradua, northern elders and Jonathan come to mind.

Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nightshift(m): 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
danniekute: Na wa oooo, so dia are no more elders in Enugu state... Ifeoma Nwobodo,de facto governor..mtcheeeeeew.
Has Mrs. Nwobodo more power than Chime's wife?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by nelsus001: 7:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
Chime quick recoveryl and resume ur office i love u 2 complete ur tenure in office with gud health.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by pazienza(m): 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
playah P: The guy is suffering from diabetes... The severe type that has messed with his organs! He is currently on life support.... Coupled with the fact that he was diagnosed with hiv last year. He was getting better but all of a sudden, he relapsed. He needs our prayers!
Chai! Asiri beer parlour.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nightshift(m): 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nuzo':
Were his deputy to be another person or senatorial zone, he wouldve been sworn in as the governor by now.
He is not only hated by the lawmakers, most Enugu people from chime's zone don't give a jack about him.

This delay and lack of regards by the constitution is simply for the fear of Chime's zone loosing out from the gubernatorial seat to the deputy's senatorial zone.

Yaradua, northern elders and Jonathan come to mind.

Pathetic!
Naturally, Udi and Nkanu people ( the governor and his deputy hails from the two areas )have always worked together. I never heard of any political acrimony between the areas.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nuzo1(m): 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
pazienza: Chai! Asiri beer parlour.

What's wrong with him then?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by dulphines: 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
qualified: No cause for alarm. He is on a one year vacation, mtchew
where is that clown, jchime, to defend 'his uncle'?
I wonder why they are playing politics wit his whereabouts
Are u sure the Governor knows who Jchime is or whatever is his real name?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by ubong560(m): 8:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
They said there was a tension and nobody cared to ask what kind of tension was it. Pls was it "high tension" or "low tension"

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nuzo1(m): 8:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nightshift: Naturally, Udi and Nkanu people ( the governor and his deputy hails from the two areas )have always worked together. I never heard of any political acrimony between the areas.

People from these areas have always worked together as brothers. Politically, not so well.

So the fear is that with Nkanu deputy on seat, Jim Nwobodo or Chimaroke clique might resurface cos the deputy is seen as liverless...and I'm sure you know what that means?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Koolface4u: 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
salam001: Get well soon Sir
"Get well sir" or rest in peace sir?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nightshift(m): 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nuzo':

People from these areas have always worked together as brothers. Politically, not so well.

So the fear is that with Nkanu deputy on seat, Jim Nwobodo or Chimaroke clique might resurface cos the deputy is seen as liverless...and I'm sure you know what that means?
Chimaroke equally thought that Chime was lifeless when he nominated Chime as PDP flag bearer for governorship election. The rest is history. When a dog lays low, don't assume it can't bite . My worry is allowing those so-called Ebeano camp hijack the state again. They are men of iniquity; Enugu state suffered a lot in their mafia-like control .
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2013
He should simply be impeached.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by dangiwa09(m): 8:28pm On Jan 01, 2013

@playah

If what you just stated is NOT true, then all the sickness you stated will befall you and your family and your offsprings, IJN!
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by plendil: 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
Prof Corruption: He should simply be impeached.

on what grounds?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by geeez: 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hillary Clinton, the former US Secretary of State recently resigned her appointment to attend to her health.

Till date, the report on her health is in public domain. I wonder why on earth a governor will disappear for almost half a year and no one can say a word about where he is and the state of his health.

This is governance at its worst and I think he can and should be impeached
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Emdee590(m): 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
greateros: Chime made a grand mistake the day he married that his 2nd wife.

I know that family very well in isuochi. the okonkwos. they are a cursed family - the curse is from the linage of the mother in-law because of her atrocities! her first son in-law died mysteriously her husband also died mysteriously, now Chime is in the same situation! mysterious circumstances.

I may sound archaic but i know am right - Chimes travails started from the day he stepped into that family. . .

Chime was doing very fine, healthy and productive until he married her. . .

Funny enuf - i don't bet, but am willing to bet that Chime will not return to Enugu State Government House. . .
are you serious ?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by 299: 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
Koolface4u: "Get well sir" or rest in peace sir?
You will 'rest in peace' before Chime...ewu
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by moneyhungry(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
remmyton: Hw does his absence affect d price of d knock-out I spent at 12am dis morning
go back to school pls.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by geeez: 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2013
plendil:

on what grounds?

[b]191. (1) The Deputy Governor of a State shall hold the office of Governor of the State if the office of Governor becomes vacant by reason of death, resignation, impeachment, permanent incapacity or removal of the governor from office for any other reason in accordance with section 188 or 189 of this constitution.
(2) Where any vacancy occurs in the circumstances mentioned in subsection (1) of this section during a period when the office of Deputy Governor of the State is also vacant, the Speaker of the House of Assembly of the
State shall hold the office of Governor of the State for a period of not
more than three months, during which there shall be an election of a new Governor of the State who shall hold office for the unexpired term of office of the last holder of the office.
(3) Where the office of the Deputy Governor becomes vacant -
(a) by reason of death, resignation, impeachment, permanent incapacity or removal in accordance with section 188 or 189 of this Constitution
(b) by his assumption of the office of Governor of a State in accordance with subsection (1) of this section; or
(c) for any other reason, the Governor shall nominate and with the approval of the House of Assembly of the State, appoint a new Deputy Governor.[/b]
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by geeez: 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
[b]189. (1) The Governor or Deputy Governor of a State shall cease to hold office if
(a) by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of all members of the executive council of the State, it is declared that the Governor or Deputy Governor is incapable of discharging the functions of his office; and
(b) the declaration in paragraph (a) of this subsection is verified,
after such medical examination as may be necessary, by a medical panel established under subsection (4) of this section in its report to the speaker of the House of Assembly.
(2) Where the medical panel certifies in its report that in its opinion
the Governor or Deputy Governor is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the Speaker of the House of Assembly shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the State.

(3) The Governor or Deputy Governor shall cease to hold office as from the date of publication of the notice of the medical report pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.
(4) The medical panel to which this section relates shall be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Assembly of the State, and shall comprise five medical practitioners in Nigeria -
(a) one of whom shall be the personal physician of the holder of the office concerned; and
(b) four other medical practitioners who have, in the opinion of the Speaker of the House of Assembly, attained a high degree of eminence in the field of medicine relative to the nature of the examination to be conducted in accordance with the foregoing provisions of this section..[/b]
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by fonssy(f): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
I thought they said he die.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by vanstanzy(m): 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
No matter what, the truth can't be buried for long.
God bless Enugu State! wink wink wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Wants Obanikoro Banned From Public Office, Adesiyan Sacked As Minister / PDP May Not Participate In Edo Guber Elections, INEC Warns / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Boko Haram Latest Attack In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.