Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,687 members, 7,851,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (467966 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:01am On Nov 18, 2010
1. why not do a hard drive install? you can use a pen drive(flash). there are ways to boot the .iso so you can create the bootable flash.
or just get this software UNETBOOTIN, its very good for creating bootable drives for a lot of different OS and Utilities.

i think the wubi installs give slightly degraded performance imho.

2. i think that error is solely a windows issue, maybe you need to run the wubi as administrator.

you know what you are doing is like installing a program in windows, if the windows dies, your ubuntu install dies as well, and you cant really fiddle with the windows partition/drive.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2010
i just remembered that you can use unetbootin to install on a partition too. partition the drive first, then select it as the target drive in unetbootin, it will also install.

next reboot, you will see the options for which os to boot

Hard Disk Install Mode

If you provide a LiveCD iso file, such as the Ubuntu desktop iso, to UNetbootin and use the hard disk install mode, the resulting install will NOT be a full, standard hard drive installation. Rather, you are simply booting into the live environment, the same way as if you had booted from a live CD or a live USB, except it's being loaded from your hard disk instead. This is often referred to as a "frugal install", as it doesn't install a dedicated bootloader and doesn't make a separate partition, but rather piggybacks off the existing OS's bootloader and installs the files for the live environment inside the existing partition.

Making a full, standard hard disk install if you can't use a Live USB

If you want to make a full, standard install and can't use a Live USB drive as your installer, you can still use a frugal install as the installer (with some extra work needed for partitioning). The particular details of this task depends on the boot mechanism used by your distribution (as you are unable to repartition your drive while it's mounted). Again, this issue only arises if you're installing to hard disk from a frugal install, and not if you're installing to hard disk from a Live USB.

To install a distribution that needs access to the source medium while running, then you will need to do the repartitioning before you launch the actual installer.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by esquire(m): 10:32pm On Nov 18, 2010
Sup guys? God ave really missed this forum, most especially this thread cos u know this is where i sharp my linux tooth if you know what i mean wink cheesy smiley
Its so good to see you guys are keeping the light burning and i hope the admin have changed wink
Will drop by often as time permits me. Linux for ever
Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 7:32am On Nov 19, 2010
Its like am giving up using this Ubuntu Linu 10.10 I burned it on 5 cds it just gives me error while installing, I downloaded a fresh copy and used Oracle VMware to install it crashed! angry Whats is going on? What am doing wrong besides this is not my first time installing it, I have installed the veersion 9.XX for friends and even myself and later removed it.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:39am On Nov 19, 2010
thats why we always recommend the usb install option these days.

did u do a Md5sum check on the .iso? its always adviseable to check after download.

if you dont have a way to boot the .iso to create a bootable usb, then get UNETBOOTIN! it will enable you to create a bootable stick.

google for how to use Md5sum in windows, the u see its cmd line too grin grin grin grin grin grin

anyway, this one that u say the VM install is failing too, im guessing you should do the MD5Sum check. the md5sum should be were you got the .iso from too.

like i said, best case scenario is to get a 1gb flash, use it to make a bootable. when thru u can always format it back for other uses!! at times its the cd burner or the cd themselves that are crazy
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Koolwilly(m): 11:47am On Nov 19, 2010
Bankole_O:

Its like am giving up using this Ubuntu Linu 10.10 I burned it on 5 cds it just gives me error while installing, I downloaded a fresh copy and used Oracle VMware to install it crashed! angry Whats is going on? What am doing wrong besides this is not my first time installing it, I have installed the veersion 9.XX for friends and even myself and later removed it.
I think it is the image that has error, because when i was trying to install the vesion 10.10[b] i burned more than 20 Cds[/b] and i kept on getting errors until i used the live CD sent by canonical,
Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2010
Okay I have heard what you guys have suggested, I just bought a CD-WR so if I burn adn does not still work I will keep reburning until it works on that same CD smiley
I will also buy a 2GB flash drive and use that as my last option, but tomany fake flash drives in the market. Which brand is good for this task? Scandisk
I cant enter 2011 using Windows 7, I need to step up my game using LINUX.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2010
lol @ bankole, ur very welcome to learn. i can assure you in a few months time you will be happy you did and be a much much better pc user.

@ KOOLWILLY LETS ROCK FOR UR MODEM

I explain how to make it work.

PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO ADAPT AS APPROPRIATE. NOTE THAT THE RESULTS IN THIS EXAMPLE WILL BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM YOUR OWN RESULTS IN STUFF LIKE ID, NAME OF HARDWARE ETC, SO MODIFY AS APPROPRIATE

1st thing is plugin in that modem and reboot.
after it has booted up, open a terminal and type lsusb and see if it lists any thingy like a usb device(modem)
then check the network mgr, is it there? if it does, forget the rest.

if it doesnt read on

FIRST THING
Disable the USB storage

When the USB stick is behaving as USB storage it won't work as 3G modem. The first thing to do is to disable that.

Locate the device assigned to the USB stick: run df in terminal

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 199024992 113153688 75761392 60% /
udev 2018164 296 2017868 1% /dev
none 2018164 340 2017824 1% /dev/shm
none 2018164 324 2017840 1% /var/run
none 2018164 0 2018164 0% /var/lock
none 2018164 0 2018164 0% /lib/init/rw
/dev/sr1 26330 26330 0 100% /media/3Connect

The 3Connect one is the USB stick, so let's unmount it, to be able - later - to unload the usb_storage kernel module.

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ sudo eject /dev/sr1
[sudo] password for fola: *****

SECOND STEP
now let's unload the usb_storage kernel module.

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ lsmod | grep usb_storage
usb_storage 66016 0

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ sudo rmmod usb_storage

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ lsmod | grep usb_storage

The first command (lsmod) checks that usb_storage is loaded, and see if there are other modules depending on it. therefore it should be showing just that usb_storage like in my example. There aren't, so we can remove the module (rmmod command). Last command (lsmod) is to verify that the module is successfully unloaded; if it doesn't display anything means that the usb_storage module is gone, so it's ok!
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2010
THIRD STEP
Load the usbserial kernel module

Now we can load the usbserial kernel module and we can associate that to the USB stick.

First of all, let's check how the module is loaded:

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ lsmod | grep usbserial
usbserial              43248  1 option

We see that there's the "option" module depending on the usbserial, so we need to first unload option then usbserial.
Let's do that with rmmod command.

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ sudo rmmod option usbserial

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ lsmod | grep usbserial

The lsmod at the end is just to ensure that usbserial is successfully unloaded. This time it should not display anything.
(IF THERE ISN'T ANY OTHER MODULE LIKE THE OPTION ONE JUST SKIP THE OPTION AND DO JUST USBSERIAL

FOURTH STEP
Now we need to know the manufacturer id and the product id of the usb device. Let's do that with lsusb command:

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 05ac:8213 Apple, Inc.
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0a5c:4500 Broadcom Corp.
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05ac:8507 Apple, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 05ac:0237 Apple, Inc.
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05ac:8242 Apple, Inc.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 19d2:0031 ONDA Communication S.p.A.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Our device is the 19d2:0031 ONDA Communication S.p.A.

I found that after some tries, pluggin and unplugging the USB stick and checking the differences printed by lsmod. Notice that if the usb_storage module is active the product id will be different, while the manufacturer id will be the same. The output of lsmod is not very informative and helping to understand the nature of the usb device, unfortunately.

Now we can load the usbserial device specifying the vendor id and product id of the USB stick.

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x19d2 product=0x0031

NOTE THAT THE VENDOR=0X19,  SHOULD BE THE ONE YOU SEE IN YOUR OUTPUT NOT THIS ONE IN THE EXAMPLE O

now check the network manager again, it should be there, configure as appropriate
Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
Bankole_O:

Okay I have heard what you guys have suggested, I just bought a CD-WR so if I burn adn does not still work I will keep reburning until it works on that same CD smiley
I will also buy a 2GB flash drive and use that as my last option, but tomany fake flash drives in the market. Which brand is good for this task? Scandisk
I cant enter 2011 using Windows 7, I need to step up my game using LINUX.

my broda same story with the CD o! But it burned well and installed while using it, it kept bringing out crashed message chai angry Its like I have to buy a flash drive tomorrow.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by obnelly: 11:16pm On Nov 19, 2010
all,what else can i do my dlink DIR 412 CANNOT CONNECT TO ANY NETWORK PLS WHAT CAN I DO,I HAVE TRIED TO NO AVAIL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by obnelly: 11:17pm On Nov 19, 2010
its a router
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2010
@bankole when you boot the image with vmware you could try to check the cd for errors
Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 7:19am On Nov 21, 2010
blackweaver:

@bankole when you boot the image with vmware you could try to check the cd for errors

Well I am tired of the problem its giving me, I will buy a flash and try installing via flash drive.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2010
check the iso. you may need to redownload, maybe the .iso is corrupted
Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2010
4llerbuntu:

check the iso. you may need to redownload, maybe the .iso is corrupted

How? You have to explain further na smiley
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2010
ok you know when you boot the iso with the virtual machine, there's an option to "check cd for errors; since you're booting from iso, your iso's your cd so do a check; if there's no problem then your iso is not the problem
Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2010
Finally o! I have installed Linux Ubuntu 10.10 on my hard drive although through Oracle VM Virtual box  grin But since it installed with no problems or OS crashes after installation that means I can burn it to a cd or use a flash drive to install it on my other Windows Partition.

Thanks to 4llerbuntu and the rest who has assisted me  grin grin grin grin

Oya! What are the stuffs I need to install on my fresh Ubuntu OS  wink and other stuff I need to know  cool

Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 11:30pm On Nov 25, 2010
mp3 support of course; i don't know what video player you use but for me vlc is a must; does your pc have a webcam? then you may want to install conky (if it doesn't come preinstalled) at the end of the day it depends on what you want to do on it
@4llerbuntu; you say that ubuntu netbook edition uses ubiquity right? well i use the netbook edition and there's an option to use in desktop mode (which is how i use it on my netbook)
back to the kde-gnome discussion it seems kde has this "netbook mode" thingy where your interface looks like a mobile device (think smart phone or slate rather than laptop) - not that i use it that way but for me it's quite neat, even in the ubuntu netbook edition you have to specify what mode before logging while in kde you can change from the system settings
Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 12:22am On Nov 26, 2010
4llerbuntu:

modems dont get installed in ubuntu, they simply work.
what is the the model name and number of your usb modem?

normally you simply plug it in, wait like 5 secs then click on the network mgr thingy you should see either a dialog for making a dial up connection. it even has presets for countries and networks. the one for mtn is there and correct too.

after creating, you can then subsequently simply click on that icon to select the connection.

TIP: some modems like E156G can be funny at times, i usually need to let the system boot with it plugged in so that it loads the drivers modules for it properly, subsequently i can remove and plug in at will.

for JAVA MANUAL INSTALL:
im trying to make this very point and click friendly lipsrsealed

get the latest binary from here: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=42723

after download, right click on the file, choose the permissions tab, tick the box that says make it executable. ave.

1 open a terminal, type gksudo nautilus
authenticate with your password and now you are superuser or root> be careful what u do in this terminal
mode

2. go to filesystem, go to the folder called opt, in that folder right click and a folder called java. enter that folder called java and make another folder and name it 32. enter into that folder.

3. now go back to the place you downloaded the java binary into, copy it into that 32 folder. then close the folder

4. now open up a fresh terminal. type the following
cd /opt/java/32
press enter

5. now type sudo ./<name of the java binary>.bin
press enter

(note the fullstop before the /, make sure its there. there is a space btw the sudo and the fullstop symbol)

6. it will show a long document like license agreement for the java. press enter til you get to the end of it where it
asks you to either say yes or no, type y and press enter. it will then unpack itself and "install". you will see a
new folder in the 32 folder, note the name of that folder when its finished close all open terminals and folders.

7. now open a new terminal and preferably just copy and paste the following commands:

sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/java" "java" "/opt/java/32/jre1.6.0_22/bin/java" 1

followed by this one:

sudo update-alternatives --set java /opt/java/32/jre1.6.0_22/bin/java

please check the exact name of the decompressed folder in /opt/java/32 to make sure the name is then
same with that in the above lines. i mean the "jre1.6.0_22" part

simple. now you have java installed.

to test to see if thats true, just type: java -version in a terminal to see. it will report which version you have installed

I got an error from step one here is the screen-shot of how I entered the commands and where I created the folders

Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 12:25am On Nov 26, 2010
smiley

Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 12:26am On Nov 26, 2010
angry

Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 12:33am On Nov 26, 2010
finally this what is inside the java folder, I was thinking is it because I am using a virtual drive is that why cd/ command is not working sad I guess the root will be different am not sure just asking whats the way forward?

Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 2:08am On Nov 26, 2010
After serious of typing commands I finally got to run the java I downloaded grin

Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 2:13am On Nov 26, 2010
@4llerbuntu Honestly I dont know what command I typed in but it ran  grin then I use this two commands

now open a new terminal and preferably just copy and paste the following commands:

sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/java" "java" "/opt/java/32/jre1.6.0_22/bin/java" 1

followed by this one:

A alot f grammar was just running through my terminal screen if its was in green colour I would swear that I ve entered the Matrix LOL  grin grin grin grin

Both of them said DONE! when the process ended.

Then you said something about to launch java programs, you change directory into the folder where the archive is, then run "sudo java -jar <name of fle> .jar

eg. sudo java -jar IndiaWebProxy.jar

or sudo java -jar freedom.jar

So this is where am stuck! Where do I go from here and I have place the Idish file inside the same folder of the IndiaWebproxy.jar  undecided

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2010
@ Bankole, u know i have to confess, I AM VERY CONFUSED!! grin grin grin grin grin

anyway, congrats on getting the install done.

now first thing is to change directory: there is a space after cd

cd /bankole not cd/bankole

secondly, what of the other stuff in the indiaproxy zip? i think they should be in that folder too or am i the one who cant remember clearly, i seem to think the zip has like 4 stuff, the certificate, the binary, and stuff?

anyways, that .sh script, rightclick on it, choose properties, look thru it and check the make executable box.

then save and close, doubleclick on the file, choose "run in terminal" it will open a terminal, put ur password and voila it should be up.

alternatively, cd into the folder and run "sudo java -jar IndiaWebProxy.jar"

remember, the layman's cd is to open a terminal, type cd<space> then drag the folder into the terminal, press enter!! grin grin grin

for apps, wellz there are sooo many that i cant begin to list. what i will do is do a list of my favorites and post here. you may eventually like other options but im pretty sure that my choices are the bomb!!!! l8r sha, now am at work!! undecided

remember to install the codecs, first thing! sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

they are about 60 MB, contains all the video and sound codecs, flash etc etc, all the essentials!
Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 4:58pm On Nov 26, 2010
I am also confusing myself even, lets start from the beginning. You said download and Install Java which I have done using both commands  below

now open a new terminal and preferably just copy and paste the following commands:

followed by this one:

Okay done that.

Now you said

secondly, what of the other stuff in the indiaproxy zip? i think they should be in that folder too or am i the one who cant remember clearly, i seem to think the zip has like 4 stuff, the certificate, the binary, and stuff? Huh Huh

I have corrected that I have my files complete including Idia.sh file aslo.

Now you said

anyways, that .sh script, rightclick on it, choose properties, look thru it and check the make executable box.

then save and close, doubleclick on the file, choose "run in terminal" it will open a terminal, put your password and voila it should be up.

I have done that when I press enter it just shows me SETUP folder found inside Indiawebproxy folder does not run it.

This is where I am confused

alternatively, cd into the folder and run "sudo java -jar IndiaWebProxy.jar"

It just gives me error

and I tried this

type cd<space> then drag the folder into the terminal, press enter

This what I get in my terminal window

Seye@seye-virtualBox:-$ cd '/home/seye/Destop/IndiaWebProxy'

nothing happens, guy this Linux wahala is getting me crazy what am I doing wrong?

Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2010
4llerbuntu come online lets chat on yahoo messenger whats your yahoo id?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:09pm On Nov 26, 2010
wait first, lets start from the top.

lets see if u actually installed java . run java -version
mine says:

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$

that confirms that i have java installed

i ask because .jar files associate with java. so if it is not installed, it simply tries to open as an archive, u know like a zip file. which i think is what is going on.

BUT if it says java is installed like mine, then you should right click that .jar file too and change the association (open with) to java. thats exactly like in windows when you choose what application to open particular files with.

NEXT
when you cd into a folder, its not supposed to do anything except cd into it. its exactly like in windows too na, change directory is the same everywhere.

anyway after doing cd, and it does not give any error message, you are supposed to the run whatever command you want to run in that directory!

MY EXAMPLE

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ cd '/home/fola/India'
fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~/India$

note the difference between the two lines? at the cmd line i am now inside the "india" folder

then i run
fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~/India$ sudo java -jar IndiaWebProxy.jar
[sudo] password for fola:

it asks me for a password. i type my password. then it executes my command or rather in my case starts the application.!!

anyway, im willing to bet the java didnt install properly.

why not save yourself some stress and get some paid internet or go somewhere u can get and just install these stuff. grin grin grin grin grin

YOU SEE ITS A BIG MISCONCEPTION THAT LINUX IS HARDER. you are simply new and learning. the times table was once the hardest thing in the world remember? back when 13x12 was a nightmare grin grin grin grin grin

actually im pretty willing to bet your error is from the java install. in the first place why in God's name was it named autodl? IDM shey?  grin grin grin
not that it matters, im just catching trips. renaming it is not a bad idea sha.

you are doing much better than i did at first, this stuff u trying, na fbt make me learn am by force, back in the days of YF grin grin grin grin grin grin

seriously, if java -version fails, i think your install is bad, and i think it must be from that ./  before executing the java binary

anyway. i hope to be free this weekend, will boot windows so i can chat on YIM. right now i wan close from work
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 9:37pm On Nov 26, 2010
just wondering; why do you have to go through all that stress to install java? why not go to synaptic package manager, search for java and install the one you want or is a specific one required? or if you want to go command-line what's wrong with "apt-get install openjdk-6-jre" (without the quotes)
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:19am On Nov 27, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin
oh u dont get? he is a fellow freeloader, he wants to use a java app for his assisted fbt. he needs to be able to get it to work widout internet at first, that is the amin ish
Re: Ubuntu Linux by BankoleO1: 10:42am On Nov 27, 2010
4llerbuntu:

wait first, lets start from the top.

lets see if u actually installed java . run java -version
mine says:

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$

that confirms that i have java installed

i ask because .jar files associate with java. so if it is not installed, it simply tries to open as an archive, u know like a zip file. which i think is what is going on.

BUT if it says java is installed like mine, then you should right click that .jar file too and change the association (open with) to java. thats exactly like in windows when you choose what application to open particular files with.

NEXT
when you cd into a folder, its not supposed to do anything except cd into it. its exactly like in windows too na, change directory is the same everywhere.

anyway after doing cd, and it does not give any error message, you are supposed to the run whatever command you want to run in that directory!

MY EXAMPLE

fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~$ cd '/home/fola/India'
fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~/India$

note the difference between the two lines? at the cmd line i am now inside the "india" folder

then i run
fola@fola-Aspire-5517:~/India$ sudo java -jar IndiaWebProxy.jar
[sudo] password for fola:

it asks me for a password. i type my password. then it executes my command or rather in my case starts the application.!!

anyway, im willing to bet the java didnt install properly.

why not save yourself some stress and get some paid internet or go somewhere u can get and just install these stuff. grin grin grin grin grin

YOU SEE ITS A BIG MISCONCEPTION THAT LINUX IS HARDER. you are simply new and learning. the times table was once the hardest thing in the world remember? back when 13x12 was a nightmare grin grin grin grin grin

actually im pretty willing to bet your error is from the java install. in the first place why in God's name was it named autodl? IDM shey?  grin grin grin
not that it matters, im just catching trips. renaming it is not a bad idea sha.

you are doing much better than i did at first, this stuff u trying, na fbt make me learn am by force, back in the days of YF grin grin grin grin grin grin

seriously, if java -version fails, i think your install is bad, and i think it must be from that ./  before executing the java binary

anyway. i hope to be free this weekend, will boot windows so i can chat on YIM. right now i wan close from work

Thanks for the advice, I just wanted to start off things offline just like I have mastered Windows. I am getting around it because I once used MS-DOS back in the days when my Dad worked for IBM. So I use to play around with is old pc that was using MS-DOS as OS green colour with black background.

If I had known I would have taken those commands seriously back then.

blackweaver:

just wondering; why do you have to go through all that stress to install java? why not go to synaptic package manager, search for java and install the one you want or is a specific one required? or if you want to go command-line what's wrong with "apt-get install openjdk-6-jre" (without the quotes)

I want to learn the hardway without Internet on it.

4llerbuntu:

grin grin grin grin grin
oh u dont get? he is a fellow freeloader, he wants to use a java app for his assisted fbt. he needs to be able to get it to work widout internet at first, that is the amin ish

I cant remember the last time subscribing on MTN to browse, the last time I did was sometime early 2009 since then its benn f-b-t all the way I cant waste my precious one on subscribing grin

Anyway I will load 24hrs then use to get java runnning sha but does YF work on Ubuntu? Because Once I get my FBT running on Ubuntu is bye-bye to Windows forever thats why I am taking the pain to learn cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.