Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers (5255 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
[b][/b][/color][color=#000099][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
R2bees and Sarkodie are better than Naeto C and Ikechukwu plus a host of the others including that Hkn boy, sina rambo excluding Vector. As for MI.....?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by mikuz(m): 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
Uzzidili: R2bees and Sarkodie are better than Naeto C and Ikechukwu plus a host of the others including that Hkn boy, sina rambo excluding Vector. As for MI.....?
See yourself? Naeto C and Ikechukwu don't even make the top 5 rappers in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by mikuz(m): 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
This is clearly not an argument. There are no rappers in Ghana. Sarkodie and R2bees you mentioned are singers!
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
mikuz: This is clearly not an argument. There are no rappers in Ghana. Sarkodie and R2bees you mentioned are singers!

they re not. Go and listen to their songs befor you start tellin the world how ignorant you are. Listen to bayla trap by R2bees and sarkodie. I think that song alone would be sufficient to help you know them better
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
mikuz:
See yourself? Naeto C and Ikechukwu don't even make the top 5 rappers in Nigeria.

i'm sorry pal could you help me out by telling me who the top 5 rappers in nigeria are.
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by timilehin007(m): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
Why are you so daft OP, its a pity u can't diffrentiate between rapper and mere singer..and beside I would not pick anyone of ur so call rappers serious cux dey are all same in style, same beat same style same rass local swags..ᵀᴴᴱ worst part of it is that u will hardly find any musician in Ghana, be it a rapper or any genre that sings with raw english, they are rather comfortable with their dialect gosh..no wonder they are bearly known outside Ghana..take it or leave it it's Nigerian rappers and musician that are blending all ur so call super stars, ᵀᴴᴱ likes of Wande Coal brought fame for ur R2bees around Africa..2face tried too, tetuila and others...so stop hating cux that's what I tink u really doin..!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
timilehin007: Why are you so daft OP, its a pity u can't diffrentiate between rapper and mere singer..and beside I would not pick anyone of ur so call rappers serious cux dey are all same in style, same beat same style same rass local swags..ᵀᴴᴱ worst part of it is that u will hardly find any musician in Ghana, be it a rapper or any genre that sings with raw english, they are rather comfortable with their dialect gosh..no wonder they are bearly known outside Ghana..take it or leave it it's Nigerian rappers and musician that are blending all ur so call super stars, ᵀᴴᴱ likes of Wande Coal brought fame for ur R2bees around Africa..2face tried too, tetuila and others...so stop hating cux that's what I tink u really doin..!!

i ain't hating bro and i ain't being biased either. RAP; rhythm and poetry. All nigerian rappers do is rhyme, the poetry is not there. Except for the veterans like modenine and a teensy few, what these new school boys do is complete trash. Sarkodie featured sinzu and ikechukwu and in the two tracks killed them. Davido also featured him and he made that song so sweet wit his poetic delivery. They send messages even with their dance tracks and thats what most nigerian artist/rappers fail to do. Ice prince and MI de try, vector too, as for others.... ?
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by mikuz(m): 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
Uzzidili:

i'm sorry pal could you help me out by telling me who the top 5 rappers in nigeria are.

1. Modenine
2. M.I
3. Ruggedman
4. Terry da Rapman
5. Phenom
6. Ice Prince
7. Vector
8. Naeto C
9. Sauce Kid
10. X-O Xenavoe

R2bees and Sarkodie are the only so-called rappers internationally known from Ghana.
This is not an argument.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by timilehin007(m): 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
Uzzidili:

i ain't hating bro and i ain't being biased either. RAP; rhythm and poetry. All nigerian rappers do is rhyme, the poetry is not there. Except for the veterans like modenine and a teensy few, what these new school boys do is complete trash. Sarkodie featured sinzu and ikechukwu and in the two tracks killed them. Davido also featured him and he made that song so sweet wit his poetic delivery. They send messages even with their dance tracks and thats what most nigerian artist/rappers fail to do. Ice prince and MI de try, vector too, as for others.... ?

I want to believe that u were alive when ᵀᴴᴱ recently concluded award hosted in south africa and ᵀᴴᴱ one held by kora which Nigerian performers swept almost all ᵀᴴᴱ award availabled...are you saying you know much more better than ᵀᴴᴱ peeps that organized and gave these awards..? Davido just last week won best African upcoming star while chidima same last week won best african female act..see ᵀᴴᴱ bitter truth you would probably find hard to believe is that when it comes to anything that has to do with music in all genre in Africa as a whole other countries lays low are follows Nigerian lead..take it all leave it..April 16, 2012 Ice prince emerged as ᵀᴴᴱ best African act..you may not know and if you know him too well he's a big time rapper..
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 5:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
timilehin007:

I want to believe that u were alive when ᵀᴴᴱ recently concluded award hosted in south africa and ᵀᴴᴱ one held by kora which Nigerian performers swept almost all ᵀᴴᴱ award availabled...are you saying you know much more better than ᵀᴴᴱ peeps that organized and gave these awards..? Davido just last week won best African upcoming star while chidima same last week won best african female act..see ᵀᴴᴱ bitter truth you would probably find hard to believe is that when it comes to anything that has to do with music in all genre in Africa as a whole other countries lays low are follows Nigerian lead..take it all leave it..April 16, 2012 Ice prince emerged as ᵀᴴᴱ best African act..you may not know and if you know him too well he's a big time rapper..
sorry buddy but its either you're blind or you do not know how to read. In my last reply to you, i did mention that ice prince is a good rapper and in case you've forgotten, i do not have a problem wit the nigerian music industry but with the rappers in nigeria and my arguement is that they lack delivery as well as the ability to tell stories with music. Have you heard cheese and burger by sarkodie. I do not think you have or even 6ft. The thing is you re prejudiced and your arguement is purely sentimental. I'm givin you points as to how they re better and you re just callin peoples names. Does davido or chidinma rap? I think not.
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by mikuz(m): 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sarkodie this Sarkodie that. Is he the only 'rapper' in Ghana?
This is d¡ckriding in its heights!
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
mikuz:

1. Modenine
2. M.I
3. Ruggedman
4. Terry da Rapman
5. Phenom
6. Ice Prince
7. Vector
8. Naeto C
9. Sauce Kid
10. X-O Xenavoe

R2bees and Sarkodie are the only so-called rappers internationally known from Ghana.
This is not an argument.
but they are better than nos 3,4,5,8,9,10 on par wit nos 6 and 7. 1 and 2 are of course better than they re
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
mikuz: Sarkodie this Sarkodie that. Is he the only 'rapper' in Ghana?
This is d¡ckriding in its heights!

the guy is good na. Have you ever taken your time to listen to his album. Stop hatin on our ghanain neighbour
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by mikuz(m): 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
I've listed ten Nigerian internationally acclaimed rappers; and you're yet to give me atleast 5!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by timilehin007(m): 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Uzzidili: sorry buddy but its either you're blind or you do not know how to read. In my last reply to you, i did mention that ice prince is a good rapper and in case you've forgotten, i do not have a problem wit the nigerian music industry but with the rappers in nigeria and my arguement is that they lack delivery as well as the ability to tell stories with music. Have you heard cheese and burger by sarkodie. I do not think you have or even 6ft. The thing is you re prejudiced and your arguement is purely sentimental. I'm givin you points as to how they re better and you re just callin peoples names. Does davido or chidinma rap? I think not.

Are you madt...
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
timilehin007:
Are you madt...

no i'm not Timi. I'm just being honest
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
mikuz: I've listed ten Nigerian internationally acclaimed rappers; and you're yet to give me atleast 5!
i gave you two who re better than 6 on the list and on par wit 2 so... Try and be critical when you review stuff
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by timilehin007(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
Uzzidili:
no i'm not Timi. I'm just being honest

Don't get on my nerves if you still like this site, I could remove ur user account here..be careful o
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
timilehin007:

Don't get on my nerves if you still like this site, I could remove ur user account here..be careful o

stop being such a spoilt brat. Concentrate on the topic at hand. Lets talk rap and more rap. Sorry for callin you blind maybe i should just call you inept
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by airmark(m): 3:09am On Jan 03, 2013
mikuz:

1. Modenine
2. M.I
3. Ruggedman
4. Terry da Rapman
5. Phenom
6. Ice Prince
7. Vector
8. Naeto C
9. Sauce Kid
10. X-O Xenavoe

This is not an argument.

Cant believe you put iceprince and phenom above vector. angry
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Dfrenzy(m): 5:55am On Jan 03, 2013
Without sentiment, i have listened to a few songs by sarkodie and i believe that he is very good and probably better than some 9ja rappers like sinzu. But, Vector? Winner of 9ja headies (best lyrist on the roll), X. O. Senaveo? This guy happen to take out MI on a track on the MI II mixtape, i mean, during the song intro MI literally hands up, labeling x. o as crazy. And @ the end said "it can't be debated, mi n x. o, raps two greatest. Infact, have you heard of T. boogey? (Badman rati bloody murdering rapper). No no bros, non go there o.. 9ja rap talents are endless n limitless even in the female category, the likes of tesh carter, cynthian morgan, pryse and the rest of them too numerous to mention (not forgeting the likes of even sarafigirl, here in nairaland) can run down the whole of Ghana. Or, is it the dialect aspect? Olamide, seriki, illbliss, phyno, bosalin. Infact, i really do appreciate your luv and support for your own but, when it comes to music, any genre? Nigeria currently has a world wide recognition. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 9:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Dfrenzy: Without sentiment, i have listened to a few songs by sarkodie and i believe that he is very good and probably better than some 9ja rappers like sinzu. But, Vector? Winner of 9ja headies (best lyrist on the roll), X. O. Senaveo? This guy happen to take out MI on a track on the MI II mixtape, i mean, during the song intro MI literally hands up, labeling x. o as crazy. And @ the end said "it can't be debated, mi n x. o, raps two greatest. Infact, have you heard of T. boogey? (Badman rati bloody murdering rapper). No no bros, non go there o.. 9ja rap talents are endless n limitless even in the female category, the likes of tesh carter, cynthian morgan, pryse and the rest of them too numerous to mention (not forgeting the likes of even sarafigirl, here in nairaland) can run down the whole of Ghana. Or, is it the dialect aspect? Olamide, seriki, illbliss, phyno, bosalin. Infact, i really do appreciate your luv and support for your own but, when it comes to music, any genre? Nigeria currently has a world wide recognition. Thanks.

X O is wack. I'm sure you heard him in the bet cypher and if you really listened to that illegal music 2, you'd see that the track he did wit MI WAS THE WORST TRACK in that mixtape. His punchlines were so annoyin as in so ANNOYING. Vector good die. The way he mixes yoruba, pidgin and english always leaves me dumbfounded and if he won any lyricist award then he most certainly deserves it. Sinzu is pure wackness, sarkodie killed him in the track 'put it down',
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by timilehin007(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2013
grin
Dfrenzy: Without sentiment, i have listened to a few songs by sarkodie and i believe that he is very good and probably better than some 9ja rappers like sinzu. But, Vector? Winner of 9ja headies (best lyrist on the roll), X. O. Senaveo? This guy happen to take out MI on a track on the MI II mixtape, i mean, during the song intro MI literally hands up, labeling x. o as crazy. And @ the end said "it can't be debated, mi n x. o, raps two greatest. Infact, have you heard of T. boogey? (Badman rati bloody murdering rapper). No no bros, non go there o.. 9ja rap talents are endless n limitless even in the female category, the likes of tesh carter, cynthian morgan, pryse and the rest of them too numerous to mention (not forgeting the likes of even sarafigirl, here in nairaland) can run down the whole of Ghana. Or, is it the dialect aspect? Olamide, seriki, illbliss, phyno, bosalin. Infact, i really do appreciate your luv and support for your own but, when it comes to music, any genre? Nigeria currently has a world wide recognition. Thanks.

GBAM...!!! Church closed, u have nailed it what ever he says wouldn't be relevant again cux u have so broken it down God bless thee
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 9:52am On Jan 03, 2013
Almost forgot, pryse is also wack, she still needs a touch of confidence when she raps. Morgan cyntia is ragga and her delivery is good but her lines are substandard
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Chartey(m): 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2013
First of all, XO Senavoe is half nigerian and half ghanaian. His mixtape featured more ghanaian musicians. In fact the name Senavoe is a ghanaian name. His wordplay is unmatched in Africa. U need to know ur English well to appreciate him. It's not always about the punchlines.
There are lots of very good ghanaian emcees like Jayso, C-real, EL, M.anifest, Kwaw Kese, Trigmatic, D-black etc. D-black is quite popular except u don't know music that much.
Now, because of the popularity of nigerian music, it is easy to say nigerian rappers are better(may not necessarily be true). U can't say for instance, that Soulja boy is better than Iceprince because he's more well-known worldwide.
Finally, i think there's a stronger hiphop underground in Ghana, but due to the limitations of the music industry, find mainstream breakthroughs difficult and can't project ghanaian music far.
In the end, Nigeria makes the money, and that's all that matters.
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Dfrenzy(m): 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2013
Chartey: First of all, XO Senavoe is half nigerian and half ghanaian. His mixtape featured more ghanaian musicians. In fact the name Senavoe is a ghanaian name. His wordplay is unmatched in Africa. U need to know ur English well to appreciate him. It's not always about the punchlines.
There are lots of very good ghanaian emcees like Jayso, C-real, EL, M.anifest, Kwaw Kese, Trigmatic, D-black etc. D-black is quite popular except u don't know music that much.
Now, because of the popularity of nigerian music, it is easy to say nigerian rappers are better(may not necessarily be true). U can't say for instance, that Soulja boy is better than Iceprince because he's more well-known worldwide.
Finally, i think there's a stronger hiphop underground in Ghana, but due to the limitations of the music industry, find mainstream breakthroughs difficult and can't project ghanaian music far.
You are being objective here and that's very reasonable. But, your compatriot said x.o is wack. So, what's your take on that?
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
Chartey: First of all, XO Senavoe is half nigerian and half ghanaian. His mixtape featured more ghanaian musicians. In fact the name Senavoe is a ghanaian name. His wordplay is unmatched in Africa. U need to know ur English well to appreciate him. It's not always about the punchlines.

so you agree that ghanain rappers re better than their nigerian counterparts but the ones from nigeria make more money than the ghanain dudes. To be really honest, i really haven't heard much of XO'S tracks but i didn't like the ones i've heard. Also, you know he was bad in that cypher
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Uzzidili(m): 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2013

so you agree that ghanain rappers re better than their nigerian counterparts but the ones from nigeria make more money than the ghanain dudes. To be really honest, i really haven't heard much of XO'S tracks but i didn't like the ones i've heard. Also, you know he was bad in that cypher
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by jiggaz(m): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
What are we even arguing here, dat Ghanaian rappers are better than Nigerian rappers? For which planet dat one take happen? I dont know why Ghana always like to compete with Nigeria when God has already made us the giant of Africa through entertainment (Music & Movies). Lets be objective here, Sarkodie is good no doubt. I like his rap though i dont understand anything he's saying. But dat doesnt now guarantee you to say he's better than Nigerian rappers, no way!! In case u dont know, Nigeria gat so many GOOOOD underground rappers dat are yet to blow, both males & females. Soo many of them in Lagos, Benin, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Jos & Abuja etc. When u hear these potential stars rap(dats what i call dem cos i know they ll blow 4 sure), u ll be floored... We gat dem plenty, those dat can rap in pure English dat u ll think they've been in yankee all their lives, the ones dat rap in pidgin/English & d ones dat can flow in local dialects... Ghana may have good rappers no doubt but they dont measure with our Naija MCs at all!! Sentiments aside... If your countrymen rappers are that good, they would have broken into Mainstream Rap in Africa just like Nigerians did. Besides, most of the so-called good Ghanaian rappers rap in their local dialects which make dem stuck in Ghana... Dis is my One Naira contribution.
Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by Pdizzle(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
First of all r2bees is lyk a lower version of ice prince just average wit no exceptional brillance. And did i hear u say sarkodie on par wit modo, u beta stp smokn.. Sarkodie is gud, but cnt match naijas top ten, sure its his tym in ghana and he has vry gud delivery but dnt oversell him, did u listen to his cypher durn d BET awards wit dem talib kweli, he was practically last in there, all his lyrics were translated and notin spectacular, does he spit punchies? No, just a gud rythm i bet phenom wil murk him in a cypher.. Dnt mess wit naija hiphop av u heard big max, ozone, maximum, pherowshuz, terry,yung six..bro dnt go ther vector n m.i are gods to gh rappers dnt let me hear dat on par statement again..

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers by jiggaz(m): 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
Pdizzle: First of all r2bees is lyk a lower version of ice prince just average wit no exceptional brillance. And did i hear u say sarkodie on par wit modo, u beta stp smokn.. Sarkodie is gud, but cnt match naijas top ten, sure its his tym in ghana and he has vry gud delivery but dnt oversell him, did u listen to his cypher durn d BET awards wit dem talib kweli, he was practically last in there, all his lyrics were translated and notin spectacular, does he spit punchies? No, just a gud rythm i bet phenom wil murk him in a cypher.. Dnt mess wit naija hiphop av u heard big max, ozone, maximum, pherowshuz, terry,yung six..bro dnt go ther vector n m.i are gods to gh rappers dnt let me hear dat on par statement again..
Thank u my broda.. U just said my mind..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

[download] Basketmouth – Where You Dey Ft. Eldee & Wizkid / Dj Neptune Presents Let's Naija Party Vol 5 Mixtape (free Download) / Download Instrumental: Wizkid – Manya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.