Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,126 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! (51439 Views)

Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court / Nigeria Escapes FIFA Ban As Court Dismisses Case / Breaking News: Fifa Ban Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Krucifax(m): 11:01am On Jul 15, 2014
The crisis that is currently rocking the country’s football is far from being over, as the Federal Government has ordered for the closure of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), bank accounts. This latest development came few days after the Federal Government denied the football house their July, monthly allocation, which amounted to N253 million.($1,559,995.or £910,526)

However, the men in the Glass House had been asked to privately source for their mean of livelihood with their three bank accounts frozen.

An impeccable source close to the Glass House hinted that the Ministry of Sports acted to avoid further accusation of government interference in the administration of the round leather game in the country.

“There is a general saying which states that you put your money where your mouth is. So, it is believed that this is the simple thing that the government has done.

“FIFA has asked the Nigerian government to stay clear of football matters and that has to be done in all areas, which includes funding,” the source posited.

Last week, the World football governing body, FIFA, made good its threat to suspend Nigeria, accusing the government of interfering in football administration and had also called for the reinstatement of the sacked Alhaji Aminu Maigari-led NFF board or risk heavy sanctions.

Meanwhile, efforts to reach the Nigeria Football Federation assistant Director, Communication, Ademola Olajire on telephone were to no avail. The image maker also failed to reply the text message sent to him to confirm the state of the football house account.

N253 Million per month no more. See Gobe.....lol! shocked

Source below

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=72216

55 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by martyns303(m): 11:08am On Jul 15, 2014
Can't be giving out N253 Million without it being accounted for. If u don't want interference, fine. Finance urself and do as u wish.

235 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by braine(m): 11:15am On Jul 15, 2014
Lol. Lovely move. Let them generate their income. Next time they'll think twice. This is Nigeria.

118 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by DickDastardly(m): 11:20am On Jul 15, 2014
CHECKMATE!
One looting conduit locked down.
Thank you FG.

147 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 15, 2014
DickDastardly: CHECKMATE!
One looting conduit locked down.
Thank you FG.
Serious Checkmate I tell ya

71 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Idrismusty97(m): 11:25am On Jul 15, 2014
“FIFA has asked the Nigerian government to stay clear of football matters and that has to be done in all areas, which includes funding,” the source posited.
perfect! Excellent! Superb! cool

91 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by fnep2smooth(m): 11:28am On Jul 15, 2014
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by fnep2smooth(m): 11:29am On Jul 15, 2014
nice move but won't it affect our girls going for u20 world cup next month.

4 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2014
If FIFA did not want governments to interfere with the administrative running of football why allow them fund it ?

They should have known that it is he who pays the piper that dictates the Tone.

Nice move FG and let's see if heaven fall down.

106 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by kokoA(m): 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
matify:

If FIFA did not want governments to interfere with the administrative running of football why allow them fund it ?

They should have known that it is he who pays the piper that dictates the Tone.

Nice move FG and let's see if heaven fall down.
Do coporate bodies sponsoring other FAs around the world interfer with their activities?

Meanwhile, I am insupport of the government's move. It is high time NFF get up and start sourcing funds for themselves.

29 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Provie(m): 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
World Cup Play Off: FIFA 1 - 1 NGA.

Lol!

151 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by jobsat34(m): 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
If this is for real, I can assure you that there will be no more court cases within the Glass House..

50 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by cr7lomo: 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
kokoA: Do coporate bodies sponsoring other FAs around the world interfer with their activities?

Meanwhile, I am insupport of the government's move. It is high time NFF get up and start sourcing funds for themselves.

Corporate bodies sponsor , government fund. Das d difference

35 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
kokoA: Do coporate bodies sponsoring other FAs around the world interfer with their activities?

Corporate bodies into sports sponsorship are only doing it to get TAX reprieve from the government and not because they so much as love the sports. That's the big secret behind GLO's alliance with the supporter's club and sponsorship of our premier league.

Tell me which business man will want to commit millions of his profit into supporting a venture that will not in the long run be to his advantage?

33 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by hazyfm: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
LAUGHING IN CALABAR..... YUHAYUHAYUHAYUHAYUHAYUHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

38 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by mencade5(m): 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
nairaland, its nice being here. Since last year i have benefitted from this great forum. The number one in nigeria. I guess this is my last post in nairaland, till
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
but i will be back by excatly 6 pm this evening. tongue
let me spend some hours with my family for now.

26 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nihilist: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
Fantastic news.

Now Nigerian ministry can divert that funding into the development of our National Sport: Gidigbo

Maybe in the next few years, we might have WWE-style Gidigbo fights on pay per view all over the country.

angry

8 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
Good for our football !!

Imagine , FIfA will make Nigeria to become slave because of Football !

If FIFA do not want Nigerian FG to interfere in NFF , then NFF should be renamed into FIFA football federation and taken outa Nigeria into Atlantic Ocean !!!

Bullcrap !!

32 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Smartlux(m): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
hmmm
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by ednut1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
chisos

5 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by 4reigningqueen: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
ok.

Em ...em when is the EPL kicking off? I need a break from this kind of news that brings nothing but fury. I need some excitment.

5 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by allanphash7(m): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
perfect

3 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by priscaoge(f): 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
''Cunning'' man die "Cunning" man bury amgringringrin

Even Psquare talk am say.."If U do me I do U,man no go vex"cheesycheesycheesy

13 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by BRAV0O(m): 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! We deed it yes ! ...... Wait oO " does this move from federal govt. Whot celebrating ? *just curious*

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by GoodBoi1(m): 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
Let's see
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
He who pays the piper,picks the tune..since the government can't interfere,it should also stop funding NFF..why should I pay for something I can't have a say? FiFA is not serious,FIFA smacks of double standard.

16 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by saasala(m): 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
But I read somewhere that FIFA has extended the deadline date for Nigeria to respond to the ban imposed on the NFF. Read it here: http://www..com/fifa-gives-nigeria-more-days-to-respond-to-ban/
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by duerap: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
I thought GEJ was clueless. This move does not seem to me like he is really clueless.

53 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Celepope: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Na that money when FIFA won give Nigeria for participating in the world cup go hear am.Trust me there is now ground for excuse why NFF won't pay the Super Eagles the money they owe them grin

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Sijo01(f): 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
You do me, i do you, God nor go vex.

5 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Blockus: 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Joe for Life President..

Fhuck FIFA!!

You cant be paying them a salary and then they tell you that you have no right over them. angry

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos / Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 / Roofing Begins At The 17000-Seater Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.