Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) (6515 Views)

Everybody Is A Genius (A US Based Story) / Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus / Everybody Is A Genius--season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ATMC(f): 3:39am On Jan 04, 2013
mAd-BulleT:
No, not at all..... This Q1 is the simplest question, maybe that's why it gives though time.... because, people alway fail simple questions.
Q1, is talking about living things. Now, this's it;
If a bird fly:- living things can fly.
Animals run:-living things can run.
Fishes swim:-living things can swim.
What do birds do? REMEMBER, ONLY ONE THING IS OMITTED IN THE CHARACTERS ON LIVING THINGS ABOVE, which is "walk".
ans:- BIRDS WALK!
Examples of walking birds:- Hen, Turkey, Ostrich, etc.
so living things can FLY, RUN, SWIM AND WALK.
i get your point but i disagree to agree: if bird wasn't mentioned at first in d puzzle, it'd have made sense but so long bird's been mentioned, its a no no...for d question had k-leg
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 3:59am On Jan 04, 2013
ATMC: i get your point but i disagree to agree: if bird wasn't mentioned at first in d puzzle, it'd have made sense but so long bird's been mentioned, its a no no...for d question had k-leg
lol... Fine, I believe you know that birds are classified into two categories. The flying birds and walking birds.... Read the Q1 again, you'll get my point.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ciphoenix: 8:12am On Jan 04, 2013
Redmosquito:
I know say u go talk! grin grin grin
you know na grin
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ciphoenix: 8:12am On Jan 04, 2013
mAd-BulleT:
No, not at all..... This Q1 is the simplest question, maybe that's why it gives though time.... because, people alway fail simple questions.
What do birds do? REMEMBER, ONLY ONE THING IS OMITTED IN THE CHARACTERS ON LIVING THINGS ABOVE, which is "walk".
WTF!!! Thats Warped
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by EfemenaXY: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2013
mAd-BulleT:

I knew your logic was lopsided and therefore the reasoning behind your answer is wrong. Not only is your reasoning or rather your explanation wrong, it's also very misleading.

~ Have you ever heard of the word slither?

~ Tell me, how do snails, slugs, snakes and other leg-less land reptiles move?

~ If the basis of your "correct" answer is limited to the forms of movement of living things, then you've just gotta admit you haven't covered them all.

Now, I think it's obvious that your "Brain Teaser" is a copy & paste piece of work...and a badly copied one at that, if you don't mind my saying so. grin grin grin

Kindly post the link from where you got that. I'm sure the original unmodified statements and questions are a lot more comprehensible...
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by Redmosquito(m): 10:36am On Jan 04, 2013
Madbullet wat?! shocked shocked shocked shocked
**Falls down from hellaplane** grin grin grin
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by Oahray: 11:06am On Jan 04, 2013
mAd-BulleT:
Please i'm no genius,... Ok?
But mind you, that Q1 seems to be your problem...
Stop saying the question is incorrect.
Just REMEMBER that, it's not all birds that fly....
Is it all animals that run? Do snails run? Are fishes not animals? Do they run? No let me vex o angry
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by Oahray: 11:17am On Jan 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Okay.

A bird is an animal, and from the original statement, animals run.

A fish swims, but it's also an animal too.

So therefore, a bird runs, flies and swims.

Either that or your original statements are wrong.
look at what you just said in a nutshell.
All fishes are animals. Some animals are fishes. All birds are animals.
Therefore some birds are fishes.
Lol. Seriously? Its not certain from the premise given.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by Oahray: 11:23am On Jan 04, 2013
mAd-BulleT:
now this is just dumb. A bird flies and birds walk? Seriously? So the first flying bird is not a hen, turkey or an ostrich, but the birds are? Oh boy... *face palm*
Some brain teaser it turned out to be. Copy n paste sensible brain teasers next time.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by Oahray: 11:27am On Jan 04, 2013
Redmosquito: Madbullet wat?! shocked shocked shocked shocked
**Falls down from hellaplane** grin grin grin
That's what happens when a market woman is in charge of job interviews for lecturers grin grin
Only someone with flawed logic would accept that as an answer.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by Redmosquito(m): 11:27am On Jan 04, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaa! Oahray dey vex oooo! U wan claim Genius by force! hahahahahahahaaa grin grin grin
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by Oahray: 11:30am On Jan 04, 2013
Hehehehehe... Your small black headt dia angry
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ciphoenix: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2013
Oahray: now this is just dumb. A bird flies and birds walk? Seriously? So the first flying bird is not a hen, turkey or an ostrich, but the birds are? Oh boy... *face palm*
Some brain teaser it turned out to be. Copy n paste sensible brain teasers next time.
grin he succeeded in getting himself confused
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I knew your logic was lopsided and therefore the reasoning behind your answer is wrong. Not only is your reasoning or rather your explanation wrong, it's also very misleading.

~ Have you ever heard of the word slither?

~ Tell me, how do snails, slugs, snakes and other leg-less land reptiles move?

~ If the basis of your "correct" answer is limited to the forms of movement of living things, then you've just gotta admit you haven't covered them all.

Now, I think it's obvious that your "Brain Teaser" is a copy & paste piece of work...and a badly copied one at that, if you don't mind my saying so. grin grin grin

Kindly post the link from where you got that. I'm sure the original unmodified statements and questions are a lot more comprehensible...

You're lodging a complaint, simply because you don't what to admit you are wrong. Mind you this isn't copy and paste, it's a research work.
Afterall, I know this would happen, that's why I make the question clear.
"IF A BIRD FLY:- Not All Birds.
ANIMALS RUN:- I did not say, all animals. (Mrs Slither)
FISHES SWIM:- despite all fishes swim, I did not say ALL.
WHAT DO BIRDS DO If you expect me to say, what do other birds do? Then it's no more a brain teaser.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by EfemenaXY: 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
mAd-BulleT:
You're lodging a complaint, simply because you don't what to admit you are wrong. Mind you this isn't copy and paste, it's a research work.
WHAT DO BIRDS DO If you expect me to say, what do other birds do? Then it's no more a brain teaser.

Go get some sleep.

You're tired.

And get yourself some Science Is Discovery textbooks. They're bound to ease your confusion.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by EfemenaXY: 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
Oahray: look at what you just said in a nutshell.
All fishes are animals. Some animals are fishes. All birds are animals.
Therefore some birds are fishes.
Lol. Seriously? Its not certain from the premise given.

And whose conclusion is that? Mine? Or yours?

Like I mentioned earlier, the logic behind the @poster's "brain teaser" is lopsided

So obviously, trying to reason out his question based on his incorrect/wacky facts would yield an equally lopsided / wacky result.

It can't be that hard for you to comprehend, can it??

Oahray: That's what happens when a market woman is in charge of job interviews for lecturers grin grin
Only someone with flawed logic would accept that as an answer.

No need to get your knickers in a twist. I already pointed out that his logic is flawed!

So what exactly is your point, Iron-bender?
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by Oahray: 7:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:
It can't be that hard for you to comprehend, can it??

No need to get your knickers in a twist. I already pointed out that his logic is flawed!

So what exactly is your point, Iron-bender?
she's got a temper grin
take a chill pill jor
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by EfemenaXY: 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
!
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
Oahray: Is it all animals that run? Do snails run? Are fishes not animals? Do they run? No let me vex o angry
Why you wan vex, is it b/cos you are confused?.... You are an Animal, aren't you?. If so,.. Cant you run?
Can't you swim? Can't you walk?
The question talks about characters of living things....
Fly, Run, Swim were mentioned, except "walk". But, despite tree is a living thing, can it do all these??
That's why I didn't say ALL.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by EfemenaXY: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
mAd-BulleT:

Why you wan vex, is it b/cos you are confused?.... You are an Animal, aren't you?. If so,.. Cant you run?
Can't you swim? Can't you walk?
The question talks about characters characteristics of living things....
Fly, Run, Swim were mentioned, except "walk". But, despite tree is a living thing, can it do all these??
That's why I didn't say ALL.

You'll do well in comedy, I'll grant you that grin grin

Er, I hope you don't mind my asking... but where you ever present at your "Introductory Biology" classes at secondary school? shocked shocked

Or were you out in the bush plucking mangoes? grin grin

If you're going to talk about the characteristics (and not characters) of living things, use the acronym MR NIGER D

M - Movement (now you can mention walking, jumping, flying, sliding and all what not...)
R - Respiration

N - Nutrition
I - Jeez I can't remember! cheesy cheesy
G - Growth
E - Excretion
R - Reproduction

D - Death (yes, all living things die eventually...)

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by EfemenaXY: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
I - Irritability cheesy
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Oahray: now this is just dumb. A bird flies and birds walk? Seriously? So the first flying bird is not a hen, turkey or an ostrich, but the birds are? Oh boy... *face palm*
lol, you think I copied and pasted this??
Whatever, the fact you need to know is that, some birds fly while some can't...
Flying birds are: doves, kites, pigeons, e.t.c
Walking birds are: Ostrich, Hen, etc
Note: Those mentioned flying birds can still walk or run... So, the question states characters of living things such as Walking, Running, Swimming, Flying... IF BIRDS FLY, WHAT DO BIRDS DO.... you should know i'm refaring to the walking birds... (Brain teaser)
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by EfemenaXY: 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
^^

You don't give up, do you?? grin grin grin
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by Oahray: 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hehehe... Nice nickname @mad-bullet. It suits you well, especially the first word smiley
genius... lmao grin
*unfollows thread*
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
ciphoenix: grin he succeeded in getting himself confused
I suggest, you are slightly touched...
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ciphoenix: 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
mAd-BulleT:
from the text in bold, it can be said that the answer will be ambiguous. You asked what BIRDS DO. from your explanation of what ANIMALS mean(not all animals), BIRDS should also mean not all birds. Hence the answer could be fly or walk or run Making the question faulty.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You'll do well in comedy, I'll grant you that grin grin

Er, I hope you don't mind my asking... but where you ever present at your "Introductory Biology" classes at secondary school? shocked shocked

Or were you out in the bush plucking mangoes? grin grin

If you're going to talk about the characteristics (and not characters) of living things, use the acronym MR NIGER D

M - Movement (now you can mention walking, jumping, flying, sliding and all what not...)
R - Respiration

N - Nutrition
I - Jeez I can't remember! cheesy cheesy
G - Growth
E - Excretion
R - Reproduction

D - Death (yes, all living things die eventually...)
You are going too far, MR NIGER D wasn't what I meant... I noticed your replies are always out of line.
You need a Physician... Please go for check up.... Ok? I really care about you.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by EfemenaXY: 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
^^ On the contrary, my replies are always informative.

Now stop derailing your own thread.

There is no such thing as the characters of living things!

Or if there is, then pls do tell...
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
Oahray: Hehehe... Nice nickname @mad-bullet. It suits you well, especially the first word smiley
genius... lmao grin
*unfollows thread*
....Do you what me to get through you?? ....better keep shut!
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Go get some sleep.

You're tired.

And get yourself some Science Is Discovery textbooks. They're bound to ease your confusion.
I guess that's what you read throughout your life time... SO YOU DON'T EVEN SCHOOL. I wonder why disturbing myself.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by EfemenaXY: 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
mAd-BulleT:

I guess that's what you read throughout you life time... SO YOU DON'T EVEN SCHOOL. I wonder why disturbing myself.

**Yawns**

Guy, can't you construct a single correct sentence? I mean, one free of mistakes?? undecided undecided

Yeah, it's obvious who "sabi book pass"...Anyway, have it your way. I've wasted more than enough time here - the floor's all yours...enjoy!

***Also unfollows this boring thread...***
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
ciphoenix: from the text in bold, it can be said that the answer will be ambiguous. You asked what BIRDS DO. from your explanation of what ANIMALS mean(not all animals), BIRDS should also mean not all birds. Hence the answer could be fly or walk or run Making the question faulty.
Your eyes seems to be in your pocket, better bring them out, and fix it back.... Read the qestion again, if you see anything like ALL, then tell me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Life I Didn't Want To Live - Diaries Of A Virgin Boy / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 2 By Angelsss / Best Inspirational Books By A Nigerian Author

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.