Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,855 members, 7,851,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire (120697 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 18, 2013
^^Dalu very much cool
have a blessed week as well
and holla if u get to ohio smiley
tc
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 21, 2013
Meaka
artist dancer, singer and actress
she is old (in her middle 50s) but she still looks good,
ethnicity: Bhete
ps: i like that woman she is a full artist

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 21, 2013
With her grand-daughter (i think)

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
Zadi zaourou and miss Zahui smiley

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
Miss Zahui (in her middle 60s)
l'un des pillier de l'art ivoirien
ethnicity: Bhete

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mixed Bhete/Senoufo

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
The Kru people look nice
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
CFCfan: The Kru people look nice

yup they do smiley
i am doin some research on them, cuz according to some sources, they are related to the ijaws and the bassa from other nations
so i am curious to know more
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by BlackKenichi(m): 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sybellah: @ black kenichi, from the kru thread, did u learn something valuable? do u think it needs some improvement? i know u cant comment here, so please reply to me on the other section

I think you should write more info on individual Kru speaking speaking Ethnic Groups.

I've learnt that:
Kru speaking women have bodies that can re-shape the way hourglasses are made. grin grin
They are beautiful yet they can have a "masculine" vibe about them.

Kru speaking men have model potential! Many of them have a combination of masculine and feminine facial features that model scouts look for!

It's been mentioned that Kru speakers are great dancers and love to dance. This is probably one of the reasons (apart from genetics) why they are said to have great bodies (both men and women)!
Dancing (most forms of it) is a great way to stay in shape and for women a great way to get a slim, shapely waist!
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
Black Kenichi:

I think you should write more info on individual Kru speaking speaking Ethnic Groups.

I've learnt that:
Kru speaking women have bodies that can re-shape the way hourglasses are made. grin grin
They are beautiful yet they can have a "masculine" vibe about them.

Kru speaking men have model potential! Many of them have a combination of masculine and feminine facial features that model scouts look for!

It's been mentioned that Kru speakers are great dancers and love to dance. This is probably one of the reasons (apart from genetics) why they are said to have great bodies (both men and women)!
Dancing (most forms of it) is a great way to stay in shape and for women a great way to get a slim, shapely waist!

aaah Nice! smiley
I will be looking for more info to post, with them it's quite difficult to find sources unlike with the Akan but i ll try, i found some but in french
i will google translate them in english later on
Kru people are fine, and the Bhete men are DIMES! cool
what u said about the dancing is true cheesy, cuz we say that too back home. They usually have great calves as well, we think the dancing and their locations (cuz some live in upper altitude) contributed to their physical shapes.
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by BlackKenichi(m): 11:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sybellah:

aaah Nice! smiley
I will be looking for more info to post, with them it's quite difficult to find sources unlike with the Akan but i ll try, i found some but in french
i will google translate them in english later on
Kru people are fine, and the Bhete men are DIMES! cool
what u said about the dancing is true cheesy, cuz we say that too back home. They usually have great calves as well, we think the dancing and their locations (cuz some live in upper altitude) contributed to their physical shapes.

Look at dancers in general. They mostly have great legs (especially female dancers kiss kiss ) and sculpted bodies! I didn't know that the Kru speaking groups live in high altitude areas.
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:06am On Feb 22, 2013
Black Kenichi:

Look at dancers in general. They mostly have great legs (especially female dancers kiss kiss ) and sculpted bodies! I didn't know that the Kru speaking groups live in high altitude areas.

They live in the western part of CIV, it's a mountainous region smiley,
as u go north in the western region the altitude increase, also the forest there is very dense. Notice that they are generally more brown in shade than the akan and other groups. I posted some pics about the natural environment recently in the beauty thread, that is their environment with the Dan/Yacouba people.
The Dan are south mande tho, they are not krus, but they have many similarities in their cultures (masks, dances, ceremonies...)
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
Inside the forest of Monogaga

[img]http://www.petersteiner.at/images/pic_sm1970-12-10%20Monogaga%20Bohrung%20Mo%20Erz.jpg[/img]
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sassandra, Southwest CIV

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
more of Sassandra

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
More Sassandra

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sassandra

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2013
Grand Bereby

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
Fresco

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
Man Region, west, CIV
people living: Dan/Yacouba and Guere/Wobe

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sassandra

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
Man, West side! cool

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 11:55pm On Feb 22, 2013
tres beau pays j'ador

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 12:00am On Feb 23, 2013
quels sont les plats traditionnel kru
quel difference/similitude avec les kru des pays voisins
peut tu developpé un peu sur les krumen, bete, krahn.....
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:56am On Mar 09, 2013
9ja-m:
quels sont les plats traditionnel kru
quel difference/similitude avec les kru des pays voisins
peut tu developpé un peu sur les krumen, bete, krahn.....

ummh let me think...
le riz est la nourriture de base des Bete, et l'un des stereotypes est qu'ils en rafolent quand accompagne de sauce graine
il y a aussi le kpleba chez les Gueres/We

concernant les difference, les krou faisant frontiere avec les akan ont ete un tant soit peu influance par leur culture matrilineaire. Les Bete de Gagnoa par example ont une culture qui se rapproche plus des akan compares aux autre Bhete, aussi les Dida ont des alliance ethniques avec certains akan such as les Akye smiley
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 09, 2013
9ja-m, Je veux bien poster les info, mais les docs se font rares sad sad
je cherche tjrs
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by BlackKenichi(m): 2:07am On Mar 09, 2013
The natural environment pics of Western and Southwestern CIV look really beautiful.
They would make great tourist destinations. No wonder the Kru were so protective of Western and Southwestern CIV!
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 09, 2013
Black Kenichi: The natural environment pics of Western and Southwestern CIV look really beautiful.
They would make great tourist destinations. No wonder the Kru were so protective of Western and Southwestern CIV!

Before the 200os, it used to receive a lot of tourists, but it has change due to the socio-political situation, some places there are now too dangerous.
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by BlackKenichi(m): 2:21am On Mar 09, 2013
Sybellah:

Before the 200os, it used to receive a lot of tourists, but it has change due to the socio-political situation, some places there are now too dangerous.
I see. The french puppet president is still terrorising the Kru. It's a shame though. Western CIV looks so beautiful.

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 09, 2013
Yea it is a shame sad
do u like the natural environment, animals in general?
if yes, i think u ll love this documentary "Oscar the Chimpanzee"
they turned it into our largest national reserve, le parc national de Tai
very beautiful documentary

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

African Images-sights And Sounds! / Similoluwa, Sister Of Ooni’s Wife 'Steals Show' With Backside At Royal Event / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.