Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth (21431 Views)

Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by Teeboy22(m): 7:42am On Aug 11, 2015
Yes, I Am Addicted To Drugs - Majek Fashek

Popular reggae singer and guitarist, Majek
Fashek, who has been in the news for his
deteriorating health, has made a confession.

Fashek, on Monday, while briefing newsmen in Abuja, admitted his addiction to alcohol and drugs and warned the youth against the substances.

He also confirmed the commencement of his rehabilitation process.

He said: “People should stop the use of alcohol and drugs because being drunk will end up destroying your career and your plans for the future. Coming to the rehab is not a bad idea because I realised that I am addicted to alcohol and it was beginning to affect my output and what I enjoy doing and decided to seek for help. I am not the first singer or person that will go to the rehab; most renowned celebrities we know today go to rehabilitation centres to cool their memory.”

The musician also revealed that he would had been a movie star in the entertainment industry but could not continue with the initiative.

“I publicly admitted to addiction to alcohol because so many things are being said about me on the social media and nobody forced me to the rehab. Propaganda of scandal was being monotonous to my generation. I want to run from the stress of Babylon of Africa and I need to be credited for the works I have done,” he said.

Fashek also maintained that he was never deported from the United States.

He said he is fighting to protect the legacy of his children and that he also needs peace for his consciousness.

The rainmaker advised everyone struggling with any form of addiction to seek assistance.

The consultant and psychiatrist to Fashek, Dr Vincent Udenze disclosed that the singer’s rehabilitation would take a while and that it would be a journey.

Udenze said: “Rehabilitation is a long term journey, even if he leaves the centre and goes home, he is still on that journey and that is how we conceptualise rehabilitation.”

Udenze said Fashek was willing to engage in the rehabilitation process irrespective of the duration. He however called on individuals who might be having same addiction challenge to speak up for assistance in confidential rehabilitation centres.

About a week ago, another veteran reggae singer, Orits Wiliki, however, claimed that the main problem with Majek Fashek was not drugs.

https://www.naij.com/513666-just-majek-fashek-confirms-addiction-drugs-alchohol-advises-youth.html?utm_campaign=traqli&utm_source=traqli&utm_medium=traqli&source=traqli

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by phransix147(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2015
Ehya... Only if they would listen just as he didn't listen...

FTC its obvious today will be a great day!

6 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by kossyablaze(m): 7:45am On Aug 11, 2015
SAY NO TO DRUGS & WEED!BE A GENTLE DUDE LIKE ME!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by richardjemedafe1(m): 7:48am On Aug 11, 2015
When they were advicing hIm did he listend??

Eya is a pitty that he is realisin hIs mistake in life when is almost toOo late!!

Is goOD TOo b goOD....I PITY THE MAN!!

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by Princeparix(m): 8:00am On Aug 11, 2015
I believe its still not too late....

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by powerfulsettingz: 8:01am On Aug 11, 2015
Pls does he mean drugs like paracetamol?? Kind of confused here

4 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by nikkiking(m): 8:03am On Aug 11, 2015
Good to know!!! Nexxxxxxt.
Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by Unsad(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2015
SAY NO TO DRUGS
Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by ITSAWRAPP: 8:21am On Aug 11, 2015
Watching out for your return bro, even if it's a track or a collabo with Patoranking

#Bad a s s collabo grin

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by veekid(m): 8:21am On Aug 11, 2015
he who has ears!!!!

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by BCISLTD: 8:21am On Aug 11, 2015
I know a couple of dudes who need rehab too...but they won't listen. .. embarassed

Check my signature. .. call or whatsapp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by Georgekyrian(m): 8:21am On Aug 11, 2015
Lols sorry oo
Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by ykwildchild: 8:21am On Aug 11, 2015
A word they say is enough for the wise

In other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/2
Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 11, 2015
Sorry but I don't empathise.
Some people think they are immune to addiction until they find that they can't stop.

Just because you're strong willed doesn't mean you can stop your neurotransmitters from acting. Think before you leap.

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 11, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

No, he means Vitamin C.

undecided

6 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 11, 2015
SAY NO TO DRUGS AND LIVE LONG grin

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by lordtech(m): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2015
Kpele cry, we don hear. We will take note
RUBBISH,,,,, WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO CONFIRM,,,,

ALL THIS NEWS ON NL SEF TOO MUCH RE-BRANDING...WORST PART::: IT WILL HIT FP
embarassed
I pray it works... its really sad to see him look so terrible. undecided embarassed embarassed
Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by kenedy175(m): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2015
I just came to sign attendance

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by sandrel(f): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2015
Good morning to you all!
Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by Afritop(m): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2015
He doesn't have to tell us that the cat is out of the bag. It is been observed for long. He has been on the headlines for a long time. He needs help immediately
Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by Aiziq: 8:23am On Aug 11, 2015
A promising Network and Site would be officially announced. #Anticipate AUGUST 20th.. please support this movement like, share and Rebroadcast
much thanks guys.

1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by jericco1(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2015
God will definitely deliver you.
Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by allanphash7(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2015
Chai

I Still love you Majek baba
Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by Bsc(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Na woman u be abi na man ?

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by kennyddonn(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2015
ok sorry....na now u know
Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by dridowu: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2015
Says No to Drugs

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by wisdomiskey(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2015
Majek's problem iz not oju la san

thunder strike all doze village
winnchez nd wizzardz dat
spoilt diz man's destiny angry

3 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth by darnley16(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2015
alxhohol is bad bad , marijuana on he other hand ,,,,,, Spiritual

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rita Dominic's 41st Birthday: Alibaba, Kate Henshaw, Toke Celebrate Actress / Kanekalon Hair: Stephanie Okereke's New Photo Shoot / Davido Have Threatened To Sue Some Game Developers For Using His Fall Song H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.