Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim (1703 Views)

Sheikh Adam Idoko Kidnapped in Enugu / Atheist And A Christian In Danger / Christian In Love With A Muslim Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by cr8v(f): 2:49am On Jan 05, 2013
By Stefan J. Bos

1/4/2013 Bangladesh (BosNewsLife)- A Bangladeshi Christian evangelist, who says he was forced to marry a Muslim woman and pressured to return to Islam, has appeared in front of a Dhaka court for allegedly mistreating his wife.

Mark Huda Junayed said Saturday, December 22, that the bride's family claims he "tortured" her because she refused to handover 200,000 Bangladeshi takas ($2,500) for the traditional dowry.

However, "These charges are false," he told BosNewsLife. "Her family is angry because I don't want to stay with her and plan a divorce.  She is 40, but I am just 20.  I don't want to marry yet," he said.

Under the country's civil laws he is a minor as the legal age of consent and minimum age for marriage is 21 for men and 18 for women.

MORE CASES 

His case is no exception in the Asian nation where marriages are predominantly arranged because of poverty and religious traditions.  U.S investigators and rights activists say Bangladesh does not have a clear law banning forced marriage.

"Marrying off minors is a criminal offence, and persons who marry off minors may be prosecuted under the Child Marriage Restraint Act. However, the marriage itself would not be invalidated by this process," the U.S State Department said in a recent report.

Most of those forced to marry are girls.  Some 66 percent of girls wed before their 18th birthday - up 2 percent from 2009, according to last year's report from the United Nations children's fund UNICEF .

Yet, as Junayed's case shows, young men, boys and elderly women are also impacted by the country's long tradition of arranged, and often forced, marriages.

INTERNATIONAL TREATIES

The State Department says the practice violates the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which states that "no marriage shall be entered into without the free and full consent of the intending spouses".

Washington also "considers forced marriage to be a human rights abuse [and] in the case of minors also a form of child abuse. Often, victims are subjected to non-consensual sex, physical and emotional abuse, isolation, and threats of violence."

Junayed said he was forced to marry after his Muslim stepmother discovered he had converted to Christianity. "When my stepmother found out I go to church, she and her relatives abducted me," the Christian told BosNewsLife.

"On August 7 they brought me to an unknown place in the Zatrabari area in capital Dhaka," he said. "There I was forced to marry a Muslim woman they bought for me, according to Islamic law. This way they wanted to make sure I would remain a Muslim. However I never had sexual relations with her."

BIBLE'S JOSEPH

Junayed explained that  he wanted to leave, just as Joseph in the Bible ran away from a woman who wanted to sleep with him. "On August 8, I cut my hand with a blade I found in the bathroom. I told them I would commit suicide if they continued to hold me."

He managed to escape, but the woman's family soon launched a trial against him. "I was delivering Bibles when I learned that police was searching for me," he recalled. "Praise the Lord they did not find me at the time."

During this week's hearing, the Bangladesh High Court in Dhaka declined to detain him as requested by the plaintiffs, according to court documents obtained by BosNewsLife. Junayed, who visits an evangelical church in Dhaka, cautioned he could still be jailed at a later stage.

"Justice Siddiqur Rahman Miah said I have to go to the Magistrate Court for my final release within eight weeks. But I don't have money for that since I already gave 300 dollars to a lawyer.  The next legal procedure cost 200 dollars," at least two times the average monthly salaries in Bangladesh, he explained

Source: http://www.persecution.org/2013/01/04/christian-in-bangladesh-kidnapped-and-forced-to-marry-a-muslim/
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by cockyjay: 3:54am On Jan 05, 2013
shocked she's 40 and he's 20. The age of consent is 21. Nawa o. This piss people and force marriages lipsrsealed
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by OmoAlata(f): 8:15am On Jan 05, 2013
cr8v: However I never had sexual relations with her."

Good for him. The marriage should be annulled on this alone wink
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
cockyjay: shocked she's 40 and he's 20. The age of consent is 21. Nawa o. This piss people and force marriages lipsrsealed

exactly.
that's why i have no respect for their lifestyle.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
cockyjay: shocked she's 40 and he's 20. The age of consent is 21. Nawa o. This piss people and force marriages lipsrsealed
*Kails*:

exactly.
that's why i have no respect for their lifestyle.
So you have no respect for the Islamic lifestyle because of the issue of forced marriages?
Islam condemns forced marriage completely. This problem of forced marriages is not limited to some Muslims, but it also occurs among some Sikhs and Hindus and other religions; it's not strictly a Muslim thing.
In islam, marriage is a right of the individual and therefore other people cannot make the decision of who anyone should marry for them.
If a woman/man is forced in marriage then the marriage would not be valid and would therefore need to be cancelled.
A fundamental aspect of Islamic law is the right of free will and consent and the negation of compulsion and coercion in practicing the religion. This has been emphasized in many verses of the Holy Qur’an and Prophetic traditions.
It is stated in the Holy Qur’an;
There is no compulsion in religion, the right path and wrong path, both have been clearly explained and explicitly differentiated from each other”. (2:256)

So hope you now understand that there is no tradition of forced marriage in Islam. cool
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Stalwert: 8:07pm On Jan 05, 2013
You guys remind me of the three blind mice. grin grin at least they are too sides to every story, we have only heard one collected by christian website that intends to make christians look persecuted! . . . The story is suspect as muslim women are not even allowed marry non muslim men yet the story says the opposite, I mean even if u are followers of Paul, it shouldn't insulate you from reasoning . . . But u know three blind mice stagger around looking for light.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
I don't support X-tianity nor do I support I-Slam.

They both have the same tainted origin.

One after the other. Corrupted versions of Judiaism is what they are.
Both of these "religions" have done far more harm to our people than good.

And you sir talking about "blind mice", who is the blind mouse as an african taking on the affairs and battles of people who have no regard, respect or want anything to do with you?
As if tribalism and politics isn't a problem, now you fight among yourselves to continue a beef some backward arabs had thousands of years ago. Please! grin

fellis, are you serious? grin no forced marriage in islam? grin I won't even go in on the examples because you already know that's a lie. Maybe YOU haven't been forced but don't try to use passages to distort the facts. There are women in countries that are predominantly Muslim that do NOT have a say so in who they marry or when they marry. Their only duty or purpose in their societies is to obey.

Not even the "Holy Qur’an" save them from chauvinistic oppression just like it didn't save our ancestors from being SLAVES! tongue
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
*Kails*:

fellis, are you serious? grin no forced marriage in islam? grin I won't even go in on the examples because you already know that's a lie.

So you wont go into examples because I know it is a lie?
Errmm, kails...I think your mind reading abilities might be failing you this evening, I don't know that it is a lie. Infact, what I stated in my previous post was that some adherents of some religions; Islam included, still carry out forced marriages. However, the Muslims among them do not do it because the Islamic religion sanctions it or supports it, it is a cultural thing. If you still want to insist that Islam supports forced marriage, then please post Qur'anic verses or hadith or seerah to back up your claim, don't just say that you saw some Muslims doing it therefore it must be supported in Islam.

Maybe YOU haven't been forced but don't try to use passages to distort the facts. There are women in countries that are predominantly Muslim that do NOT have a say so in who they marry or when they marry. Their only duty or purpose in their societies is to obey.

@bold,What facts am I distorting with passages?
You are correct though, that there are women in Muslim countries that don't have a say in who they marry. This is a sad thing that has no backing in Islam.
Marriages in Islam should not be forced otherwise the marriage would not be regarded as a valid one.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
fellis:

So you wont go into examples because I know it is a lie?
Errmm, kails...I think your mind reading abilities might be failing you this evening, I don't know that it is a lie. Infact, what I stated in my previous post was that some adherents of some religions; Islam included, still carry out forced marriages. However, the Muslims among them do not do it because the Islamic religion sanctions it or supports it, it is a cultural thing. If you still want to insist that Islam supports forced marriage, then please post Qur'anic verses or hadith or seerah to back up your claim, don't just say that you saw some Muslims doing it therefore it must be supported in Islam.

@bold,What facts am I distorting with passages?
[size=18pt]You are correct though, that there are women in Muslim countries that don't have a say in who they marry.[/size] This is a sad thing that has no backing in Islam.
Marriages in Islam should not be forced otherwise the marriage would not be regarded as a valid one.

Look, I don't support Islam because of it's history and the justification for the oppression of not only my people that came before me but people today. The viewing of women as under men and mistreatment of women is still a problem and even backed up by the Qu'ran. There are no passages in the Qu'ran that says forced marriage is ok, however it still happens in predominantly Muslim countries why? Because according to the same book women are second to men. A woman's need is not the same as a man's. Hmmmm.

If a man is ok'd by this same text to marry a child who has not even seen her period shocked (not just culturally..BUT ACCORDING TO THE RELIGION), what is to stop the men from forcing themselves on to the women (both literally and figuratively)?

Exactly nothing. Not EVEN that line you posted!! lol And last time I checked Islam IS Arab culture. Again, it may not happen to you, but it is widespread. On paper that line looks good, but it's all crap.

A fundamental aspect of Islamic law is the right of free will and consent and the negation of compulsion and coercion in practicing the religion.

Yet there are many lines in the SAME qu'ran which contradict this line. grin Lawd!!

According to your book, I am free game to be enslaved and Jihad can be waged against me for not believing in or trusting Muhammad. I as a non-Muslim woman, can be violated for this same reason because I am unmarried and a kuffar. But yet still Islam is a peaceful religion and friendly to womankind right?
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Stalwert: 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
Lol grin ma/sir you seen to keep to love playing the blind mice, don't you? Oh wait, suddenly you are not interested in the topic after rushing to reply! The same you probably spent considerable amount of your time probably watching the royal hook up of people who yes don't consider you human, you see a blind mice is enough waste of time but a hypocritical blind mice is not just worth it!
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
^^wtf is this guy talking about?!
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
*Kails*:
There are no passages in the Qu'ran that says forced marriage is ok, however it still happens in predominantly Muslim countries why? Because according to the same book women are second to men. A woman's need is not the same as a man's. Hmmmm.
If a man is ok'd by this same text to marry a child who has not even seen her period shocked (not just culturally..BUT ACCORDING TO THE RELIGION), what is to stop men from the societies from forcing themselves on to the women (both literally and figuratively)?
Exactly nothing. And last time I checked Islam IS Arab culture. So it may not happen to you, but it is widespread. On paper it looks good, but it's all crap.

@bold, which part of the Qur'an okays child marriage? (please don't say that the prophet did it therefore it is part of the Islamic religion), child marriage is something that was associated with the culture and not Islam.
Consider the following verse from the Quran,
Verse 4:24 - , “And those of whom ye seek consent (by marrying them), give unto them their portions as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what ye do by mutual agreement after the duty (hath been done). Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise.”

This verse talks about commencement of marriage and giving of dowry by the groom to the bride. It is stating that if bride and groom want - they can 'mutually' agree on dowry. Now mutual agreement requires that both parties are mature enough to know what they are doing. Can a child possess this maturity? Does a girl of 13 years old know what she is doing in terms of marriage? The answer is 'No'. The 'mature' aspect of parties is not restricted to marriage only but also to Divorce (Qur'an 2:223) and matters related to Orphans ( Qur'an 4:06).
Also, cultures differed back then, child marriage was widespread, it was not strictly an Arab culture, it was practiced in different parts of the world, e.g in South America and England.

Fact of the matter is, Islam does not support forced marriages. There is no backing in Islam for it, and you mentioned that women are second to men in Islam so that is the reason. Even if in family settings the Islamic ideal is for the man to be the head of the house and he should make decisions for the family, it is still not a justification for forced marriages. There are many parts of the Quran that talk about dealing with your family (and neighbors and friends) with kindness and love.
the Prophet(s) said:
If Allah puts anyone in the position of authority over the Muslims’ affairs and he secludes himself (from them), not fulfilling their needs, wants, and poverty, Allah will keep Himself away from him, not fulfilling his need, want, and poverty.

And the concept of leadership in Islam is not one that necessarily places the leader at an advantaged position over those he leads. A leader or head is supposed to put the needs of those he is in charge of before his own, to place their welfare and happiness BEFORE his.
That is what headship is supposed to be about in Islam, so there is no way that the adaptation of this way of life and beliefs could lead to carrying out forced marriages. The people who carry out forced marriages are not fully adopting the Islamic tenets of treating others with kindness, they are simply following their personal desires.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
*Kails*:

Yet there are many lines in the SAME qu'ran which contradict this line. grin Lawd!!

According to your book, I am free game to be enslaved and Jihad can be waged against me for not believing in or trusting Muhammad. I as a non-Muslim woman, can be violated for this same reason because I am unmarried and a kuffar. But yet still Islam is a peaceful religion and friendly to womankind right?

Jihad or war in Islam is only carried out against those who fight you or oppress you or prevent you from carrying out your religion.
I don't know which anti-Islamic site you saw these things you wrote.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
which verses in the qu'ran permit s3x with children?

ok let's establish this one line which states a man can do to his WIFE as he pleases S3xually...

A husband has sex with his wife, as a plow goes into a field.

The Quran in Sura (Chapter) 2:223 says:

Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like . . . . (MAS Abdel Haleem, The Qur’an, Oxford UP, 2004)

Ok...so now we established that we are talking about WIVES...let's discuss rules associated with underage "wives" who btw can be left after they've already been "used" lipsrsealed Or as some would call it, "divorce". lolz.

Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi

Here, one should bear in mind the fact that according to the explanations given in the Quran the question of the waiting period arises in respect of the women with whom marriage may have been consummated, for there is no waiting-period in case divorce is pronounced before the consummation of marriage. (Al-Ahzab: 49). Therefore, making mention of the waiting-period for the girls who have not yet menstruated, clearly proves that it is not only permissible to give away the girl in marriage at this age but it is also permissible for the husband to consummate marriage with her. Now, obviously no Muslim has the right to forbid a thing which the Quran has held as permissible.

Commentary on Qur'an Chapter 65:4
Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi, Tafhim al-Qur'an

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen

Surah al-Talaaq 65:4: If a woman does not menstruate, either because she is very young or old and past menopause, then her ‘iddah is three months, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the ‘Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubt (about their periods), is three months; and for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature) their ‘Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise.[7]

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, Majmoo’at As’ilah tahumm al-Usrah al-Muslimah, p. 61-63

Evidence from the ahadith

From Imam Bukhari in his book of Tafsir and hadith collections:
CCCLXXXIV: The Tafsir of Surat at-Talaq

Mujahid said that "if you have any doubt" (65:4) means if you do not know whether she menstruates or not. Those who do not longer menstruate and those who have not yet menstruated, their 'idda is three months. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Chapter 68: Book of Tafsir)

Giving one’s young children in marriage (is permissible) by virtue of the Statement of Allah: ‘And for those who have courses’ (i.e. they are still immature) (Sura 65:4) And the ‘Iddat [waiting period for a woman before lawful sexual intercourse] for the girl before puberty is three months (in the above Verse). [Bukhari (Chapter 39)]

Mind you,
These are all STILL valid today.

sources:

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Pedophilia_in_the_Qur'an

http://www.booksie.com/non-fiction/article/taufiq_zia_khan/islam-sanctions-sex-with-minors

http://infidelsarecool.com/2008/01/top-10-quran-quotes-every-woman-must-see/

1 Like

Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
*Kails*:

ok let's establish this one line which states a man can do to his WIFE as he pleases S3xually...

Ok...so now we established that we are talking about WIVES...let's discuss rules associated with underage "wives" who btw can be left after they've already been "used" lipsrsealed Or as some would call it, "divorce". lolz.

Mind you,
These are all STILL valid today.

sources:

http://www.booksie.com/non-fiction/article/taufiq_zia_khan/islam-sanctions-sex-with-minors

http://infidelsarecool.com/2008/01/top-10-quran-quotes-every-woman-must-see/
SO KAILS WHATS YA PLATFORM ? ISLAM BUDDHISM CHRISTIANITY SCIENTOLOGY VOODOO ? grin
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
fellis: Also, cultures differed back then, child marriage was widespread, it was not strictly an Arab culture, it was practiced in different parts of the world, e.g in South America and England.

that's nice. but the qu'ran still ok's sleeping with underage girls. tongue

fellis: There are many parts of the Quran that talk about dealing with your family (and neighbors and friends) with kindness and love.

TO OTHER MUSLIMS. You are not obligated by the Qu'ran to respect non-believers aka Kuffars. grin Come on now.

fellis: the Prophet(s) said:
If Allah puts anyone in the position of authority over the Muslims’ affairs and he secludes himself (from them), not fulfilling their needs, wants, and poverty, Allah will keep Himself away from him, not fulfilling his need, want, and poverty.

lol. I won't even go there! grin
but that somebody who Allah vowed not to "bless" reminds me of a certain someone... tongue

fellis: And the concept of leadership in Islam is not one that necessarily places the leader at an advantaged position over those he leads. A leader or head is supposed to put the needs of those he is in charge of before his own, to place their welfare and happiness BEFORE his.

shocked shocked shocked

Women are viewed as less than their male counterparts...their "leaders":

A male gets a double share of the inheritance over that of a female.

The Quran in Sura 4:11 says:

The share of the male shall be twice that of a female . . . . (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 311)

A woman’s testimony counts half of a man’s testimony.

The Quran in Sura 2:282 says:

And let two men from among you bear witness to all such documents [contracts of loans without interest]. But if two men be not available, there should be one man and two women to bear witness so that if one of the women forgets (anything), the other may remind her. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 205).

Also, if I am not mistaken owning another human being is wrong ONLY IF they are Muslim. And if they are not Muslim and under a Muslim's command, anything goes...

Islam & slavery:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/015-slavery.htm

Islam neither ignores nor condemns slavery. In fact, a large part of the Sharia is dedicated to the practice.

Muslims are encouraged to live in the way of Muhammad, who was a slave owner and trader. He captured slaves in battle. He had sex with his slaves. And he instructed his men to do the same. The Qur'an actually devotes more verses to making sure that Muslim men know they can keep women as sex slaves than it does to telling them to pray five times a day.

Qur'an (33:50) - "O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee" This is one of several personal-sounding verses "from Allah" narrated by Muhammad - in this case allowing himself a virtually unlimited supply of sex partners. Others are restrained to four wives, but may also have sex with any number of slaves, as the following verse make clear:

Qur'an (23:5-6) - "..who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..." This verse permits the slave-owner to have sex with his slaves. See also Qur'an (70:29-30).

Qur'an (4:24) - "And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." Even sex with married slaves is permissible.

Qur'an (16:75) - "Allah sets forth the Parable (of two men: one) a slave under the dominion of another; He has no power of any sort; and (the other) a man on whom We have bestowed goodly favours from Ourselves, and he spends thereof (freely), privately and publicly: are the two equal? (By no means) praise be to Allah." Yet another confirmation that the slave is is not equal to the master.

In this case it is plain that the slave owes his status to Allah's will. (According to 16:71, the owner should be careful about insulting Allah by bestowing Allah's gifts on slaves - those whom the god of Islam has not favored).

And btw Fellis, slavery in predominantly Muslim countries continue to THIS day...why is that?? Would it surprise you that a good portion of these modern slaves are black?

Would you like for me to post testimonies of those who spread Islam into Africa and their disdain for the African who they viewed as beastly, subhuman, and even after converting to their religion, were described as "funny looking" in their civilized garbs?

Hmmm...you'd only post some line to justify it. So I won't even bother.

You are free to believe in what you want Fellis, I choose not to support this religion for my own reasons all of which can be found in your Qu'ran and in history books/testimonies.

I won't try and have no desire to make you a non-Muslim. I am just explaining why I don't support it.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
obadiah777: SO KAILS WHATS YA PLATFORM ? ISLAM BUDDHISM CHRISTIANITY SCIENTOLOGY VOODOO ? grin

LOL. I don't have a platform babes. I am a mono-theist with no religious ties.
I just believe in God, living life and doing right by others.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
*Kails*:

LOL. I don't have a platform babes. I am a mono-theist with no religious ties.
I just believe in God, living life and doing right by others.
NA WHICH ONE BE MONO-THEISM AGAIN. grin BUT YEAH SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE WHAT I SUBSCRIBE TOO EXCEPT YOU CANT BELIEVE IN GOD AND NOT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE. I THINK undecided AM I WRONG ? undecided
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
obadiah777: NA WHICH ONE BE MONO-THEISM AGAIN. grin BUT YEAH SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE WHAT I SUBSCRIBE TOO EXCEPT YOU CANT BELIEVE IN GOD AND NOT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE. I THINK undecided AM I WRONG ? undecided

Lol no religion. I don't want a title!!
And yes you are wrong that one cannot believe in God without believing in the bible.

Many cultures and individuals do not read or have any regard for the Bible but still believe in the Creator. This is nothing new. People have lived like this for thousands of years. I repeat..Monotheism is not new!

Fanatics who call themselves X-tians, Muslims and other groups pretend like they have a monopoly over the meaning righteousness and correct ways of living, only to be exposed in the end. I feel having a title is to cater to the division and it strokes the egos of people who hide behind religion to do dirt.

I REFUSE to do either one.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 06, 2013
*Kails*:

This verse in no way at all endorses child marriage.
No.
Way.
At.
All.

There is no mention that the wife must be a child for intercourse to occur. It is just a message that sexx should be done in any pleasing way by the couple.
This is the full message in the verse;
Qur'an 2;223: Your wives are a place of sowing of seed for you, so come to your place of cultivation however you wish and put forth [righteousness] for yourselves. And fear Allah and know that you will meet Him. And give good tidings to the believers.

The verse is talking about sexx between married couples. Sex with children was not mentioned anywhere there.

"Used"? Why did you use that term? A divorced Muslim woman is not regarded as a "used" woman. Na wa o.
And the different text you quoted are not talking about divorcing underage girls as I will now proceed to show you.

Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi
Here, one should bear in mind the fact that according to the explanations given in the Quran the question of the waiting period arises in respect of the women with whom marriage may have been consummated, for there is no waiting-period in case divorce is pronounced before the consummation of marriage. (Al-Ahzab: 49). Therefore, making mention of the waiting-period for the girls who have not yet menstruated, clearly proves that it is not only permissible to give away the girl in marriage at this age but it is also permissible for the husband to consummate marriage with her. Now, obviously no Muslim has the right to forbid a thing which the Quran has held as permissible.
Commentary on Qur'an Chapter 65:4
Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi, Tafhim al-Qur'an

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen
Surah al-Talaaq 65:4: If a woman does not menstruate, either because she is very young or old and past menopause, then her ‘iddah is three months, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the ‘Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubt (about their periods), is three months; and for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature) their ‘Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise.[7]
Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, Majmoo’at As’ilah tahumm al-Usrah al-Muslimah, p. 61-63

Ok let me quote the verse you posted from the Qur'an to show you
Qur'an 65:4 i.e Sura Talaq verse 4;
[Talaq 65:4] And for those of your women who have no hope of menstruation, if you doubt, the appointed period is three months - and also for those who have not yet had menstruation; and the appointed period for the pregnant women is up to the time they deliver their burden; and whoever fears Allah – Allah will create ease for him in his affairs.
Let me break it down further for you.
The 'waiting period' in Islamic divorce is prescribed for women that just got divorced because it might be that they took in or got pregnant for their former husbands before they got divorced and so, in order to prevent any doubts as to who the father of the child of a recently divorced woman is, a waiting period, before she marries another man is prescribed. This waiting period is the time after which it would be clear to a woman whether or not she is pregnant. The verse mentions a waiting period of three months; after three months, there wouldn't be any doubts whatsoever about whether a woman got pregnant by her husband before they divorced.
Being able to confirm paternity in this way prevents confusion about who the father of a child is and who should be responsible for providing for the child.
When the verse says,' women who have not had menstruation', it is not talking about children because children have not achieved puberty and hence cannot get pregnant so they cannot be waiting to confirm pregnancy. It is talking about women are not menstruating as at the time of the divorce.

You went to copy your quote from anti-Islamic sites and that is why the translation was twisted to make it seem as if the women being referred to were under aged children.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 06, 2013
*Kails*:

that's nice. but the qu'ran still ok's sleeping with underage girls. :PTO OTHER MUSLIMS. You are not obligated by the Qu'ran to respect non-believers aka Kuffars. grin Come on now.
lol. I won't even go there! grin
but that somebody who Allah vowed not to "bless" reminds me of a certain someone... tongue
shocked shocked shocked
Women are viewed as less than their male counterparts...their "leaders":
Also, if I am not mistaken owning another human being is wrong ONLY IF they are Muslim. And if they are not Muslim and under a Muslim's command, anything goes...
And btw Fellis, slavery in predominantly Muslim countries continue to THIS day...why is that?? Would it surprise you that a good portion of these modern slaves are black?

Would you like for me to post testimonies of those who spread Islam into Africa and their disdain for the African who they viewed as beastly, subhuman, and even after converting to their religion, were described as "funny looking" in their civilized garbs?

Hmmm...you'd only post some line to justify it. So I won't even bother.

You are free to believe in what you want Fellis, I choose not to support this religion for my own reasons all of which can be found in your Qu'ran and in history books/testimonies.

I won't try and have no desire to make you a non-Muslim. I am just explaining why I don't support it.

You are free to not support Islam. No oneis forcing you to support it.

Also Islam is against slavery, the fact that it is going on in Islamic countries does not mean it is something that Islam encourages.

Your points have nothing to do with this topic. I have derailed enough.
If you want to understand these things better, then start a topic in the Islam section and ask your questions there.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 06, 2013
fellis, i already established the first quote has nothing to do with the topic but only that a married female can be s3xed by her husband as he please, when he pleased.

i posted the quotes under to show that married females INCLUDED young girls. stop PRETENDING not to understand what my point was

WHEN.
I.
MADE.
IT.
CLEAR.
OK?

Thank you.

LOL @ this weak justification. You must think you are talking to a fo0l. Get out of here..no seriously..Get out lol. grin grin grin Like I said, you will believe what you want to. And that's fine by me. I don't support Islam and especially s3x with underage girls.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 06, 2013
fellis:

You are free to not support Islam. No oneis forcing you to support it.

[size=28pt]Also Islam is against slavery, the fact that it is going on in Islamic countries does not mean it is something that Islam encourages.[/size]

Your points have nothing to do with this topic. I have derailed enough.
If you want to understand these things better, then start a topic in the Islam section and ask your questions there.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 THE JUSTIFICATION OF SLAVERY IS IN THE QU'RAN shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'm done!! lol. bye!
The only reason i mentioned this is because you thought that this topic was the only reason I don't support Islam, I went on to explain why. That's how this conversation came to be. lol
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 06, 2013
*Kails*:
fellis, i already established the first quote has nothing to do with the topic but only that a married female can be s3xed by her husband as he please, when he pleased.

i posted the quotes under to show that married females INCLUDED young girls. stop PRETENDING not to understand what my point was

WHEN.
I.
MADE.
IT.
CLEAR.
OK?

Thank you.

I thought you were saying the verse is talking about children that is why I responded like that but it seems I misunderstood what you meant. I was not pretending.

LOL @ this weak justification. You must think you are talking to a fo0l. Get out of here..no seriously..Get out lol. grin grin grin Like I said, you will believe what you want to. And that's fine by me. I don't support Islam and especially s3x with underage girls.
If you want to believe that the verse is talking of children, go ahead. It's a free world.
My own belief is different.
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Stalwert: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2013
*Kails*:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 THE JUSTIFICATION OF SLAVERY IS IN THE QU'RAN shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'm done!! lol. bye!
The only reason i mentioned this is because you thought that this topic was the only reason I don't support Islam, I went on to explain why. That's how this conversation came to be. lol

You see why you were part of the three blind mice? Too blind to see the writing on the wall and too ignorant to even offer objective criticism. Islam does not benefit anything from your support or lack of it so what was it you were saying again? Nothing, as Islamic principles are taken from the Qur'an and also the hadiths which explains the application of the Qur'an. But I trust you know nothing about anything except being a blind mice!
Re: Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
*Kails*:

Lol no religion. I don't want a title!!
And yes you are wrong that one cannot believe in God without believing in the bible.

Many cultures and individuals do not read or have any regard for the Bible but still believe in the Creator. This is nothing new. People have lived like this for thousands of years. I repeat..Monotheism is not new!

Fanatics who call themselves X-tians, Muslims and other groups pretend like they have a monopoly over the meaning righteousness and correct ways of living, only to be exposed in the end. I feel having a title is to cater to the division and it strokes the egos of people who hide behind religion to do dirt.

I REFUSE to do either one.
AND I CAN RESPECT ALL THAT BUT THE BIBLE IS NOT A RELIGION. IT IS A HOLY CONSTITUTION. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. / Consequences Of Covetousness (wrong Desires) / Indecent Dressing Attracts Rapists, Says Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.