Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,536 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage (1915 Views)

We Just Met $ She's Talking About Marriage / Great Thoughts By Great Men About Marriage / How Can One Tell Her/his Husband/wife When They Meet Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by lilian(f): 11:48am On Feb 23, 2008
Please i need someone to tell me all about marriage and some things on it because my finance asked me, "How will you like us to rule our family when we marry and how many children will you like us to born" but i don't know what to answer him. Please can some one tell me all about marriage
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by NaJaHaJe(f): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2008
well when you picture a 'perfect' family what are the characteristics? Repeat that to your fiancee.

How many children would you like to push out? grin

Where would you like to live, what things are you both going to do to enhance your communication within the marriage and your relations. How would you want to raise your children? Is Education important etc
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by almondjoy(f): 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2008
Just like most intangible things in life, marriage does not come with a manual.  Even most who have used religion and culture as guides have also failed woefully in trying to get it right. wink

Look within your own family set up and find out the things that worked best and use them as your models.  Worked for me! kiss

Keep the positives and get rid of the negatives.

When you get in there,--you will definitely find your own ways!  Not a wrong or right matter.  One size does not fit all. It is all about what works.  Hope you find the combination to your lock.

Goodluck! kiss
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by SweetT1: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Poster

Let me tell you about marriage. It's one bigggg sad thing you can ever do ! It's like being a prisoner, it's like you are restrained or better yet choked, it's like you are eating the same meal everyday, it's like his sperm go dey disturb your thighs all day long, it's like seeing each other everyday and saying "OMG, can't you just disappear to another planet,it's like you wake up in the morning and see his face again and say "Oh no, it's you again, It's like getting climbed everynight like an Okada, it's like honey, if you make a right decision !
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by almondjoy(f): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2008
Sweet T:

@Poster

Let me tell you about marriage. It's one bigggg sad thing you can ever do ! It's like being a prisoner, it's like you are restrained or better yet choked, it's like you are eating the same meal everyday, it's like his sperm go dey disturb your thighs all day long, it's like seeing each other everyday and saying "OMG, can't you just disappear to another planet,it's like you wake up in the morning and see his face again and say "Oh no, it's you again,

It's like getting climbed everynight like an Okada,

it's like honey, if you make a right decision !

Yeah! that too---without a head gear!

grin grin grin
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by spoilt(f): 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2008
marriage is like a roller coaster. It has highs and lows. Nothing prepares anyone for the reality check.
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by LadyT(f): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2008
First things first do you even love this guy? If you dont dont waste his time or yours.  Marriage is for life so if you feel you can stand each other for life marry him if not run like the wind. Marriage is like having a brother or s sister you may fight but you are still related and nothing will change that.  Its not going to be fun 24/7 you will hate him some days and want to divorce him but as time goes on you will learn his habits and he will learn yours.  Living together is the big killer. But dont be scared no marraige is perfect.
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by 4Him(m): 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2008
Marriage is like a prison cell with no windows. The jailor (sorry priest) locks u in and throws away the key.
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by LadyT(f): 4:32pm On Feb 23, 2008
There is a key its called a divorce lawyer
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2008
LadyT:

There is a key its called a divorce lawyer
or as most nigerian men do, just walk on on their wife and kids. . .
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by LadyT(f): 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2008
Morenike my dear those kind of men always had one foot in the door. Anyone who dares try that with me will be hunted down like they dog they are,
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2008
LadyT:

Anyone who dares try that with me will be hunted down like they dog they are,

me, i won't bother hunting him down. . .b/c even if you catch them, they'll always have an affair. . . .it's better to let them me. . . my forefathers will take care of them. . .who gave me the power to sow a man down? not God.so who am i to tell him to take care of me when i can take care of myself and my kids and my kids who will eventually take better care of themselves and moi?

some men already have the destiny of being useless, nothing can change them. . .
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by LadyT(f): 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2008
Im sorry I will hunt them down and disgrace them. So he wants to leave do so. Dont just run away like a weak animal. At least have some balls. The shok on his face when he is found and the almighty slap I will lay across his hed will scar him for life. Once I've done that I can move on, grin
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2008
LOL. . . i understand your point. . .

but think abt this, why embarass yourself while embarassing him? it'll give him the feeling that you're dependent on him, it'll make him feel good and make him keep hurting you. a man that knows that a woman is independent of his uselessness will always respect the woman and wants to come back to her. . . then, that's when you can sweetly turn him down and humiliate him the same time. . . imagine how he'll feel them. hon, revenge is a dish best served cold
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by LadyT(f): 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2008
No way your calm I cant do that. There will be no polite talk. My mother did the same my father left in a very public manner. After he saw hell with the tramp he left with he came back begging privately which was too late by then. But her keeping quiet made me mad.
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 23, 2008
LOL. . . .i like your mom's attitude. . . and i love my mom's attitude. . . it's best to let them be. . . .they'll see hell where they're going grin
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by SweetT1: 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Lady T

Ohh i see why you think men are bunch of " Bozos". Sorry for your experience. Marriage can be such a wonderful thing especially if the man is good and loves his wife. My parent has been married for 45 years and i can tell you being the last born that marriage is full of highs and lows, i just thank God the lows has been very very few. It made life a little better.

@Morenike

wzup ? Look here, if a man act like a goat it's usually better to let them be because they usually regret their actions and it's usually too late by then !
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by SweetT1: 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Lady T

I sent you a song, check your E-mail please.
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by spoilt(f): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2008
4Him:

Marriage is like a prison cell with no windows. The jailor (sorry priest) locks u in and throws away the key.

if marriage is a prison, i dont ever want to be free! grin
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2008
Sweet T:

@Morenike

wzup ? Look here, if a man act like a goat it's usually better to let them be because they usually regret their actions and it's usually too late by then !
thanks. . .that was my point. . .let them be b/c they'll regret it. . . they hate Independence in women. . .
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by LadyT(f): 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2008
Sweet T are you married?
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by Dalby(m): 10:22pm On Feb 23, 2008
LadyT, sounds like you are really bitter about something undecided
I dont think it is as bad as you make it look, or the bed of roses someone else will paint it as wink
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by LadyT(f): 10:33pm On Feb 23, 2008
How do I sund bitter compared to what others have said. End of the day its hard work!!!
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by SweetT1: 12:49am On Feb 24, 2008
@Lady T

No ma'am i'm not married yet, very much single. Waiting on you. This is my number whenever your ready.
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by LadyT(f): 1:08am On Feb 24, 2008
Wow sweet T tongue you better erase your number I could be a crazy axe murderer, dont let my very big eyes and large head fool you.
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by SweetT1: 1:12am On Feb 24, 2008
@Lady T

It's Ok sweetheart, I'm used to putting criminals back on track. I'm in Law enforcement so it's no biggie. cool
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by SweetT1: 1:14am On Feb 24, 2008
@Lady T

Just out of curiousity, are you a christian? What is life like in London? I heard you guys are very uptight, is that true?
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by LadyT(f): 1:18am On Feb 24, 2008
Uptight!!! No way!
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by SweetT1: 1:19am On Feb 24, 2008
@Lady T

So are there movies, nice parks, good malls and what is an average weekend like?
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by LadyT(f): 1:20am On Feb 24, 2008
If you like you can email me, I'll answer your questions dont want to fill up the topic.
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by SweetT1: 1:21am On Feb 24, 2008
@Lady T

Ok, will do tonight.
Re: Please Can Some One Tell Me All About Marriage by princekay1(m): 1:53am On Feb 24, 2008
i'm still single, can anyone tell me about marriage?

(1) (2) (Reply)

23 Things Every Woman Should Stop Doing / Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy / Refused To Take Second Wife, Pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.