Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,418 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill (8431 Views)

IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Motion: 22 APC Northern Senators ‘working Against Buhari’ / "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by ignis: 9:18am On Jan 02, 2013
Why won't they oppose it?
Who no like better thing?
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by omoodeogere(m): 9:34am On Jan 02, 2013
nah them no
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by lacasa: 10:09am On Jan 02, 2013
Endorsed!.

God bless the Senator for saying what needs to be said.

It's simple and straightforward, as long as the FG is in charge of the totality of oil reserves and its proceeds then, all nooks and crannies of the Federation must get their share in revenue allocation in a "Fair and sustainable sharing ratio".

The SS/N-delta are getting too much at the expense of others with little or nothing to account for it.

In fact, their Governors blow the large sums on private jets n mansions thereby leaving the SS/N-delta looking more like a wild jungle inhabited by 'Savages'.

If the govt has ηo interest in exploiting the oil up North or other vast resources in the region, then the oyel must flow without any ojoro to all & sundry.

Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 02, 2013
The only thing keeping "one" Najiriya very lousily and loosely together is this "oyel moni".

And this is why I keep insisting that Nigeria will split one day.
If not now, then later, if not by peace then by war.

The Jiharidsts North is very ready to go to war over the oil.
WE can either sit down now and negotiate Nigeria or wait till the day of doom.
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by chaloner(m): 10:16am On Jan 02, 2013
Who is dis mbe person Dats removed my pix I uploaded here, plss plsss dis is 2013, year to ban any admin for life on nairaland , enough of dis hidden post , after all FG has grant FOI ... Better put dat pix bak within nxt 2min or face ban . I need supporters plssssss
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Ikwerefistson: 10:40am On Jan 02, 2013
vladimiros: interpretation: WE CAN'T CONTROL THE SOUTH-SOUTH ANYMORE sad
obi is nw a man nd eze hs graguatd frm skol
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Ikwerefistson: 10:43am On Jan 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Our leaders are too mentally lazy. The fixation on oil money is silly. They should think of intellugent ways of generating money for their states....
lyk masive casava productn into u know na
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by chaloner(m): 10:45am On Jan 02, 2013
Ikwere fist son: obi is nw a man nd eze hs graguatd frm skol
Obi was a boy and Eze was in school , north don suffer
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Ikwerefistson: 10:47am On Jan 02, 2013
Muniru A: All Nigerians must benefit 4rm d sector. There shudnt b a wide gap btw south-south and other parts of Nig in distribution of oil income. D same shud apply to oda sectors
are u listeng 2d idiot.wat hs d north done wit d money dy re recievng insted dy produce bh.hes here tokng as if dy wil alow d money circulate 2d poor.dy re nw cryng fowl.hoples parasites
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Ikwerefistson: 10:50am On Jan 02, 2013
logica: Which sector is the North sharing revenue with the rest of the country? Disease sector?
ya cholera,spiral menegites,nd dia master piece kald lassa fever
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Ikwerefistson: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2013
okpara ugo: If there exists 800milion tonnes of limestone in Yobe state, why hasn't Nigeria's biggest industrialist opened a cement factory in Yobe state to utilize the deposit Come to think of it, all Dangote's production factories are in the south and/or middle belt.

Northerners have made their area un-inhabitable and they cry foul.
haba mai gida y did u hate dangote so much,do u wnt dm 2 bomb hs factory
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Ikwerefistson: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2013
onome25: NORTH DRY THIS FESTIVE PERIOD NO BE SMALL.KIA COME SEE KADUNA WEN DEY BUBBLE BEFORE DON TURN TO WHERE DUST DEY LIVE!(people run away this festive period) MY FRIENDS THAT HAVE LEFT PLS COME BACK LETS BUBBLE OR ME TOO GO RE-LOCATE MY SELF & BIZ AWAY O.BOKO GUYZ HAVE KILLED THE BEAUTIFUL LIFE STYLE IN THE NORTH...what a shame & agony to the northernans.
hahaha enjoy ur north
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Akanbiedu(m): 11:02am On Jan 02, 2013
Would like to know what changed since Yar'adua, a northerner that introduced the bill, left.
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 02, 2013
The problem some Nigerians have is that they have never travelled out so they keep seeing a single page in the book of life and some don't use their internet access to poen their mind and broaden their horizon.
USA has majority of it's oil fields in Alaska and very few in California and Texas and yet the over 50 states of this country benefit from it,I'v never heard the US senators talk of derivative formular.They pass bills that will be beneficial to the whole nation.
“Yes nobody planted or ever farmed crude oil",it's a natural resources endowed by God.Go and check mineral resources distribution map of any country,you realise,one resources or the other is bestowed on different region.
When power generation started in Nigeria,from Dams situated in Northern region,the north never clamour for rationing the megawatts of power generated using any derivative formular.
Recently,you own kinsman,Tam David-west revealed how much you'v received using tthis derivative formular(#11.7trillion)and yet there's nothing to show for it.Gov's of the southern region have always been the regular customers of EFCC,due to the large amount they receive with nothing to justify it.
It's time we think as a true Nigerian and address issues objectively for our own long term benefit. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by eriegua83: 11:25am On Jan 02, 2013
Militancy , boko haram; North and South; GOD go punish LORD LUGGARD. Make Nigeria break, make everybody get peace. NORTH DEVELOP WITH YOUR AGRICULTURE; SOUTH DEVELOP WITH YOUR OIL. We dey forbid to take visa enter ABUJA from PORTHARCORT.
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Afolabs101: 11:38am On Jan 02, 2013
With all the hundreds of billions the south south has received over the years (Federal Allocation, IGR, 13% Derrivation, NDDC, Ministry of Niger Delta, Amnesty Fund etc), they still can't fix the East West road or second Niger Bridge?

Give south south an extra 200% and see the kind of house Orubebe wil the build. Until you have accountable Govenance, keep arguing about how much the ND gets and see what you will benefit from it.

These people are fighting for their own pockets. The money is either going to The Fed account, or to the National Assembly or to Amnesty etc. Me a Northern Senator want the ND to get less so that there's more for his state Governor and the NASS. Me a South South senator want ND to get more as I have some influence over NDDC and Ministry of ND, more money for them means more chopping for me. Get it?
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by alakid: 11:49am On Jan 02, 2013
I am from the north central, I'm for one Nigeria but let it be known that we are not afraid of leaving behind Nigeria for our own country, and let it be known that the whole concept of middle-belt is overrated. There is no clearly demarcated map, and the people are still as different as white and black. So once again I say to all ye that stay in the comfort of your home and write critisms of the north, know that we do not benefit from crude oil proceeds, what has a tomato farmer in sokoto gotten from so called oil? Govt does not subsidize his fertilizer, he buys fuel at higher than market value (international) and there is no social security or welfare of any kind.
Let it be categorically clear to you critics that we are as tired of the arrangement as you are, we want a strong regional govt that allows us harness our agricultural and natural resources not a federal govt that has refused to allow us mine our resources and keeps handing crumbs to our selfish leaders who finish it all without thinking of the masses. I am a proud northerner but I'm ashamed of our leaders!

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Our leaders are too mentally lazy. The fixation on oil money is silly. They should think of intellugent ways of generating money for their states....
He is even saying that when oil finishes another natural resource will be found. Never talking about using our brain. Lazy man
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Baba-Ibrahim:
The problem some Nigerians have is that they have never travelled out so they keep seeing a single page in the book of life and some don't use their internet access to poen their mind and broaden their horizon.
USA has majority of it's oil fields in Alaska and very few in California and Texas and yet the over 50 states of this country benefit from it,I'v never heard the US senators talk of derivative formular.They pass bills that will be beneficial to the whole nation.
“Yes nobody planted or ever farmed crude oil",it's a natural resources endowed by God.Go and check mineral resources distribution map of any country,you realise,one resources or the other is bestowed on different region.
When power generation started in Nigeria,from Dams situated in Northern region,the north never clamour for rationing the megawatts of power generated using any derivative formular.
Recently,you own kinsman,Tam David-west revealed how much you'v received using tthis derivative formular(#11.7trillion)and yet there's nothing to show for it.Gov's of the southern region have always been the regular customers of EFCC,due to the large amount they receive with nothing to justify it.
It's time we think as a true Nigerian and address issues objectively for our own long term benefit. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Ozonna(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
Baba-Ibrahim:
USA has majority of it's oil fields in Alaska and very few in California and Alaska and yet the over 50 states of this country benefit from,I'v never heard the use senators talk of derivative formular.They pass bill that will be beneficial to the whole nation.
Recently,you own kinsman,Tam David-west revealed how much you'v received using tthis derivative formular(#11.7trillion)and yet there's nothing to show for it.Gov's of the southern region has always been the regular customer of EFCC,due to the large amount they receive with nothing to justify it.

Are you saying that the whole of USA (50+ states)depend on oil wealth coming from Alaska shocked undecided undecided. I no fit shout tongue.

For your information, Shiroro and Kainji Dams located in northern Nigeria are not the only power generating stations we had/have in Nigeria. In Eastern Nigeria, we had the Oji power station in Enugu state and it was powered by Coal also located in Enugu State. Remember it was IBB that finally stopped coal mining in Nigeria.

It doesn't matter if the Governors of Niger Delta are blowing their money away because its not your business neither is it mine. Its their OYEL money not yours. Let's put pressure on our Govs and Federal reps so that they'll support a resource control bill and not just about pib. Northern Nigeria is so endowed with solid minerals and land mass, let their leaders insist on resource control instead of depending on OYEL
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
chrisdstar: Imagine the comment"Nobody planted or farmed oil",atimes i wonder if this Northerners think we are fools.In USA for example,some states are highly richer than the others,for example,u cant compare New york with New zealand,this is because another man is not mean't to eat from another man's pocket.If they had oil from their actions,we won't be one by now,cos i know they wud fight to the end,and they wud also show U where it was written in their Quran to protect their own.we southerners have been linient enough with them.

Not to derail the thread but you are actually trying to say New York and New Zealand are both states in the USofA? Is it because they both have 'NEW' as a prefix? O ma ga o.

@ the topic: Northerners are starting to make their parasitic tendencies and progress/growth debilitation very obvious - awon iran kiran.

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
time to breakup this useless entity, oil is a curse please read below, northerners shine your eyes

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/friedman-pass-the-books-hold-the-oil.html?_r=0

we did well as a people before oil, now more than 80% of Northerners have not benefited in one way or another from it but we suffer the curse.

i support movement for the emancipation of the niger/delta as well as movement for the breakup of the useless republic of nigeria, so help me God

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by JoeMosco(m): 12:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
alakid: I am from the north central, I'm for one Nigeria but let it be known that we are not afraid of leaving behind Nigeria for our own country, and let it be known that the whole concept of middle-belt is overrated. There is no clearly demarcated map, and the people are still as different as white and black. So once again I say to all ye that stay in the comfort of your home and write critisms of the north, know that we do not benefit from crude oil proceeds, what has a tomato farmer in sokoto gotten from so called oil? Govt does not subsidize his fertilizer, he buys fuel at higher than market value (international) and there is no social security or welfare of any kind.
Let it be categorically clear to you critics that we are as tired of the arrangement as you are, we want a strong regional govt that allows us harness our agricultural and natural resources not a federal govt that has refused to allow us mine our resources and keeps handing crumbs to our selfish leaders who finish it all without thinking of the masses. I am a proud northerner but I'm ashamed of our leaders!
This is the best thing i have ever heard from a northerner on this forum. If only u will revolt against ur own leaders instead of bombing Christians, maybe things will get better.... I have been to many parts of the north; The poor are VERY poor and the rich VERY rich.... The middle class hardly exists
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by logica(m): 12:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
Baba-Ibrahim:
With all your travels, the fact that you really don't know how the US works says a lot. Ignoramus.
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by maasoap(m): 12:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
I'm from southern part and I will never support any policy or bill that could easily be Interpreted as 'winners take all'. We don't need to be too greedy to develop south south. At present, Rivers state is getting times 6 of what my state is getting on monthly basis. Not to mention her IGR.
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
^^^^^^ my brother this here isnt about greed, its more about hate, the hate of the north to be precise, so you see if we are sooooo lucky as to breakup there is this belief that the north will suffer or die, i on the other hand believe the north is dying cos its part of the den of criminals called nigeria and our so called northern leaders are madly in love with this easy (blood) money that they couldn't care less.
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by maasoap(m): 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ozonna:

Are you saying that the whole of USA (50+ states)depend on oil wealth coming from Alaska shocked undecided undecided. I no fit shout tongue.

For your information, Shiroro and Kainji Dams located in northern Nigeria are not the only power generating stations we had/have in Nigeria. In Eastern Nigeria, we had the Oji power station in Enugu state and it was powered by Coal also located in Enugu State. Remember it was IBB that finally stopped coal mining in Nigeria.

It doesn't matter if the Governors of Niger Delta are blowing their money away because its not your business neither is it mine. Its their OYEL money not yours. Let's put pressure on our Govs and Federal reps so that they'll support a resource control bill and not just about pib. Northern Nigeria is so endowed with solid minerals and land mass, let their leaders insist on resource control instead of depending on OYEL

Don't you think that you are so slow in your reasoning. It is not your business How Niger delta spends their allocation yet you want resources control. To achieve what?
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by maasoap(m): 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ozonna:

Don't you think that you are so slow in your reasoning. It is not your business How Niger delta spends their allocation yet you want resources control. To achieve what?
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by logica(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ozonna:
For your information, Shiroro and Kainji Dams located in northern Nigeria are not the only power generating stations we had/have in Nigeria.
See, the fool does not even recognize that the reason they had those dams in the North is more political than anything. He forgets the River Niger flows to the South and the dam could well have been built after the confluence with River Benue; as after the confluence the flow would be stronger than the present location at Kainji. Maybe if the dam was built after the confluence (point where River Benue forms a tributary with River Niger), we would not be recording as much seasonal power fluctuations as the Niger surges and ebbs during the Rainy Season and Dry Season respectively.
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by vladimiros: 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
lacasa: Endorsed!.

It's simple and straightforward, as long as the FG is in charge of the totality of oil reserves and its proceeds then, all nooks and crannies of the Federation must get their share in revenue allocation in a "Fair and sustainable sharing ratio".

The SS/N-delta are getting too much at the expense of others with little or nothing to account for it.

In fact, their Governors blow the large sums on private jets n mansions thereby leaving the SS/N-delta looking more like a wild jungle inhabited by 'Savages'.

If the govt has ηo interest in exploiting the oil up North or other vast resources in the region, then the oyel must flow without any ojoro to all & sundry.

Thank you smiley

SHUT UR STINKING ABOKI MOUTH

WHAT THE SOUTH WHATS IS ACALL TO TRUE FEDERALISM, PERIOD.

UNDRE FEDERALISM OIL PRODUCUING STATES IN OTHER COUNTRIES AE GETTI NG 50% DERIVATION, AND NOBODY IS CRYING

UR SAME NORTHERN LEADERS THAT CRIPPLED UR AGRICULTURE RE NOW CRYING FOR MORE OIL MONEY. THAT WHY NOBODY IN THE SOUTH CAN STAND YOU.
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by PehaKaso: 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
[quote
author=lacasa]Endorsed!.

It's simple and straightforward, as long as the FG is in charge of the
totality of oil reserves and its proceeds then, all nooks and crannies
of the Federation must get their share in revenue allocation in a
"Fair and sustainable sharing ratio".

The SS/N-delta are getting too much at the expense of others with
little or nothing to account for it.

In fact, their Governors blow the large sums on private jets n mansions
thereby leaving the SS/N-delta looking more like a wild jungle
inhabited by 'Savages'.

If the govt has ηo interest in exploiting the oil up North or other
vast resources in the region, then the oyel must flow without any
ojoro to all & sundry.

Thank you smiley[/quote] F O O L
Re: Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill by ehispapa(m): 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
Baba-Ibrahim:
stop saying what you don't know...America practice resource control. All the states control the resources within its territory and only pay tax and royalties to the central Government. they are PURE CAPITALIST

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta PDP Elders Drag Clark To EFCC Over Failed Contracts / Dss Storm Troopers In Pictures / Adamawa Orders Closure Of 30 Boarding Schools Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.