Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 (23324 Views)

Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid / New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 / New Cars Coming To Thrill You In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 05, 2013
sigmundfreud: Wishful thinking....
Forget it pal!
Some are working hard and smart to get to that point and it's looking more realistic at the break of every dawn.

Only a lazy mind would resign to faith and settle down for mediocrity afterall those people who drive them are not super human.

#getalife.
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 05, 2013
I don't understand what's so wishful in a vehicle that only cost less than $500/month provided you have a steady income and good credit history..... My Covette ( summer vehicle) is just bout that range too, so if I want to trade it in for any of those vehicles up there with the already paid principal..... I won't pay less than $200/month.

Brand_new:
Forget it pal!
Some are working hard and smart to get to that point and it's looking more realistic at the break of every dawn.

Only a lazy mind would resign to faith and settle down for mediocrity afterall those people who drive them are not super human.

#getalife.
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 05, 2013
Frankie9ice:

Here is truly a better list,...although I stil consider it a wish list 50%-70%. You got MBenz products on this list,all 2012. I bet none costs less than N12-N15million (whereas d Camry & Accord ranges from N5-N7million). So tell me,how realistic is dat price tag for d average Joe on Nairaland FORUM? If this were a forum for Aso Rock psychophants n NASS legislooters I wudn't be blowing so much steam.
So guy n Sisi Kill next tym draw up a more pratical/realistic list and not just a wishlist straight frm the net

my post was based on the nigerian market and going well into 2013 the prices would definitely depreciate
2012 C250 (Below 10M)
2010 E350 (BELOW 10M)
Obviously am referring to the ones that have got miles on them
its only the 2012 CLS550 that would peak above 10M undecided
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 05, 2013
jidegirl12: I don't understand what's so wishful in a vehicle that only cost less than $500/month provided you have a steady income and good credit history..... My Covette ( summer vehicle) is just bout that range too, so if I want to trade it in for any of those vehicles up there with the already paid principal..... I won't pay less than $200/month.

Still wishing for a ROlls Royce Ghost Phantom and I'm pretty sure your 500USD monthly payments can offset that in 20 years.

1 Like

Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 05, 2013
Brand_new:
Still wishing for a ROlls Royce Ghost Phantom and I'm pretty sure your 500USD monthly payments can offset that in 20 years.

Meern now that's HAWT !! ...... 20years kę wetin ? You want it pimped? Max is 5years brogrin

I like smaller sleek vehicles and too bad you can only drive them in summer here cos of snow ...... Mustang & Pagani Huayra.... Ummmmm
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 05, 2013
I love them big and comfy...monstrous power also gives that buzz so I wouldn't mind a Mustang.

Won't blame those who settle for less but I believe with mother luck on my side, I stand a chance of riding that in the nearest future and that's why I burst my a*ss day and night figuring out my hustle.

@Jidegirl so you drive those in winter?
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 05, 2013
Winter kę? O fe Komi si gbese grin ( it's parked and covered in the garage grin it's only driven 5months in a 12 calendar year , can't afford to crash it on icy road or my insurance will spike...... I drive a van and a my oga SUV ( Audi Q7) in winter .
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by SisiKill1: 1:55am On Jan 05, 2013
jidegirl12: I don't understand what's so wishful in a vehicle that only cost less than $500/month provided you have a steady income and good credit history..... My Covette ( summer vehicle) is just bout that range too, so if I want to trade it in for any of those vehicles up there with the already paid principal..... I won't pay less than $200/month.

Ritflmao!! cheesy cheesy

You are baaaaaaaad!! cheesy
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 05, 2013
@Jidegirl I guess that your Oga would be Mr Jideman. grin

Sisi_Kill:

Ritflmao!! cheesy cheesy

You are baaaaaaaad!! cheesy
It's like you people don't know the sh*t an average Nigerian goes through @ home.
Only a few exceptionally rich people can afford those toys and one has to hustle like no man's business so get into that bracket.
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 05, 2013
Sisi wetin gentle Gawd pikin fit do naw..... one life to live .... I don't know if I'd get a chance again grin......

Hey bros Brand new..... Don't give up you'd get there jare .... don't bother bout who oga is too wink.... him own too much no be small grin.......one love .... I'm out grin
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by SisiKill1: 2:38am On Jan 05, 2013
afam4eva: Can the average Nigerian relate to these cars? How many people can afford them? Let's always have Nigerians in mind when creating threads like this and stop living a lie. Let's hear more about Toyota, Honda, Hyndai, Nissan etc.

Frankie9ice:

Gud point my brother. 95% of our population falls in d class of average,below average and poor Nigerians. Truth is Sisi Kill's thread is for a select few who perhaps don't visit Nairaland at all,...d Femi Otedola's, Mike Adenuga,...and the 360+ thieves we have in the National Assembly (not excluding GEJ's brigade of ass-liking yes men-Dr Okupe et al).
I know a perm secretary in a state ministry somewhere in d North who owns a Camry 2012,Passat 2012,VW Golf 6 (at least dts wat I av seen him drive in d last 2 months) and dis dude didn't even own a car b4 his boss became state Governor in 2007.

https://www.nairaland.com/1151781/list-beautiful-fully-loaded-yet#up
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by calabaman(m): 6:03am On Jan 05, 2013
Born 2be Rich: For which naija road you wan take drive this kind car
Very good question
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by obi2012: 6:15am On Jan 05, 2013
you can never own any of those vehicles for under $500/month.. Na lie.. Its simple math.. Maximum loan period on most vehicles is 60 months(5 years).. $500 multiplied by 60 months is $30,000 total.. Even if you put a down payment of $20,000.. thats $50,000.. All the cars on that list are at least $100,000 for the cheapest and the interest compounded over 5 years is about $35,000 depending on your credit so we are looking at $135,000 for the cost of the vehicle.. So you see your theory is just a theory, even if you put $20,000 on any of those cars, your payments would still be over $1000 a month..

Sorry to break it to you but even if your corvette was a 2012, your payments would still be about $700 a month or more because you'd be financing close to $60k over five years because the corvette has no residual value.

Besides, nigerians here are talking about buying these cars cash not payments so the reality is for a lot of people, this is wishful thinking.. Coming up with $100+k cash for these cars plus another $10-$15k for shipping and clearing will not be easy. If these cars were $500/month, every walmart worker would have one

1 Like

Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by meforkene(m): 7:49am On Jan 05, 2013
See all dia mouth,"d benz is better,no I prefer d bentley".mechie nu onu dia!if u had plans of buying any of these I SWEAR u'll not be on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by b03liberty(m): 7:53am On Jan 05, 2013
Sisi_Kill: 1) BMW M6 Gran Coupe

WHY IT’S HOT: A 4.4-liter turbo V8; 560 horsepower.
WHY IT’S NOT: Its two-tone look may not be for everyone. Not available in standard transmission.
UNNECESSARY BUT AWESOME: Golden brake calipers. Refined and ostentatious all at once; good inflation hedge.

saw dis in jos on ma way to bauchi undecided
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by 2Legit2Qui: 8:06am On Jan 05, 2013
People ask which road you wan drive them on. The people that already drive them in Nigeria, on which road them they drive am? Come to Abuja on a sunday evening. You go know say cars they, and no be ghost they drive them.

The CLA is coming towards the end of 2013 and priced 39k pounds, thats how much? Roughly 10m Naira. Big deal? Are there no costlier cars in Nigeria?

We cant all be poor, we cant all remain average, that doesnt mean those that are above average are evil and shouldnt spend their money on whatever they want to. But if you chose to remain poor or below average or average, good luck to you.
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by sigmundfreud(m): 8:31am On Jan 05, 2013
Brand_new:
Forget it pal!

#getalife.
All the best to you.
Different people with different realities. If i have to work my (a#s#s) out just to get a 10 million naira car...then I am the most miserable of all men!
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by 2Legit2Qui: 8:34am On Jan 05, 2013
sigmundfreud:
All the best to you.
Different people with different realities. If i have to work my (a#s#s) out to get a 10 million naira car...then I am the most miserable of all men!

Yes you are, but there are still people on this earth who doesnt have to work their behind off to get a 10 million naira car. Deal with that truth.
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by pandorasbox1(m): 8:44am On Jan 05, 2013
blink182: The Benz has it.
this looks like a black coloured carton. Lacks aesthetics.
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 05, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

Yes you are, but there are still people on this earth who doesnt have to work their behind off to get a 10 million naira car. Deal with that truth.
Work is good for your body and Soul. The money really shouldn't be your motivation but the fact that you want to make a difference.

The money and other material things only comes on the side and yes, it will make you feel good so beat it my friend and work is not always about the sweats. It's all about using your mind.
sigmundfreud:
All the best to you.
Different people with different realities. If i have to work my (a#s#s) out just to get a 10 million naira car...then I am the most miserable of all men!
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by muktarmtt(m): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2013
Billyo ;Dnaire:
You've got taste. That baby is truck for daily activities without being noticed. I recommend the G65 AMG
men I agree wit u am in luv wit dat since 2005 may neighbour have one i stay at gate in d mrn wen he is coming out jst 2 see him passing by wit d car nd wave him men d car waz awesome grin
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 05, 2013
obi2012: you can never own any of those vehicles for under $500/month.. Na lie.. Its simple math.. Maximum loan period on most vehicles is 60 months(5 years).. $500 multiplied by 60 months is $30,000 total.. Even if you put a down payment of $20,000.. thats $50,000.. All the cars on that list are at least $100,000 for the cheapest and the interest compounded over 5 years is about $35,000 depending on your credit so we are looking at $135,000 for the cost of the vehicle.. So you see your theory is just a theory, even if you put $20,000 on any of those cars, your payments would still be over $1000 a month..

Sorry to break it to you but even if your corvette was a 2012, your payments would still be about $700 a month or more because you'd be financing close to $60k over five years because the corvette has no residual value.

Besides, nigerians here are talking about buying these cars cash not payments so the reality is for a lot of people, this is wishful thinking.. Coming up with $100+k cash for these cars plus another $10-$15k for shipping and clearing will not be easy. If these cars were $500/month, every walmart worker would have one

Say what? Covette Grand sport coupe ( 2010) was less than $50k bro.........

It's all about your credit history and income that'll determine your monthly payment...... I have a friend here that owns a gas station and changes cars like a gum so don't even start with that.....

Tell you what? They call to inform you about new brands annually to mooch you with the best offer cool

You don't need to explain anything to me....seeing is believing......before you argue next time please make a call or visit the dealership buddy....... Have you even visited the dealership so they can break it down for you?

Don't give me theories bro.....I live it.......I agree with the $100k price range but do I have to buy that? Doesn't all brand come in hierarchy ? I don't eat more that I can chew buddy but I sure do like good stuff...... Like I said who knows I might not get a second chance again in life.....Peace cool
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2013
Every Walmart staff will have one @$500?..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
When that's all he makes biweekly with jara on top.

I do not copy atall buddy......you sure don't have a clue what you're talking about! What a waste if my time!

Walmart store manager sef doesn't make less than $30k with benefit......break it down bro , divide that by 12 plus tax o ! cheesy...... You're trippin! cheesy

And that's why it'll never happen for any Nigerian cos you will easily take any of those cars home for monthly payments rather than do yahoo yahoo to pay cash..... I don't live on fantasy ..... I work.... I don't steal!
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by ba7man(m): 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
mrkels:
If beauty is your thing then you have not seen the inside of the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG and the Audi S8, trust me, that lambo is nothing compared to it
How dare u compare a Lamborgini Aventador to a Merc CLA??...If u have ever seen a Lambo, you'll know its not an automobile....Its an EVENT!!!
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
ba7man: How dare u compare a Lamborgini Aventador to a Merc CLA??...If u have ever seen a Lambo, you'll know its not an automobile....Its an EVENT!!!
Lol! And thos who can afford it won't risk their lives driving it here.
Imagine owning a car you can only drive on certain roads.
You are not even free to get to some parts of the city even if you life depends on it.

#fastandfurious
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Originalsly: 1:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
DJDOLA: How about danfo..abi no b dat danfo dey carry most of u go office
lmao....stop it!
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by azpeculiar: 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
Jarus:

That 2012 Camry no be it jare. Looks like Toyota Corolla 2008. Camry 2007-2011 still finer IMO

You're right. I doubt that it's even doing well, compared to the one it's replacing.
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Dee60: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
donsteady:

and your pastors are cruising in private jet. i swear you need external brain

well...... for me, nothing will distract me from buying G55AMG this yr...

There is no mention of giving your life to a pastor! Jesus Christ is the answer. No one should judge anyone who is cruising in private jets. Let God be the judge. It may just be that some people will enjoy the best on the earth and enjoy eternity with God in heaven, because they have believed Christ, while those who neglect the gift of Christ will miss the good things of this life and God forbid that they also miss heaven. Brother, get your G55AMG if you can afford it, but by all means get Christ. Salvation will cost you NOTHING. Jesus has paid for it all.
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by obi2012: 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
I dont need to visit a dealership.. I own a dealership in the US and one in nigeria.. I have also sold cars on that list.. Its simple math if the numbers dont add up, how will they get their money back? Credit history determines your interest rate but in the end the bank has to get their capital back and their interest. The payments you are suggesting do not even cover 3/4 of the principal not to talk of the interest. This is what i do for a living, you cant tell me how to do it.
At $500/month if you took the loan even for 10 years (which does not exist, maximum loan period is typically 60 months) $500 * 12 months * 10 years = $60,000.. Its common sense, where will the bank get the rest of their principal from? Where will the bank get their interest from? Even if na your papa own BofA or Citibank, in America, your statement has to balance. No bank will take a loss because you want to drive mercedes.

You said you can trade in your corvette and pay $200, Current value of a 2010 corvette gs with even 5,000 miles is high $40's tops and i doubt your car has 5,000 miles

List of 2010 corvette gran sport's that have been sold in the last couple of weeks through the dealer network:

03/23/12 PA Regular $48,000 5,458 Avg BLUE 8G A No
04/17/12 OHIO Regular $42,900 9,860 Avg RED 8G M No
05/01/12 OHIO Regular $45,300 9,950 Avg RED 8G 6 No
09/24/12 DALLAS Regular $41,500 22,689 Avg BLACK 8G A No
10/23/12 SO CAL Regular $39,250 17,153 Avg RED 8G A No

I change cars like gum and i dont need your friend to tell me what i do for work... wink If you came up to me with a 2010 corvette expecting to take home a brand new cla or gran coupe with $200 payment, i'd laugh at you.. grin

jidegirl12:

Say what? Covette Grand sport coupe ( 2010) was less than $50k bro.........

It's all about your credit history and income that'll determine your monthly payment...... I have a friend here that owns a gas station and changes cars like a gum so don't even start with that.....

Tell you what? They call to inform you about new brands annually to mooch you with the best offer cool

You don't need to explain anything to me....seeing is believing......before you argue next time please make a call or visit the dealership buddy....... Have you even visited the dealership so they can break it down for you?

Don't give me theories bro.....I live it.......I agree with the $100k price range but do I have to buy that? Doesn't all brand come in hierarchy ? I don't eat more that I can chew buddy but I sure do like good stuff...... Like I said who knows I might not get a second chance again in life.....Peace cool
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by obi2012: 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2013
I even did you a favor.. I went on BMW USA's site...

They have an estimate your payment option.. I picked the M6 Coupe which is $20,000 less than the Gran Coupe.. Cost of the car was $108,000.. I did the trade in value of your corvette at $50,000.. The monthly payments are $1093 per month for 60 months, I decided to add jara, I did the trade in value of your corvette at $70,000, your payments are $793 per month for 60 months.. So i dont know where you are getting $200 per month from..

Assuming you dont trade in anything at all, your payments are $1996 per month.. So definitely i dont know where you are getting $500/month from.. This is the cheaper m6 coupe not gran coupe o and the lowest interest rate there is in the US...

Dont believe me try it yourself:
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/byo/byohome.aspx?namodelcode=136k

Click estimate your payment on the right and do your calculations..

Please stop spreading propaganda

jidegirl12: Every Walmart staff will have one @$500?..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
When that's all he makes biweekly with jara on top.

I do not copy atall buddy......you sure don't have a clue what you're talking about! What a waste if my time!

Walmart store manager sef doesn't make less than $30k with benefit......break it down bro , divide that by 12 plus tax o ! cheesy...... You're trippin! cheesy

And that's why it'll never happen for any Nigerian cos you will easily take any of those cars home for monthly payments rather than do yahoo yahoo to pay cash..... I don't live on fantasy ..... I work.... I don't steal!
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Burch(m): 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
Dee60: In 2013, give your life to Christ very early. Dont get distracted by Cars. Keep eternity in view.

Most righteous, your mates are busy aspiring for private jets and you are here making jest of yourself.
Re: Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
obi2012: I dont need to visit a dealership.. I own a dealership in the US and one in nigeria.. I have also sold cars on that list.. Its simple math if the numbers dont add up, how will they get their money back? Credit history determines your interest rate but in the end the bank has to get their capital back and their interest. The payments you are suggesting do not even cover 3/4 of the principal not to talk of the interest. This is what i do for a living, you cant tell me how to do it.
At $500/month if you took the loan even for 10 years (which does not exist, maximum loan period is typically 60 months) $500 * 12 months * 10 years = $60,000.. Its common sense, where will the bank get the rest of their principal from? Where will the bank get their interest from? Even if na your papa own BofA or Citibank, in America, your statement has to balance. No bank will take a loss because you want to drive mercedes.

You said you can trade in your corvette and pay $200, Current value of a 2010 corvette gs with even 5,000 miles is high $40's tops and i doubt your car has 5,000 miles

List of 2010 corvette gran sport's that have been sold in the last couple of weeks through the dealer network:

03/23/12 PA Regular $48,000 5,458 Avg BLUE 8G A No
04/17/12 OHIO Regular $42,900 9,860 Avg RED 8G M No
05/01/12 OHIO Regular $45,300 9,950 Avg RED 8G 6 No
09/24/12 DALLAS Regular $41,500 22,689 Avg BLACK 8G A No
10/23/12 SO CAL Regular $39,250 17,153 Avg RED 8G A No

I change cars like gum and i dont need your friend to tell me what i do for work... wink If you came up to me with a 2010 corvette expecting to take home a brand new cla or gran coupe with $200 payment, i'd laugh at you.. grin

Here we go again..... I own a dealership undecided

So whats your argument again ? Trade payments ? So I get this straight..... trade in value for 2010 coupe is $50k? Are you for real?

I will not flex how much I got the Covette but it's no brainer I coughed a reasonable down payment to get a good deal for $500........ It's not my job so I don't need to check any website .... Just give me the damn papers and I'll sign as long as I take the ride with me.

So if I came to you with 2010 Corvette I have just less $10k left on it & less than 15k km for any of those cars how much will I pay? New Corvette coupe precisely ?

Like a someone told me on here before..... Park well jor grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Myths About Fuel Economy / At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . / 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.