Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance (16396 Views)

Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance Exam / Admission At Federal School Of Dental Technology And Therapy Enugu State / Nursing School Entrance Examination: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 03, 2013
Obiagu1: It shouldn't stop there, they should allocate them "0" pass mark at any higher institution as well sad
have you compared admission process between the northern and southern universities? You will be baffled.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by jmaine: 8:24am On Jan 03, 2013
lacasa: I can see the South Easterners on board (this thread) claiming intellectual superiority already grin, because of a string of quotations from an article ;-\

i quite disagree & dare say, -

"Grades don't measure intelligence and age doesn't define maturity." undecided

Taking Nairaland as a case in point, this wise words in quotes above^^, do, largely apply on this forum to a great deal.

Some of the most intelligent & fact based comments on Nairaland today r gotten from Non-south easterners mostly. undecided

And, some of those members i кnoω personally to be from the Northern Part of Nigeria & the South West

You should be ashamed of yourself

2 Likes

Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by seanet01: 8:42am On Jan 03, 2013
berem: have you compared admission process between the northern and southern universities? You will be baffled.
That is even a terrible terrain. This country is nothing but a useless one. It is a country where mediocrity is giving better consideration even when There are excellent options elsewhere. It surely sucks to be a nigerian. This is really unfair. You need 2 know what they did in 2003 in the UI admission. They intentionally left out a boy who scored 287 in JAMB and who have a 7 A1's In his first and only attempt at WASSCE.
The boy wept bitterly when he came to meet the Ogun state students, we took him then to late Pa Emmanuel Alayande, the then Leader of Yoruba council of Elders, papa took up the issue and followed it to the latter. The boy was then issue an alternative admission to study Chemistry Education, Papa Alayande rejected it.
The boy was eventually given the admission he applied for which was an Engineering course. when Ladoja took up the case.
It was such a sad case. This country is such a mad country
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by BlackOyinbo: 8:54am On Jan 03, 2013
Even though this is unfair but it is in their best interest. Many Northerners do not like school, thus they should be encouraged by any means necessary. No wonder Boko Haram's primary target is education.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Aafulenu(f): 8:58am On Jan 03, 2013
baby_mama:

Your time must have been closer to mine
I believe the total highest score was 400 then
100 English
100 mathematics
100 verbal aptitude
100 quantitative aptitude

Then after that the interview process was another weeding ground

naa the total was 600 not four hundred cos i can remember i scored 570 and i was the best in my state then.

1 Like

Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by nollywood20: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2013
Good for them.
Even dull-ards should go to school.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2013
The madness that is practised daily in this country with impunity.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 03, 2013
seanet01: That is even a terrible terrain. This country is nothing but a useless one. It is a country where mediocrity is giving better consideration even when There are excellent options elsewhere. It surely sucks to be a nigerian. This is really unfair. You need 2 know what they did in 2003 in the UI admission. They intentionally left out a boy who scored 287 in JAMB and who have a 7 A1's In his first and only attempt at WASSCE.
The boy wept bitterly when he came to meet the Ogun state students, we took him then to late Pa Emmanuel Alayande, the then Leader of Yoruba council of Elders, papa took up the issue and followed it to the latter. The boy was then issue an alternative admission to study Chemistry Education, Papa Alayande rejected it.
The boy was eventually given the admission he applied for which was an Engineering course. when Ladoja took up the case.
It was such a sad case. This country is such a mad country
jeez! That is wickedness at the highest order.while admission process in the north is as easy as a,b,c, the south is as difficult as x,y,z. Little wonder private universities are scattered all over the south.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Aafulenu(f): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2013
i think the point is to encourage them to get an education, look at it this way, the more they go to school, the less they become almageires (sp), dandoko, and bokoharam.

and the beta for nigeria.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by aspabay(m): 9:10am On Jan 03, 2013
I recall scoring 148 for FGC Kaduna admission. I was disqualified (my state cut off was 150).
My classmates from the North with scores less than 100 were all admitted. That was my first experience of the quota monster.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by victorD3: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2013
A clear case of dragging a herds man to a classroom and they all graduate sponsoring terrorism as a protest
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by TonySpike: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2013
Aafulenu:

naa the total was 600 not four hundred cos i can remember i scored 570 and i was the best in my state then.

I think you're correct. I wrote mine in 1994 and I scored 505 or something like that. From an inside source, my name was tippexed off the admission list of FGC, Ijanikin back then for no reason other than these fraudulent practices. I was later granted a consolatory admission to one of the 13 newly built Federal Government Colleges established by the Abacha Government in 1995(Abacha try small oooo grin grin grin)...
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2013
Aafulenu:

yeah you are right.it was actually 600.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:13am On Jan 03, 2013
Aafulenu: i think the point is to encourage them to get an education, look at it this was, the more they go to school, the less they become almageires (sp), dandoko, and bokoharam.

and the beta for nigeria.

Can't they get an education in their various state schools? Anyway Unity schools were set up to foster national integration so all tribes need to be represented.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by dumodust(m): 9:18am On Jan 03, 2013
in my time, the score was over 600 and with a score of 558 from anambra, i barely made it into the state merit list... Now imagine how surprised and puzzled i was to find out during a class session supposedly filled with the best in the country that my northern colleagues couldn't speak or hear a word of english and needed a translator... Arrgh!
I knew disappointed intelligent guys that couldn't get into school... Naija for u
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:19am On Jan 03, 2013
1st ANAMBRA

2nd IMO

3rd ABIA

4th DELTA

Four Igbo states topping the list. Thank God for the internet. I'll come back to comment later.

2 Likes

Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Can't they get an education in their various state schools? Anyway Unity schools were set up to foster national integration so all tribes need to be represented.
most of the state schools in the north are poorly maintained.i could remember back then in school,the state government subsidized school fees of both indigenes and non indigenes.while non-indigenes paid 1,960naira,zamfara indigenes were paying only 100naira! Can you imagine? That was a measure to promote girl child education.most of my classmates from the north could hardly speak English.as i speak now,majority of them have Doctorate degrees.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by jamest3(m): 9:26am On Jan 03, 2013
Folks should stop with the whining already, most of you are beneficiaries of the so called monster in one way or the other so come off your high horses. As for the children from the north east we should have a genuine interest in getting them educated even if it's by forcefully sending them to school without writing exams so that we can have a measure of peace at least. That's the only way to pull down Satan's workshop.

4 Likes

Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 03, 2013
Even though I am an easterner who is really flattered by these scores, I still believe no tribe is naturally more intelligent than the other.
Northerners aren't dumb, like proud igbo said, they just don't try hard enough. They are given too many priviledges and somehow think they have a right to everything.Thats one of the reasons why there is so much madness in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Ngwakwe: 9:32am On Jan 03, 2013
President Jonathan has given them Almajiri Schools.

Contemporary Education inside the bush is now possible.

No more excuses

james-t:
Folks should stop with the whining already, most of you are beneficiaries of the so called monster in one way or the other so come off your high horses. As for the children from the north east we should have a genuine interest in getting them educated even if it's by forcefully sending them to school without writing exams so that we can have a measure of peace at least. That's the only way to pull down Satan's workshop.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:32am On Jan 03, 2013
berem: most of the state schools in the north are poorly maintained.i could remember back then in school,the state government subsidized school fees of both indigenes and non indigenes.while non-indigenes paid 1,960naira,zamfara indigenes were paying only 100naira! Can you imagine? That was a measure to promote girl child education.

100 naira is even too much. In Yobe state where I did my NYSC, they were literally paid to attend school. Free school uniforms, free books as well as free meals.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:42am On Jan 03, 2013
inurmind: Even though I am an easterner who is really flattered by these scores, I still believe no tribe is naturally more intelligent than the other.
Northerners aren't dumb, like proud igbo said, they just don't try hard enough. They are given too many priviledges and somehow think they have a right to everything.Thats one of the reasons why there is so much madness in nigeria.

Dude what are you on about? You see a performance like the one below;

1st ANAMBRA

2nd IMO

3rd ABIA

4th DELTA

a trend which has been consistent over the years and also corroborated by JAMB statistics on performance by states of origin ( https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics ) over the years and you went ahead to make the comment you made above. Guy you fall my hand walahi....
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by TonySpike: 9:44am On Jan 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo: 1st ANAMBRA

2nd IMO

3rd ABIA

4th DELTA

Four Igbo states topping the list. Thank God for the internet. I'll come back to comment later.

Una don start again for 2013...Afam stay tuned o
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:46am On Jan 03, 2013
Tony Spike:

Una don start again for 2013...Afam stay tuned o

Meaning? Are those states not the top four?
Are they not Igbo states?

1 Like

Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by ehispapa(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2013

2nd IMO

3rd ABIA

4th DELTA

Abeg removed delta from the igbo list

1 Like

Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:01am On Jan 03, 2013
ehispapa:
Abeg removed delta from the igbo list

Sorry mate. There's a significant population of Igbo people in Delta state. The Anioma area of Delta state has always been the area producing most intelligent and prominent people from Delta state like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Tony Elumelu, Phillip Asiodu, Dennis Osadebe, Chukwuma Nzeogwu, Austin Okocha,Sunday Oliseh, Stephen Keshi etc. while the other parts produce the likes of Ibori, Uduaghan, Cecilia Ibru and Tompolo. No offence meant bro, just hard facts.

1 Like

Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by jide4lagos(m): 10:03am On Jan 03, 2013
It's not how far but how well we can go as a country. There isn't anything bad about quota system but the entity called Nigeria. I think we all believe and the read verse in the bible that says "love thou neighbour as thouself".
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Samsantos9: 10:06am On Jan 03, 2013

2nd IMO

3rd ABIA

4th DELTA

point of correction delta is not an Igbo state
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2013
Samsantos9:
point of correction delta is not an Igbo state

What tribes make up Delta state?
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Samsantos9: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Sorry mate. There's a significant population of Igbo people in Delta state. The Anioma area of Delta state has always been the area producing most intelligent and prominent people from Delta state like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Tony Elumelu, Phillip Asiodu, Dennis Osadebe, Chukwuma Nzeogwu, Austin Okocha,Sunday Oliseh, Stephen Keshi etc. while the other parts produce the likes of Ibori, Uduaghan, Cecilia Ibru and Tompolo. No offence meant bro, just hard facts.
u forgot to mention the fraudsters, kidnappers and theives who are from dat area in delta state ooo..
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Samsantos9: 10:12am On Jan 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

What tribes make up Delta state?
The Urhobos, Itsekiris, Isoko, Ijaws, ibos
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by kodewrita(m): 10:16am On Jan 03, 2013
on the topic. I feel the quota system like all other such affirmative action policies are always unfair and negative. How can a nation progress when merit is not a priority? (I am yoruba so spare me any tribalist sh..it) if indeed the anambra and imo students passed highest, why not admit all and overflow the excess into other unity schools. its more meritorious that way.

Well, thats the country we live in. Our policies dont have to make sense, they just have to benefit someone powerful enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Leicester Medical University: Entry Requirements And Tuition / Redeemer’s University Scientists Build 10-minute Ebola And Lassa Test Kits / Http://www.kogistatepoly.edu.ng Kogi Poly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.