Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Facebook Officially Announced To End On January 15,2013 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Facebook Officially Announced To End On January 15,2013 (853 Views)

Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 / Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook Will End On January 15th, 2013! / Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Officially Announced To End On January 15,2013 by Sicozone(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED,
FACEBOOK WILL END ON
JANUARY 15th, 2013! Mark Zuckerberg announced
that Facebook will be shut down
in January of 2013. Managing
the site has become too
stressful. “Facebook has gotten
out of control,” reportedly said Zuckerberg in a press
conference outside his Palo Alto
office, “and the stress of
managing this company has
ruined my life. I need to put an
end to all the madness.” Zuckerberg reportedly went on
to explain that starting
January15th, users will no
longer be able to access their
Facebook accounts. That gives
users (and Facebook addicts)a year to adjust to live without
Facebook. “After January 15th,
2013 the
whole Facebook website will
shut down,” said Avrat
Humarthi, Vice President of Technical Affairs at Facebook.
“So if you ever want to see your
pictures again, I recommend
you take them offthe internet.
You won’t be able to get them
back after Facebook goes out of business.” Zuckerberg said the
decision to
shut down Facebook was
difficult, but that he does not
think people will be upset. “I
personally don’t think it’s a big deal,” he said in a private phone
interview to a source close to a
friend. “And to be honest, I
think it’s for the better. Without
Facebook, people will have to
go outside and make real friends. That’s always a good
thing.”.
Re: Facebook Officially Announced To End On January 15,2013 by phayvoursky(m): 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
He must b joking.
Re: Facebook Officially Announced To End On January 15,2013 by yawatide(f): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Such new would definitely be on some major news website. Link please. Otherwise, if I were the moderator, I would hv you in my sights for banning wink
Re: Facebook Officially Announced To End On January 15,2013 by akay48(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
Facebook can't shut down, it's impossible really. If Facebook.com is getting too bulky for Zuckerburg to manage, the worst he can do is to sell it off. A lot of rich guys will pay tons of dollars to get that domain (It's worth Hundreds of billions of US DOLLARS). And Facebook.com is not just a domain, it's a company, except he's going bankrupt, I think becomming the next Gates should be his thinking now.
**heads straight to my facebook wall grin
Re: Facebook Officially Announced To End On January 15,2013 by william5: 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
Story, story
Re: Facebook Officially Announced To End On January 15,2013 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
akay_47: Facebook can't shut down, it's impossible really. If Facebook.com is getting too bulky for Zuckerburg to manage, the worst he can do is to sell it off. A lot of rich guys will pay tons of dollars to get that domain (It's worth Hundreds of billions of US DOLLARS). And Facebook.com is not just a domain, it's a company, except he's going bankrupt, I think becomming the next Gates should be his thinking now.
**heads straight to my facebook wall grin
Thank you very much and I got banned by PYguru for calling OP out on this unreasonable thread. That shows you how ignorant some people can be.
Smh!
*********heading back to my website*************
Re: Facebook Officially Announced To End On January 15,2013 by talk2D: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hav u started drinkin..?
I think u r shutting down.

(1) (Reply)

9 Craziest Things That Happen When You Google. / Gov.uk: How Geeks Opened Up The UK Government / Need A Joomla Template Like Gtbanks Website As Soon As Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.