Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

How Do I Discover My Talent? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Discover My Talent? (2739 Views)

Please Help! I Feel I Don't Have Any Talent. How Can I Discover My Talent? / I'm Serious, How Can I Find My Talent Or Something To Do? How Did You Find Yours / How To Discover Your Talent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Discover My Talent? by AGgal(f): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
I think everyone in life possess a special ability or talent which makes them outstanding n gives them a sense of satisfaction. Sometimes in d absence of employment opportunities this inbuilt talent is used as a means of livelihood. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately,i'm yet to discover my talent. If i wasnt opportuned to go 2 sch,wat would have become of me? Pls no insults, i just need to knw how to discover my talents.
Re: How Do I Discover My Talent? by nitrogen(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nice one, I think what you like to do or what you find pleasurable is your talent, all you have to do is to take cognisance of those things you do without being pressurised or coerced to do it or betterstill tell those around you to observe you and tell you what you always like to do (note that if you are still a kid or teenager, then the latter is okay, but as an adult or let's say someone above 20, then you need not to be told what you do best or like to do).

Now, a kid that likes dismantling electric stuffs, or someone that catches fun while crunching/dealing with numbers, or someone that can talk and talk and talk, like over a million words per day, and so on, these need not to be told their talents, but they are to be encouraged so that they can make use of them effectively and efficiently.

@op, I hope this helps, perhaps if you want to tell us those things, then we will tell you what next or how to develop that your talent(s).

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Discover My Talent? by ayox2003: 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
Soul searching and being pro-active.

Soul searching requires taking sometime out to think, meditate and excogitate on ur abilities. Most times, it requires that u make a list of those things you have done in the past with ease and happiness, or things that gives you joy. In short, reach out to your inner being.

Being pro-active involves putting yourself to work. When there's an invitation to join a band, to write an article, to join an art club, to join a sport team, to care for babies and so forth, dont lay-back. Give them your best shot. From there, u'll begin to find meaning in those "little" things.

Frawzey

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Discover My Talent? by zenith7(m): 12:38am On Jan 05, 2013
This is a nice thread wonder why it has not been moved to the Front Page. undecided
Re: How Do I Discover My Talent? by AGgal(f): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2013
Tnx @all. I'll try wat u suggested n see if it works.
Re: How Do I Discover My Talent? by bizzle2: 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
...if ure very gud @ it, if u derive alota pleasure and satisfaction from doing it, if its got ur interest den its prob ur talent. think along dose lines, it should lead u home. like ayox2003 said u need to be pro-active, u cannot tell how gud u are/ cud be at a task or activity until u try it. cheers
Re: How Do I Discover My Talent? by taioluv: 7:14am On Jan 08, 2013
@op what makes u happy dat you can do for free not minding at all for now will be ur talent

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Academy Students From Kaduna Lost Their Lives In Ghastly Motor Accident / Nigerians Living In The Uk / /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.