Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight (25447 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by mathskill: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
If we leaved in a country were impunity wasn't celebrated,this celebrities wouldn't have participated in this charade.A good analogy i would give is the death of the Nurse in the case of the prank call by two australian DJ's impersonating the queen.Businesses immediatly withdrew their sponsorship of programmes and advertorials from 2dayfm distancing themselves from the DJ's employer ..In Nigeria Dana air through undue negligence bothering on mass killing is being courted by gutter celebrities.May God save this country.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
i think it would be the pinnacle of stupidity to go and buy my death from a shady indian,
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by uchejichibunna: 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
if nigerians feel dat wot FG did by lifting de ban is wrong & Dana isn't worthy 2 go on air let them nt petronise them again
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by OmoTier1(m): 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
ehie: why did Dana air crash?was it due to cost saving measures?or mechanical failure?we do not know till date,if u board and die,will ur family be compensated?you are not sure,common sense isnt that common,like mario puzp said "fools die",u guys are so quick to waste ur lives,if u fly dana and die,na u sabi
If you fly because you think your family will be compensated when your flight fail to make it then i feel so sorry for you!

Some of you fly B747 by BA to Lagos from London, same with the Virgin A340 without blinking an eye but if only you knew the true state of those planes, the tongue in cheek engineering clearance to fly they sometimes give to the planes you wont be talking the way you have on this thread.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by OmoTier1(m): 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
mathskill: If we leaved in a country were impunity wasn't celebrated,this celebrities wouldn't have participated in this charade.A good analogy i would give is the death of the Nurse in the case of the prank call by two australian DJ's impersonating the queen.Businesses immediatly withdrew their sponsorship of programmes and advertorials from 2dayfm distancing themselves from the DJ's employer ..In Nigeria Dana air through undue negligence bothering on mass killing is being courted by gutter celebrities.May God save this country.
I ask again, of all the road transporters that have killed millions of Nigerians, have we asked for the ban of those transporters? Do Nigerians not still patronize these transporters?

And may I ask you where you got your information from that Dana Air was negligent in the crash of her MD80? As far as we know, AIB is yet to publish her findings.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by matrixme(m): 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
This is human wickedness in play! When you have an insensitive government coupled with an hell-bent investor, an ignorant celebrity (does he think that everything is joke?) and a good photographer equipped with a fine camera, then you have something to flaunt. I hope judgement day comes fast!
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
Are you aware it take a Minimum of two years for a full Crash Investigation report to be ready?

Roseart:

I think the fact that the government abandoned the Crash report and literally re-instated them over night makes people reasonably wary. Things happen but all this rush rush should not be in a serious matter like this.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Roseart: 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
dejustice: Are you aware it take a Minimum of two years for a full Crash Investigation report to be ready?

Did you see my other post. No, ok go read that one too and then come back. You're welcome.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by babyboy3(m): 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
have they paid the compensation to the families?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by babyboy3(m): 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
dejustice: Are you aware it take a Minimum of two years for a full Crash Investigation report to be ready?

No it doesnt, they just need to locate the black box

What a black box is for

A black box preserves the records of what happened in the event of a disaster. The box is made of a nearly indestructible material so that even if the plane is destroyed, the box can be found and retrieved. The box contains recordings of the status of the plane, including measurements of altitude, air pressure, as well as mechanical status. They don't just make the plane out of the stuff because it would be too heavy to fly.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by babyboy3(m): 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
If you fly because you think your family will be compensated when your flight fail to make it then i feel so sorry for you!

Some of you fly B747 by BA to Lagos from London, same with the Virgin A340 without blinking an eye but if only you knew the true state of those planes, the tongue in cheek engineering clearance to fly they sometimes give to the planes you wont be talking the way you have on this thread.

The planes are check before they make any Journey or else
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7426716/Brazil-orders-Air-France-to-pay-compensation-to-crash-victim.html
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by KayDee4: 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
baby-boy:

No it doesn't, they just need to locate the black box

What a black box is for

A black box preserves the records of what happened in the event of a disaster. The box is made of a nearly indestructible material so that even if the plane is destroyed, the box can be found and retrieved. The box contains recordings of the status of the plane, including measurements of altitude, air pressure, as well as mechanical status. They don't just make the plane out of the stuff because it would be too heavy to fly.

Not necessarily, it may take up to one extra year from the time of black box recovery to conclusion and release of final report - (eg AF447)
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by surveycash(m): 12:04am On Jan 06, 2013

is that a Molue?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Blyss: 12:51am On Jan 06, 2013
You couldn't pay me enough money to fly on that jalopy.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by OmoTier1(m): 12:54am On Jan 06, 2013
baby-boy:

The planes are check before they make any Journey or else
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7426716/Brazil-orders-Air-France-to-pay-compensation-to-crash-victim.html
Did you read in my post where I said clearance were done based on tongue in cheek engineering jugement?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by manny4life(m): 1:53am On Jan 06, 2013
baby-boy:

No it doesnt, they just need to locate the black box

What a black box is for

So after listening to black box, then what? They release it and that's it? Smh at some of you.

From the time they take the CVR aka Blackbox to the lab, then log it and send it to the lab for the tape to be removed, then analyzed through different layers engineering testing takes months.

The NTSB engineers literally piece together or almost together all the aircraft, that is the parts are intact. This process alone takes MONTHS. Yes you heard, months. In the absence of all the parts, they gather the structural components of what they have and begin engineering testing and investigation. Then they will come up with several hundreds of probable causes. This process obviously is interfaced with the aircraft aeronautical engineers as well.

While they're at it, the NTSB enforcement will organize several hearings including expert testimonies.
These include if there are survivors, and flight crew. Did I mention that FAA in conjunction with NTSB will subpoena for ALL logs, files, records including maintenance logs that includes both airframe and power-plant (cycles and overhauls), etc.

While other departments of NTSB are at it, another unit of NTSB will perform drugs testing (live or deceased), CREW ONLY. Meanwhile if all CREW is deceased, they will perform FULL SCALE autopsy that takes several weeks. This is to rule out any form of doubt that crew was in perfect condition to fly. Then the medical team will ask for all MEDICAL records - each pilot often undergo psychological evaluation periodically. All these play an important role in the investigation.
for the

By the time all these departments put all their findings together, the engineering team will come up with a 3D simulation of the accident. Now the full investigation is done, now the super experts take that reports, literally go through one piece after another, before it goes through the final review and certification before being released.

After ll these, do you still think it takes a month, two, three or even 6months to get a full scale investigation done? Now you see why complex investigation involving huge causalities take at least 18months, the Concorde vs Continental in Paris CDG took about 3years or more.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by bisi16(m): 3:32am On Jan 06, 2013
From 2day, I seize to be a fan of basketmouth...
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Phopades: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2013
Abeg which airline bring dem bak t☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩ Lagos? If Diana pass going test,wht abt coming bak t☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩ Lagos? If dem get mind mke dem enter say na Lagos dem dey cme bak t☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩ !
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 06, 2013
geeez: It's a PR stunt. Wondering how much he was paid for this

No mind them. Nah their money...
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by mukoloAndy(m): 6:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
[quote][/quote]However, I think that the government has not handled this issue well. The investigation should have been more transparent. We need to know what caused the crash and what measures are being taken to prevent another one.

Dats y sum part of d investigation is still pending.[b][/b]
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by mukoloAndy(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
bisi16: From 2day, I seize to be a fan of basketmouth...
[quote][/quote]

Noted!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City / Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed / Another Petrol Tanker Fire In Onitsha Yesterday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.