Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance (16432 Views)

Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance Exam / Admission At Federal School Of Dental Technology And Therapy Enugu State / Nursing School Entrance Examination: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
merengue:

How is Delta an Igbo state?

Delta has got a sizeable Igbo poulation and available data tend to support the notion that most of the brightest people from Delta come from the Igbo speaking area ie Anioma.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
babyosisi:

There are over 50 federal owned post secondary institutions in Nigeria FYI
The same quota system applies in their admissions

aribisala0:
Not true.Absolute falsehood[/quote]

author=babyosisi

What is false?
The number of federal post secondary schools or the fact that northerners are admitted in federal institutions with lower scores?

[quote author=aribisala0]
"THE SAME QUOTA SYSTEM APPLIES IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES".

This claim is false
Quotas in Federal universities only exist as discretionary slots for HOST STATES and candidates must still have the basic entry requirements
Many courses e.g medicine are exempted

So you agree quotas exist in university admissions ,so what is your argument then?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Roseart: 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Delta has got a sizeable Igbo poulation and available data tend to support the notion that most of the brightest people from Delta come from the Igbo speaking area ie Anioma.

I don't think that whether the people are Igbo are not matter in the grand scheme of things of this topic. Education in Nigeria is substandard across the board with the North getting the shortest end of the stick.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
Roseart:

I don't think that whether the people are Igbo are not matter in the grand scheme of things of this topic. Education in Nigeria is substandard across the board with the North getting the shortest end of the stick.

Sorry mate, op asked a question and I gave him an answer. Has got nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
aribisala0: I do not argue upside down maybe your father does discuss that with him
You made a very specific statement which is NOT TRUE and then you try to muddy the waters by widening the argument.
THe quota system is NOT THE SAME for FGCs as UNIVERSITIES
You made that claim and you say you gave "proof" They are completely different things.

I will give you an opportunity,2 mins to modify that post above or I report it
My father has no part in this discussion.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
Let the moderators handle it

Back to topic
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by aribisala0(m): 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
babyosisi:

Of course quotas exist but your education did not teach you how to communicate clearly.No one is a mind reader.Learn to use English properly
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
aribisala0: Of course quotas exist but your education did not teach you how to communicate clearly.No one is a mind reader.Learn to use English properly

The evidence on the thread speaks for itself and thankfully the readers can make their judgement
Certainly most can see who has a better understanding of the issue being discussed and who has proven their case unequivocally.
You may be an intelligent person but clearly this simple discussion may not be your strongest outing
It happens to everyone,no need to beat yourself up
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by aribisala0(m): 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
babyosisi:

The evidence on the thread speaks for itself and thankfully the readers can make their judgement
Certainly most can see who has a better understanding of the issue being discussed and who has proven their case unequivocally.
You may be an intelligent person but clearly this simple discussion may not be your strongest outing
It happens to everyone,no need to beat yourself up
Nothing like being the candidate and examiner just award yourself whatever mark you like. I have no need to be shown to have a better understanding if such a thing actually exists here. You have opinions as do others and hopefully I learn something from those who see the world differently from me.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by aribisala0(m): 11:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

This is exactly the kind of Achebe logic we have to contend with. It goes something like this.

All is not well with Nigeria
Igbos are the brightest Nigerians
Igbos should be at the top because based on merit they are the best
Igbos are not at the top
Mediocrity reigns in Nigeria
Because Igbos are not at the top.

In a nutshell this is ACHEBEISM
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Ngodigha1(m): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2013
aribisala0:

This is exactly the kind of Achebe logic we have to contend with. It goes something like this.

Igbos are not at the top

Dude you are wrong. Achebe believes in merit and he praises people who have excelled based on merit.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by aribisala0(m): 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Dude you are wrong. Achebe believes in merit and he praises people who have excelled based on merit.

Ok
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by chineji(m): 12:35am On Jan 04, 2013
Men north no know book o 17 pass common WAEC chei men what is nigeria waiting for we need to divide this country we cannot live together lie lie until then we cannot move forward this people have destroyed nigeria hausa o only suya and almajiri and Bleep una know chei
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by demmy(m): 6:54am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Is there a quota system in university admissions that is designed to favor northerners
Yes or no

People should stop arguing with this ibo supremacist. More than 70% of Nigerian university students are southerners but the bigot wants us to believe the system favor northerners. What a troll!!
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:36am On Jan 04, 2013
aribisala0:

Igbos are not at the top

Dude, is anything wrong having the best people in positions based on merit? If Igbos have the talent and zeal to perform when they hold positions of authority as is clearly evident, why not give them the opportunity to transform the country instead of appointing mediocres who achieve nothing at the end of the day.

Do you think it's by error that out of the 4 ministries (finance, Aviation, Agriculture, Power) that have been above board in this administration, 3 of them are under Igbo leadership

Finance (Ngozi Iweala)
Aviation (Stella Oduah)
Power (Barth Nnaji until recently)

Same thing was observed under OBJ with the likes of Ngozi Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili, Dora Akunyili, Charles Soludo etc.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by aribisala0(m): 9:12am On Jan 04, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Dude, is anything wrong with that? If Igbos have the talent and zeal to perform when they hold positions of authority as is clearly evident, why not give them the opportunity to transform the country instead of appointing mediocres who achieve nothing at the end of the day.

Do you think it's by error that out of the 4 ministries (finance, Aviation, Agriculture, Power) that have been above board in this administration, 3 of them are under Igbo leadership

Finance (Ngozi Iweala)
Aviation (Stella Oduah)
Power (Barth Nnaji until recently)

Same thing was observed under OBJ with the likes of Ngozi Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili, Dora Akunyili, Charles Soludo etc.
Yes you guys are truly superior beings.Nigerians do not deserve you
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:20am On Jan 04, 2013
aribisala0:
Yes you guys are truly superior beings.Nigerians do not deserve you

Then, why won't they let us go??
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by aribisala0(m): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Then, why won't they let us go??
Me?? I think you better address that question to someone as smart as you are.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 04, 2013
Unity schools are not the only neither are they the best schools in the country, so, why all the brouhaha about their admission.
If you feel cheated out of that school by virtue of its founding principles why don't you just go to other available public or private secondary schools?
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by leon25aug: 10:57am On Jan 04, 2013
These Shity Northerners are really dragging well meaning Nigerians backwards in every thing development. How can dey start wit islamiya at a young age devouring der Quaran den come to western Edu.&demand a place at little or nothing score? They shld be ashamed of dem selves and eat shit while dey are at it. Let's part from dem so dey'll suffer d fate of Chad&Niger.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
Well kano state is marrying off widows to their almajiris to produce more Almajiri
Priorities
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by BlackPikiN(m): 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
^^^ lol... Good for them.
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Akexstinger(m): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2013
munas:

At the bolded,there is nothing like federal character system in the US as obtained in Nigeria.
Its merits.

U are a fucking liar, u are a deformed human who's not current with information...I stand to be corrected anywhere...
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Ewoma45(f): 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
stillwater: Do they change the cut off mark yearly or they use a different scale? Because during my time the cut of mark for Anambra state was at 454 or so. Other states too were in the 400's.
i wonder o.mine was 460 4 delta
Re: Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance by Ewoma45(f): 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
Aafulenu:

naa the total was 600 not four hundred cos i can remember i scored 570 and i was the best in my state then.
ok we av heard o.me i scored 565 nd i was the best in . ...........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Army University, Biu Resumes Session Despite Strike / Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money / UNIZIK Releases 2016/2017 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.