Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

How A Celebrity Lost It All To Drugs.... - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How A Celebrity Lost It All To Drugs.... (5241 Views)

When U Get Married To A Celebrity Branch Manager, Lol (Photo) / Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth / Tonto Dike's New Month Message- "Say No To Drugs And Weed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Celebrity Lost It All To Drugs.... by lolaluv1(f): 1:09am On Jan 04, 2013
R&B singer Houston reportedly attempted suicide by gouging out his eye while on tour in London back in 2005. The Los Angeles native, born Houston Summers IV, was overseas for a series of performances when the incident occurred. He scored a hit in 2004 with the Chingy and Nate-Dogg featured "I Like That", which was also featured in a McDonald's commercial.

According to reports, Houston tried to jump off a balcony, but was stopped by his security detail. After he was prevented from leaping, he then was locked in a bathroom, where he gouged out one of his eyes with a plastic fork.

He was allegedly under the influence of the drug known as PCP when he did this. A second version of the bizarre incident states that; "dark forces made him pluck out his own eye".
The third version posits; he had an undisclosed "accident" which led to the loss of his eye.

His debut album, It's Already Written, was certified gold a month after its release. He was touted upon the release of his debut album as one of the new generation of r'n'b artists to be reckoned with: a triple threat who was handsome, could sing and dance.

He is presently staying in the same cramped apartment he was living before gaining...and losing fame!

N.B-This news isn't really new. Just brought it up because it's really sad to see what drugs and psychosis reduced a fine, young, talented man to. Attached is the before and after pictures...so sad! sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Celebrity Lost It All To Drugs.... by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
lola. I almost cried right now..it pains me real bad

i bought this guy album after listening to " I LIKE THAT" way back in 2005.since then, i've been waiting for him to release another album but all to no avail.no wonder i didn't hear another song from him..why?...what could this handsome young man be doing with drugs that he forgot he had a blossoming career

Lola, if you're a fan of his, i urge your to listen to "AINT NOTHING WRONG" off his ITS ALREADY WRRITTEN album and you'll truely know that this nigga got talent.talk about about wasted talent...smh...

I'm so sad right now

1 Like

Re: How A Celebrity Lost It All To Drugs.... by lolaluv1(f): 11:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
Lala, I think I know the song.
Just didn't really feel like downloading it because it's all so depressing to see how he turned out. sad sad

2 Likes

Re: How A Celebrity Lost It All To Drugs.... by Kunbee: 1:04am On Jan 06, 2013
Eh yah, too much money.
Re: How A Celebrity Lost It All To Drugs.... by Krest3d: 8:11am On Nov 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: How A Celebrity Lost It All To Drugs.... by Evakinqz: 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2016
Am not understanding...

Like he took out his own eyes??..

Explanation pls..

(1) (Reply)

Meet "D" Upcominq YOUNG Rapper From Benue State / Very Bad: Popular Married Man Caught " Doing " This Lady In The Bush / Check Out Afrocandy Pretty Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.