Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) (25906 Views)

NAFDAC Alerts Nigerians On Toxic Substance In Food / Five Alive Is At It Again / Chivita Vs Five Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
depends on where she bought the drink frm,if its from lagosisland,it might be the fake one
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
olas2u: depends on where she bought the drink frm,if its from lagosisland,it might be the fake one
Gbam!!
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Henzzy(m): 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]Watz dt.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Stylz69(m): 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
ladygaga: Between 4:30pm - 5:00pm on 2nd of January, I decided to have some juice after my my meal, so I settled for 5 alive orange juice.

As I opened and turned, I noticed some substance which I initially ignored, I turned more and I saw more. Out of curiosity I opened up the pack. Lo and behold. I found this irritating stuff inside. Dunno what it is. Couldn't bring myself to scoop it out.

I don't know how that got in the pack. More importantly, I don't know why that should be in a juice. This is a product of the Coca-Cola company for Christ's sake.What exactly is the job of NAFDAC or whoever is responsible for the safety of the public? This product was to expire 08/08/13.
I have experience something similar and even wrote to NBC! No joy... Anyway, examine the pack, chances are that you will discover that the packaging is bruised. These Tetrapaks are sterilized and prevent contamination of the contents and that explains why the contents of Tetrapaks have a long shelf life but this is as long as the packaging isn't compromised. Once bruised, microbes get in and grow and that's what you see. Thankfully, I poured mine into a glass cup and didn't gulp from th carton.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
seedord247: That look like the head of a fish.

Maybe thats a gift for the best customer of the year. cheesy

And more also.... Since you dont have meat on ya food, you can used it to replace the meat. grin

slap yourself for this comment. grin
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by fitzmayowa: 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
Take juice to the nearest NAFDAC office.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by seedord247(m): 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
*Kails*:

slap yourself for this comment. grin

Sweery.... You want me to slap myself to prove the love i have for you? tongue
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by dayokanu(m): 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
Looked like the "fetched" the five alive juice from an open Spyrogyra infested Pond

Very soon you go begin dey fat abnormally

Dem say DRINK not "analyse content"

Why you sef open am to look shebi na straw you suppose use sip am finish

Now you don see wetin your eye dey find Aproko
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by kelvincoll(m): 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
Vikin: Just shake the thing, it will dissolve.

What are you afraid of? undecided

Abeg help me ask am, cos nothing like refund or replacement in the part of the world. Make em NGN250 no blow go

grin grin grin grin LWKMDH, Typical Naija breed. Sickness no dey kill black man at all cheesy
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by samfibby(m): 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Obviously, you got a bonus along with what u bought. Enjoy.. grin
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Bigballer2cool: 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
Parcel it back and get a Damn good layer#Payday
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Delfino: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
OP, My believe is that u bought an adulterated juice. Or something is fishy. The Production process of juice is too strict for a thing like this to happen. Not tiny but this big?
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by HARDDON: 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
From the look of your 'dining' table, the Eba rubber plate, the funny cup holding d juice and the general settings, this is a lost case. ℓ☺ℓz. cheesy

You didn't ενεη snap d tin inside d juice pack, rada you poured it all out first? Wow

2 Likes

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by bknight: 12:11am On Jan 05, 2013
I believe d poster didn't make this up for nl lipsrsealed
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by harlos: 1:02am On Jan 05, 2013
dagbas: Disease no dey kill african!
Just swallow the substance dey go!
... and e go come bring u back alive.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by dokunbam(m): 2:12am On Jan 05, 2013
pDude: Mu he he he he he he!

Only in naija! grin grin grin grin

You sef wan form levels dey drink juice grin

God don catch you.

Next time, drink water. It is more healthy than that poison they sell as juice in naija. cheesy

Thanks for this. i cant do without my bottle water, you will always see the content

water for life
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by binhozie(m): 2:13am On Jan 05, 2013
Fish ALive grin

1 Like

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by stanbiggi(m): 4:26am On Jan 05, 2013
Hello,I feel very sorry for you ingesting substance believing to be unwholesome but there is nothing you can do about it
1. The consumerism agency are dead but alve for their pocket
2. The regulatory agency are shareholders and tax collectors
3. You have broken the seal of the drink and has lost the case if pursued
4. Your photo is suspicious, why under that table you took the photo there is a bucket of yellow substances in it like the juice you displaced. Hope your not in this forum to demarket cocacola

This is my opinion and advice to you. Forget everything this country is Bleep
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by lepasharon(f): 5:15am On Jan 05, 2013
i am really surprised at the comments here
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Vansnickers: 7:17am On Jan 05, 2013
binhozie: Fish ALive grin

Fish inside five alive??!!

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by tutu1: 7:45am On Jan 05, 2013
this girl na liar jor, waiten make am they check inside 5alive in the first place, can she proof it that she found it inside, plus we have fake 5 alive all over Nigeria this days maybe it is the Onitsha own she bought lol
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Ikwikwikwi(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2013
You planted the stuff . How can we believe you? Why would you cut the pack open?
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by tucute: 9:22am On Jan 05, 2013
Your story looks more like there is a motive behind it..... What was the first wrong thing you noticed before going further to verify cos I can't imagine cutting a pack of juice to verify what is inside.....
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by kramer: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2013
Where is the poster with an update?

Why do people post and just disappear?

I hope you didn't intentionally do this to get attention
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by pareto(m): 9:34am On Jan 05, 2013
You said its 5 Alive? Okay, drink 5Alive and die ONCE.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Rexphobia(m): 9:34am On Jan 05, 2013
NEVER tamper with the evidence....! Now you no longer have a case.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 05, 2013
Op but u hav consumed the 5Alive bfore u notice? Jus giv thanks to God and stay alive...u may sue nd no one wud be present in law court..
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by delishpot: 10:14am On Jan 05, 2013
Can't a lab find when the drink was opened and how long that stuff has been soaking in the juice?

1 Like

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:41am On Jan 05, 2013
I think it will be hard to prove this now.
All you could have done after you poured some and noticed dirts in your cup is to, simply get your camera phone, video the process, pour more to show the dirt, video around the pack, cut it open and video the "fried fish head" like someone said (still laughing), then gather your evidence, mak a duplicate video,

A live video evidence would have been a good support for your claims
Right now even the micro biologists can't work on it without tampering with the evidence. Once that thing is removed from the can, your evidence is totally finished!!
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by AGgal(f): 11:20am On Jan 05, 2013
dpuzo: My only question is why would someone cut open 5alive pack?
Read d story very well u'll knw y she cut open d pack
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Flygerian1(m): 11:22am On Jan 05, 2013
Na so i take open malt one day, see big cockroach inside. Cant forget that day NEVER in my life! *spits*
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by blazeup(m): 11:41am On Jan 05, 2013
I have experience with this sort of thing.. And I have seen a similar thing before....I have been to juice manufactuers and they expained the likely causes. It is not witch craft or poor production process.. It is usually caused by poor handling by retailer causing the tetra pak seals to give way and this allows air and microbes to find their way into the juice.. Air exposure would contaminate the products' nutrients and this gives things like this room to grow. There is a slim change of this happening, but it does..to experiment this buy a whole some juice any (one) open the lid pour then leave it in a place for up to a 3-4 weeks,it may from things like this.. If you keep it longer for up to two months then you would see a similar thing... That's for sure.. If you drink from any of it by mistake,don't panic, at least nothing happened to me... Yours sincerly..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / 5 Fascinating Reasons You Should Drink Cucumber Water Everyday / Is It Wrong Or Rather Unhealthy To Eat Indomie Raw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.