Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire (119956 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
Meiway sing for monogaga a kru land in the southwest of Ivory Coast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzCOMh1P0DU

Meiway en mode bhete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciC2aKKKJfU
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
some krahn,Bhete,Kru,Godié,Dida chiefs, the man is tappa cloth (Koudou Grah 1er, he is Godié) is the chief of all kru ethnic group

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
Bhete (Gagnoa) woman

2 Likes

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 08, 2013
Guere Woman smiley

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 08, 2013
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 08, 2013
Enersto Djedje- King of Ziglibity smiley (Senegalese father/Bete mother)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtW3B3j6hoU
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 08, 2013

2 Likes

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 08, 2013
Sybellah: This is a classic! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLXsCKziSw8
yioooooo,in fact who won catel live opéra?
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
babi225: yioooooo,in fact who won catel live opéra?

lol yakoiii? u dun like it? tongue
it's DLain from Madagascar smiley the guy can sing his brain out oo, he is good!

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sybellah:

lol yakoiii? u dun like it? tongue
it's DLain from Madagascar smiley the guy can sing his brain out oo, he is good!
Loooool si si i like it very well mm, i glad that DLain ( en faite je ne regardais plus pare que j'avais un probleme avec ma tv)

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
ivorian225: Loooool si si i like it very well mm, i glad that DLain ( en faite je ne regardais plus pare que j'avais un probleme avec ma tv)

c ca on di de payer les bonnes teles la, Drog di de payer samsung tongue
u can watch it on youtube tho, i think they posted everythin there

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sybellah:

c ca on di de payer les bonnes teles la, Drog di de payer samsung tongue
u can watch it on youtube tho, i think they posted everythin there
looool ma tv es bonne marque heiiin LG grin grin, thanks i'll watch that, sinon how are u?et ta journée?
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ivorians Kru (Tappa cloth)

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ivorians Kru (Tappa Cloth)

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ivory Coast

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ivorian Tappa cloth

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ivorian kru (bhete/dida/godié) in tapa cloth

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
Some ivorian kru chief(bhete, dida, godié, krahn, gouro)

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:21am On Jan 10, 2013
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 10, 2013
Sybellah: hayi this is tapa as well? it looks different, no?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/942764_TAPA_6_jpg5a352f6ebe30f6303a6f00315ee52bd4
yes it's tapa also, because there are 2 façons, celui en raphia et celui fait avec l'ecorse de l'arbre, miss en a fait une collection, check this links( http://www.misszahui.com/siteweb/tapas/gallery.html)
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 10, 2013
Sybellah: et ce que les go la on porte ici, za rezembl a zac de ri hiiin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/942926_268976_1991605104715_3815704_n_jpgf31d96ab229a3a89072e052b5b42599e
loooool c'est pas faux grin grin grin mais c'était pendant une fete traditionel a fresco, c'était plus pour s'amuser wink
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
ivorian225: yes it's tapa also, because there are 2 façons, celui en raphia et celui fait avec l'ecorse de l'arbre, miss en a fait une collection, check this links( http://www.misszahui.com/siteweb/tapas/gallery.html)

tchieee she is good, i like her styles, it 's pretty. I just realised whar Yaya wore last year was also tapa in boubou

vs.

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sybellah:

tchieee she is good, i like her styles, it 's pretty. I just realised whar Yaya wore last year was also tapa in boubou

vs.

Yea it's nice, yaya is good in tapa cloth, i didn't see this pic before
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
Now its more refreshing cuz we see more varied models, the other ones all looked alike
So, the fact that the fabric is made of rafia or wood is what makes it a tapa cloth? but not the designs within the cloth, right?

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
ivorian225: Yea it's nice, yaya is good in tapa cloth, i didn't see this pic before

yea i thought his boubou was different compared to the ones made in bazin, i was suspecting it was made of wood, but i wasn't sure.
In the fashion industry there, some designers use raffia or wood to make tradi clothes, i thought they were just being creative by using these type of fabrics i didn't know rafia and wrapper made of wood was one of the symbols of kru cultures.

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sybellah: Now its more refreshing cuz we see more varied models, the other ones all looked alike
So, the fact that the fabric is made of rafia or wood is what makes it a tapa cloth? but not the designs within the cloth, right?

tapa(rafia and wood) in itself does not vary in color like akan kente cloth but miss zahui try to modernize adding colors, the fact that the fabric is made of rafia or wood it's tapa, and not the designs within the cloth!

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
ivorian225: tapa(rafia and wood) in itself does not vary in color like akan kente cloth but miss zahui try to modernize adding colors, the fact that the fabric is made of rafia or wood it's tapa, and not the designs within the cloth!

aah ok i c
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sybellah:
i thought they were just being creative by using these type of fabrics i didn't know rafia and wrapper made of wood was one of the symbols of kru cultures.
yeaa i see, raffia and wrapper made of wood is poorly known of ivorians because kru prefer to wear kente cloth to their own tradional cloth, parce que la fabrication est compliqué, en plus si on devait le porter comme les alkan porte le kita on deforestera la civ loool

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sybellah:

very nice, je n'arrivais pas a les poster ici, we can see the influence of forest (wood) in ivorian kru attire
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
ivorian225: yeaa i see, raffia and wrapper made of wood is poorly known of ivorians because kru prefer to wear kente cloth to their own tradional cloth, parce que la fabrication est compliqué, en plus si on devait le porter comme les alkan porte le kita on deforestera la civ loool

looolz true grin
but i supposed in the past people used to wear it more, et since c'est seulement l'ecorce, with just a tree i think u can do a lot no? plus t'a pas besoin de coupe l'arbre, no? ma question va te paraitre peu etre stupid mais: si tu ne coupe pas l'arbre et que tu enleves seulement l'ecorce, est ce que l'ecorce est capable de repousser avec le tps? ou l'arbre reste nu pour tjrs?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

African Images-sights And Sounds! / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.